Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:41:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 166
Total: 166

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: So things have not gone well.  (Read 57776 times)

Offline DancerBoy

Re: So things have not gone well.
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2006, 03:32:46 pm »
I'd like think a LOT of behavior could be blamed on drugs instead on anything else. 

I'm just saying...  be they recreational or ones meant to make the crazy or KILLing rational... I'm just saying.
Boys are Stupid

Offline Lis

« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2006, 03:41:16 pm »
hi danny...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 04:19:14 pm by Lis »
poz 1986....

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2006, 04:03:34 pm »

I'm just saying...  be they recreational or ones meant to make the crazy or KILLing rational... I'm just saying.

Danny,

I just wanted to thank you for referencing me in your last post and labeling my battle and all others with mental health issues as being crazy.  I am so happy that you do not have to live the daily hell that I do because I suffer from mental illness.  How easy it must be for you to navigate through life, firmly in control of yourself, while crazies like me must rely on medications, psychiatrists and therapists to even get through the day.  To know that everything you say and do must be right, because, hey, you are not crazy.

For me however, life is very different and I am very deliberate on what I post, because I know that my brain does not always work as it should.  I spend months changing medications to keep the darkness at bay.  I have a wonderful husband, shrink and therapist, without whom, I would have surely perished by now.  Yet, I plod on the best that I can, realizing my challenges and attempting to live a normal life.

Or at least as normal of a life that a crazy person can live.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 04:14:28 pm by killfoile »

Offline yowsaa

« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2006, 04:09:46 pm »
Matty,
Glad to hear your soldiering on young man. Onward and upward(especially with the naming)  :)

yowsaa
(who both cringes and chuckles @ MtD's wit)

Offline Trish

« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2006, 04:28:59 pm »

John,

I absolutely defy you to carry out your impossible threat of showing me as a hypocrite.  I will wait for that post, but not holding my breath, because it can not be done.  At least when I stick my foot in my mouth, I leave it there for all to see.  And surely you are not suggesting that either yours or Trishs' edited posts in that thread, were what you initially posted.  Why are you so unable to take responsbility for your actions?  With you two it seems to be all about smoke and mirrors.

Cannot be done?  Hmmmm... interestingly enough, IT CAN BE DONE!!!

For your perusal Joe...

a couple of tidbits I found from August & October of this year.  Unfortunately the old forums are gone, but I'm certain you did it there too.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=2672.msg30293#msg30293  -- Reply #32 on August 8th.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=4445.msg51021#msg51021  -- Reply #12 on October 4th.

I suppose you conveniently forgot about these posts of yours. :o Doh!!! ::)

Good day!!!
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Lis

« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2006, 04:56:59 pm »
be well.. and have a GREAT weekend!!!!

you need it!!
poz 1986....

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2006, 05:01:29 pm »
Trish --

This has got to stop!

Ever since you -- and John -- returned from Toronto, the value of your participation in the Forums has been... shall we say... questionable.  

We get it... you and John were uncomfortable, to say the least, in Toronto... but why are you insisting on turning your distaste into a protracted war in the Forums?  Okay, so you received some pretty harsh responses to your initial grievances, but the fact is that you didn't exactly express many of them with tact.  Surely you must have known that your thoughts (or, more precisely, the way you expressed them) -- and finger pointing -- weren't going to be received kindly by others in attendance.   

You've sent various PMs to the moderators, indicating that you and John have been so mercilessly wronged in the Forums, yet you have taken ZERO responsibility for not only starting flame wars... but perpetuating them to no end.  In fact, this is the ONLY thing I've seen you doing over the past three months.  

If these Forums truly are an endless source of angst and frustration for you, I suggest that you leave them for your own sake.  NOBODY'S going to get the last word in here... not you, not Lis, not Joe... not anybody... all you're doing is keeping this vicious cycle going... and we're totally sick of it.

Now you have a nice week-long time out to think things through.  Enjoy. 

Tim Horn

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 05:17:49 pm by Tim Horn »

Offline Lis

« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2006, 05:40:14 pm »
Is it just me.. or does Matty resemble DR. House?.. And I'm sure that Jonathon writes the dialogue!!!

just saying!!!

poz 1986....

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2006, 06:00:09 pm »
Hey Lis...thanks, it's been bugging me since Matty put up the avatar..I knew the face reminded me of someone...Dr House, of course.... :D

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2006, 06:23:50 pm »
Matty.The.Dammed --- The Mad Scientist

"They LAUGHED at my theories at the institute! Fools! I'll destroy them all!" -- Caucasian, male, aging, crooked teeth, messy hair, lab coat, spectacles/goggles, dramatic posing — A very stereotypical mad scientist.

Make the BEST of each and every Day!

Offline Just John

« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2006, 06:33:47 pm »
Now you have a nice week-long time out to think things through.  Enjoy.

Well Hallelujah at long last; it would've appeared to have been a whole lot fairer if it had happenned at the same time as Lis' >:(. Kilfoile I'm entirely with you on this one and Lis, I think you only said what me and a lot of others were thinking.

Matty what can I say? I don't know you, but I feel empathy, both with you and others on this site. I was sad to read about your numbers and associated health problems and hope that the meds will come to the rescue without too many averse effects.

Once again one of your threads has become compulsive reading.

Wish you the best, John. ;)
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2006, 07:27:18 pm »
Tim Horn- Just as ridiculous as the rest.
-D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 07:30:25 pm by DancerBoy »
Boys are Stupid

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2006, 07:29:32 pm »
Danny,

I just wanted to thank you for referencing me in your last post and labeling my battle and all others with mental health issues as being crazy.  I am so happy that you do not have to live the daily hell that I do because I suffer from mental illness.  How easy it must be for you to navigate through life, firmly in control of yourself, while crazies like me must rely on medications, psychiatrists and therapists to even get through the day.  To know that everything you say and do must be right, because, hey, you are not crazy.

For me however, life is very different and I am very deliberate on what I post, because I know that my brain does not always work as it should.  I spend months changing medications to keep the darkness at bay.  I have a wonderful husband, shrink and therapist, without whom, I would have surely perished by now.  Yet, I plod on the best that I can, realizing my challenges and attempting to live a normal life.

Or at least as normal of a life that a crazy person can live.
poor poor joe.  My thoughts are with you.
Boys are Stupid

Offline Lis

« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2006, 07:42:12 pm »
Danny... take a breath.... you dont even have a dog in that fight.....
poz 1986....

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2006, 07:52:45 pm »
Danny,

I am in need of no sympathy, because I do not go around disparaging an entire group of people with mental illness.  Your lack of empathy is disgusting, but not unexpected as your masters have trained you well.  Why don't you scoot over to their new love fest (www.aids2hiv.com) and spread your toxic waste there.

Leave this site for the sober adults as you have nothing constructive to provide here.

In the end Danny, we will never share the same view of the world, because I am afraid that there is simply not enough room up your ass for both of our heads together.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 08:08:51 pm by killfoile »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2006, 07:57:45 pm »

Alejandro....  Chill out... waste some energy and call me..
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Lis

« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2006, 08:00:39 pm »
Well F**CK...  As much as I hate to put myself out there again... I gotta do it....

Danny... those crazy words might just fit in your corner....  be grateful for what you have, and maybe, just maybe you should tell you know who to fight their own battles!!!

your better then that... I hope..
poz 1986....

Offline Eldon

« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2006, 08:16:19 pm »
Hey Lis,

You are RIGHT, be grateful for what you have. There are so many others who are in a worst off situation.

Hey Danny,

Before you decide to talk about someone else, you should take a good look inside of you first. Accept what is inside of you, understand what is inside of you, and change the things that you can inside of you.

Attacking others will not resolve the problem(s) that exists within you.

Make the BEST of each and every Day!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2006, 08:37:37 pm »
Now what was this thread about?...oh yeah, the Poo's impending death. I will start a poll later handicapping his odds and we will soon see how everyone makes that about themselves.

I think even the Poomeister would agree that it is all becoming so tedious...and it is all soooo not about you.

Now c'mon people...we got a war to lose, pedophiles to elect next week, and a planet to destroy. Matty's already done his part...can I count on you?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2006, 08:43:44 pm »
Tim,

We need to clarify a few things here.  The Various PM’s that Trish sent to the Moderators.  One to each of you moderators after Lis called her a Hooker, if I am not correct, resulted in a timeout for Lis.  Were there other PM's?  That little dick Steve called her a scrag and me a manpussy.  Manpussy?  How much do we take?

Trish’s last post (which was well worth it BTW) here was but a rebuttal to Joe’s challenge (which by the way was proof, IF I AM NOT CORRECT of his idiotic and clearly hypocritical statements).   If I recall, Matty didn’t have a damn thing to do with Montreal (other than inflammatory posts), so what bearing does that have on this thread?  The fact that we stated our opinions about the coveted AMG and were trounced by the worshippers for doing that, AND I might add, were labeled as homophobes (of which I challenge any reader here to back that up).  It wasn’t until we were backed into a corner that we came out fighting.  Wouldn’t you? We have been followed around since then by vultures of the likes of  the literary geniuses Lis, Bailey (who speaks), and Steve, and Matty himself who asks me to tell him again how I got infected.  Got news for ya, Mtd and anyone else here, I never told you in the first place.

I have made posts since then that called people out because frankly, both IN Montreal, and ensuing threads revealed their hypocrisy in true blue.  People can build their own image as they wish, but they should back it up.  That isn’t a prerequisite here. 

With this Smart and Strong deal, you have created a city. In cities, there are gangs.  That is what has happened to this place.  Fine with me, but you guys are looking for damage control far beyond what you are capable of.  Trish and I are gone but your troubles are not. 

Okay, as far as Lis and Baily, I would say that between the two of you, you carry a cumulative IQ of a toaster oven.  Enough said.  Little Steve, get yourself a step ladder, and Matty, no matter how big of an asshole you are, I don’t wish death on anybody, but this has always been within your control.  If you choose to let yourself die, then do it with dignity.

As far as I am concerned, a week isn’t a good enough time out for my ass, so exercise your option Tim.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2006, 08:48:48 pm »

Will we hit page three by the end of the night?
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2006, 09:00:55 pm »
 :-X taps fingers

[attachment deleted by admin]
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2006, 09:07:33 pm »
So, Take it from this survivor; I went to many, witnessed it with my own eyes, mind and heart, and once even did it as Rula Lenska, with the long RED hair and the full length red evening gown...  So there, I said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me Moffie that you shaved off your mustache first.   ;)

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2006, 10:59:16 pm »
I've locked this thread and we've issued additional time outs to Lis, DancerBoy, Killfoile, and KCMetroman. 

I can't believe that this is what it has come to.  Either we completely turn our backs -- which I don't think anyone wants us to do -- or really start cracking down on ALL those who keep the battles going in the Forums. 

We have those who instigate and those who react.  What's really frustrating is that the lines seperating the two have become incredibly blurred.  And with the alliances that have been formed, along with all the finger pointing among various individuals, it is almost impossible to see things with different degrees of guilt.  And because we're now at this point, 48 hour time outs, following by seven-day time outs, followed by full bans will be meted out to any perpetuating flame wars in any of the AIDSmeds.com Forums. 

This really sucks.

Tim Horn

« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 08:00:25 am by Tim Horn »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.