Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:41:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 193
Total: 193

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Waiting for my result.  (Read 9079 times)

Offline a74

Waiting for my result.
« on: October 19, 2007, 07:03:12 am »
My boyfriend has HIV symptom showing.But he refuse to see a doctor.I'm afraid he might infect from me.I was raped few months ago.But I have not told him.So he is sure he is find.I'm crying every day seeing him suffer from this.I don't know how I should start telling him.I called the HIV help lines.They don't seem to be so helpful as they website said.They passed me on one to the others.I have to take him to get the test tomorow.He is getting weak and weak.I have no sympton yet but I'm so depressed.I wished I was the only one who suffer from all the pain and bad things not my boyfriend.
I live in London.Does anyone know where I can get advice or counselling?

I'm completely lost.
A

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: I'm lost.Can any one help me?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 07:06:03 am »
A,

There are no specific symptoms of HIV infection. One viral condition is much like another. HIV is diagnosed by identifying risk behaviours and having antibody tests performed at the appropriate time.

Is there a reason why you think your sweetie's symptoms are HIV related?

MtD

Offline a74

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 08:01:46 am »
Hi thanks for your reple.That give me a little hope.Because I was rape and I don't know who was the guy.I woke up in a hotel.I remember that room had a strange smell.

My boyfriend feels very very weak.Start from 2 weeks ago.And got muscle pain on his back between his neck and his shoulder.He is a strong and active man.He has never get this before.He starts to smell bad from the inside of his body.Both from breaht and fa**(sorry don't want to be rude)Sometime he smell like the same smell in the hotel room.

I'm praying to God.But I was in the risk situation.And my boyfriend is sick.I'm can't change the past.I'm prepare to face it but it is quite hard.
I'm so worry.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 09:27:18 am »
A, this is all guessing. HIV is nothing to guess about. That's terrible that you were raped. And it must be a burden that you are keeping it secret. If you haven't already been tested for HIV that's something you need to do. Along with getting counseling.

As for your bf, I don't know what the reason is that HIV is a concern. Something in his history? Symptoms are never the way to know about HIV status. There's nothing you are mentioning about his symptoms which is HIV specific. If his status is in doubt then he should get tested.

AND no less importantly, if you are having intercourse he should be wearing a condom everytime until both of you are tested. Only when both partners test negative together and decide to be in a securely monogamous relationship can you make a decision to not use condoms.

Good luck with getting these matters straightened out.   
Andy Velez

Offline a74

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 09:46:18 am »
Thank u Andy.I'm always tell him to use the condom.I bought it.For now I wonder will I ever have sex with someone again?I'd like to think positive but I'm so worry.I'm very sad to be selfish that I didn't tell him.I worry that he will not except this.I'm so scare.How would he feel if he has infect it from me.It s differenc from me.I quite except it now as I was the victim.But he'd think he has nothing to do with this.Why he has to suffer with it.I'm blaming myself so badly.

I found this web is very useful,people here are truely nice.I'm a little more brave to tell him and get the test.
Thank you so much.

A.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 10:12:43 am »
You maybe worrying needlessly as you may test negative. But either way you need to know your status.
Andy Velez

Offline a74

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 10:36:56 am »
Hi Andy.

I hope that it just my worry.If I turn out neg that would be the miracle gift from God.If I turn out positive that would be the lesson He want me to learn and tell the others how the hell taste.So people can choose to follow themself or follow His word.I'm going to church now.It s 3.30pm in London.I'll pray for everyone and myself.

God bless.
A.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 11:12:12 am »
Best of luck with your test. Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline a74

Waiting for my result.
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 02:02:45 pm »
My heart is falling apart.Don't think the result will be change.My stupidness killing my loveone.I'm ready to die at anytime but my boyfriend still refuse the true.I understand him.He is not deserve this scarely thing.It is me who should take all of this.I'm asking Our Father every day to protect him.I don't want him to get hurt,I don't want him be to frightened.How can I turn the time back.How can I change the past.There is no sign that he will accept it.I can't stop crying.

I'm lost.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Waiting for my result.
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 02:16:16 pm »

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you are worried you're hiv positive and want to protect your bf, then use condoms. If you don't know your boyfriend's hiv status, you need to be using condoms with him regardless.

You cannot find out your hiv status going by someone else's symptoms, you can't even find out your hiv status going by your own symptoms. Symptoms don't matter when it comes to hiv, only test results can reveal your hiv status.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline a74

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 02:40:43 pm »
Thank Ann.I had my test yesterday.But the result will be in 1or 2 weeks time.My boyfriend is getting more sick but he doesn't want to go to check.He is scared.I'm also getting very weak.Don't think it is a normal sickness.

Feeling very very bad.
A74

I'm sorry if I post the wrong place.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 02:52:51 pm »

Tell your boyfriend that not testing will not change his hiv status. Even if you test negative, he will still need to test if he's ever had unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse and you need to see that result before you stop using condoms with him.

Good luck with your results. Keep us posted.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline a74

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 04:03:51 pm »
Thank you again Ann,
This is only place I can talk to someone.I haven't told anyone.When I talk to my boyfriend about this.He got angry and told me to shut up.About having sex,I don't think it'll happen again soon or ever.I'm too scare.For now I'm trying to keep my boyfriend and myself as health as posible.

One more qeustion,just in case if he has HIV.Does exercise effect the HIV?He rides the bicycle to work and swim in the open air pool.It is very cold(5 degree)in the water.I'm worry if the disease devolop faster when poeple do the exercise.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 04:59:14 pm »

Get your boyfriend to test, then, if necessary, we'll talk about what is and isn't good for people with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline a74

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 05:17:11 pm »
Thank Ann.

I'm trying to tell him every day.may be I'll just go to the private so we'll know the result quicker.

Thank you.
A

Offline a74

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 03:18:55 pm »
Hi everyone.

I've a question.I tested neg at the 8th week.Will the result change?I'll test agian in one month time so will be 12 weeks.How many chance the result will change?
I'm so worry again.

Thanks in advance.
God bless to all.
A

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 03:26:23 pm »

The chances that your 8 week negative will turn into a 13 week positive are extremely remote. I've never seen it happen.

MtD

Offline a74

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 05:52:10 am »
Thank you MtD.I hope it won't change too.But the nurse called me from the hospital to make an appointment for the next test.She said they just want to follow the result and make sure.She is scare me.It make me think that the last test they wasn't sure so they need other test to confirm.I was happy for a week and now I'm back to the scarely world again.

A.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 06:01:18 am »
A,

The nurse is just doing her job. Like us she knows that you have your negative result confirmed at week 12/13.

I'm very sure you will test negative. Don't be scared. This will all be OK. :)

MtD

Offline a74

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 03:00:27 pm »
Thanks again MtD.I'm trying to stay calm and believe that everything is going to be ok.

A.

Offline a74

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 10:06:06 am »
Hi everyone.

I've got my 12 weeks result today.It came out negative.But the doctor said I have Hepatitis B.I'm still in the dizzy day.I don't know how should I feel.Somehow doctor still worry about me and took more blood for other test.I'm trying to move on but something still holding me back.

Thanks everyone.I've learnt so many things here.And hope everyone are doing well.

A

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.