Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 08:32:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 167
Total: 167

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Thin/Extra Sensitive Condoms  (Read 38274 times)

Offline donadelayla

Re: Thin/Extra Sensitive Condoms
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2006, 07:30:06 am »
Hi again

Ive been reading the other Forums here. Some says they got infected by receiving blow job or sexual act that is not possible of transmission of the virus. I know that maybe there is some who is just playing and make people here to fear more or maybe they really got infected but they are not telling the truth how they got infected.

Question to the Experts here. If you will advice which is more safer Top 3 Receiving Blow Job or Fingering or Having Protected Vaginal Sex?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2006, 08:52:35 am »
Don,

All three of the things you list are not risks for hiv infection. They are all safe.

The only remote danger is if your condom breaks. Read through the condom and lube links in my signature line - a correctly used condom rarely breaks.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline donadelayla

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2006, 02:38:43 pm »
Im planning to test probably at 8weeks or 12 weeks. But Im feeling not confident because of the symptoms im feeling like the one swollen lymph nodes in my groin. Im really not sure if the swollen lymph node in my groin was the result of a wound I have on my right foot. The Lymph node now is not anymore swollen but it still palpable.

My feelings is not good to test because of this. Is this symptoms just a coincidence?

And how about the other thread here who post that they got infected from an No Risk Transmission?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2006, 02:51:47 pm »
Don,

You did not have a risk of infection. Test whenever you like - the result will be conclusive.

Some people cannot even admit to themselves that they engaged in risky behaviour and some people engage in risky behaviours that they don't remember due to alcohol/drug use. For this reason, patient report is unreliable. What IS reliable are the studies of serodiscordant couples where the negative partners remained negative as long as condoms were used for intercourse. These studies have proven which transmission routes are risky and which aren't.

You have not had a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline donadelayla

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2006, 02:38:44 pm »
Hi

Im reading the symptoms of the worried wells here like me. They have symptoms of fever, rash, nodes....etc and test negative.

I do have symptoms and its strange. My symptom now is on my Ear that has a wound. Its not inside the hole of the ear. Its on the top-inside-surface of the ear.

And also I still dont know why I have the black toe nails. Its the big toe and middle toe nail. I didnt bang or drop an object. The black color is not the whole toenails. Its only in the middle part of the toe nail and shape  like a line.

My feeling of this symptoms that is unique and it makes me worried that i got a risk. Do ARS symptoms differ by country and climate?

And im still in fear that the vagina directly touch my thigh that has small open cut is a risk. I know that it needs to infect certain cells. But why is vaginal fluids that is not a risk?

And also I did receive rimming from the girl. I concern because I have the habit of cleaning my anus hard that result of some cuts. Do the anus(outside part) has some cells?

Thanks again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2006, 02:48:46 pm »
Don,

You didn't have a risk of hiv infection, as you have been repeatedly told.

Take yourself and your black toenails to your doctor and let the doctor diagnose you. We cannot do that for you here, all we can tell you is that you did not have a risk for hiv infection. It's up to you do take the next step and see your doctor.

There's nothing more we can do for you here. You didn't have a risk of hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline donadelayla

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2006, 03:10:22 pm »
Ann thanks again.

Ann I want to end this fear. But this symptoms really makes me fearful and made my anxiety high.

Im planning to test. My last test was last july using a 4th generation test. I tested back then because of fear. I also had a non-risk incident base on science.

4th generation test here is expensive than other available test like particle agglutination.

I read here of you advising to test at six week mark and that is a good indicator. Is the lowest generation like the particle agglutination is also a good indicator on the six week mark? I mean when you say to test at six week mark did you mean that even the lowest generation is a good indicator at six week?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2006, 05:34:46 pm »
Don,

If you're serious about wanting to "end this fear", then get yourself to a mental health care professional and learn how to deal with your anxiety. Coming on to this website is only going to serve to reinforce your fears. See a counselor for your anxiety and a medical doctor for your symptoms.

Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv. You had no risk. There's no point in discussing tests with you, you don't need to test and any test you take will be conclusive at this point.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline donadelayla

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2006, 06:11:42 pm »
Hi

Despite the advice that I dont need to test.........I still took an Hiv test at 6week.

The result is Serodia Hiv 1/2-- non-reactive

By the way how is serodia comparable to elisa?

What if I got a risk and I use this test, At Six week is it still a good indicator of the 12 week?

Offline donadelayla

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2006, 02:57:42 pm »
anyone about my last post?

Offline donadelayla

« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2006, 07:25:45 am »
any replys?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2006, 08:18:30 am »
Don,

Serodia is simply a brand-name ELISA.

It's no surprise your result came back negative. You didn't have a risk of infection in the first place. You ARE hiv negative. You do not need further testing.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline donadelayla

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2006, 04:42:10 pm »
Don,

Serodia is simply a brand-name ELISA.

It's no surprise your result came back negative. You didn't have a risk of infection in the first place. You ARE hiv negative. You do not need further testing.

Ann

Ann it says Serodia is Particle Agglutination?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2006, 05:30:10 pm »
Particle-Agglutination Test for the Detection of Antibodies to
Human Immunodeficiency Viruses type1 and/or type2 (HIV-1/HIV-2)

It's the same like Ann told you.

Offline donadelayla

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2006, 03:49:53 am »
hi what is the risk of licking the womans vagina? Would the risk be higher if you bite the inside of the cheeks two days before incident?

I did lick a womans vagina but two days before i bite the inside of my cheeks. I think do you call that gums?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2006, 05:35:35 am »
Don,

This has gone on long enough. I know full well you read other threads in this forum and I'm quite sure you've read by now that going down on a woman is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

You should also know by now that the risk you need to worry about is unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Use condoms and you won't have to worry about it.

You are conclusively hiv negative and it's time for you to move on with your life. If you need the help of a time out to encourage you to deal with your anxiety in a more appropriate setting - face to face with a counselor or therapist - then I can arrange that, no problem. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline donadelayla

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2006, 04:00:02 pm »
Yes Im reading other threads in the forum.

I read in the serodiscordant study no hiv transmission. I also read serodiscordant study that the do only fellatio and no hiv transmission.

I have two scenario: What is the difference if the tougue is put inside the vagina that is not a risk but if the penis is put inside the vagina even only 1 inch is a risk? This two scenario has contact with the vaginal fluids but the other is not a risk the other is a risk. Both the tounge and urethra is a mucous membrane.

I just want to know why cunnilingus is not a risk and contact of vaginal fluids in the mouth is not a risk.

But is there a serodiscordant study of lesbian? Or a serodiscordant study that they do only cunnilingus?

Thanks again.

Offline donadelayla

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2006, 03:09:48 pm »
Yes Im reading other threads in the forum.

I read in the serodiscordant study no hiv transmission. I also read serodiscordant study that the do only fellatio and no hiv transmission.

I have two scenario: What is the difference if the tougue is put inside the vagina that is not a risk but if the penis is put inside the vagina even only 1 inch is a risk? This two scenario has contact with the vaginal fluids but the other is not a risk the other is a risk. Both the tounge and urethra is a mucous membrane.

I just want to know why cunnilingus is not a risk and contact of vaginal fluids in the mouth is not a risk.

But is there a serodiscordant study of lesbian? Or a serodiscordant study that they do only cunnilingus?

Thanks again.

Anyone about this post?

Offline donadelayla

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2006, 01:05:44 pm »
anyone about my previous post?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 01:07:57 pm by donadelayla »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2006, 02:39:01 pm »
It's not a risk period. How many posts have you received in your thread? It's getting a little rediculous. Like we've told the others. READ the welcome thread.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.