Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:21:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 335
Total: 336

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: It’s all over: Friday is the new “Rapture” day...  (Read 16010 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
It’s all over: Friday is the new “Rapture” day...
« on: October 18, 2011, 06:45:03 am »

http://blogs.ajc.com/the-buzz/2011/10/17/its-all-over-friday-is-the-new-rapture-day/

Don’t make any weekend plans.

Harold Camping, the end-of-times preacher who incorrectly calculated that the world would end on May 21, has a new prediction. The apocalypse is actually going to be this Friday, he now says.

(Here’s a Christian Post article that links to a slew of other coverage.)

After the first Rapture date came and went, Camping came in for a bit of static. Especially from people who’d depleted their savings figuring they’d be whisked to heaven.

Not to fear, Camping explained. May 21 was merely the spiritual Rapture. This Friday is the real deal.

Unlike this spring, we’re not seeing massive coverage of people camped out awaiting the end of the world. (Unless some of the “Occupy” protesters have worked that into their list of demands).

So, are you getting your affairs in order?
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline hope_for_a_cure

Re: It’s all over: Friday is the new “Rapture” day...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:57:24 am »
I submitted a waiver request form.... besides, we have AMG12 coming up in the summer and I really do want to attend that.  
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:59:39 am by hope_for_a_cure »

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 08:22:00 am »
http://blogs.ajc.com/the-buzz/2011/10/17/its-all-over-friday-is-the-new-rapture-day/
So, are you getting your affairs in order?

All people of faith being taken to an alternate reality and leaving Earth to the faithless, rational thinkers sounds like a great idea. I'm all for it.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 10:44:44 am »

These guys are all wrong, the earth will stop spinning the day I die.  My problem is I can't predict exactly when that will be....
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 11:09:14 am »
I submitted a waiver request form.... besides, we have AMG12 coming up in the summer and I really do want to attend that.  
  :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 11:21:27 am »
I submitted a waiver request form, but they told me I was too old, and they said if your older than 50 it really won't matter anyway, just close your eyes, and place your head firmly between your legs, and KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 11:31:06 am »
What ever shall I wear for this event??

Offline Basquo

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 12:29:40 pm »
I saw Blondie perform "Rapture" live in person a couple of weeks ago. It was the SECOND time I've seen "Rapture" performed live and if my story parallel's this dumb-ass's story I guess I'll get to see Blondie live again and again and again until one of us dies.

And now, a personal message to Rev. Camping: That voice in your head is not God.

Offline Growler

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 06:29:05 pm »
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline wolfter

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 09:43:58 am »

I was wondering the same thing.  Just wish I knew where I was heading so I could dress accordingly. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline bocker3

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 10:39:10 am »
I was wondering the same thing.  Just wish I knew where I was heading so I could dress accordingly. 

After meeting you in Seattle -- I'd say -- an asbestos suit (I may have another one you could use)!!   ;)  ;D

M

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 10:46:54 am »

I'm going to dress like I'm going to the White Party cause I'm an angel . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 11:17:38 am »
I can see someone being 'crazy' enough to dream this up; what I can't see is why anyone is crazy enough to be a "follower" of this person.... >:(

On a side note, I had the wildest dream last night; very disturbing.   It was raining fire (and brimstone, I guess, who the hell knows what that looks like?) and I was in a cemetery....the fires were all around, and falling from the sky.... and I NEVER dream shit like this.   It is October, and I've been watching some scary movies lately, but nothing with anything like this in it....also, I recently re-started Neurontin for my feet, so that may be the source of my weird dreaming.....

In the grand scheme of things, I guess I'm as ready as the next person for whatever comes...

ALAN  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Denver Toad

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 12:08:37 pm »

It's post Labor Day, do not wear white.... So tacky if ya do.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 08:30:53 am »
After meeting you in Seattle -- I'd say -- an asbestos suit (I may have another one you could use)!!   ;)  ;D

M

;D  After meeting me in person, you should have realized I wouldn't get this... ;)  I thought about this numerous times and it finally "clicked" this morning.  Guess my cognition is getting better.

I refuse to follow any false prophet who isn't a total hotty. 

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 08:35:19 am »
I saw Blondie perform "Rapture" live in person a couple of weeks ago.
Cool where was that? Were they good?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 07:41:00 pm »
maybe I didn't get the correct concep't of the 'Rapture'...

I mean...

Gadhafi is gone and I'm still here.... ???
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 07:57:26 pm »
Perhaps its Rupture not Rapture day that is looming. 

Offline denb45

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 08:12:23 pm »
I wearing my birthday suit to the rapture, I came into this world naked and ashamed, I might as well go out that way  :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 08:28:22 pm »
We got paid today at work.  On the way home I bought 4 honeybuns and 3 Diet Cokes--oh joy!

I was going to work tomorrow. Shall I call in sick, lay back and eat the rest of my honeybuns and drink diet Coke?

:D
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 08:36:19 pm »
I was going to work tomorrow. Shall I call in sick, lay back and eat the rest of my honeybuns and drink diet Coke?
it depends. If you plan to leave in the Rapture, you won't be doing either of those things. LOL However if you're sticking around, do you think your boss will be Raptured? If so, then take the day off.  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 08:50:06 pm »
Tomorrow? DAMN! They just today started the McRib promotion at McDonalds (for a limited time only), and now everything is going to go up in smoke tomorrow? This really sux.

Are there McRibs in heaven? oh silly me, it wouldnt be heaven if there werent McRibs there:)

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline denb45

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 08:55:17 pm »
Tomorrow? DAMN! They just today started the McRib promotion at McDonalds (for a limited time only), and now everything is going to go up in smoke tomorrow? This really sux.

Are there McRibs in heaven? oh silly me, it wouldnt be heaven if there werent McRibs there:)

Well we have a Troy Akiman Wings & Things down the street form where I live, I guess I'll be eating some nice chicken-wings naked & ashamed during the Rapture  :D

Offline rondrond

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 09:03:26 pm »
...but.. I just lost 38 lbs.. :-\

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 09:13:39 pm »
This entire rapture thing is actually causing some concern now that Friday is drawing near.  The vaporization factor is what scares me the most.  POOF... the chosen few will be gone in a split second.  'Beam me up Scottie' will take on an entirely new meaning. 

Can we take our pets with us?  I cant leave my cat behind as the harsh Carolina winter is soon to set in. 

Offline rondrond

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 09:17:51 pm »
I've hears the top Evenagelicalists (sp?) say that you can't have any requests...

..and only 1 carry on is allowed...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 09:31:58 pm »

I hear everyone talking about these things...  Is it anything like a BBQ pulled pork sandwhich?

I have not eaten from a McDonald's since they gave me a cheeseburger with the cheese, mustard, ketchup, and pickle all melted into the fake meat patty... that was about 15 years ago.  Damn shit grossed me out and pissed me off all at the same time.   Would the McRib be worth breaking a promise?

Offline bocker3

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 10:18:35 pm »
   Would the McRib be worth breaking a promise?

Dear god, no......  why would you take culinary advice from Grandma Wumpy??  Have you not read all the horrid things she puts in her mouth......    McRib -- that thing has never been near any real meat.

Offline Raf

• Bald by choice
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 10:44:39 pm »
The only thing I'll say: Heaven without bacon is not heaven.
Dx: 05/14/2008
Latest HIV Meds combo I've been taking:

Kaletra + Combivir (since 05/16/2008 - 05/09/2019)
Acriptega (05/10/2019 - today)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 10:50:48 pm »
Dear god, no......  why would you take culinary advice from Grandma Wumpy??  Have you not read all the horrid things she puts in her mouth......    McRib -- that thing has never been near any real meat.

LOL You're absolutely right..  I don't know what I was thinking.

Thanks for helping me keep my promise.

The only thing I'll say: Heaven without bacon is not heaven.

That is my weakness right there.  This mornings breakfast was 5 scrambled eggs, 6 slices of bacon, and big bowl of grits. 

Heaven has got to be full of Newports, right guys?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 05:04:21 am »
I didn't want to take any chances, so I ate a slab of swiss cheese last night.  I imagine lipids will be the last thing to worry about after today. 

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 07:43:04 am »
I just finished eating breakfast and it was deli.......beeeeeeeeeeeeeep!****************
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Basquo

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 09:39:25 am »
Cool where was that? Were they good?

Moody Theatre (new Austin City Limits venue)

They were amazing! Deborah can still pull it off. Great show.  Hope they don't go *poof* today!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 12:20:01 pm »
Some people go "poof" in this forum on a daily basis! ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline rondrond

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 12:54:27 pm »
Some people go "poof" in this forum on a daily basis! ;D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 01:35:38 pm »

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2011, 03:55:45 pm »
Sitting here all cleaned up and waiting impatiently to be swept up. (fingers drumming)

Andy Velez

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2011, 06:19:16 pm »
Sitting here all cleaned up and waiting impatiently to be swept up. (fingers drumming)

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 06:44:13 pm »
Hey, Still waiting. I don't like to leave my post but I have to go to the bathroom. Tick tock tick tock.

Andy Velez

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2011, 06:58:11 pm »
I am getting the feeling that they moved the date for this again.  No fireworks, no marching bands, not even an emergency broadcast on the telly...  nothing!!  All those neighbors that I told to f*&^ off are still around too. 

Offline Raf

• Bald by choice
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2011, 08:00:38 pm »
No rapture, no "poof", and two annoying spams bots on the forum  :(

*sigh*

what a disappointing rapture day. I'll return to play on my PS3.
Dx: 05/14/2008
Latest HIV Meds combo I've been taking:

Kaletra + Combivir (since 05/16/2008 - 05/09/2019)
Acriptega (05/10/2019 - today)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 08:27:46 pm »
Hey people, dont get to comfortable! There is another "End of the World" scheduled for October 28  :o

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message803293/pg1
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline rondrond

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2011, 09:02:06 pm »
omgosh!

I woke up and now have the answer....

'the hereafter is an exact mirrored world of the one I left behind...

I mean everything is exactly the same...O.O

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2011, 09:22:40 pm »
No Rapture!

I want my cuddle blanket. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Andy Velez

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2011, 10:48:23 am »
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2011, 11:15:18 am »
Who's in charge? I demand to see the manager!
Andy Velez

Offline denb45

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2011, 11:35:18 am »

:D no chicken-wings or fast food for me, and no anonymous sex, since there is no Dam Rapture  :'(

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2011, 06:16:31 pm »
 ::)

This can be Harold Camping's new theme song :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPiUuGLOSkU&feature=player_embedded#!

Ray
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:22:20 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2011, 07:11:40 pm »

Heh,heh  ;D   Can't resist, just one more:

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/63687/detail/

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline denb45

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2011, 07:29:34 pm »

:D Ray I remember that song by  Doctor Demento   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Demento  not sure if any of the rest of you are old enough to recall this song  ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.