Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:27:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 355
Total: 358

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: In memory of Christine  (Read 32638 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
In memory of Christine
« on: October 16, 2008, 11:22:18 pm »
On the 17th of October 2007 we lost a beautiful member of this forum, she was well loved and respected by all who knew her, she fought long and hard but finally lost her battle, I ask that you all remember her today.

For christine who is now resting in peace.

Love always
Jan :'(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline MYSTERY

Re: In memory of Christine
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 03:13:48 am »
From reading some of the threads that Christine was apart of, I could tell that she was a special person. I am saddened that I never got to know Christine.

Rest in everlasting peace Christine, and my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.
Atheist don't believe in GOD, but GOD believes in them and loves them. Never let the failure of man conflict with your love of GOD.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 03:39:49 am »
Thank you Mystery,you would have loved her as much as we did, and thank you for your kind thoughts on this sad day.

Hugs to you
Jan :-*

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 04:21:22 pm »
I have been thinking about Christine all week long.  She was such a bright light in these Forums. 

Thank you for this thread, Jan.

God Bless Christine.

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 05:13:15 pm »
I have a special place in my heart for you Christine.

May you rest in peace.
Love

Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 03:29:26 pm »
I never really knew Christine, but I know, through everyone here, how special and precious she was.  As my tribute, I offer the following from Angelo Patri, he writes:

“In one sense there is no death.  The life of a soul on earth lasts beyond their departure.  You will always feel that life touching yours, that voice speaking to you, that spirit looking out of other eyes, talking to you in the familiar things they touched, worked with, loved as familiar friends. They live on in your life and in the lives of all others who knew them.”

Farewell Christine and may angels sing you to your rest.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 04:56:11 pm »
Dearest Joe

Thank you so much for that beautiful tribute, I know Christine will live on in the lives all those who knew her.

{{hugs}}
Jan

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 01:58:24 pm »
I saved Christine's last PM to me. I keep it to remember that she was here, real, and someone worth knowing. And that the world misses her light, even as the universe is made all the brighter for it.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline gemini20

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 05:31:06 pm »
I stopped by St Albans Cathedral this afternoon to light a candle for Ian but I was instinctively drawn to pick up two candles rather than one.

As I lit the second one, the thought came to my head that ‘this one’s for Christine’. I have no idea where that thought came from so I said a prayer for Christine and it was only when I got home and checked here that I realised it is the second anniversary of Christine’s passing tomorrow.

So wherever you are Christine, I heard you and a light is shining for you in a beautiful chapel.

Rest in Peace.

Emma
Diagnosed 11th September 1991
Current CD4 count 484 (26%); viral load undetectable (December 2011).
Restarting boosted Prezista 08/04/11

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 11:47:28 pm »
I stopped by St Albans Cathedral this afternoon to light a candle for Ian but I was instinctively drawn to pick up two candles rather than one.

As I lit the second one, the thought came to my head that ‘this one’s for Christine’. I have no idea where that thought came from so I said a prayer for Christine and it was only when I got home and checked here that I realised it is the second anniversary of Christine’s passing tomorrow.

So wherever you are Christine, I heard you and a light is shining for you in a beautiful chapel.

Rest in Peace.

Emma

That was really beautiful.

I never met Christine but it's clear how much she is missed.  I imagine she's healthy and happy on the other side.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 12:12:13 am »
GNY, Hi

Christine was one of our jewels here, she was indeed precious.

In memory of a beautiful lady

Offline Robert

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 02:04:02 am »

emma.

thank you.

robert

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 07:07:50 am »
It's hard to believe it has been two years. Christine so full of compassion. I miss you Christine.

Hal

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 04:06:15 pm »
God Bless you, Christine.

I can't believe its been two years already.  You were a special light to all of us here, and will always be remembered.

~  Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 04:27:43 am »
Christine always had an ear to lend to everyone.  Below is one of the PM's she sent me a few years back....  her PM's were always unexpected and as expected always supportive.  I miss her dearly...

If heaven does exist it was made a better place the day Christine walked through the gate.

Christine

If you need to talk..
« Sent to: skeebo1969 on: December 28, 2006, 09:56:51 am »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you need to talk, here is my email:
 (deleted for privacy)

Have a Happy New Year!
Christine
Report To Admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Traz

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline gemini20

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 06:16:24 pm »
Sunday was a beautiful autumn day in London and I was walking in Kensington Gardens and Christine came into my mind; I didn't realise until today that it was the 3rd anniversary of her passing yesterday.

So I just wanted to acknowledge her memory once again - I know she is still greatly missed by many members here.

Wherever your spirit maybe Christine I hope it knows you are not forgotten.

In love and light

Emma

Diagnosed 11th September 1991
Current CD4 count 484 (26%); viral load undetectable (December 2011).
Restarting boosted Prezista 08/04/11

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 06:42:14 pm »
Christine will always be missed by those who knew and loved her.

In sadness
Jan :-*

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 07:58:46 pm »
Thanks for bringing her to mind, Emma.

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 05:34:07 pm »
I know you hold my hand to guide me....

xxx Hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 04:25:46 pm »
Dearest Christine

Four years ago on the 17th of October 2007 you left us, but you memory is still very much with us.

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, but love leaves a memory no one can steal"

In sadness

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 08:52:48 am »
Four years of missing you, Christine. :(

Whenever I think of you, I think of the photos of you at Disneyland, posing next to Minnie Mouse. You were so happy to have been able to make that trip - and I'm glad you got to go. I'll never forget the smile on your face.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Teresa

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 03:10:39 pm »
RIP Dearest Christine...I think of you often!

Teresa :'(
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 11:45:19 am »
Gone, but certainly not forgotten....

Rest In Peace Christine    :'(
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline camille07

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 05:57:30 pm »
It's so hard to believe that 4 years have passed.  I too remember the pictures from disney or the amazing love she had for her dogs. She is surely not forgotten from my heart.

Rest in Peace Christine

Camms

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.