Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:33:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 433
Total: 433

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: there can be no other explanation  (Read 16500 times)

Offline vrider

there can be no other explanation
« on: November 05, 2007, 07:30:15 am »
Hi guys,

I have been reading tons and tons of the posts on this site now. I have been on all the forums, and have been going through pretty much the biggest roller coaster of my life.

Couldn't sleep again last night.

I'm going to present you my situations and I really feel that I'm going to be the exception here:

Risk:
1. Met a girl in Hong Kong for casual sex (thought she may have been a post op transexual the next morning)
2. Had an open sore in my mouth (on my gum above my tooth from gingivitus)
3. Performed minimal oral sex on her
4. She performed some oral sex on me
5. Had protected sex with an asian condom --- it was a bit too small. I went semi - flaccid during intercourse, but intercourse still continued. No ejaculation, pulled out, checked the condom and it was still intact. Did not recognize any breakage.

Symptoms:
1. Came on 35 days after the event.
2. Low grade fever 4 times in 10 days
3. 1 Papular lesion noticable on the first day - center was bleeding
4. Diarrhea on the first day
5. Over the course of the next 10 days, there was intermittent fatique, malaise, and weakness.

These were real symptoms because I was not on here reading about symptoms at the time.

Now (almost 2 months after my symptomsI have what seems to be 2 things:
1. Post viral cough
2. Post viral peripheral neuropathy -  this is really weird. When I crack my knuckles now or when I should have normal back pain in the morning or sitting too long ---- there is a lack of pain. It's almost like I'm on advil.

I keep reading everywhere that the risks are theoretical and it is 1/2000 chance to even catch it from a woman UNPROTECTED.

What could these symptoms possibly be other than this. The timing is just too coincidental.

I'm a complete mess. Of course I'm going to test, but I don't know how I could handle a + result.

Please respond. I'm sitting here by my computer waiting.

Thanks again.

Offline vrider

Re: there can be no other explanation
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:06:32 am »
I also experienced myalgia in that 10 days. Intermittent.

In addition, there was some peeling of hands afterwards, and a fungal or yeast infection in my groin area.

I think that's it. Enough symptoms?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:12:25 am »
Pumpkin, nearly every single one of you folks that posts in here feels "99.9% certain" that he's become infected and that there "can be no other explanation".

And about 99.9% of the time, there isn't a legitimate risk described in the scenario.

That seems to be the case here as well.

Protected intercourse is protected intercourse.   It doesn't matter how many symptoms you can think to come up with and list, as we always say on here:  symptoms mean nothing when it comes to HIV.  Anyone may or may not have any number of symptoms, so forget about all that. 

We cannot and will not attempt to diagnose anyone over the internet.  If you are having health issues, go see a doctor.

But from what you describe, there does not seem to be any risk for HIV from your situation.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline vrider

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 08:32:58 am »
Hi Thunter,

Thanks so much for getting back to me so soon.

I really a mess right now. Don't know where to turn. I'm doing everyhting possible to hide the way I feel to my friends and family.

I just really want to emphasize that I was not looking for symptoms at the time when they occurred. When it happened, I was just kind of like, man I feel like hell. What's going on with me. I still went about my daily activities, and then they went away in around 10 days.

Now my joints and muscles are really scaring me to death. I just dont feel normal pain. When I crack my knuckes I normally would feel some pain if I cracked to much, now it's TOTALLY PAIN FREE. If I sit for too long, or sleep funny, I would always get neck or back pain. NOW NOTHING.

I keep going over the night in my head again and again, and I definatley wore a condom.

What scares me is the fact that I became flaccid during intercourse. I continued for several minutes before it became useless. I was drunk so was unable to maintain an erection. When I withrew, I checked the condom and it was definatley still intact. I would have noticed of course if it weren't. In addition, I check the tip, and do not remember any catastrophic breakage.

So then I get to the heavy kissing with a mouth sore, and light connulingus. Performed connilingus for probably around 3 minutes, and it was light.

I'm so scared right now... Too afraid to test as if the result is + I will totally crack.

Thanks again so much for all your help.

Offline vrider

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 08:36:42 am »
Forgot to mention....she was also trying to finger my but which she did several times. I have anal warts or hemehroids. I was diagnosed with HPV around 4 years ago. I have been free of the warts though for years.

Thanks.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 08:48:05 am »
The bottom line in all of this is that you used a condom. You had protected intercourse. Condoms, even ones which don't feel comfortable, still provide very effective protection. The other activities did not put you at risk for transmission.

Whatever is causing your symptoms has nothing to do with HIV. If they persist you should discuss them with a doctor.

This is not an HIV situation despite what your mind is telling you to the contrary. There's no need for HIV testing. Period.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline vrider

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 09:09:01 am »
Hey Andy,

Thanks for posting. Your comment definately puts me at ease slightly, but I can't get past it.

35 days after I just happen to come down with a random virus like CMV, Mono. It just seems too coincidental.

Also, the flaccid penis. I remember it going on for a long time and going --- is the condom still on? Then I pulled out and it was. I assume if it came off, it would be off and that would be it.

Also, breakage, I would know this right? THe hole front would rupture, but what if because I was flaccid I did not notice?

These symptoms are scaring the living daylights out of me. I don't know if I'll be able to go on.

Also, the lack of pain --- classic symptom of peripheral neuropathy.

I swear. I not normally this pannicked about things. I'm not the guy going I scraped my shin today. Can I get HIV? My situation was a bit scarey. Potentially high risk partner, and undisputable symptoms 35 days after.

Thanks again so much.

Offline vrider

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 09:12:31 am »
How often have you come accross someone with the same exact symptoms in the same time frame, and have it not be HIV?

99 percent of the posts I read have some flu symptoms, but not the extent of what I had. Really weird. Major pain in my right heel one day. Significant and strange myalgia in my joints, weakness in my legs, and low grade fever every few days. Would have the fever for a day, and then it would be gone, then 2 days later, it would come back.

Thanks.

Offline vrider

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 09:30:44 am »
Andy /Thunter,

Please. I'm sitting here by the computer just hitting refresh waiting for a reply.

What else could it be? Just too coincidental. Have you heard of an exact situation. Flaccid penis, etc etc...

I can't test. If I'm diagnosed I'll crack. Won't be able to hide anything. All of my friends will know and I'll sink.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 09:42:00 am »
No, it is not JUST TOO COINCIDENTAL. You're listening to your fears but not to what we've been saying to you. There is absolutely nothing HIV specific about what you're reporting. But that's not surprising since you weren't at risk no matter what your mind says to the contrary.

And lay off all of the bathos about how you'll "crack" and that kind of drama. Really. As the immortal Cher said in "Moonstruck," "snap out of it!" Really.

Go see a doctor about your symptoms. This is NOT an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline vrider

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 09:55:39 am »
What if the condom was defective? I remember it being very tight. Maybe the latex was stretched too much. It was a no-name asian condom with no reservoir tip.

Open sore, connulingus, her hygiene was not great either. Local Chinese (likely TS) girl.

With all these factors, it seems the easiest conclusion is usually the right one.

I wish your words were all I needed. Even Cher couldn't make me snap out of it right now.

I'm sitting here thinking aobut trying to prepare for the positive result. Trying to come up with a gameplan on how to handle it and how to redirect my life.

Thanks again so much for your reply. I know you are like --- these people on these threads are ridiculous, but you have to admit, my scenario is not ridiculous, I really have a legitmate reason to be this concerned.

What other conditions would cause these symptoms? --- also with the post viral symptoms such as the lack of pain. This is real Andy, I'm not imagining this. I'm in my mid 30's, college graduate, and normally not nit picky about things that are going on with my body.

Do you have an example that I can hold on to?

Thanks again. Really.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 10:18:35 am »
Go ahead and pile on your what ifs and speculations.

Nothing is going to change my opinion that this is not an HIV situation. Really.

And if you decide to test at 6 or 13 weeks you're going to collect negative results is my firm expectation.
Andy Velez

Offline vrider

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 11:11:32 am »
Hi Andy,

Thanks again so much for replying again.

Hard to say about the breakage. I didn't ejaculate. Now I'm worried I may not have noticed. The condom also didn't cover the entire shaft, By the end it was half way or so.

I really appreciate the reassurance. I guess this will give me some hope when testing, but I've already resorted to the fact I'm positive. Just too many symptoms, timing is too close, and now the residual neuropathy.

I guess I like posting right now because so many people come on here convinced they have it like me, and then it turns out they actually don't.

I'm really praying for mono / cmv, or some sort of aseptic meningitis. This is pretty much all that would clear me. I got vaccinated for hep a and b a few years ago, so these are likely out.

I was really really stressed out after this experience for a good few days. It was a tramatic experience. I am hoping that during that month, my depression and level of regret have contribute to me developing these symptoms by catching something.

I was in Hong Kong / China, then came home for the month, then travelled again in the US. It was during the second trip and later that week when I got home when these symptoms occurred.

I'm just hoping the 35 day perious puts me enough outside the window. You mention average of 22 days. This is one thing that give me a shread of hope.

Other than that. I really hope to report good results, and I can say you told me so.

I just can't get past these symptoms. I don't get sick often at all. Haven't had the flu in years and years, and this was during the summer which makes it really unlikely.

I keep going back to the condom then. Did it break? Would I not notice because I was soft? Was it defective because it was a no name Chinese brand?

Again, the fact that you reply is getting me through the day. Thanks again so much for your service. It's really making a difference.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 11:26:54 am »
For what it's worth, all but a handful of the worrieds -- and I'm talking of a handful out of thousands --  all those thousands have ended up testing negative. And those worried thousands were no less frenzied than you are.  And those very few who did test positive were all situations in which they had not used condoms for intercourse.

I have to tell you I will not be able to answer each of your entries. Re-read what's already been said. We haven't missed anything.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:29:38 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline vrider

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 11:42:24 am »
Andy,

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Going to sign off and try to actually work a bit today. Going to be really hard.

I'm planning on testing this week. It is going to be the single most frightening experience of my life. I'm trying to figure out if I should do the rapid oral or do the 2-3 day thing. If it's a few days, I can call in for the results in a place where I'm ready.

I thought I was being safe. I made sure I used a condom. She said she didn't have one at first, then looked after I asked and found one. I'm going over it again and again and again and there is no catastrophic event I can remember --- falling off or breakage. Just so scared that maybe the softness concealed the fact that it broke. I think I remember it getting dry, but we stopped shortly thereafter.

I can't believe the position I put myself in. I feel so stupid. I'm just venting right now. I hope this is ok. It seems crazy that I might be the one guy who had this experience and had some defective condom and actually caught it. Tons of people have unprotected sex with people they find out to be knowingly HIV + and still never contract. The odds seem low, but everything symptom-wise is perfectly aligned.

This will certainly be my last casual sex episode. There have only been a couple in my life, and I feel like my luck is absolutely horrendous.

Thanks again Andy. I will be checking back today periodically. I would really look forward to any other posts/reassurances from you or any of the moderators. These symptoms are definately viral and nerual. The timing. The timing.....It's killing me.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 12:00:56 pm »
The rapid test will give you a reliable result.

Stay productively busy. If you use even a fraction of the energy that you're expending on worrying you will be amazed at the difference it can make in how you feel.
Andy Velez

Offline vrider

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 02:11:05 pm »
Hey,

Me again. Thanks for listening.

Of course I've been searchign and trying to find the source of my neuropathy. This is really frighentening. I truly have a strange diminished pain in all of my joints. I've read this is a response to ARS.

It's about 2 months after the symptoms and it had become noticable about 2 weeks ago. I also have had a post viral cough.

I know you are not changing your stance (of course which is keeping me 25% sane), but everything is checking out. I normally don't get sick, never had any of these symptoms before --- even remotely.

Have you seen a case with a symptom like this where they were negative? Is this sign something you have commonly seen with someone positive?

I'm a total mess right now. How can I not be. There are seemingly very few things it can be, and most of them are "caused" by ARS.

The open mouth sore and the brief connulingis? Heavy Kissing, small Asian no-name condom. Have you heard stuff like this before and everything turn out ok?

I have to hope this --- I caught mono from her and the incubation period falls in this 35 day time frame. It could be EBV or CMV as well. But again, ARS causes these. I also didn't have a sore throat which is classic mono.

The condom definately was not dangling or shredded, so this is can be pretty certain of. I didn't ejaculate though so I don't know for sure since I couldn't tell if liquid was staying inside.

I'm truly in a living hell. There is no other way to describe this.

Offline vrider

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 04:22:41 pm »
Hey,

I can't work right now. I'm too scared and I'm having obssesive thoughts about my life.

My joints feel weird, and I'm looking toward tomorrow as doomsday. These symptoms, these symptoms, the timing, and the timing of the considered risk. I feel like the neuropathy is getting worse.

It will be virtually impossible for me to hide my feelings. My friends will know something is wrong with me. What do I do?

Any response is appreciated. Thanks again.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 04:52:47 pm »
Look,

Whatever is making you ill, it ain't HIV kid. If you're feeling sick, go and see a doctor. You had protected sex and that means you won't have contracted HIV.

You should know that you won't be permitted to use this forum to wring your hands obsessively about non-risk situations. If you haven't already, take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with our posting guidelines, in particular the section which states:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

We are not a counseling operation and we cannot provide you with the support that you need.

MtD

Offline vrider

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 05:49:29 pm »
Hi Andy,

Me again...

First. Thanks for all your help this week. It has been helping me cope a bit.

I just went to get tested today and will have the results on Friday. Of course, this hasn't eased my pain. I know how certain everyone is about my chances at this point, but a couple of last questions:

There was a chance as I had mentioned before that this girl was a post op T/S. Are her vaginal secretions normal or would there be less of a chance?

As I mentioned before, I had a small open sore on my gums, and perfomed oral sex, but it was not vigourous.

Also, what are the odds of ARS occurring at 35 days. Is this pretty rare? This is one other thing that is giving me slight hope.

Ok. I think that's it. Thanks again for your comments, and wish me luck this week. I'm going to need it with all of my symptoms.

Thanks again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 06:42:16 pm »
At this point I am unwilling to get into more of these what ifs and details with you, however frustrating that maybe for you.

I will simply repeat what I have said before as have others: I expect you to test negative.

You have a few more days of waiting. Get busy with other stuff. NOW.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline vrider

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 03:50:45 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of awaiting my results and I'm still so petrified.

I have found many sites that say oral sex is a risk. I had a open sore on my gum. I am massively concerned about this. Also, it just kills me, 1/2000 chance for vaginal sex without a condom. I don't think it broke, but she seems to use a lot of lubricant, and my penis was not fully erect. The condom became very tight and dry. It was small to begin with.

I'm also curious about the possible transmission rate if this girl was actually a transexual (which I came to believe the morning after). Do vaginal fluids manifest themselved in the same way. have you ever heard about anything like this.

Anyway, If it weren't for the multitude of symptoms, I would probably have never even tested. Didn't think I was at risk.

I'm almost there. Just so scared. This forum is one place that I can at least vent some of my fears and I really appreciate your help on this.

It the intermittent low grade fever, rash, myalgia, weakness, diarrrhea, and neuropathy symptoms (this one especially) that are freaking me out. I've be scouring the web looking for many cases that turned negative with the same symptoms, but these are not really found. Usually, the symptoms are a few of these, but not all.

I'm limiting myself to one post a day until Friday when I get the results. I hope you can help me until then.

Thanks so much for putting up with me. I'm a wreck. Any consolation is appreicated.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 04:05:19 pm »
I have found many sites that say oral sex is a risk. I had a open sore on my gum. I am massively concerned about this. Also, it just kills me, 1/2000 chance for vaginal sex without a condom. I don't think it broke, but she seems to use a lot of lubricant, and my penis was not fully erect. The condom became very tight and dry. It was small to begin with.

I'm also curious about the possible transmission rate if this girl was actually a transexual (which I came to believe the morning after). Do vaginal fluids manifest themselved in the same way. have you ever heard about anything like this.

OK.  As sweet as we all are, this really needs to stop. 

1.  If you hunt long enough, you can find many sites on the net that will tell you anything you'd like to hear.

2.  Numbers, schmumbers...those "statistics" are pulled out of a hat and all but useless.  Statistics mean nothing here.  Behavior does.  And your incident was described as a non-risk long ago in this thread.

3.  We're not going there with this transexual business.

4.  As you have been told before, this is not  a counseling operation.  We wish you the best, but if you want to feel better:  Get off the darn internet already and find something else to do to take your mind off this while waiting for your negative result back.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline vrider

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 04:18:07 pm »
Thanks. The wait is now killing me. I was too scared to take the 30 minute oral. I ended up going to a doc. They tested me for a bunch of stuff.

Appreciate your help again. I hate the internet. It's become an obsession, but yet my only place of refuge.

Offline vrider

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 11:25:53 am »
Hi again guys,

One more day. I'm at my full freaking out period.

I read that there is a greater chance of transmission in post op T/S. The sex became very dry and I really hope the condom didn't break. I thought I checked at the end, but I didn't fill it up with water or anything. It says there are no mucous membranses to provide lubrication and the wall are more easily transmissable.

I hope you can tolerate me for one more day. I'm a complete mess, and I appreciate your help and kind words.

These symptoms and timing are absolutely killing me.
I am fully convinced that I'm the one guy on here that is not going to come back and say I'm Negative!!!!

I really think this girl gave it to me. I'm so screwed.

Andy, Thunter -- have you ever come accross a situation like this. I drunk guy hooks up with a hot asian T/S --- realizes in the morning. Then catches it.

My oral sore and heavy kissing. It's just going on in my head over and over and over.

This will likely be one of my last posts. Any words would be helpful.

Thanks again so much.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 11:31:20 am »
*Sigh*  The lack of natural lubrication would put the trans female more at risk of getting from YOU - not the other way around. 

Enough is ENOUGH.  This "terrible wait" is your own darn fault.  You could have had a quick test, but you opted not to...because you were too chicken to do so. 

That does NOT put the burden on us to hold your hand through the entire waiting period.

Get off the computer already.  You have a bigger mental health issue than any HIV one.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline vrider

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 09:27:33 am »
Hey Andy / Thunter,

I just got my results ---- NEGATIVE!

I can't you guys enough for helping out, and I know you are going to say you told me so.

It seems that it ended up being herpes, but I had no signs of blisters.

I can't express enough how important it was for me to be able to post on your site and have your help. I had no where to turn, and everything was bottled up inside. This was the only place I could express my fears and vent.

Again. Thanks.

I will say this. This thread is a good read for anyone who has all the tell tale signs and still will test negative.

For all those reading and worried, look at my past posts and you will see both the extend of my symptoms and the extent of my risk in detail.

I was drunk, and was definately not as careful as I should have been.

I literally have made myself sick the past 3 weeks. I was obsessed with going online, diagnosing myself, and looking at every symptom. Again, all of my symptoms happened way before I went online, so any of you who are experiencing symptoms and poking your lymphnodes, it is likely due to stress.

In any event, good luck, and listen to the moderators here because you can't diagnose yourself, and they have way more experience in truly knowing who really might and won't get infected.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 11:39:00 am »
So much for "no other explanation."

Congratulations on that happy test result.

Get on with your life and make sure you keep fresh condoms handy for intercourse and use one everytime.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 12:22:22 pm »
I can't you guys enough for helping out, and I know you are going to say you told me so.

We told you so.   ::)

Congratulations.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline vrider

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2007, 08:03:30 pm »
Hi Guys,

I can't believe I'm back on here but I have a couple of questions. I have kept this post with the same thread so you can easily refer back to my situation.

As you know I got tested at 13 weeks (and 3 days to be exact). For the past month I have forgotten about this and moved on. Then last week, I noticed my mouth has a stange white / yellowish coating. I have never had this before. It is also a bit tender, and my mouth is a bit dry.

I'm going back to the doctor again for a follow up already, but I wanted to know if I should be concerned. It looks like hairy leukoplakia to me. Would a symptom such as this manifest itself at this time?

One more question --- I mentioned that I had flu-like symptoms about 35 days after exposure. Since I experienced symptoms, would antibodies be detectable as early as that time? Could severe stress delay the 3 month window period?

Do I need to be restested? And is it possible my test did not catch HIV2. Should I be tested for that considering my experience was in Asia?

Thanks again for all your help, and I hope you are doing well.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 08:08:53 pm »
You have a conclusive negative result. You don't have HIV. If you can't accept your result seek the help of a mental health professional so see WHY.

Offline vrider

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 06:54:23 pm »
Hi Andy / Thunter,

I hope everything is going well. I have a couple of questions. I think you might remember me. I had truly moved on with my life after my negative 13 week test last month.

Last week, I developed a hairy tongue primarily on the top. Went to the doctor and he really couldn't say if it was geographic tongue or OHL.

I have never had anything like this before, and now 4 months after exposure it pops up.

Questions:

1. Is it possible that my 3 month was incorrect, and I should test again?
2. Is it possible that major stress can delay antibody production?
3. If one experiences ARS symptoms does, how many days after that process would antibodies be produced. (I experienced symptoms 35-45 days post exposure)

I'm a wreck again. It's not like a just caught a cold. I have this weird white hairy tongue and from everything I read it's a sign, no one I know including myself has ever had something like this before.

Should I be concerned and test again at 6 months, or is 13 weeks (Elisa HIV1 and 2) completely and without a doubt enough time to be sure.

I know you hate people like me discussing symptoms, but this one is just too weird and I'm scared to death again. It just seems too coincidental.

Thanks again so much for your help.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 06:58:35 pm »
I'm sure since you didn't pay attention you be getting your T.O.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 07:29:17 pm »
v,

See your doctor about your physical problems. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv. Yes, if your illness was seroconversion, you would have tested positive when you tested at the end of the window period. That was never going to happen over your encounter anyway as you did nothing to put yourself at risk for hiv.

You ARE hiv negative.

Please familiarise yourself with our forum posting guidelines found in the Welcome Thread, particularly the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

edited because my keyboard and I are fighting tonight :-\
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 07:36:28 pm by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline vrider

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2007, 09:36:30 pm »
Hey guys,

Once again. Thanks again so much for your help. I really appreciate your helping me through this time.
I'm really sorry to ask a couple of more questions, but I hope you can help me.

I really feel like a nutcase here, but my white tongue serves as a constant reminder to me. I've never had anything like this before. I've been trying to put everything behind me --- really --- but this is really scaring me to death.

Questions:
1. Is a test at 6 months necessary?
2. Can extreme stress after the incident cause a delay in seroconversion.
3. Would a white tongue possibly occurr 4 months after infection, and be due to hiv?

Thanks again for your help. I will be trying extremely hard to stay off these forums from now on, but need to figure out how to move on. I keep reading 6 months to be absolutely sure. If it weren't for these multiple symptoms, I would have never posted or been on here to begin with.

Thanks.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2007, 09:40:38 pm »
Clearly you don't read the reams of advice that we have given you. If you simply refuse to read what we write then I fail to see how we can help you.

I'm flicking this to a Moderator for review.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2007, 10:07:46 pm »
v,

You've already been warned about posting here to question your conclusive negative test result over a NO RISK incident.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about - that should help you move on or at least encourage you to find a therapist. Do not create a new account to get around your time out or you will be permanently banned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.