Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:54:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 236
Total: 237

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is it okay to not disclose your status if you're just going to give a blow job?  (Read 43051 times)

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
I've read Ann's and Andy's posts, and they basically say that there is no report of HIV infection when an HIV person gives a blow job to a negative person.

I just tested positive and still struggling about the disclosure thing. My primary attitude has been to disclose right away, whatever happens, but this has scared people that just wanted me to give them a bj. Would I seriously put people at risk if I was giving them a bj and not disclosing my status?

Milker
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
At risk for what? Gonnorrhea and chlamydia, even syphilis, if you have thos ebugs in your throat. But not HIV. However, in the States, there may be legal repercussions for non disclosure, regardless of the quantifiable risk.

You do NOT get HIV from getting a BJ, though.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero

Why would you want to give someone a blowjob who isn't okay that you have HIV?  I'm not sure they deserve it.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
otherplaces YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D
nov 2 08 start Atripla

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
Beyond the obvious, which is that it is impossible to pass HIV by giving head, there is another consideration to keep in mind regarding disclosure and "limits": Occasionally the heat of the moment turns events into more than was expected (or negotiated) ahead of time.

There was a time in my life (mid-thirties) when I was going through various rather "kinky" phases, among them was my fist phase, my vagrant phase and, more pertinently to this discussion, my trade phase. The straighter a guy claimed to be, the more I was attracted to him. I set myself up with several challenging situations, some of which involved risk for grave bodily harm, all for the pursuit of blowing an impossible guy. My success rate was pretty good, and I never was threatened.

But I'd find that, on occasion, these "straight" guys were as interested in exploring some boundaries with me as I was in swallowing their dicks. This "bonus feature" never figured into the original conversation, but occasionally went to great extremes.

As I was unaware of my status at the time disclosure wasn't an issue. But as I read your post, an honest-to-gawd memory came back, with his final words to me as he left my apartment being: "All I wanted was a blowjob. I wasn't expecting you to fist me."  ;D

Brent
(Who can be surprisingly assertive)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Zanarkand

• All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Hahahaha otherplaces you rock! ^_^
All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
Newbie here, i would not disclose before giving a head to anyone... it makes no sense (here there is no penalty for not telling your status... God bless latin america!!). In my case i just worry about this std's stuff... condoms don't taste good... so does anyone knows another way of protection? listerine afterwards or anything like that?

I would think you need to know them a bit more or viceversa so they are not going to be afraid when you disclose... plus, don't say only "i'm hiv poz" educate them a bit too... it is amazing the high amount of people who knows almost nothing about aids. Hugs, JC

13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline jimw

Milker, if a guy has his dick stuck through a hole in the wall in a video booth I don't think you have to whisper to him "Hea, I'm positive" before you go down on him!!!  jim

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
Milker, if a guy has his dick stuck through a hole in the wall in a video booth I don't think you have to whisper to him "Hea, I'm positive" before you go down on him!!!  jim
ROFL  :D :D :D :D
nov 2 08 start Atripla

Offline NewYorkKat

• Hangin' On Staying Strong
You should tell your partner about your status. There are other things that you need to fear. If rejection is your worry think of the nasty can of worms you might open if you don't reveal your status. If your partner doesn't care, that his choice and his risk (though it is very low to contract it that way but think of the other STIs and Viral infections out there: Hep a-b-c, herpes, etc).

One story: An old friend whose ex-lover was HIV positive gave a BJ to a guy  and a few months later, the guy found out he was poz. He confronted my friend's ex lover and asked if he could prove he wasn't positive. He tried to convince the guy he blew he didn't;t give it to him but he wasn't having that excuse. All he asked was if he was poz and of course my friend's ex didn't know what to do. 2 weeks later my friend's ex was killed.

So, to "cover your ass" (should have been done in the first place), tell your partner about your status. I mean wouldn't that be fair. Would be great if the persons who infected us told us about their status (if they knew about it).

Something to think about.

Still not sure? USE A CONDOM! Even if you don't like the way they taste! Remember, the taste of a condom is temporary.

Offline Jake72

Still not sure? USE A CONDOM! Even if you don't like the way they taste! Remember, the taste of a condom is temporary.

Well, using that logic, are we bound to disclose our status even if all we do is deep kiss/French kiss, since there is a "theoretical possibility" (however slight) that we might infect others?  Or, for that matter, should we disclose our status whenever we get into a car or bus with someone, since we could possibly be in an accident, be thrown together, and have blood come into contact with blood?

Here's an assessment of the risks involved with deep kissing and oral sex:

http://www.aidswindsor.com/safe_oral1.php

It appears that the risk to someone receiving oral sex is negligible, so it'd be very, very unlikely to pass the virus if you gave a blowjob/cunnilingus.  However (and I may get flak for this, but it's the real world), if you do disclose your status, real harm could be done to you.  The person could tell others (friends, family, possibly employers) about your status or could threaten you with blackmail (saying "I'll tell the courts you had unprotected vaginal/anal sex with me if you don't give me, say, $10000."  You'd be unable to prove that you did or didn't disclose or that you did/didn't have sex, so you'd be in for an embarrassing, stressful court case at the very least). 

While I do think that disclosure for anal/vaginal sex is essential, for deep kissing or oral sex I'm not too sure...   
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:20:42 am by Jake72 »

Offline NewYorkKat

well even if you would get into an accident, you would have to disclose it to a medical professional who is treating you including an EMT worker. (They do ask if you have anything they should or need to know).

Disclose your status in certain situations including sex regardless if it safe or not. In fact, you don't want to disclose, use protection. That's all. Save yourself the embarrassment.  It would prove that you want to be safe and you should be.

In most cases, revealing your status to the partner, he would appreciate it.

Also I understand about who you tell. You don't have to tell EVERYONE but the selected who need to know or you would like to tell. But remember, when you have sex withsome and don;t tell them, you put yourself and them at risk for ANYTHING!

Also blackmail is illegal. You can go tot your local police and tell them you are being blackmailed. They tried it to me a few years ago.

Offline Jake72

well even if you would get into an accident, you would have to disclose it to a medical professional who is treating you including an EMT worker. (They do ask if you have anything they should or need to know).

Not to derail the thread, but EMT workers should be taking universal precautions, so it shouldn't matter whether or not you can or do disclose.   

Also blackmail is illegal. You can go tot your local police and tell them you are being blackmailed. They tried it to me a few years ago.

You've just proven what can happen if the wrong people find out about our status.  And blackmail may be illegal, but, again, proving to the police that you're being blackmailed can be tricky especially since the blackmailer usually doesn't make his/her demands in writing and we're usually not using secret tape recorders when the demands are made (even if we are, secretly taping someone may or may not be legal). 

Bottom line: be careful in all regards for the sake of the other person and for yourself.

Offline NewYorkKat

I was HIV Negative at that time when that blackmail incident happened. The local authorities asked that I file a report and I did. I told my "friend" that I reported him and he quickly dropped the blackmail charge after I told him what kind of repercussions would happen.

Just be selective about who you tell your status to and PLAY SAFE! simple as that.

as for EMT workers, they do ask! It's medical information they need to know. My brother is a EMT worker. He said they ask for medicenes you take or any previous illness or current illness. They have to take universal precautions but its also to see what kind of treatments you will need when you arive to the emergency room. They inform the doctors right away. If the EMT workers don't ask, the doctor's do.

Offline Jake72

Point well taken regarding medicines, but if the accident leaves you unconscious, then you 'can't' disclose anything. 

I'm glad that you managed to get out of that blackmail situation relatively unscathed, but it does go to show that  there are nasty people to watch out for, regardless of our status.

And I can't argue with your advice to be selective about disclosure.  There, I've said what I have to say, so I'll shut up now  ;D

Offline pax

I think a lot of it is up to you. I think it also depends if this is in the context of a relationship or a hook up. Disclosing the wrong person find out about your status can cause lots of problems. It's really a balancing act between safety and comfort levels.

For me: I tend not to disclose outside of relationships, favoring protection instead. However, I don't use condoms for giving/receiving oral unless he wants to... but if he asks I always go along with it. Also, if he asks me my hiv status I am honest about it (provided I don't think he'll be a threat to my well being).

Also make sure that you know the disclosure laws in your area.

Offline knighttwin

Hi ,
 I feel that anyone that is HIV+ need to disclose there status for any sex act done to others. So you will feel better on not hiding it and have safe sex is fun too.  I know that I had safe sex all my life and after I gave a guy a blow job , and I had bad teeth and then the guy did not disclose the fact that he was HIV after the next date.  I went to get tested and it was Neg. and then after 3 mo. I because HIV+. So I feel it can happen so be safe then sorry . I have been living with HIV for 10 years now and had my up and downs on Meds.

Safe is better

Offline Falkore

One thing that I wanted to mention about possible medical persons needing to know your status.  It's true that they should all be using universal precautions, but it is also true that if you are on meds, you don't want to miss a dose while unable to communication for any reason.  In my wallet, along with my drivers license I also have a slip of paper that says, "Emergency Info" that includes my blood type, medications, status, (along with the fact my family is unaware of my status in the hopes they will not share) and my family's phone numbers in case I am unable to tell them who to call.  That way, no matter what (baring my wallet jumping out of my pocket), I will be able to let them know how to best care for me.  The last thing I want is to wake up 3 weeks later in a hospital bed and realize I've not been on any meds and I'm now resistant to the best thing that has happened to me since testing positive (Atripla). 
"Ain't no shame in my flame"
Date:          CD4:     VL:
10/02/05     568       2,070
11/18/05     541       2,970
02/17/06     442       4,720
04/17/06     510       1,100
07/12/06     391       3,050
Start Atripla
09/22/06     595       Undet.
01/18/07     562       Undet.
05/25/07     540       Undet.
09/26/07     531       Undet.

Offline NYCguy

I pretty much agree with Pax that it's a balancing act and frankly, if you're in an anoymous type situation - either bathhouse, online hookup or just met on the street, there's a certain understanding of 'each man for himself'. In other words, if you're not using protection in those settings, shame on you, not on me for not disclosing.  I'm not advocating going around not using protection!! Just saying that in those situations everyone should assume that everyone else IS positive and you should not necessarily feel obilgated to point it out.  Plus, even in NYC it's a small gay world and frankly telling Mr. X you met online you're poz might just mean that suddenly all your friends know.  My boyfriend and I have been considering a 3some with someone we both know and one of the reasons we haven't, is because we don't want to do it with him without disclosing, but also don't want to disclose since he knows our friends.  It's tricky...

I suppose the blackmail thing and lawsuits could happen, but I think for most people, at least in a big city, it seems fairly unlikely.
11/9/06 = #$%^&!
sometime early Dec 2006:
CD4 530 20%/VL >250,000 (&*$$%!!)
started Reyataz300mg/Norvir/Truvada 12-27-06.
1/30/07 CD4 540 30%/VL <400
4/07 CD4 600+ 33%/VL <50
6/9/07 CD4 720 37%/VL <50
10/15/07 CD4 891 (!) %? VL <50
1/2010 CD4 599 (37%) VL<50 (drop due to acute HCV)
9/2010 - looks like HCV is gone for good! And I'm finally drinking again, thank GOD
2013 - considering a switch to Stribild. but I love my Kidneys (but I hate farting all the time!)...
June 2013 - switched to Stribild.  so far so good...

Offline newbernswiss

Beyond the obvious, which is that it is impossible to pass HIV by giving head,

BUCKO, First start thinking with the BIG HEAD on your shoulders and not the LITTLE HEAD between your legs. It is not imposstible to pass HIV by giving head if the giver has cuts, sores, bleeding gums in their mouth. Yes we would like to think that we can have unprotected sex and not get HIV or other STD's but case in point we are not immune. I lived it up when I was younger and now I paying the pharmacy and my doctor to keep me alive. My advice, If you have HIV disclose, don't put anyone else through this disease. The risk is not worth a few squirts of pleasure.

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
The worst thing other than having hiv is trying hard not to catch any other std's.  bj or no, you should worry what you may get without protection. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline 404error

In Canada if you wear a condom for vaginal/anal sex, you have done all within your power to lessen the risk of transmission and in the eyes of the law there is nothing more you could have done, thus you have no legal obligation to disclose.  As far as oral sex goes, since the rate of transmission is less you have no legal obligation to disclose your status whether you are on the giving or receiving end of head. 

That takes care of legal obligations, moral ones however are an entirely different story...
A social critic who promotes equality...

Offline buca45

I am with NYCGUY on this subject.
Assume everyone you come into contact with is positive and take steps to protect yourself.
It IS every man for himself in the world of anonymous sex.
If I decide I want to give some man oral and they dont insist on using a condom, I assume he wants to take that chance and thats the end of the story.
Of all the (well i want to say Thousands of men I've given oral to) men who receive what I offer over the years, only two have insisted on wearing a condom and I obliged. I should add I have no dental problems or sores in my mouth when I do give.
If I did have a sore or open cut in my mouth, I take the responsibility of not having any contact at all. I do not want to put anyone else in danger...but again, its every man for himself.....
In giving, I realize that I too am putting myself at risk....not for HIV but for other STDs.....but thats the risk I am willing to take. 
Thirty years into being infatuated with sucking dick, I have never once caught any STD.....well, yes, I did catch the big one, but that was through unprotected anal......my mistake. In all the anonymous contacts I have had, only one man told me he was positive (and didnt do so until I was on my knees and his pants were down. I did suck him off, but he pulled out and shot on the ground and not in my mouth.
So short answer long, IMO, there is no need to disclose your status.
One more thought, if asked before you do the deed, definately tell your partner your status and take it from there. 
"Love and Laughter and Happiness Ever After"

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Is it okay to not disclose your status if you're just going to give a blow j
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2007, 06:49:16 pm »
If I did have a sore or open cut in my mouth, I take the responsibility of not having any contact at all. I do not want to put anyone else in danger...but again, its every man for himself.....

For the record, HIV cannot be transmitted from receptive to insertive partner during an unprotected blowjob irrespective of the presence of sores or open cuts in the givers mouth.

MtD

Offline buca45

Matty, I respect your stand on this issue, but this is how I feel and how I conduct my business.
I was told not long ago by my doc not to even take that chance (I was going through some periodontal problems at the time) and it just stuck in my head. The possibility of me having a bloody mouth, sucking someones dick  and putting someone else in danger is not a thing i want to do.
Hope you understand what I am saying!!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Is it okay to not disclose your status if you're just going to give a blow j
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 07:31:10 pm »
Yeah Buca, I wasn't really thinking about you when I posted that. Honey you're welcome to wear a HAZMAT suit when you're fucking if that's what bakes your little pink cake, it's no interest of mine.

The reason I commented was for the benefit of the Worried Wells (negative people who post in our Am I Infected forum) who read this and our other poz only boards. A lot of these people are convinced they can catch AIDS from looking at a Thai stripper so you can appreciate that headjobs send them into neurotic cartwheels.

So please, don't think this is in anyway personal. HIV cannot be transmitted by receiving unprotected blowjobs even from a piggy poz bottom.

Fondly,

MtD

Offline buca45

hehehehe..........Piggy Poz Bottom............
WTF!!!!!!!!!!
I am saying blood in my mouth= no blow job for anyone..........

Offline newbernswiss

Ol Matty dear,
The CDC and other Medical Professionals have shown and proven there are a few DOCUMENTATED cases of HIV transmission from sucking an unprotected cock. (Chicken included) . Of course there were other risk involved in the sucker getting HIV. So before you say IMPOSSIBLE, read up on HIV and unprotected blowjobs.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 02:38:13 pm by newbernswiss »

Offline newbernswiss

Here you go Mat OL Damed,

www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa19.htm

Sorry Mat OL Damed,
sharing your juice with the world could harm. Keep your juice wrapped dear.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
newber,

NO WHERE on that page you linked to does it say DOCUMENTED cases. The cases they are talking about are what's called "patient reported" and patient reports are notoriously unreliable. We go by science here, not by what someone said, someone who may be too uncomfortable to admit to unprotected intercourse or can't quite remember what they got up to under the influence of drink and/or alcohol.

There have been long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one.

These studies went on for years - one of them ten years - and involved hundreds of couples. There were some seroconversions during the course of these studies, but in EVERY SINGLE CASE it was a result of unprotected anal or vaginal INTERCOURSE. NOT BLOWJOB. INTERCOURSE.

We do our homework. Maybe you should try reading YOUR homework a little closer.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline newbernswiss

I have ANN, If you choose to ignore certain facts then so be it. I guess you are saying to use no protection and just continue having Unsafe sex. I choose to abide by the CDC guidelines, not yours. I'm here because I refuse to listened to people like you who go by select studies. I like how your study only involved couples and not people who have oral sex with multiple partners. Read the facts Ann. What is your science background ANN, do you have one, do you have a degree in the sciences ANN since you only go by sciencetific studies.  I do have a degree in the sciences and totally disagree with you and your study. There are Universal guidelines and if followed can save lives. You on the other hand don't seem to want people to follow those guidelines.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 04:04:47 pm by newbernswiss »

Offline newbernswiss

As a person whom is HIV positve shame on you ANN. I'm dispointed and appalled with your reponse. I only wish someone would have guided me to practice safer sex and maybe I would not be in the situation I'm in now. If you want to preach not following CDC guidelines and only practice sex according to your studies so be it. I only hope people will look at all the available info and practice safe sex.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
I have ANN, If you choose to ignore certain facts then so be it. I guess you are saying to use no protection and just continue having Unsafe sex. I choose to abide by the CDC guidelines, not yours. I'm here because I refuse to listened to people like you who go by select studies. I like how your study only involved couples and not people who have oral sex with multiple partners. Read the facts Ann. What is your science background ANN, do you have one, do you have a degree in the sciences ANN since you only go by sciencetific studies.  I do have a degree in the sciences and totally disagree with you and your study. There are Universal guidelines and if followed can save lives. You on the other hand don't seem to want people to follow those guidelines.

newber,

I'm not ignoring facts, I'm reading the first-tier, peer-review science. You seem to make a lot of assumptions about what you read - a case in point you insisting that page you linked to discusses DOCUMENTED cases, when it does nothing of the sort.

Another case in point: I have NEVER said for anyone to use "no protection"... I harp on about condoms ALL THE TIME. Look at my signature line; three links to condom and lube information. ::)

If you want to use condoms for blowjobs, that's your prerogative. I certainly have no intention of stopping you. I just give people the science and let them decide for themselves.

And by the way, the CDC is notorious for using scare tactics. The Bush administration, who funds the CDC, only wants to see Abstinence Only education. If they had it their way, nobody would even have access to condoms. The Abstinence Only program has been proven to be dismal failure. This is one of the main reasons behind the ever increasing hiv rates in the US - not blowjobs. It's people fucking without condoms that's spreading hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline newbernswiss

We all have opinions ANN. We all like to point fingers. The bottom line condoms saves lives.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
We all have opinions ANN. We all like to point fingers. The bottom line condoms saves lives.

Absolutely! As I tell people in the Am I forum; use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple! ;)

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline newbernswiss

Just a few comments/opinions for you ANN: No CDC or Bush Admin comment which you fear, it's from POZ Magazine. Is this author suggesting that you can get HIV from oral sex?  1 in 1250? HMMMM

www.poz.com/articles/396_2286.shtml
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 05:38:33 pm by newbernswiss »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
The bottom line condoms saves lives.

Geez child... has ANYONE stated otherwise?  Nice straw man.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline newbernswiss

Ann Dear, I guess you can't read
It cleary states RECIEVER PENILE ORAL SEX. THAT MEANS ORAL SEX THE PERSON GETTING THE JUICE. READ THE ENTIRE PRINT, NOT JUST WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE.
i LIKE HOW YOU DELETE YOUR PREVIOUS COMMENT. YOU WERE WRONG SO YOU DELETE WHAT YOU STATED.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 06:08:26 pm by newbernswiss »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Yes, Newber, you're right, I fucked up on that answer. Excuse me, but I've got a crappy chest infection and a fever and you're bugging the shit out of me right now.

Just how do you think they got those numbers anyway? It certainly wasn't a controlled, scientific study. How could they do one ethically? Line a bunch of hiv negative people up and have them perform certain sex acts with hiv positive people and count how many seroconvert? I think not.

They pretty much pulled those numbers out of thin air - that and from PATIENT REPORT. I already talked about patient report. This aspect of epidemiology is discussed in our  Transmission Lesson.

You can argue about this til you're blue in the face, I'm not going to start ignoring the overwhelming scientific evidence just to make you happy.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline newbernswiss

;D LOVE YA ANN, LOVE A GOOD DISCUSSION...OPENS DOORS OF COMMUNICATION, EDUCATION, ADVANCEMENT IN HIV AND MAKES US ALL HUMAN. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 06:21:44 pm »
I don't think it's necessary to shout, newbern. We can read lowercase characters better and have a good and honest discussion about this recurrent topic without having to yell.

Milker.
nov 2 08 start Atripla

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
;D LOVE YA ANN, LOVE A GOOD DISCUSSION...OPENS DOORS OF COMMUNICATION, EDUCATION, ADVANCEMENT IN HIV AND MAKES US ALL HUMAN. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER.

Newber, I'll take that at face value and assume you're not being sarcastic. Thank you for your good wishes - I hope I feel better soon too as this infection is kicking my ass, not to mention the antibiotics and diflucan. ::)

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline newbernswiss

I do hope you feel better ANN. No sarcasm. I do enjoy a debate and opinions. Once your feeling better I'll try to be a pain in your ass again. Take care and get some rest.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Just a few comments/opinions for you ANN: No CDC or Bush Admin comment which you fear, it's from POZ Magazine. Is this author suggesting that you can get HIV from oral sex?  1 in 1250? HMMMM

www.poz.com/articles/396_2286.shtml

And I don't give a flip if those statistics came from POZ or where, I think those numbers are hooey.  Pulled out of a hat.

I'm also baffled that any of the above went by without so much as a warning, but that's not my call.   :-\
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

I'm also baffled that any of the above went by without so much as a warning, but that's not my call.   :-\

Ann's obviously a softie when she's high on diflucan.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2007, 07:31:17 pm »
Ann's obviously a softie when she's high on diflucan.

Can you get high on Diflucan?  I am figuring you would know, philly.   ;D

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2007, 07:34:18 pm »
I just saw someone above who said they got HIV from giving head because they had bad teeth.

Man...what kind of rotten chompers would a person have to have for THAT to happen?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

Can you get high on Diflucan?  I am figuring you would know, philly.   ;D

Unfortunately no, you can't.  And that's a sad fact considering I have an extra bottle of it floating around in my treasure chest.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2007, 07:38:54 pm »
I just saw someone above who said they got HIV from giving head because they had bad teeth.

Man...what kind of rotten chompers would a person have to have for THAT to happen?

Barbara please.  Haven't you seen those filthy pictures of "meth mouth"?

http://www.mappsd.org/NewMM-8.jpg

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Unfortunately no, you can't.  And that's a sad fact considering I have an extra bottle of it floating around in my treasure chest.

King Neptune probably doesn't have a treasure chest the size o' the one you got.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.