Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:30:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 209
Total: 210

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part XVII-Get Out of Bed and Wash Your Head (You Go Girl)  (Read 63096 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else. 

Anyway, good evening ladies.  I saw it was time that the old dating thread get locked down.  I'll be pm'ing Ann to do that for us. 

Cin, I think it's great that Iceman came over to your neighborhood just to say "hi."  Wow, he must really like you girl! 

Anyway, tonight was my Ethics class.  I think I did pretty good on the exam.  Nothing unexpected, so that was good.  We have a good class.  There's only like 8 students, so that makes it a lot more enjoyable.  I don't and never did like big classes.  I really don't have anything else new to report.  I hope we can keep this thread going.  It just doesn't seem like a lot of women check in much anymore.  Why is that?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline vivyt

Re: Dating Thread Part XVII-Get Out of Bed and Wash Your Head (You Go Girl)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:20:29 pm »
Hey all! Still no word on Queen huh? Has she ever done anything like this before? Strange. Well not much to report here. I thought that I would go ahead and share some "stories" from school when they come up. I am sure I will have plenty in the future. I do have one autistic boy and there are many humorous situations with him.  :) I have a real interesting group this year. I say that with love... ;) Today I gave them a quiz in social studies and they were able to use their study guides that they completed for homework. Well one of my boys came up to and asked if he had to answer one of the questions. I asked him why wouldn't he have to answer it and his reason was because he did not do his homework. Hello! He actually thought I would just say, "Sure. You don't have to answer the question. I'll let it go." Some of these kids... :)

I hope everyone will stay warm!!!

tendai

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 02:56:52 am »
Hie guys, i hope Queen shows up soon.  maybe she's gone off somewhere rural or something where theres no internet and stuff?

vivyt - the funniest answer i have ever heard from a kid was from this kid next door.  my sister had been giving them a quiz on Bible studies and asked "Why was Jesus crucified". 
The kid answered "Rape". i didnt know what to say to her i was laughing so hard.
And over here we're mostly trying to stay dry. the damn rain just wont stop. and it always rains when i forget my umbrella and get my hair done.

Drag - u're right there is no rush.  Apparently there are other things we need to sort out first. Like whether we are compatible after all. He was asking me about all my previous boyfriends and relationships. Demanded that i tell him. He sad something like "U need a strong person who will be able to handle you, maybe i'm not strong enough"
Being unused to deep emotional conversations i almost went on the defensive, but i bit my tongue and we managed to sort it out.  Apparently he cant understand it when i get quiet when i'm with him. said i might be thinking of other men and comparing him or i might be havng bad thoughts about our relationship or be tired of his company. I said i'll be hungry and tired and i'm not very talkative whne i'm like that coz i'll be feeling a bit unwell and he said "u ought to take better care of yourself and your diet especially with your condition". Began lecturing me.  OK OK. Geez i'm not used to someone being on my case like this. Might end up messing the whole thing up.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 05:52:32 am »
Hi ladies,

Another day without Queen... I'm hoping that my "down low" hypothesis is correct, she's just cautious about logging on elsewhere. Then again, she has a roomie, I assume they use the same internet connection, in this case wouldn't the roomie take care of getting reconnected? I don't know what to think, this is very worrying.

Betty, don't worry about the thread winding down, that is the nature of the internet, kind of ebb and flow. I sometimes think it would be better for the forum if we had different threads instead of these megathreads. Like the Dating and Beehive. What happens all sorts of issues get scrambles together and there is almost no chance to address everybody. Know what I mean? Then again the megathreads are like a telenovela. I don't know.

I'm a little sick, I didn't go to the party after all, but my BF did, and he had to wear a suit, looked great on him, though I don't like those stiff shoulders that men's suits have. I dedicated Z.Z. Top's "Sharp dressed man" to him. Grrr.

Wishful, I told you once but will say again, am so glad things have worked out for you. You see, there was no need to run off to Florida after all  ;). I don't know nothing about reversing the anti-birth surgery (sorry dunno English word for it either). But I wish you luck, if that's what you want.

Tendai, I am a little concerned that your guy is the controlling type, but I don't want to judge him too harshly b/c it's just the beginning and people say strange things when they're insecure. The question is whether or not he can get over it, cos you can explain once, twice, but if a guy i consistently over jealous, that's scary... but then again nobody's perfect and extreme situations bring out the extreme in people. I know cos I come from a place where things are crazy at times and that makes the people there, well, crazy. Compared to the Dutch or other Euros that is. Of course Israel is a peaceful paradise compared to Zim at the mo... what can I say... lots of relationships begin with groans and grunts, it's not always smooth sailing at the beginning, the process of getting closer and trusting someone who was after all a stranger a while ago.

So anyway just "proceed with caution" as they say. Of course, every time I am quiet, my BF knows I am thinking about other men, goes without saying, there is nothing I like more than being next to him [esp. lying in bed post-orgasmically] and recalling all the bad and worse previous relations. What else is there to think about really? ;D.

Viv, I also used to teach, working in Asia. The kids there were so good though, but even there is such a difference btw boys & girls, even when I taught 3 year olds, the boys were so much wilder compared to the girls. Surely they have no testosterone at that age? Must be a social thing. At least you get them when they are still funny even when they're naughty, I always said I never want to teach kids aged 12 or up... until they become university students. I was certainly a horror from 13-20.

Cindy, that is supercute of Ice, but then he is a super guy...

Just want to wish everyone a nice weekend, Sun, Confused [who really hasn't checked in in ages], Sara, Camms (how are things?), Wendy, Afraid (hope things are better for you), Cristy (how was the date??), NY if she's still reading. Sorry if I forgot anyone. Lots of love. Hope we hear from Queen soon. It's about bloody time.

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 09:23:51 am »
Good morning ladies:

Viv, the stories you must have.  Kids can come up with some of the cutest and most original things.  Thanks for sharing that.

Tendai, I don't know what to say about your guy.   My first husband was extremely controlling.  Didn't really do any lecturing.  I've never been in a relationship with a man who lectures.  I would probably go ballistic if someone I was in a relationship with felt like they needed to counsel me.  But, like Drag said, it's early.  Maybe it needs some time.

Drag, I luv ZZ Top.  I saw them in concert in the early 90's back when Notre Dame used to have concerts there.  They were fabulous.  Put on a really good show.  I'm also wondering how all those ladies are doing.  I just can't remember everyone's name. 

This morning it is -6 here.  But by Sunday it's supposed to be 38.  The weather sure has been a lot different than it was at this time last year. 
Yesterday I started another period.  That makes three this month.  Monday I'm going to the gyn, so hopefully something I'll get some answers then, or at least a clue.  Anyway, I hope all you ladies have a good one-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 03:11:28 pm »
Hi GFs~

Trying to have a relaxing afternoon here and making the best of it.  Yep, see what time it is?  I SHOULD be at work, but they dismissed us today at noon, yesterday at 1:30pm and Wednesday they asked who wanted to leave early.  The company lost a federal contact and work is slow?!?  :o

I am pissed, but like I said trying to make the best of it.  I make the same pay I did on unemployment, the only difference is that the taxes are taken out.  I am making about 80% of what I need to be and this is all on a very tight budget.  I re-did my resume today and I am going to start applying for jobs again.  I see my "current position" all over the internet, but its advertised at 60-90 day contract! :o  I hope that isn't the case for me, but you KNOW how wonderful my recruiter was, with her head jammed up her ass.  OH well, wish me luck.  I have debt, but thank goodness I have credit.  It could be much worse.

Iceman was giving me a back massage last night and I asked what time he had to leave.  I didn't want to fall asleep and not visit with him.  He smiled and said he wasn't leaving.  :D  He is the most wonderful man, and I was absolutely thrilled when he appeared out of nowhere yesterday afternoon!  Tonight is support group night and then Cheech and I are off to Iceman's house for a comfy evening together!  Tomorrow night we are going to Little Sis' house to play Guitar Heroes and have Chinese food. 

Hopefully my vertigo won't act up, speaking of which.....My nerve test did NOT show any signs of damage.  They thought perhaps it would pinpoint an area near the neck due to my accidents.  Nothing.  Nada.  So, at least my nerves are ok, actually that's VERY good considering I have been diabetic since 1981. 

One interesting thing I have found....I feel more balanced and stronger the day after a massage.  My neck always has spasms in it, sometimes I can feel them, but usually I can't.  So I am going to really try to overdose on pampering this poor neck.  It has meant, and will continue to mean, lifestyle changes for me.  Its very frustrating, but where there's a will, there's a way.  For example, I am not going to go work 25 miles down the road, which would be a 90-minute drive each way.  It would cut back on my sleep, I would be stressed in traffic and I would be driving on the highway at high speeds, which really makes me feel uneasy these days.  So, as far as lifestyles, I will continue to work close to home and take less pay for it, rather than driving closer to DC for a higher wage.  It all comes down to peace of mind and well-being.  Also, I need to get to bed sooner and quit fighting off exhaustion, it just wreaks havoc with these sore neck muscles.

Iceman has been very supportive, and I don't like to ask for much, but at least he is there for me.  I am very fortunate.

Drag, I'm glad to hear the presentation is done with, I know you were a little nervous.  Btw, I am taking alprazolam, similar to lorazepam, to help me chill and to get to sleep at night.  Wonder drugs, for sure!  I take very low doses and not every day.  Its a new thing for me.  I have always had the pills around but never really relied on them before to help much.

BT, its great to hear that your class only has eight students!  Its more like a "club" than a class that way, isn't it?  Let us know when you get your test grade back!  Cold as shit up there, huh?  Its supposed to be a balmy 48 degrees with RAIN this Tuesday.  I want snow, damit, lol!

Tendai, sounds like your guy is a bit of a control type, but he also may be insecure, too.  Especially since he said he may not be strong enough for you.  Its encouraging to read that you communicated some.  You owe it to him to tell him how you're feeling when you have those quiet times, cause as we know, guys don't pick up on a damn thing unless its right in front of their face.  Or on ESPN.  LOL

Viv, I liked your story about the student not thinking he would have to answer that question, lol.  Kids rationalize in the funniest ways, don't they?  I can't wait to hear who makes who a Valentine for the upcoming holiday, lol!  Aren't they 5th graders?  Or are they younger?  Hee-hee!

As far as Queen goes, the Mods have all of her info from me and a few others.  I think we won't see her until next month, until after she gets a check and pays a bill.  I really hope that's the case.  I was glad to read that Em was printing out the thread (the other one) and mailing it to her. 

I'll try to check in over the weekend, but being with Iceman and there being a full moon, it may be wild and crazy!  LOL  Did you know that Cynthia means "Goddess of the Moon," hence my screen name?

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 03:16:30 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 06:52:50 pm »
Good evening ladies:

Cin, goddess of the moon, eh?  Well, being that you are nocturnal, I guess that fits.  I hear you about doing what brings peace of mind.  I'm glad you're going to take your health into consideration.  Do you have muscle spasms in your neck that could be causing your problem?  I have one that never goes away at the base of my neck in my right shoulder.  Sometimes it can be quite painful.  I used to get my bones adjusted, until one time when the doc was adjusting my back and I got a sharp pain up the side of one of my legs. :o  That put an end to that.  But, I was just thinking maybe that could be causing your problems.  I'm glad that your nerve conduction studies were normal.  That's really great, especially if you were on any of the drugs of the early 90's for HIV.

OK ladies, girls, we need more communication here.  I do wonder about people when they're not here.  Wishful, for example, has not been around.  I think like Cin said about Queen, she will probably be back with us next month.  Hopefully anyway.  If she's not, we're going to have to send out the army.  Camms has also not been on here lately.  Drag, I'm glad you're checking back in, even with your sore wrist.  Thanks for your spirit! :-*   Anyone I have forgotten to mention, you all are in my thoughts.  Please let us know how you're doing.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 09:35:13 am »
OK, where is everybody?

Offline vivyt

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 11:15:06 am »
Not much happening. I am going to a wedding reception tonight. A colleague of mine is getting married. I hope I can stay dry. We have had so much rain this week. I can't stand it. Another storm is supposed to come in this weekend. The worst is when it rains during the week. The kids have to stay inside and they get all pent up. Kind of like caged animals. I hope you all are doing well.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 11:39:25 am »
Its a lazy Saturday morning at Iceman's house.  He made me watch The Grudge with him last night, lol.  He likes spooking me with these suspenseful movies!  Its shower time for me and my neck and back are sore.  I hate going through the PROCESS of trying to get out of the house.  Guys have it so easy. 

We are doing a little shopping today and then meeting our friends tonight.  I can't wait to see if they really have Iron Maiden tunes on that Guitar Heroes game thing, lol!

Shit!  Almost forgot!  My favorite recruiter in Maryland called last night.  Turns out a job that she tried to get me to interview for in August has become available again.  The person they sent there couldn't get her debits and credits straight.  I have an interview Tuesday.  Its a HAUL from my house but they have flexible scheduling, so maybe I could work 930am to 6pm or something and miss the traffic.  They also give you free lunch everyday.

Its weird that this came up last night, esp after in my last post I said I had to make lifestyle changes and stay close to home.  I am really nervous about going for this, ONLY because of the commute distance from home.  I need to look on the bright side, though.  Its direct hire which means benefits soon, and its right outside of DC, so chances are there are plenty of new ID docs to choose from down there.  This company pays your entire health premium for their HMO plan, but I need a PPO to stay on my insulin pump.  The pay is only $3K more than what I make now, so if they want me, they will have to go higher.  The last girl quit cause she couldn't get the hang of bookkeeping, whereas that's all I've taught myself for the past 8 years.  Its an AP position, right down in the heart of the area I grew up in when I was about 5 years old.

Yeah, I'm the debits and credits queen, here.  I am SO nervous to be going down the road, I don't want to get exhausted.  Dammit, tell me to go for it and wish me luck!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 11:47:13 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 05:01:01 pm »
Hello ladies. It's date night and I am going. I will give details later. I can tell you we are going out to eat at a place with a live band(top 40)  and a dance floor.                                                                           ML, if this other job is what you feel like doing, then go for it. I hope it works out well for you.                 I see still no Queen. I hope she checks in soon.                                                                                        I worked today, lunch, so do not plan on staying out too late. My little Robert had a playdate at my supervisor's house. She asked me to cover the shift and offered to babysit so everyone was happy.   Talk you later. Time for me to start getting ready. hope everyone is well. Wish me luck.   Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 05:02:25 pm »
Hey ladies:

Just having a lay-around day.  

Cristy-date night!  Good luck, have fun and be sure to tell us all about it tomorrow! ;)

Viv, I imagine the kids get pretty crazy having to stay indoors.  It's been really cold here and we have quite a bit of snow.  A friend of mine who called me on her cell on her way home from work today said she saw a motorcycle out.  That's just crazy.  The roads are all snowy.  

Cin, I can't tell you to take the job.  You know if you want it or not.  I try not to tell people exactly what to do.  I just don't feel right doing that, as I think everyone should choose for themselves.  Remember what you said in your old post, though, about not wanting to give up peace of mind.  Anyway, have fun tonight at your friend's house.  

Other than that, I haven't done anything except brush my teeth, eat and do the dishes.  Really, just haven't felt like it.  I don't know if that's cause I'm losing so much blood or not.  Have a good one-

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 05:26:14 pm »
Cristy, best of luck on your date tonight.  I always love going to see bands.  Iceman and I went to see a band on our first date....  ;)

This job sounds really, really good for me, and I forgot to mention that I have an interview scheduled for Tuesday at 2pm.  The only thing spooking me is the long drive time from home, but I 'll never know until I try.

Iceman and I are heading to Little Sis' to rock out and have Chinese food.  Yum!

See you ladies tomorrow!

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 10:31:38 pm »
OK, I'm going to bed soon. :D 

Cin, I hope you have fun at your friend's house tonight.  Jam on that guitar! 

Cristy, I'm anxiously awaiting to hear how your date went.  ::singing One Enchanted Evening::   I can't wait!

I talked to a member here (bear60) on the phone for a little while tonight. And I talked to another friend.  Monday I'm seeing the gynecologist, so hopefully he can figure out what's going on with my body, why I'm now getting a period almost every week.  Other than that, I didn't study today.  Guess I got something to do tomorrow.  I need to go to church also.  I haven't been there in three weeks.  I go to a really cool church.  The pastor is a lesbian and has been with her current partner for like almost 20 years.  The church does a lot of social justice things, like getting involved with domestic abuse organizations, etc.  It's really different from any church I have ever attended.  So, maybe tomorrow I'll be awake enough to make it there.  I have a hard time anymore trying to force myself to get up early.  I've been on this schedule of staying up kind of late and then not getting out of bed until like 9:00 in the morning.  I might wake up a little earlier, like around 6:30, but I just can't drag my ass out of bed.  Oh well, most of the time I don't have anywhere to go in the morning anyway.  But I'm really going to try to make it to church tomorrow.  So, have a good night ladies!

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 08:59:57 am »
Hello ladies. Real quickly cause we are time limited on the computer. Date went well. I will probably go again. We danced and ate good food. Nice night out but I was home by 11. I did give him a goodnight kiss.  I will update a little further later. Hope everyone is okay.  Cristy

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 10:31:55 am »
Hi ladies,

All's quiet on the Eastern front, east of you all that is... I got my period, so am not pregnant. I was both relieved and disappointed at once. My BF said this is all the reason to keep trying... he is at work, and I spent the day skyping with my brother & his wife, and w/ a friend back home. I am horrible at keeping in touch with people, and I do want to meet some now when I get back for a while. I have been avoiding my family and friends, did it happen to you guys too when you were diagnosed? whoever doesn't know, I usually don't have the energy for.

Betty, I don't know how you handle all those periods, no wonder you have no energy, with the cold and the incessant bleeding, one period a month is draining enough for me. Hope you & your doc solve this problem asap! Hope you enjoy church. it's important to keep all these little routines, but I am awful at that. am thinking of quitting my gym subsrciprtion b/c I don't go regularly enough and it's so expensive, 70 Euro (about 100$) a month.

That is my single biggest fiexed expense each month, save for the bills, but those I share with BF so it amounts to about the same.

Cristy, am so glad you had a good time and waiting to hear more!

Cindy, hope you and Ice have a cozy Sunday, am sure you are. I don't know what to tell you bout the job, like Betty said, on one hand, it seems lucrative, on the other, you've been having all those neck & balance problems and this communte can worsen that. I don't know really, depends mostly on the time you can come in and leave and the state of the roads. Does Ice live any closer to the new workplace, maybe you can move in with him and sublet your house? dunno if you want that though.

Viv, enjoy the wedding, haven't been to one in ages, I usually avoid them back home, and here in the Netherlands, have never been invited. Have fun!

Wishing all our readers a great Sunday... 8)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 11:01:32 am by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 01:47:55 pm »
Good afternoon ladies,

Well, I didn't even get up until 9:45 this morning, so I didn't go to church.  I finished watching Godfather II last night, which didn't get over until midnight, then I read for awhile.  Church starts at 10:00, so there's no way I would have made it.  Then a friend of mine called at 10:30 and we talked until noon.  So basically, I just got done taking a shower, taking out the trash etc.  And it's almost 2:00 here!  Wow, I'm really kind of lagging behind.  I have to read some of my ethics book today.  I just have to.  It's so easy for me to get distracted. 

Cristy, I'm so glad the date went well.  And you got a kiss!  You go girl!  I'm waiting to hear more details......

Drag, I know how it is with trying to keep up routines.  It can be rather tiresome sometimes.  Like I said, I'm a very easily distracted person.  It really takes total silence for me to concentrate on a book I'm reading etc.  If there's anything else going on, that gets my attention.  I don't know what to say about you starting your period.  Maybe you're not ready yet.  Good luck with that. 

I'm sure Cin is having a good day with Ice.  And hopefully Queen will be back online soon.  I really miss her.  Anyway, I'm going to check out a few other threads and read some of my ethics book.  Have a good one ladies-

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 04:52:31 pm »
Hi Girls

Just wanted to check in and say hi.  Not much going on with me.  Its raining like cats and dogs here on the West Coast.   Spent most of the morning cleaning and organizing in preparation for my roommate to move in.  I did not realize how much stuff I have.  I seem to have a ton of hair products.  So I have made a vow not to buy anymore till I have used all of them up.  But I just could not see throwing them away. 

Christy glad to hear that your date went well and look forward to hearing more about it.

Betty sounds like you and I are in the same boat, its almost 2 pm here and I have not taken a shower yet.  I wanted to work out today but just not in mood,  I guess I will just chalk it up to PMS.  Maybe I will light a Duraflame and have a glass of wine. 

Drag- Well I sorry to hear you got your period, but least the good news you get to keep practicing and that is the best part. 

Tomorrow I am suppose to go on my date tomorrow, however I have not heard from him today yet.  I will keep you guys posted. 

bye for now.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 06:27:27 pm »
Good afternoon!
Sun: Where are you at on the West Coast? I live in Orange County and the rain today is CRAZY!

The wedding reception last night was nice. The person who got married is a colleague at work. He is Chinese and his wife is Thai (not sure on spelling). It was definitely different. It started at 6:00 but food did begin to be served until after 8:00. There were about 7 courses served. Lots of seafood. The bride had 3 different outfits, the regular American style of wedding dress, a Chinese style and then a Thai. I was very tired by the time the night was over. And of course it was raining when we got out. I hope it dries up quick...I can't stand it... :)

As far as today goes I haven't got much done. I went to the market and that is it. I still need to do the rest of my lesson plans and do some grading.

This morning my ex came over. I don't know if I have mentioned it before but this is the person who infected me. We have been involved off and on for 13 years. We have a lot of history together. I am pretty sure I did not elaborate on that before but I will now. We got involved when I was 20. He had a girlfriend and a child. We were friends at first but then it became more. He was my first and the only one I have been with. When I was 22 I got pregnant. My father did not handle it well and neither did "Mr.Wonderful" (my ex). Long story short I was still in school and was in no position to support myself and a child so I decided to place the baby with a family through adoption. It was open so I met the parents and am still in contact with them and her. At the time is was the best thing I could do for her. There...

That was our big connection. We have always had an intense attraction and just cannot seem to stay apart yet we can't get together. To top it off we don't really talk about our feelings. We just ignore the HUGE pink elephant in the room. Today we talked about some stuff and he said he has always loved me and always will but that doesn't help me. Ugh!!! Such a mess and yet I can't say no...

OK...I am done going on and on. Stay warm everyone!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 07:35:26 pm »
Hello again ladies:

Well, I was going to wait until tomorrow morning to post, but after reading Viv's post...........

Girl, I was like that with my first husband.  He wasn't with anyone when we met, but we had a very tumultous relationship.  I got pregnant when I was 17 1/2.  And Oscar and I had an on-again off-again relationship.  But if we ever saw each other (when we were broke up) out somewhere, we were instantly magneted back to each other.  I don't really know what to tell you.  You know what you can handle.  If it's causing you distress, then stop it. ;)

Sun, I'm anxious to find out how your date goes!

OK, I wonder where Wishful, Camms and all the rest are.  Hopefully we'll here from Her Majesty within the week or next.  I'm getting ready to watch 'The Wire' and have the annual Sunday night pig-out with my brother (who is also diabetic, but not Insulin-dependent like me). ;D  Have a good one ladies-

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 08:03:21 pm »
I'm here. I just don't have anything special to say.
have a nice evening ladies.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 08:11:19 pm »
Hi GFs~

I had a wonderful weekend with Iceman, its just so quiet after he's gone.  I miss him already.  I ate way too much tonight and actually feel sick, so this will be short.  

Drag~ I think I had read a few posts ago that you and your BF were going to try for a baby, but I didn't realize it had already started!  Did you switch meds or anything?  What was the outcome of everything with your doc?

Cristy~  So glad to hear the date went well and that you are hopeful for the next!  See, that's how it should be.  Just get out there and TRY.  It can never hurt!

Viv~  Its so dry here on the east coast.  They keep forecasting snow in Maryland and we don't ever get it.  Sounds like you're having mixed feelings about your guy, but you owe it to yourself to date.  Especially if he's been the only one.  You owe it to yourself before time passes you by. :)

Sun~  I have been chucking things in the trash lately.  LOL  I used to hold on to everything and then lose track of what I had.  You'll be amazed at how much money you'll save by using the hair stuff you have at home.  OK, so today I threw out most of the stuff in my spice rack.  I haven't used the shit in over twelve years for the most part, so what was I saving it for?  A Betty Crocker moment?   :D

BT~  I pigged out on some trail mix and drank a ton of water a little while ago.  I am so bloated that I feel sick, lol!  I have to stop doing this.  My A1C is 7.3 and thats not good at all.

In response to what Drag said about me interviewing for this new job.....I am agreeing a lot with what you PMed me about the other week.  You said the new job may have caused my symptoms with vertigo and a bad neck.  Well, like I said it was all there before, but sitting still in a chair all day and only getting up 4 or 5 times hasn't helped.  If I am in an office where my work isn't timed, then I can relax a little and move around some. I think thats the root of my problem now, staying planted in my seat for most of the day and stiffening up the neck and back.

So, tomorrow I will figure out something to tell my boss.  I guess I'll say I have a follow-up docs appt on Tuesday and thats why I'm leaving early.  I hope the interview goes OK.  They are very anxious to hire someone, but I ain't cheap.  LOL

OK, so this post wasn't really that short, was it?  Win, you posted while I did.  Hi there, GF.  :)

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:13:01 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 07:44:50 am »
Wow. There has been a lot going on lately.                                   Viv, I think that you did the best possible thing for you and your child. Glad you posted about that. I don't know personally but think you are very brave. And you still get to have contact. Cool. About the ex. I used to have one of those, we were together on and off since 1991 but he won't use condoms so we are permanently OFF. The sex was great but everything else sucked so I'm kinda glad it's off.                         Betty, hope you had a good pigout. I had mac and cheese for dinner but I was craving cheese so that hit the spot.                              The date went well. we went to a restaurant with a live band and I had oysters and shrimp. It was cold by the time we sat down to eat cause we were dancing. He called yesterday and we will be going out again.   He is 20 years older than me and he seems to be bothered by that. I'm not but I would have a problem if he were 20 years younger.                             Ml, are you a packrat, too. I have a hard time throwing stuff away but am making progress in that area.      Not much going on today, Going to the library, to pick up my schedule for the next 2 weeks and go to DSS. Robert and I have Medicade and we supposed to get re certified but the lady has dropped the ball and I am pissed. My paperwork was supposed to be in by DEC 23, I turned it in the 17Th and when I talked to her last week, she says she'll get to it, meanwhile she will bridge it over. Fuck, my medicine costs $1500.00 per month. Guess if it was her medicine she would be all over it. Sorry for the rant, I am just angry about this.        Anyway off to get ready. Hope everyone has a great day.  Cristy

tendai

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 09:18:45 am »
hie ladies
sounds like interesting weekends here.
cristy - gald your date went well.  u say he's 20 years older? at least he's mature u know. i've toyed with the idea of going out with a much older guy but eish the generation gap would be too wide. we'd have nothing much in common. but its great u're okay with that. young guys can be a problem i've noticed, even guys my age ::)

vivyt - follow your instincts. i almost "got back" with the guy who i think infected me but as time went on i just couldnt. for one thing he's in another country and i dont do long distance relationships.  anyway, i wish u the best with him if u decide to date him again.

Cindy - good to see u and Iceman still going stronger than ever. u sure u cant make a clone of him?
and good luck with the interview!

Betty - if u lived here, people would advise you to see a prophet or witchdoctor coz such periods would be the work of "juju". Honest, i heard of this woman whose periods wouldnt stop day after day until she went to a witchdoctor and he reversed the "juju" someone had put on her. Of course she had gone to doctors and stuff and they all found her to be "normal".
i hope your gyno  figures out whats wrong and can fix it.

Drag - if at first u dont succeed try try try again ;D and again ;D

i took the boyfriend to my uncles house to see my mom.  it went ok. he had beer with my uncle. my mom is so-o-o shy they hardly exchanged 10 words. it went well.  problem is i had to use my money to buy groceries and stuff that are expected when a prospective goes to the prospective in-laws coz some guy who was supposed to give him money didnt show up.  It didnt bother me at first coz i know he'll pay me back, but then i got to thinking that should we get married or anything he might not be able to take care of me and a baby if we should ever have one.  almost had a fight about it coz i told him i wanted to wait and take things slow before we do things we'l both regret. said i wanted us to get to know each other well enought and get to a point where we dont have silly arguments about 'why are u so quiet'. i think we've spent wa-aaay too much time together. he's acting like the worlds going to end like next month or something he's in such a rush. Its probably insecurities and the control freak in him, but i wont be pushed into something i'm not 100% ready for. Guess i'll have to give us more time and more space so we dont smother each other and get sick of each others company.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 10:12:35 am »
Good morning ladies:

Cin, you know the pros and cons of this prospective job.  Maybe you should make a list, compare, and then decide what to do.  You know, as far as packratting, I used to do that.  In fact, last week I just cleaned out under my bed and threw out two trashbags full of stuff, mostly old magazines I thought I'd need like forever I guess.  It always feels good though, once I go through things and throw out what I absolutely know I don't need anymore.

Cristy, I know how frustrating having to depend on the system is.  I'm still waiting for my big $9 in food stamps to get restored to my card.  My caseworker has been dragging her feet on this since December (and now it's the end of January).  I mean, I know $9 isn't a lot of money to buy food with, but it's a couple gallons of milk.   And then when I call her, she's very rude.  I don't know why people who take public service jobs think they have a right to be rude to people. 

Tendai, good for you for sticking to your guns with your bf and being cautious about jumping into marriage.  I just love it when I hear about women, especially younger women, being true to themselves.   You know, I used to hang around Native American (Indian) people here and once I had a spirit taken out of me by a medicine man.  I believe in that sort of thing. 

Well, today is the visit to the gynecologist's.  So, hopefully by late this afternoon I should have some direction to go as far as getting this constant bleeding stopped.  I'll be sure to let you ladies know what's going on.  Other than that, not much else happening here.  The sunny day of yesterday turned into the grey day of today. :-\  I just hate winter! 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 07:40:50 pm »
OK, I went to the gynecologist's office today.  I had to assume the position (we all know which one I'm speaking of).  He took a biopsy of the uterine wall to rule out cancer.  This is just something routine they do when a woman is having continual cycling.  He is going to start me on Depo-Provera next week which will stop my periods.  Yay!  So, that's all I have to report for now.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 08:19:14 pm »
OMG, BT, I had the SAME procedure done last May, MUCH different than a cervical, and I thought a truck was running me over!  I was ready to pass out, lol.  I have never had kids and I have a tilted uterus, so the GYN had trouble with the first "go."  OMG it was the longest five minutes of my life, tunnel vision and everything!

And you make it sound as easy as making microwave popcorn!  :D  Props to you, girl, I hope you'll be "right" soon!

Tendai~  I found that with my dating in 2007, my two fave guys were 48 and 53 years old.  I was 37 most of last year.  Jay was the 48yo that I was crazy about in June and July, and there was one other guy I dated a few times.  HE had the prob with the age difference, but had a career in criminalistics and criminal psychology, so we had plenty of fascinating conversations.  I did date another older guy, but he thought he was just so cool with me on his arm that it turned me off, lol.  He also wanted me to meet his kids after the first date too.  He was LOADED with money and I turned him down.  :D  Money ain't everything, but you know, he was OK with my poz status.  That was cool, but he wasn't for me.   I agree with BT, good for you for saying "slow down" to your guy!  See if he's strong enough to slow down, tells a lot about character and self-control.  :)

Cristy~ I'm not too much of a packrat, lol, but if I threw out things I didn't need, my house would be empty.  I have learned, esp over the past year, that items and material things aren't everything.  I am going to clean out the underwear and sock drawers next!  LOL  So glad to hear you were dancing and having a great time on your date!   :-*  I went to DSS over the summer and they couldn't help me because my bills weren't past due yet, but I was below the poverty level while on unemployment.  You should see my credit card balance now, dammit.  I hope you get things straightened out with the bimbo who dropped the ball.  Keep on her, keep calling every other day and drive her nuts.  LOL

Time to iron my dress pants (yuck, I hate wearing them) for my interview tomorrow.  I have put together a chic outfit, very professional.  I have taupe pants with a pale pink blouse, and a chocolate blazer.  I really want to wear my brown high-heeled boots, but I fear I may tip over!  LOL  I might go for it, my black dress shoes look so frumpy.  LOL  :D

I miss Iceman tonight.  Sigh.

Queen, come home, lol!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:21:51 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 06:24:24 am »
OMG, BT, I had the SAME procedure done last May, MUCH different than a cervical, and I thought a truck was running me over!  I was ready to pass out, lol.  I have never had kids and I have a tilted uterus, so the GYN had trouble with the first "go."  OMG it was the longest five minutes of my life, tunnel vision and everything!

Jesus Christ, I am almost passing out here just reading this, I don't even like a PAP smear... damn it doesn't get any easier does it?! One thing I have noticed on any procedure whether getting by blood drawn or a PAP or dental hygene, SO MUCH depends on the professional. Some of them are really good and do things smoothly and painlessly, others, well, hell, even a hairdresser can rip out half your hair during a blowdry, so think how sensitive the people that do potentially painful things have to be. And these are exactly the people that we have absolutely no choice in seeing and we don't get to pick. Ouch.

Betty, you are one tough mama...

I am ok here, but wrist is not. Tendai, time will tell... you know what in the first months with my BF I had moments when I was cursing him and swearing to leave too. That's b/c of every little thing looks like a huge warning sign. Not that being oblivious is the best way, but mostly we try to detenct warning signs and give them all kind of tests, it's hard to know what something really signifies and what is just the weight that we attach to it. Know what I mean? But I understand the concern when involving money b/c the money situation where you're at is so crucial, and the last thing you need is someone trying to freeload off ya, and I imagine people are often desperate enough to try this sort of thing. Keep looking out for numero uno (yourself), girl.

Speaking of looking out, Viv, I am worried about you... you seem to want to break out of this cycle, or at least part of you does. I suppose there is a sense of responsibility keeping you in it as well, I know that is what made me drag bad relationships in the past. I have this one friend, she is married with kids for over a decade and still dragging an unfinished love afair with this married man she was with before her husband. Such is the power of not being able to let go. but what do you want in your life? don't you think you deserve better? what do you want your life story to be like in 20 years time? I know we have no control over many things, but we can at least try for the things we want. don't think I am judging you, though I must say I feel a resentment towards him. But the past in the past, whatever reasons made you hook up with this man, are they still valid? are you still the same person? I hope you can do whatever it is that makes you happy. If I thought that staying in this relationship was what did, I would say go for it, I mean what can happen that hasn't already happened? But isn't in time to envision another future for yourself?

Cristy, sounds like a great date. Good on ya! Hope the next one will be as good or more.

About age differences, well, I'd rather date someone my age or a little older, just as I'd rather date someone with a good job, lots of $$$, super handsome, and from a country where I'd like to live, but that is just a list, reality's much more complicated than any list of requirements, age is a given, and if you find someone who does it for you and he isn't the preferred age or wage or weight or whatever, I would never let that get in the way... it's different when people are online dating and setting criteria for who them wanna meet, when you actually do meet someone, all these things matter a lot less, I think...

Cindy, looks like you are really set on trying this job, I wish you all the luck. Your current one is kind of a dead end, so I figure it won't hurt to try. You got it right we have started "operation fertilization", no luck so far, maybe b/c as Betty commented, I am not ready or rather have mixed feelings b/c I do in fact want that very much but we haven't the ideal conditions (to say the least). BF currently unemployed and me on a temp contract, no social benefits (such as maternity leave), no premanent place to live, my apat's unsuitable for a baby, and no car... yup I don't think I missed out anything that we don't have actually. But thing is we might not have these things even in a year or two. I don't know, that's not how I thought it should be but then neither is anything else.

I gotta go ladies, lots of love for now

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 09:26:57 am »
Good morning ladies:

Cin, when you mention your high-heeled boots, it makes me wonder how tall you are.  I'm 5'9" (I've actually shrunk an inch) and I always wanted to be shorter when I was younger so I could wear high heels.  So, since I never learned how to walk correctly in them when I was younger and I try to wear them now, the results are disasterous.  Anyway, good luck on the interview today and please let us know how it goes.  Thinking about you, gf.

Drag, you know, when I had my daughter my circumstances weren't the most ideal.  You do whatever you feel right with.

Other than that, I stayed up late last night after I thought I would get to bed early.   I watched the State of the Union address, talked to a friend until 11:30, then did some reading.  So I didn't get up today until 8:30.  It's a grey day here and rainy.  And tonight we have a winter storm warning, because the temp is supposed to drop and it's supposed to snow a lot. 

Well, hopefully by this time next week our Queen will be back with us.  Have a good one ladies-

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 11:59:55 am »
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is having a good day!  I dropped the kids off at school and I am going to try to clean up the house, see if I can get in touch with someone at the local ASO.  I want to watch the latest episode of the Wire...so there is nothing exciting planned here.  I love to be outdoors but it is too cold here now, I take the dogs out and that is about it.

Cindy- Your outfit sounds great for your interview.  I am sure you will do great!  Maybe you will luck out if you get the job and find someone who works there that lives near you and you can ride share or something.

Betty- I feel you on the high heels.  I am 5'9 too and can't walk in them either.  I don't know how people wear them all the time. 

How do you all do so well remembering who wrote what :)

When I was in college I had to go the local doc and get a pap done.  He kept trying over and over to put the large one in, I kept telling him"It's too big, It's too big"  Your fine, just relax, lay back.  I was in so much pain!  He finally listened to me and tried a smaller one and said "Oh, I apologize."  What a jerk!  This reminds me I am way overdue in getting a pap smear.  I have a long history of pre-cancerous cells and I have had more biopsys than I care to remember.  That was one thing I told myself I would do when I got the kids in school, make an appt with the OB.  It is so hard to find a good doc. that is good with poz people.  I had one in back in 92 0r 93, that tried to convince me that I needed a hysterectomy, I shouldn't have kids, when she found out I was poz.

That's it for now :)  Everyone take care!
Snow

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 12:53:07 pm »
Leaving in 10 minutes for the 2pm interview!  I am 5' 5-1/2" barefoot, but people guess I am taller, I think its my long hair or something.  I am going to wear my black "flat" shoes with a short wedge heel.  I am dizzy girl today and my neck was actually in SPASMS at the computer today while working.  Drag was right.  It feels so good to get up and move!

Welcome, snowangel!  Have you posted in "By way on introduction" in the Women's Forum?  All of our histories are in there.

More soon!  Thank goodness its massage night tonight! :D

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:53:48 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline vivyt

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008, 09:27:28 pm »
Hello all! Well this morning I barely left my house in time. I just could not find anything to wear. Nothing fit, what I wanted was dirty, I felt fat...on and on. Ever had one of those days? Of course not I have clothes all over my bed.... :D

Well as far as my ex goes I am trying to break away. I have been talking about with my therapist which helps. I am trying to get it in my mind that I deserve better. What can I say? I am a work in progress. I am off to pick up my prescription...talk to you later!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 09:36:41 pm »
Good evening ladies:

Cin, I'm waiting to hear the news about your job interview!  I hope it went well.

Viv, I do have those days where I just can't decide what to wear.  Some days I stay in my jammees.

Class went well tonight.  On the way home, though, it was sleeting pretty hard and very windy.  The temp today was 49, tonight it's in the teens.  We're under a winter storm warning.  More grey days ahead. :-\  I hope all you ladies are having a good evening.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 11:08:26 pm »
OMG I KICKED ASS AT THE INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!

My recruiter said they would have made me an offer today if it weren't for the formality of meeting with a higher-up at the company.  I am SO excited!  I was interviewing in THE most expensive zip code in the area, yes, an affluent DC suburb where everyone is VERY wealthy.  Get this.....they wanted to be honest at the end of the interview and said I appeared "over-qualified," and they were afraid that if I got the job it wouldn't be long before I moved on.  I convinced them otherwise.  :D   What was I telling myself all summer long?  Good resume, good personality and everyone knows I won't work for beans. 

So, tomorrow I go back for interview #2!  When I walked into this very luxurious suite today in a nice office building, what do I see?  Almost everyone dressed in jeans!  Casual dress code!  OMG!  What a surprise!  And all of the FREE Diet Coke I can drink, and free snacks, and catered luch EVERY day.  Its so busy down in that area, that getting out to lunch just to pick something up would be a rush and still take an hour.  So they eat in the office, compliments of the boss.  I would also start accruing leave as soon as I was hired too, about a day a month or so....the list goes on, SO MANY wonderful benefits.  These are things that no employer does at the workplace anymore, everyone is so damn tight these days, lol!

OMG, I am STOKED!

Um, so I'm not going into my current job tomorrow, and believe me, my sore neck needs the rest.  My massuese couldn't believe how dense my neck muscles were tonight.  I guess I'll go in Thursday morning and resign, makes me sad to do it.  I would have been one of those loyal employees if it weren't for the neck spasms and a less than 40-hour workweek last week.  I can't remember if I even mentioned the hours thing.  They sent us all home after half days of work last Thursday and Friday, and ironically my recruiter called Friday afternoon.  I suppose the planets aligned at that very moment, lol!

I can wear jeans, I can wear jeans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

OK, I'll shut up now, lol.  I went to Iceman's after my massage and he fed me dinner, soup salad and sushi.  Yummy and low-carb.  He bought Guitar Heroes last night so we rocked out for about three hours until I was bug-eyed.  I left at 10pm.  BT, you may have heard this newer song, its maybe two years old, called "My Curse" by Killswitch Engage?  OMG it was a Bonus Download on Guitar Heroes and Iceman and I got it!  I rocked out, even played "One" by Metallica, too.  ;)

I need to go lay down before my head falls off of this poor neck.  Wish me luck with #2 tomorrow, I'm pretty much "in" but don't want to jinx myself.  These ladies interviewing me asked why I didn't interview last August when they were hiring, lol.  I said I was holding out for a position like theirs closer to home, but never found it.  Oh one more thing, this is NOT a temp position, its direct hire, permanent placement.  OMG!

I need to calm down so that I can get some rest!  Pray they make me a great offer as far as salary goes.......

Viv, best of luck with the therapy.  You ARE worth it, keep remembering that, ok?

I think everyone is hibernating and won't be out until the Groundhog sees his shadow or something, lol!  "Phil, oh Phil, do you know where our ladies are.............?"   :D

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 04:28:25 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

tendai

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 07:28:15 am »
blessed should be having her baby now isnt she. or she's already had it? didnt she say around the 28th?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 09:20:39 am »
Good morning ladies:

It's only 1 degrees here this morning!  And all the schools are closed because of all the snow/ice we got last night.  Wow, what a change from yesterday at this time.  And we're supposed to get another snow storm tomorrow night-6-10 inches of snow!  This is so different than it was from last winter.  And my caseworker called today and told me there was something wrong with my bank statement I sent her and she needs a new one.  This will delay my food stamps even more.  And Monday she told me the stamps would be on my card by today!  This makes me very angry.  What do they think people are supposed to do for food while they're fucking around?!  Not that I got a lot anyway, I'm only supposed to be getting $10/month.  But still, that would buy the basic things.  Oh, I am livid right now!

Cin, I'm so glad that the interview went so well yesterday.  Good luck today!  Let us know how things go.  I'm not familiar with that song you were talking about.  I'm just getting back into adult alternative music.  I was a classic rock junkie for many years.

I'm not sure when blessed is having her baby.  She's due now? 

OK ladies, I'm off to continue my temper tantrum! ;)  Have a good one-

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2008, 02:23:42 pm »
Hey ladies, just checking in to say HEy, Good luck with your interview Cin, im sure you'll nail it...what will you be doing??

Betty did u get that bleeding thing fugured out at the docs?..sorry if u said n i didnt see it...Im thinking about goin on that bc pill that reduces your period to 4 per year and also shortens length of time...but i have to read about the side effects..im sick of having my period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Nothing new goin on, just working and chilling...thinking about going to culinary schoool...i just need a career that is fulfilling and interesting..my JOB is none of that....but i love cooking..i need to do something..i thinkim nearing that midlife cris age...UUGGHHHH>>>>>> :o
Live life to the fullest...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2008, 03:39:45 pm »
Wishful, I went to see the gynecologist and he's putting me on the Depo shots.  I'll begin those next week.  Oh, one of my friend's sons is going to go to culinary school starting next month.  Check in here more often!  How's things going with the bf?

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2008, 04:41:06 pm »
Hi GFs~

I GOT THE JOB!!  :D  I GOT THE JOB!!  :D  I GOT THE JOB!!  :D
I wasn't out of the interview more than a half hour when my recruiter called and made an offer.  They went $3K higher than they wanted to, which was at the lower end of what I wanted, but there are so many good benefits!  They've already asked if I can go to happy hour Friday, lol.  I have group every Friday, and I get SO exhausted anyway.  Also, its the first day of the smoking ban here, I wonder if they remember that?  I don't smoke, but they do.  And I haven't had a drink in 2 years because of my insulin pump.  I am going to say I already have plans.

I am still a little nervous about the commute because my neck is so sore these days, but steady as she goes.  I'll adapt and be better soon.  I will be doing Bookkeeping and crunching numbers.  I love math and accounting, but I know its not for everyone. 

I couldn't even sleep in today.  I had to call in to work at 630am and tell them I wasn't coming in, and I planned on going back to sleep until 9am or so.  I remembered that the power company was shutting down power between 9am and 2pm to do work, so I had to shower and BLOW-DRY my hair before 9am, or else I'd be screwed.  So, that's what I did, and the power was out from 930am until 1230pm.  I mopped the kitchen floor, balanced my checkbook, called my GYN office to dispute a balance I had......I got a few things done.

BT~  That sucks about the food stamps.  You should ask your case worker if you can borrow $10 from her to tide you over.  I love being a smart-ass like that, lol!  Hopefully, you've calmed down a little, you're a trooper, I know it!  Here's the link to "My Curse" by Killswitch Engage.  And beware GFs, if you aren't a Metalhead you will think BT and I are a couple of freaks, lol!  But I love a great guitar shredding.......Enjoy, BT!  I can't figure out if that's you or me in the video, lol!  :D  (Ooooooh, girl, check out her boots at the end when she's laying down, lol!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iPW9AbRMwFU

Tendai, I thought the same thing about Blessed last week, her avatar said "8-1/2 months and counting" so its got to be right about now.

Wishful, you are only 31 GF, its not a mid-life crisis, its life.  Roll with it and keep your chin up.  Good luck with the new contraceptives if you choose to go on them.  I think they are called "Seasonale."

Drag, Cam, Cristy, QUEEN, confused, sun, win........where are you girls?

Stay warm!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 09:15:44 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 07:00:25 pm »
Cin, you go girl!  I'm so glad you got the job you wanted!  Do you remember when you were kind of down and I told you that you had good Karma?  See?!  I will look at the link later though; I'm listening to downloaded music right now.  Some old Ted Nugent's on right now; and although I disagree with his stance politically etc., I do love his music. 

Yes, Cin and I like metal.  I like all kinds of music.  I like some old school stuff, and really luv the blues.  I can also be found sometimes listening to classical.  I used to play the piano and I loved to play 'Fur Elise.' 

Not much else to report.  It's only 11 degrees here (and dropping).  I went to a food bank today and got some brownie mix.  So at least I have chocolate.(Yes, I got brownie mix at the food pantry).  So I'm set for tonight.  Have a good one-

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 08:25:19 pm »
Hi Girls

Good news, I got my lab results back and everything looks good, I am still undetectable and my CD4's are nearing 800.  So now I maybe able to sleep tonight.  I have been really stressed out and have to say that after reading some of these post in some of the other threads and it freaked me out to hear that other people were not doing as well as I wished they were.  I am also glad to hear about the new study that was posted on the front of this site.  The study about being undetectable and on meds its less likely to be transmitted.  So that is good news, now we just have to get this information out to the public so everyone will know and maybe people will not be so afraid to be with people that are positive.

Well, I have not had my date with that guy yet.  We will call him Cop #3.  Cope #3 has been sick and I had not heard from him in a day in a half.  So finally today I left him a message that I was getting worried.   He sent me a text back and said that he was still sick and got some bad news from his doctor.  When I asked if he wanted to talk he never texted me back, so now I am starting to get worried.

Today I had lunch with my friend and we were talking about my man situation or lack of situation in finding a guy that will worship me and treat me the way I should be treated.  After we went to lunch went to Costco to make an exchange and this guy who helped was very nice and I thanked him for helping me, then he said since he helped me that I had to go to dinner with him.  He then handed me his business card and said to give him a call and the he was Mr. Excitement.  Well, I told him that he better be Mr. Excitement if he wanted to hang out with me.  So when I got in the parking lot I called and left him a message saying that I am a little old fashion and if he would like to go out he could call me and here was my number.  So if he calls cool, and if not good boost to the ego. 

[GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW JOB CINDY][/move]

Cindy- Good news about the job.  Sorry to hear about your neck and back problems.  I have horrible neck problems myself.  I just ordered these things on Amazon called Magic Balls, no they are not the magic balls that the Latin Lover or Iceman have but they are for your neck and back.  My massage therapist and my chiropractor told me about them.  So they should be here to more, they are suppose to relief the stress and hit your pressure points.  I will let you know if they work. 

Betty- Stay warm, that is damn cold where ever you are at.  I won't complain about it being in the 40's   here in California.

Vivyt- Sorry for the delay in answering your questions I live near San Francisco, but closer to Monterey.  We are really not that far away, about 5 hours by car.  If you are ever up for a road trip we can meet half way and meet at some nice spa and pamper ourself.

Wishful- Wow culinary school, I always thought if I got out of law enforcement I would love to open a bakery.  I love to cook and bake.  I would like to take some classes and get in tune with my cake decorating skills.  Where are you thinking of going to school?  Not sure where you live, but San Francisco has an excellent culinary school.   

Well, good to be back posting, I have had horrible PMS and have been stressing about my results so I am glad everything is shaping up.

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 08:26:55 pm »
Ok sorry tried to get that damn marquee thing to work when I was trying to tell Cindy congrats on the new job.  Can anyone tell me how this works.  please

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 09:18:20 pm »
Congratulations Moonlight on your new job.  Hope that it works out well for you. I think I would like the catered lunch part.                        Betty, chocolate is our friend. Try to stay warm and bake those brownies ,  yum.                                                                               SS, your numbers sound really great. Hope the guy calls you. Going out is fun.                      Wishful, cooking school sounds like fun. I  would love to be a pastry chef but would  have to test everything for quality.      Not much going on here. I will not be going on a second date with my local guy and I told the one from SC that I had lost interest. So no potential dates. I would love to go out more but am trying to make friends with a couple girls at work so we could have playdates for the kids and maybe ladies night out sometime for the Mommies.   Not much interested in dating but want some people to hang out with. There are always my books if I need to escape.                 Just wanted to check in. Hope everyone is happy, warm and safe. Later, Cristy                                                                                             

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 09:27:57 pm »
I just ordered these things on Amazon called Magic Balls, no they are not the magic balls that the Latin Lover or Iceman have but they are for your neck and back. 

OMG, I had a good BELLOWing laugh when I read about the magic balls, oh yes, my man HAS them..... ;)

Watch out for Mr. Excitement, he's sounds a little fishy......get that taser ready, GF!   :o

Cristy, GF!  No dates?  OK, I'll let you off easy this time......but I DO admire your wanting to be social with the Mommies.  :)

BT, now you have me wanting brownies!  Goodness, can you FedEx me some?   :P

Have to go to bed so I can go in and resign tomorrow.  Not looking forward to it, but Iceman says not to feel bad.  They sent me home two days last week with no notice, so wtf, right?  I am so damn sentimental......I'll probably cry tomorrow, lol.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 09:30:01 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 07:06:23 am »
Good morning ladies-
Yeah, I'm up way too early.  But I had a very disturbing dream that woke me up & I couldn't get back to sleep.

Sun, that dude you met at the store sounds like a slickster to me.  My brother has a name for those type of guys-flim-flammers.  Just be careful.  Of course, you're in law enforcement, so you can probably get your hands on some pretty good defense tools should need be.  What do you do exactly again?

Cristy, no more dates with the guy?  May I ask why?  I'm not judging you.  I'm glad you want to have a social life with the mums. 

Cin, I would fed-ex you some brownies, but they're almot all gone. :o  Well, a friend came over last night so I guess I can blame part of it on her, even though she only ate one.  I love chocolate and the whole trip to the food pantry was worth it just to get that mix! 

Tonight in my Ethics class we're going to be discussing 'abortion' & 'euthenasia.'  I have a very decided stance on both.  I believe in a woman's right to choose & I believe that people should die with dignity.  I know it's a very grey area and people who aren't in the middle can be pretty crazy about it sometimes.  Hopefully things won't get too heated.  Alright ladies, have a good one.  I'm sure I'll be checking in again today.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 08:40:17 am »
Ladies,

It's awfully windy and dark here, I have to leave for the dentist soon and am hardly working. Not fun to be on a bike in this weather!

Cindy - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! isn't it amazing how things work out!!! I knew you wouldn't stay in your current job for long. I am so happy for you.

I am tense over work issues, but don't want to get into it now. Fuckit.

Cristy, sad to hear things didn't work out for you. Is it because of disclosure? hope you're not too disappointed.

Wishful, nice to see you around.

Sun, "Mr. Excitement" huh? That's kind of funny, depending on whether he was seriously smooth or just jokingly smooth, hard to say really. It's so hard to know upfront.

Abortion and euthensia are both widely accepted here (Holland). It is the GP that performs euthenasia actually, and it is a common thing.
I can't say I liked having an abortion when I had it, but it is an important right, it's "hot" in the States always, but here nobody debates over it anymore. Even in Spain which is strongly influenced by the church or in Israel, which doesn't really seperate religion and government, you can easily get an abortion paid for by the state health system. There is a little red tape but in reality, no one is refused an abortion if they want it. It's still illegal in Portugal, Ireland and some Eastern European countries I believe, though might be wrong.

To me, debating abortion is like debating women's right to vote - it seems undebatable, you know what I mean?
I am not necessarily for abortion as in what I would recommend to a friend, but for the right for it. I think any woman's who's had one, knows how serious a descision that is. It's not something that is done lightly.

Hope you ladies have a great day, wherever you are.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2008, 02:14:32 pm »
Snowangel, how rude of me: welcome to the forums!

You must excuse my bad manners, I usually write from work when I am all over the place.

Hope to hear more from you.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2008, 02:27:07 pm »
Sorry I wasnt paying attention to the names again. Welcome to AIDSmeds Snow.

I like wearing heels if they dont hurt my feet. Because I feel like a giant and can look over most peoples heads. LOL
I'd rather walk everywhere in house shoes though.  ;D

Wendy

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 06:46:11 pm »
Hi all. I have been popping in and reading. I just don't have a lot to add. I've been hoping to see a post from Queen. I'm guessing no one has heard from her still. Hopefully she'll be around soon. Congratulations on the job Cindy. I'm looking myself so I know how glad you are to be done looking. I hope everyone has a great day.
08/13/07 - Diagnosis confirmed
08/30/07 - T-cells 400, VL 6,500 (Baseline)
11/30/07 - T-cells 428, VL 9,950

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 08:55:40 pm »
Hi GFs~

Man oh man, is Queen going to have a lot to read when she returns!  LOL  Any day now, GF..........

I went into work at 7am today and expected my boss to arrive at 730am.  My friend from training who happened to get a spot next to me in cubicle world was out today.  She is the only one who knew I was going on an interview.  I didn't see her yesterday or today, so I didn't get to say goodbye.  I left her a note with my cell # though.  I'll miss her.

Anyway, I kept walking clear across cubicle world to go speak with my boss, 3x in a half hour, and she came in late, lol.  I was so nervous, but I went up with a big smile on my face and said, "I've been offered a permanent position and I need to resign."  She is the coolest, she was happy for me, and with us temps, I know she sees people come and go all of the time.  We talked for about 15 minutes and then I went and made my rounds to say good-bye to a few friends I had made.  They were very surprised that I was leaving.  As in leaving right now.  I worked for an hour today and packed up my things and left.

I went shopping at Target and called my local recruiter and my new boss, saying I would take them up on the offer to start Monday instead of tomorrow.  We are supposed to get a bunch of ice and crap tonight and tomorrow morning, and I want a few days rest.  My neck is enjoying the relaxation.

By 1045am today, Cheech and I were at Iceman's house, we arrived while he was away at work.  I got to play Guitar Hero on his gargantuan TV and watched my soap (AMC), just chilled out and enjoyed the quiet.  Ahhhhhh.

Iceman came home at 4pm with about 20 colossal shrimp from the store and we peeled and ate them in record time.  Yum!  We made linguine for dinner and have been watching the Caps game (NHL).  Iceman has invited me to a game next Friday night -- he got free tix through work from a former Capital player!

So, I had a half day last Tues and went in for my first interview, I was off yesterday and went in for my second interview and got the job.  I worked for an hour this morning, off Friday through Sunday.

Life is good.  Oh, and Saturday, Groundhog Day, is Cheech's 14th birthday (yaaaaaaaaaay!  :D, and also three months for Iceman and I.  He keeps asking me how he got so lucky, and I ask him the same thing in return.  Sweet.   :)

Have a good night, all...........BT stay safe in that crap that is falling out your way!

~ Cindy

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.