Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:05:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 217
Total: 218

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Nutrition, Wumpette Style  (Read 1621725 times)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
Re: Nutrition, Wumpette Style
« Reply #250 on: January 26, 2012, 02:11:14 am »
Speaking of the ultimate in restaurant nastiness -- did you ever dare eat at a Tad's Steaks in NYC? I'm not even sure if they still exist, but they were there in the late 80's early 90's and one day a friend and I made a big dare to go eat there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUjk8MzBIv8

Oh, and they had wine by the glass on the buffet line covered with shrink wrap -- CLASSY!

Hell to the naw; it's always looked too cheap a dive to me.  My cousins say it is supposedly good, but I don't trust their taste when it comes to food.   Oh, and that pre-served wine with plastic wrap is just tacky and nasty.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #251 on: January 26, 2012, 07:44:04 pm »
Also, can I just say O.M.G.! I had two frozen White Castle cheeseburgers five hours ago and ever since have been plagued by the worst Norvir related anal leakage -- skidmarks for days and the most horrendous gas. I finally pushed out two turds that looked like they came out of a corpse.

ANYone who eats frozen cheeseburgers deserves this, I dont care if they are White Castle. Seriously hon, I thought you were better than that.

-Dissapointed Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #252 on: January 26, 2012, 07:48:34 pm »
When I lived in Brooklyn for a decade I had a White Castle a mere two blocks from me. The frozen ones taste remarkably like the non-frozen ones. And those also give you diarrhea -- that's why they're called "sliders" you know. They slide down your throat and immediately out your ass.

I'm convinced that they put baby laxative in them, like cheap cut cocaine.

Don't believe me?

ps: Texas doesn't even have White Castle so stfu
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:52:01 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #253 on: January 26, 2012, 08:20:04 pm »

Don't believe me?

ps: Texas doesn't even have White Castle so stfu

From your link: "Strongest Laxative know to man" LOL

And I'm pretty sure Ive seen those hideous things here in the frozen section at my local HEB. I still dont understand how a man with an elitist palate such as yours would even consider put a frozen burger in your mouth...what's next frozen Tony's Party Pizzas?
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #254 on: January 26, 2012, 08:45:11 pm »

I still dont understand how a man with an elitist palate such as yours would even consider put a frozen burger in your mouth...what's next frozen Tony's Party Pizzas?

Sugar, there's an art to slumming. And you should be impressed that these were purchased at a convenience store which (strangely) next to Lacoste and two stores down from Tiffany's. And Armani is across the street.

And if you don't believe me look this up using street view on google maps:    1424 Walnut St  Philadelphia, PA 19103

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #255 on: January 26, 2012, 09:57:12 pm »
Look, Willy!!

Taco Bell now offers breakfast in your area.  Looks delish.

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2012, 10:11:12 pm »
Oh girl, and did you hear that Burger King is beginning to have home delivery? REJOICE!

And another thing, I haven't had food delivered to my apartment since 2005.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:12:56 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2012, 10:44:44 pm »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2012, 10:55:53 pm »
... if you think your food should look like origami

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2012, 11:23:18 pm »
... if you think your food should look like origami

Honestly it just needs some grits on there too

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #260 on: January 26, 2012, 11:23:31 pm »
Oh girl, and did you hear that Burger King is beginning to have home delivery? REJOICE!

And another thing, I haven't had food delivered to my apartment since 2005.

Poor BK. They're trying so hard to rescue their failing chain. I fear they won't be around in five years time.  The debacle began when they chose that creepy character as their mascot.  Too bad, cause out of the three grease-fest chains I think they are not "as bad".

That actually looks alright

Chile, please.  You should know better.  Doesn't your family own a diner or something of that sort?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2012, 12:09:30 pm »

That is sooo 2 weeks ago.

Poor BK. They're trying so hard to rescue their failing chain. I fear they won't be around in five years time.  The debacle began when they chose that creepy character as their mascot.  Too bad, cause out of the three grease-fest chains I think they are not "as bad".

The mascot looks like something out of a Stephen King Book. He wouldnt be so bad if they would get rid of that "I just killed 3 people" face on him. I actually love the whopper and prefer their flame broiling over the others hot stovetop cooking.

oh, btw , has anyone been to a Jack In The Box lately? They now have gotten rid of the front counter help and replaced them with machines. You order your food and pay on the machines and it spits out a receipt and you go and wait for your food. It was quite interesting, although I must say I miss the gum cracking, nail filing, rude and disinterested high schoolers behind the counter. Now if they could only get the machine to roll it's eyes or tell me to go fuck myself it would be perfect.

-Will
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:11:21 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2012, 12:16:33 pm »
In Santa Fe New Mexico the min-wage is 10 to 12 dollars an hr. now they wanna rise that to 15 to 18 dollars an hr.  WAY TO GO Santa Fe, NM, all you other queers in your poor ass States are  lagging behind....get with the program  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2012, 12:25:37 pm »
I never eat at BK. At least where I live the clientele at their locations leaves me wanting. Oh, and get this -- there are two BK's downtown within a block of each other.

I used to go to Wendy's but haven't been in years. Once Five Guys opened downtown with two locations it's the only burger I will indulge. Until I discovered this that is...

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2012, 12:37:36 pm »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2012, 12:44:41 pm »
I never eat at BK.

Of course you havent. You would rather eat frozen hamburgers in your apartment with your swampass and rotchy crotch.  ;D

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2012, 12:46:03 pm »
This is soooo cute...get one next time you go.

They also have the option for Truffle Fries there. Beverly Hills DARLING!

Ya know, maybe I'll go in there this afternoon after my sixth medical appointment of the week. The lunch crowd will have died down by then.

Offline denb45

« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2012, 12:47:14 pm »
Of course you havent. You would rather eat frozen hamburgers in your apartment with your swampass and rotchy crotch.  ;D

can you say anti-fungal cream  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #268 on: January 27, 2012, 12:51:25 pm »

Actually I just had a delightful pain au chocolate aux amandes and Chemex-brewed  Nicaraguan coffee, while simultaneously watching A Monster Inside of Me by Dark Alley Media (link to that would be BANNED!)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2012, 02:00:32 pm »
Actually I just had a delightful pain au chocolate aux amandes and Chemex-brewed  Nicaraguan coffee, while simultaneously watching A Monster Inside of Me by Dark Alley Media (link to that would be BANNED!)

How classy of you.  I'm sure you used the imported poppers as you reached the film's dénouement.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #270 on: January 27, 2012, 03:40:50 pm »
You want classy girl? I just scored some nitrite-free applewood double-smoked bacon (only 7 slices -- take that Paula Deen!) and free range pastured hen's eggs (thank you, farm-to-table movement).

Dinner, however, will be grilled lamb merguez, roasted potatoes, and arugula with purple carrots and blood orange vinaigrette. And I'll open a bottle of Cataregia Gran Reserva (Tempranillo/Cabernet, Spain)

ps: I skipped that 500degrees cheeseburger and truffle fries for lunch :) I'll have hot water and cigarettes instead -- it's the diet I picked up from Jean Doumanian when she was a client in the mid-90's :) omg i just name dropped for dayzzzzz
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:42:47 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2012, 03:57:46 pm »
lamb merguez

You named your Lamb Merquez ? you are classy !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2012, 04:05:44 pm »
Wow, this is definitely the best bacon I've ever had in my life.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2012, 04:56:22 pm »
Wow, this is definitely the best bacon I've ever had in my life.

I have been buying a applewood bacon from Aldi's to use when I stuff portabella mushrooms to grill . Its cheap and people always ask where I got it . I think its only like $3.99 for sixteen thick slices .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2012, 05:31:46 pm »
I have been buying a applewood bacon from Aldi's to use when I stuff portabella mushrooms to grill . Its cheap and people always ask where I got it . I think its only like $3.99 for sixteen thick slices .   

Mine was twice as expensive for half the slices... what's that tell you? It was outlandish and I doubt I will ever do it again, but I'd read how good it was and wanted to try it. This was farmer's market stuff, not supermarket, and came direct from a farm in York, PA.

Offline denb45

« Reply #275 on: January 27, 2012, 06:03:47 pm »
I'm I the only one in here that likes to eat goat meat?

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Factsheets/Goat_from_Farm_to_Table/index.asp

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2012, 06:11:25 pm »
I love goat, and have a small bit of it in my freezer. It's quite lean and better for you as meat goes. I've had a bit of it from Latin American places. There's a Mexican place here I go that does a great braised goat with scallions. And whenever I was in San Juan there was a great "jibaro style" (read: country food, or really mountain food) restaurant that I would regularly order stewed goat.

As long as you live somewhere with an ethnically diverse population you should have no problem locating a place to buy it, just won't find it at Walmart.

Offline denb45

« Reply #277 on: January 27, 2012, 06:55:12 pm »

As long as you live somewhere with an ethnically diverse population you should have no problem locating a place to buy it, just won't find it at Walmart.

We have a Talin international market place here in ABQ, I go there @ least once a month, lots of international  delights  to behold in that place  :P

http://www.talinmarket.com/info.html

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #278 on: January 27, 2012, 09:57:58 pm »
I'm I the only one in here that likes to eat goat meat?

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Factsheets/Goat_from_Farm_to_Table/index.asp

yum, Cabrito on the Hoof....you cant swing a dead cat in these parts without hitting a Cabrito Taco  ;)

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #279 on: January 27, 2012, 10:29:46 pm »
Now this is definitely nutrition Wumpette's style.

This young girl collapsed and wound up at the hospital after a lifetime diet of nothing but delicious chicken nuggets.  Talk about eating garbage for years. 

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2012, 10:35:14 pm »
Now this is definitely nutrition Wumpette's style.

This young girl collapsed and wound up at the hospital after a lifetime diet of nothing but delicious chicken nuggets.  Talk about eating garbage for years.

LOL! holy crap. Mc Nuggets are full of Silicone and Butane? WHY DIDNT someone tell me? ...

Aside from chicken and oil, those “stabilizers and preservatives” are said to include dimethylpolysiloxane, a form of silicone also used in cosmetics. Another additive is tertiary butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), a form of butane. According to one report, chicken is only about 50 percent of a McNugget; the remainder is a mixture of corn-derived ingredients, sugars and synthetic substances

I must admit that ever since McD's came ot with the new Sweet-Chili dipping sauce I've increased my nugget intake, but not horribly bad only about twice in the past 10 days.

But no more, I draw the line at Butane in my food ???
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2012, 10:42:11 pm »
I detest that mysterious mixture of chicken lips and asses.  It doesn't take a degree in biological sciences to see that those "nuggets" ain't made with real chikin.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2012, 10:47:59 pm »
I detest that mysterious mixture of chicken lips and asses.  It doesn't take a degree in biological sciences to see that those "nuggets" ain't made with real chikin.

lol. It aint Soft serve ice cream...

also, thought your nuggets were looking back at ya? probably ....seems there are chicken eyes in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67DvoH2H3E
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2012, 11:40:46 pm »
I thought everyone knew about Chicken McNuggets by now... this picture appears somewhere on facebook every 3 seconds:

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2012, 11:43:51 pm »
Looks like some low quality ice cream.  The kind that Wilhemina eats at Dairy Queen.  Only that this one (as he noted himself) has eyes, bone fragments, sphincters, beaks, etc.  Le yum!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2012, 11:54:53 pm »
Just remember, all she wants is that new Sweet-Chili dipping sauce 8)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #286 on: January 28, 2012, 12:11:17 am »
When I go to Mc Dees I always get the chicken breast sandwich , the one that's plain with one pickle . I always get the chicken nuggets for my bulldog but even she has been turning her nose up at them lately . Its pretty scary when my dog is reluctant to eat them , made me think twice before I eat them .     
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #287 on: January 28, 2012, 12:51:02 pm »
When I go to Mc Dees I always get the chicken breast sandwich , the one that's plain with one pickle . I always get the chicken nuggets for my bulldog but even she has been turning her nose up at them lately . Its pretty scary when my dog is reluctant to eat them , made me think twice before I eat them .   

Especially frightening for an animal that consider poop a delicacy.  She's warning you.  They don't call them "mans best friend" for nothing.

Joe

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2012, 07:03:38 pm »
Since it's Transfusion Tuesday(mom) I was at the hospital all day, and thought I would share my scrumptious Hospital lunch...Salad, Chicken strips and fries with a side of Hot RN's  ;D mmm-mmmm good.

and btw, I'm having pancakes for dinner so fuck yall.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline denb45

« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2012, 07:13:55 pm »

Isn't there anything you don't eat that's dyed, fried and lay to the side.....

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2012, 07:21:23 pm »

Isn't there anything you don't eat that's dyed, fried and lay to the side.....

uhh HELLO....there's a salad in that picture also.  :P

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2012, 07:22:09 pm »
Tonight I'm making pancetta with ciriole ternane pasta and grated pecorino pepato (peppercorn) cheese in a condensed tuscan herb butter sauce.

I was also at the hospital today for pre-surgery testing but did not indulge in the cafetaria.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2012, 07:26:58 pm »
Tonight I'm making pancetta with ciriole ternane pasta and grated pecorino pepato (peppercorn) cheese in a condensed tuscan herb butter sauce.

I was also at the hospital today for pre-surgery testing but did not indulge in the cafetaria.

ENGLISH PLEASE! so I dont ahve to google...are we talking about spaghetti?

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline denb45

« Reply #293 on: January 31, 2012, 07:30:48 pm »

uhh where, that aint no dam salad, that aint nothing but some shelled pasta soaked in grease  ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #294 on: January 31, 2012, 07:42:20 pm »
ENGLISH PLEASE! so I dont ahve to google...are we talking about spaghetti?

Well no, it's a slightly different type of pasta -- thicker and square rather than thinner and round. I'll assume that's all you know...

Offline Hoover

« Reply #295 on: January 31, 2012, 08:25:01 pm »
We pressure cooked some bones for the dogs and made beef stew out of the broth.
So we are eating leftover dog food..... Yummy.

Hoover and the cook
Infection date: March 16, 2010
20/05/10 - CD4 348  VL 58,000  Lymph nodes in jaw painful!  Antioxidants started.
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
24/06/10 - CD4 578  VL 9,800
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?
01/11/10 - CD4 710  VL?   CD8 972
16/12/10    CD4 738  VL?  CD8  896   
02/02/11    CD4 520 (month of parasites and new lab)
14/03/11 started Truvida and Sustiva (Efavirenz)
04/07/11 CD4 686 VL 75 CD8 588  41%
10/10/11 CD4 757  45%  VL UD

Offline wolfter

« Reply #296 on: February 01, 2012, 09:26:33 am »

Is that a side of bacon greese with a little sausage and flour added for texture?  My arteries hardened just looking at that paste. ;D

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #297 on: February 01, 2012, 12:45:07 pm »
I made Wumpy some dessert for tonight

ps: if you don't care for that then allow me to present a local fave, the cheesesteak cookie!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:49:33 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline denb45

« Reply #298 on: February 01, 2012, 12:49:23 pm »
I made Wumpy some dessert for tonight

Looks almost like teh real thang........ahh the memories  ;D

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #299 on: February 01, 2012, 12:52:48 pm »
They are adorable.  You should market this.  Do they have a fishy taste? 

The cookie nearly made me vomit.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.