Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:58:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 348
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Memorial Service..Mexico city  (Read 6843 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Memorial Service..Mexico city
« on: April 25, 2008, 01:12:30 am »
Hi Everyone

As you know the Memorial service has become a big part of our AMG..I've had the privilage of being involved with two of them and I'm more than happy to be a part of it again...but if there is anyone one who would like to be the one to do the honors this year or if you want to nominate someone then please put the names here so we can vote on it so we can start planning for our next Memorial service...thank you.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
Re: Memorial Service..Mexico city
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 01:04:55 pm »
Jan you did such a great job I would be very hesitant to elect anyone else.....are we spoiled  or what???

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 04:49:38 pm »
Thank you Nick..but believe me when Alan and I were nominate by you guys to do the Memorial Service's it was such a great honor for us, it was a wonderful experience (I'm sure Alan won't mind me speaking on his behalf).

Thinking about it, I don't thik we need to put it to a vote..if this is something you would like to take part in please put your own name forward or nominate someone you would like see take part  and we will take it from there...I know we still have 4 months to go but sometimes planning the service can take time.

It just wanted you all to know I'm quite happy to do it again, but if someone else would like to do it then I would be more than happy help them out if needed.

Hugs

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 07:35:26 pm »
IMHO, Dame Jan and Alan have brought the best there is to this Corwn Jewel of AMG.  Having said this, I move that nominations be closed.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 05:56:38 pm »
It's been moved and seconded that all nominations be closed.

Any objections?

Hearing none we'll move to an immediate vote.

All those in favor of Dame Jan and Alan being the nominees for planning this year's Memorial Service say aye.

(The room bursts out in a thundering response.)

All those opposed say nay.

(Silence)

The motion carries unanimously.

Now, on to other new business.

RAB

(Who somewhat recalls his knowledge of "Roberts Rules of Order".   :P)

Edited to correct a technicality, we weren't actually voting on who'd do the memorial service, we're voting on closing the nominations.  Same thing in my mind,  but edited for the bitchy members.   ::)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 06:22:30 pm by RAB »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 06:47:50 pm »
Uh, I think Alan said that he was not attending this year.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 07:42:39 pm »
Dear philly,

Whether Alanbama attends this year or not, he writes prayers that are inspired through his heart and supported by the hand of God.  Trust me, last year I read one of his prayers at the Memorial Service in San Francisco and Alan was able to be at the service.  I read his prayer only once privately and Alan's words took over my tongue.  He and Dame Jan are the absolute best!!!

With all my love and utmost respect, Ric

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 09:52:23 pm »
My apologies Ric -- I thought the intention was that the person speak at the service, as far as the thread goes.  Certainly I look forward to hearing Alan's words.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 12:47:48 am »
It's been moved and seconded that all nominations be closed.

Any objections?

Hearing none we'll move to an immediate vote.

All those in favor of Dame Jan and Alan being the nominees for planning this year's Memorial Service say aye.

(The room bursts out in a thundering response.)

All those opposed say nay.

(Silence)

The motion carries unanimously.

Now, on to other new business.

RAB

You are totally mad ..you do realise that.. don't you?... ;)

Love and hugs

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 02:08:43 pm »
It's true, I will only be with you in "spirit" this year, I'm taking a year off from AMG to attend to other priorities.

I do have a fabulous idea for a memorial though, which I will pm Jan about and see what she thinks.

hugs to all,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline mjmel

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 07:34:23 pm »
It's true, I will only be with you in "spirit" this year, I'm taking a year off from AMG to attend to other priorities.
hugs to all,

Alan

I am really, really upset about this. Screw the tires!
Drive on bald ones!  :D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.