Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:39:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 352
Total: 354

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dr. Caravantes  (Read 17348 times)

Offline chadnla

• Relaxed in SoCal
Dr. Caravantes
« on: December 21, 2009, 03:14:01 pm »
Has anyone used him before for facial injections?  He's located in Tijuana but I've heard his name mentioned many times.

Thanks
"I do not believe in a fate that will fall on us no matter what we do. I do believe in a fate that will fall on us if we do nothing."

bigcalves09

Re: Dr. Caravantes
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 06:37:23 pm »
Dr. "Casavantes" is excellent. I live on the East Coast, and have used him twice last year. He is extremely knowledgeable and has a great reputation.  I am very happy with the results of the pmma injections, his office is very clean, and the procedure was pretty painless. Good luck. :)

Offline allanq

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 07:14:55 pm »
Dr. Casavantes injected PMMA into my face a little over three years ago, when he was still working at the Clinica Estetica in Tijuana. I had two separate sessions. He did an outstanding job, and I'm still very pleased with the results. Prior to that I had four Sculptra treatments, but they didn't last more than about six months.

I highly recommend Dr. Casavantes. He's a very caring and skilled doctor. You can arrange through his office to have a van pick you up at the San Diego airport to take you directly to his office. At the time I used this service, it cost $25 each way. Dr. Casavantes is an American citizen and speaks perfect English, as do the members of his staff. If you need to stay the night, there are a couple of very nice and safe hotels that are nearby.

Allan

Offline Texgymrat

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 05:07:13 pm »
I went for my touch up on Jan. 8, 2010.  My first session was on Sept. 30, 2009.  The staff is great and Dr. Cassavantes does outstanding work.  I am very happy with the results.  It is now $100 for a roundtrip from airport or any hotel in San Diego to be driven to the clinic.  It is the best way---no worries and getting across border seems a lot faster and easier.  The drivers were right on time every time.  The office is up to date and very clean.  Dr. Cassavantes really examines and discusses with you where he will put the filler and why.  His assistants and reception staff are very friendly and always helpful.  Please contact me if you want any other info.

Offline mercuryman

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 08:52:09 am »
Texgymrat.....or anyone else who's had the PMMA (New Plastic) facial injections by Dr Casavanantes......

I had my first session on Jan 08, 2010. I was wondering what to expect between now and my second session? The initial swelling has gone away and my face looks better than before. I was curious if my face would "plump up" more between now and my second session (probably late March). Any input from those who have had this procedure done would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Texgymrat

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 12:47:59 pm »
My experience was that the plumpness decreases after the swelling decreasing to where it settles at some point.  The doctor says it stabilizes after 6 weeks and that was pretty much the timeframe for me.  I retook pics and resubmitted to the office at that time.  I could see where it took and the areas where a little more was needed.  Dr. Casavantes was very careful not to overdo the filler in the first treatment.  I told him I did not want squirrel cheeks and he successfully avoid that for me.

Offline mewithu

• mewithu
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 03:20:14 pm »
I haven't but I know a friend who did after about two trips he looks like a different person.
1997 is when I found out, being deathly ill. I had to go to the hospital due to extreme headache and fever. I fell coma like,  two months later weighing 95 pounds and in extreme pain and awoke to knowledge of Pancreatis, Cryptococcal Meningitis, Thrush,Severe Diarea,  Wasting, PCP pneumonia. No eating, only through tpn. Very sick, I was lucky I had good insurance with the company I worked for. I was in the hospital for three months that time. 
(2010 Now doing OK cd4=210  VL= < 75)
I have become resistant to many nukes and non nukes, Now on Reyataz, , Combivir. Working well for me not too many side effects.  I have the wasting syndrome, Fatigue  . Hard to deal with but believe it or not I have been through worse. Three Pulmonary Embolism's in my life. 2012 520 t's <20 V load

Offline mewithu

• mewithu
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 03:21:21 pm »
In a good way you know, that he looks good.
1997 is when I found out, being deathly ill. I had to go to the hospital due to extreme headache and fever. I fell coma like,  two months later weighing 95 pounds and in extreme pain and awoke to knowledge of Pancreatis, Cryptococcal Meningitis, Thrush,Severe Diarea,  Wasting, PCP pneumonia. No eating, only through tpn. Very sick, I was lucky I had good insurance with the company I worked for. I was in the hospital for three months that time. 
(2010 Now doing OK cd4=210  VL= < 75)
I have become resistant to many nukes and non nukes, Now on Reyataz, , Combivir. Working well for me not too many side effects.  I have the wasting syndrome, Fatigue  . Hard to deal with but believe it or not I have been through worse. Three Pulmonary Embolism's in my life. 2012 520 t's <20 V load

Offline mercuryman

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 08:09:03 pm »
Thanks for your replies......best of luck to you......and thank goodness for Dr. Casavantes!  :)

Offline aguilarbos

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 11:13:29 am »
 :-\ Im goin to see Dr Casavantes This month Im worried about if this will work for me i have loss my chin and my face  it does not look good, i feel rejected by people i have been infected with the virus 14 years now and im only 37 years of age any help from anyone i would apreciated very much any comments  please
im really down because i try to find the right dr so they can help me out
Anybody know how much the session cost? please help help help help

thank you guyz.

Offline hoosier69

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 05:54:20 pm »
I seen Dr. Casavantes twice last year.   If anyone can help he can!   They informed me via E mail & over the phone what to expect & how much it would cost long before I went so their were no surprises.   
     If you have questions for him just E mail his office.  info@drcasavantes.com

Offline panda

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 12:43:17 pm »
How about leggs ? I see al of you refers to face by my main issue is leggs .. Is it also workable for leggs ?

Offline Jose G

Dr. Caravantes versus Dr. Marcio Serra
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 01:06:23 pm »
Hi every one,

I am glad to see every one has good comments about Dr. Casavantes. My question is: What about affordability in terms of prices from doctor to doctor, is Dr. Marcio Serra worth the trip down to Rio since he is a lot cheaper than Dr. Casavantes?...I have gotten level 4 lipoatrophy face and glutes and would love to find out more about getting all this corrected...I have been very depressed for the longest time, have no social life and not working at the moment but need to see myself looking better for my own sanity.
I live in Montreal, anybody from Canada wanting to go down to Rio or to the best, more affordable location?
Thanks a lot for your replies, I am new here.
Great Health to all,
Jose G.

Offline whally

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 12:46:20 pm »
I heard that Dr. Kennedy in Salt Lake City does the various treatments and more.  He is an artist for sure the guy I saw was transformed. I guess the prices are really good...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.