Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:46:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 233
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread XXVIII: I love you, You love me...what else do we need?  (Read 55339 times)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Re: Dating Thread XXVIII: I love you, You love me...what else do we need?
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2008, 08:02:19 pm »
I've never seen a H&M. LOL
I'm about 20- 25 lbs heavier than what I consider my normal weight. The only thing I've done to manage my weight is I started trying to drink only one sugared drink a day. The rest is diet or tea with splenda.
Aside from that I still eat fairly unhealthy often LOL Just keeping it real...

I had a chocolate shake today and I stuffed my face this evening for dinner and I think I'm going to have another sugared soda.  :o

Yesterday I ate a candy bar. LOL

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2008, 09:07:01 pm »
The reason I like Goodwill and Salvation Army is that I can find really good quality clothes at reasonable prices.  I know they're more expensive than what they used to be; that's why I go to Goodwill on 1/2 off day.  The Salvation Armys here are pretty cheap.  I have to watch the clothes I get from them though; sometimes they have holes and tears.

Hey, I lost 10 lbs within the last 3 months, I believe it's from cutting way down on the sugar (to almost zero) and not snacking a lot in between meals.  But, I yo-yo with my weight, so it'll probably go back up.  I know I have a king-sized Hershey bar waiting for me as soon as I'm off here. ;)

Well, I'm still spotting.  This will make the 4th week.  But, Snow (I think that's who it was) said she bled for a month, then it stopped.  So, I'll give it a little more time. 

Nothing else happening.  Have a good evening ladies.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2008, 01:22:15 am »
I guess I should say good morning. Still have not heard anything else about the house...Grrrr. I did get the car title transfered into my name, so I drove for a bit and the damn car started overheating. Took the thermastat out but I think the fan is broke or the fuse blew to the fan. I have to get the car inspected next week but I can still drive up til then. But with it overheating like it is, I only go short distances.

Happy 4th of July. I really don't have anything planned but to stay around the house with my one roomie while she bbq. I think we are having steak, shrimp and corn on the cob. I got my demon kitty fixed, no more kittens. He was a bit wobbly from the pain shot but he is doing better. After awhile he started trying to jump Nefertiti again but it's almost like she knows he is fixed and willing to give him some now. I have to watch out for his stitches. He got all his shots but one. He'll get it next month, money willing.

Nice pics Wishful. You better enjoy the down time w/o the kids, they may just come back early. Sorry to hear about you and the young star's arguing but nothing beats make up sex. I hope things work out for you.

I'm sorry I can't seem to remember what everyone has been saying. Feels like I am getting forgetful or just too blazed, not sure which really... ;D But I just wanted to stop by and post. I know it will probably be majorly slow in here tomorrow. Enjoy the holiday, ladies...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2008, 06:28:52 am »
Good morning my sweeties!  It is a dull and dreary gray day with a forecast of more dreary and more gray mixed in with some rain.  But, it's going to be cooler, so I won't complain too much (at least not right now). 

Queen: have you checked the radiator fluid?  DON'T CHECK IT WHILE THE ENGINE IS HOT!  It will spray and burn.  If your radiator fluid is low, the car will overheat.  If you aren't sure how to check it, most gas stations will check it for free.  MMMMMM! steak and shrimp...slap on some extra for me.

Nothing much going on today.  I need to make some cornbread to bring to my parents' house today and sugar-free chocolate cupcakes to bring to their house tomorrow.  We'll head over there about 3pm - after everyone gets up from thier nap (including me).  I think we're going to go out for breakfast.  Yeah, Hubby is still kissing butt.  I'm not sore at him anymore, but I'm not going to complain about the kissing...lol.  The Blizzard was really good last night.  It had chunks of chocolate and Girl Scout thin mint cookies.  YUM!

Everyone have a great day and be safe.

Love to  you all,
 :-*Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2008, 07:45:42 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, I'm glad you've at least got the car running.  How far do you go before it overheats?

Mum, I've seen those Campfire girls DQ blizzards advertised.  They look really good.  I haven't had one yet (yet).

Today there's nothing going on.  Later, Alex is going to (hopefully) grill out some brats and corn; I also got some potato salad and watermelon.  I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.  I think Joe may be coming over.   Speaking of Alex.......I think I'm going to give him one or two more weeks, and then tell him that he needs to find somewhere else to go.  I can't support two people on disability.  I don't even want to.  I hate to sound selfisih, but that's my money and I need to watch it very closely.  Anyway, if my landlord or section 8 found out, I might lose my place to live. 

Well, I really don't have anything else to report right now.  I hope you ladies have a good morning.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2008, 09:18:09 am »
Good Morning ladies.   Welcome to the new ladies. It's basically one big family here and everyone is great.                                              Betty, I will be 36 on July 9th.   You know what  is best concerning Alex. I'm sure that disability barely supports 1 person, much less 2 and section 8 will pitch a fit. Hope all that works out for you. Maybe he will get more motivated if you give him a deadline.                                         Queen, glad you got tires and the title done for your car. Hope fully the overheating is something minor, like the radiator needs to be flushed or something simple like that.     I got my Nighty fixed a couple years ago and he doesn't seem to mind. He was mad at me for a couple months after though.   Sweet Girl is pregnant again. I hope she can carry them to term, she is so small, I am worried for her. As soon as the kittens are weaned, she gets fixed too.                    Wishful and Netta, love the pictures. They are great.                           I like to go to the Goodwill in Greensboro. I got a really cute summer dress but have been eating so much that it shows my fat belly. I also got a Liz Claiborne shirt for $3.00.  I got another dress but once I got it home, it's not very flattering. My mom says it looks like a old lady dress. Oh well, not like I am a spring chicken anymore.                                                                                    Vivyt, how do you do it. I have one 5 year old and he drives me nuts sometimes. I can't imagine a whole room full. You teachers are the best.                                                                                      Mum, go with hubby and make sure he gets the right stuff. If you want it done right, most of the time you must do it yourself.    I love that you ladies make clothes for your children. We mostly hit Walmart and wait for sales.     Hope everyone has a great 4th of July.     I have the day off and am just gonna be lazy.        TTYL. Cristy

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2008, 10:08:42 am »
Happy 4th to all Americans on this thread.

God bless America and help it rid of all backwardness & evil & greed.

Hope you all enjoy some delicious foods and great company with your families, friends, kids, pets and SOs.

I have been fluish, I knew I was coming down with something.

am at work but doing nothing much until they kick me out when the building closes.

I am sorry I haven't read everyone's posts yet, just wanted to stop by

Congrats on the wonderful months with Ice Cindy and on chilling more at your job

Good luck with the car & apat Queen

Glad you made up with Yungin Wish and dont let mr "big screen" push you anywhere you and the kids shouldnt be

hugs to you all
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline minismom

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2008, 03:12:41 pm »
Betty: I don't think you are being selfish at all, especially since if it can make you homeless.  If he's a real friend, he'll understand.  I think you've gone well out of your way to help in out, but no one can do everything.  I think you've been great and very patient and giving.  It's time for him to move on (just don't tell him until after he cooks ;))

Looks like our plans are changing.  My parents have a stream that runs acrossed, well under, part of their driveway.  So, part of the driveway, in essence, is a bridge over the stream.  Well, she just called as we were loading the kids into the car, to let us know that the stream has overflowed the bridge.  Our truck could probably make it, but we couldn't see if there were logs or rocks in the way.  Anyway, she said she'd call in about an hour to let us know if the stream has gone back down under the bridge.  I hope so.  She's got a ton of BBQ chicken in the crock pot and I've got a mound of cornbread..lol.

I'd better get the kiddies a snack just in case we can't get to Nana's until late.

Hope everyone is having a great 4th!
Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2008, 04:47:04 pm »
I hate to sound selfisih, but that's my money and I need to watch it very closely.  Anyway, if my landlord or section 8 found out, I might lose my place to live. 

It doesn't sound selfish to me. He is a grown man he should be taking care of himself.
Plus if your livelihood is in danger it is important to protect yourself.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2008, 06:01:29 pm »
Evening ladies,

Well, I ended up grilling the stuff (corn and brats) myself.  Alex left early with Joe to go to some family thing.  I asked him a couple days ago if he would grill today and he said yes.  So, fuck it; I did it myself.  I don't need a man to do the grilling (hee).   And I'm happy to report, it all turned out good and I'm still full.  I also had potato salad and I cut up a big, seedless watermelon.  The rest of it (watermelon) is in a pan in the fridge.

Mum and Wendy, you guys are right.  If I lost my section 8, I'd be screwed.  I'd end up in the homeless shelter.  I'm not sure if I'm going to tell him tonight or wait until the weekend is over.  But, it's going to be soon.  He should really be supporting himself.  He's going to be 49 in August for heaven's sake.  My best gay friend told me Alex is probably enjoying being taken care of.  I used to do that all the time (take care of broke/needy men).  I vowed to myself when I got clean this last time (2 & 1/2 years ago) that I wouldn't do it again.  Because there are several needy men (well, people) at NA meetings.  And I tend sometimes to be a caretaker.  After this, I'm not moving anyone else in.  OK, end of rant.

Mum, I hope you got to your mother's. 

Wendy, have you heard from Billy?  Did he make it o.k.?

I hope everyone is having a good 4th.  Drag, thanks for wishing us a good one.  Take care ladies.  I may be back later; if not, tomorrow.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2008, 08:01:19 pm »
Yeah, I've talked to him a few times today.

I even unknowingly gave his sisters a earful of how bad my temper can get. LOL I wasn't mad at Billy I was mad at Harold.
<the old man I take care of>
Harold was playing me and Billy like a kid does Mommy and Daddy and I called Billy yelling about it without realising I was on speaker phone.
After I was done with my rant he chuckles a little and says honey, I forgot when I answered the phone to tell you that the speaker phone was on. Then I could hear sisters giggling.

Kinda funny now, a little embarrassing then.  ;D

Offline vivyt

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2008, 10:29:29 pm »
Just a quick stop to say hello. Hope you all have a happy and safe Fourth of July!

Offline jshort

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2008, 10:35:48 pm »
Happy 4th Ladies.

Its days like this that make me think of the sacrafices our servicemen make everyday to ensure this countries independance. Not to mention, My man is an Infantry Gunner with the US Army. Im very proud to be with someone who has made such sacrafices for our country and have much respect for those families who tolerate the endless stream of bullshit military life brings. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!! ;D

Ok well Queen, Im sorry to hear your having car problems. Do you know anybody who can hook you up and look at it without charging you an arm and a leg?

Win-- at least they laughed. we all can have a temper sometimes dont be embarrssed, it happens.

Betty---im new and dont really know exactly what your situation is but i'm like you i tend to mother people. You need to be selfish sometimes. Nobodys going to do for you but you. Think of yourself, be good to yourself and dont sacrafice your well being for others.

well my day was ok. I just hung out with a friend of mine who recently had knee surgery. she needed some help because she really cant walk. I helped her with a few things and we just had some girl time w/o the husbands. it was nice. My boyfriend went to his friends house. I stayed home because i think the loud fireworks will scare the baby. I dont mind being home with him, hes asleep and its peaceful. Pluse im very tired today, my muscles ache for some reason. on that note im going to bed early. I hope you ladies had a great day.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2008, 11:07:06 pm »
I just got back from being out with my parents and two nieces, ages 6 and 7.  Mom was whining for wine the entire time, what else is new?  Dinner ended up being fun, I played with the girls, sitting in the booth in between them.  We went down to the city park to watch the fireworks and there was absolutely no breeze tonight.  The smoke from the fireworks covered up the full view of the rest they shot off.  It was kind of funny, "OK, everyone....BLOW!"  LMAO, JK   ;D  If the breeze picked up even the slightest bit then we would have had fireworks and not glowing smoke clouds, lol.  We went for ice cream, too.  I had Cake Batter flavor, that is my newest fave!

Iceman stayed home with his girls cause we had a lot of rain move through earlier, esp out his way.  Mum, did you make it across the bridge?  Oh, btw, I put down bricks to pave a walk a few years ago with an ex.  Had to fill in with sand and all sorts of stuff, so I feel your pain.  Sounds like the walkway will be beautiful when its done!  Are you psyched for Mexico City?  I can't believe you're going with Mini!  I guess I keep thinking it'll be a party 24/7, but perhaps not.  I know there will be some serious moments, too.  Maybe you and I can make it to the Fall mini gathering (ha ha MINI gathering...) in the South if it isn't too far.

Betty~  Glad to hear you have "full belly."  That's the best way to be.  Since I have checked in late, how long has your roomie been staying with you?  Can you charge any rent at all?  I suppose not or you would be doing that already....Hang in there and be firm!

Jshort~  My brother is in the Army, a gunner in Chinook helicopters, with 5 tours in Afghanistan to date.  He is on US soil this holiday, thank goodness.  Its his girls (my two nieces) that are here visiting.  I am so proud of my brother, he's awesome!

God Bless America and Our Freedom and Our Troops!

~ Cindy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:09:41 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2008, 07:10:17 am »
Morning ladies,

Jshort, it's always nice to have girl time.

Cin, "glowing smoke clouds," eh?  That's funny.  No, I'm not charging the person who's here any rent; he's not working.  I've been supporting him (well, all but the $40 he gave me a few weeks back).   I'm glad your brother's home right now.  Will he be able to stay here now?  5 tours seems more than enough. 

Well, last night I told Alex he has to leave by Tuesday.  He said he would.  He knows my situation and didn't give me any problems.  So I was thankful for that.  I told him the landlord called.  I know, I know, cheater's way out. But hey, it could have very well turned out that way.  My landlord is a stickler about letting other people live with his renters.  So, hopefully by Wednesday, I'll have the place to myself again.

I kept going outside last night because in my neighborhood, they were shooting off the big fireworks (the kind that go way up in the air and light up the sky).  It was pretty cool.  I don't know what time they stopped; I fell asleep probably a little after midnight.  People all around my apartment house were shooting them off.  A really big one went off and my cat, who was sitting in the kitchen looking out the door, took off so fast that she actually moved the rug I have sitting in front of my shoerack 1/2 way across the kitchen floor.  It was funny.  My poor cat.  She probably thought the Iraqis were here. :)

I'm going to wait for Liz to call today.  Hopefully she'll call before it gets too late this afternoon.  I really don't know why I'm up right now.  My eyes are still tired.  But, I'm up, so up I'll stay.  Mum, I hope you got to your cookout yesterday.  And I hope everyone else had a good 4th.  I'll be back later.  Take care ladies.

Oh Wendy, I'm glad you heard from Billy.  Funny story, btw.

Offline minismom

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2008, 08:16:23 am »
We ended up making it to my parents' house yesterday afternoon.  We had to drive over about 4 inches of water that was rushing over the top of the bridge, but all was well.  It was really cool outside, but the kids still wanted to swim, so we let them.  Poor things!  The water was freezing, but they refused to get out.  Hubby went in with them.  Today we're supposed to have less rain (hopefully, none) and we'll be going back to my parents' for mom's side of the family.  It's nice, I don't have to cook for a few days.  Tomorrow after church, we'll go back for leftovers.  Oh, before I forget, if any of you are near a Staples, they are having a HUGE sale tomorrow.  There's a whole bunch of stuff for a penny and 3-ring binders for a quarter.  We're heading over tomorrow afternoon to stock up.

Cindy: yeah, Mini and I are heading for Mexico.  The folks that are going are being so wonderful to us (well, to her.  I just get the love by proxie..lol)  Right after we get home, we're leaving for our family vacation to the beach.  Not sure about a mini-gathering down south.  I'd love to go, just not sure we could afford it.  I'm hoping that they'll do AMG somewhere up north next year.  Philly, Hershey, even DC.  That way, we could go for a long weekend or just drive up for some of the events and drive back home.  But, we'll see what happens.

The walkway will look great and perfectly hides the drainage we had to put in to stop the mud and standing water.  We had to dig and haul up 10 loads of dirt .  It wasn't fun.  We kept going out to check on it during the storms yesterday and evrything held.  When everything is set, we'll spread Stay-crete on it then wet it with the hose.  That way, the sand stones will be set and kids can't pick them up and use them as weapons.

Betty: I'm glad that the conversation went well.  We had some neighbors popping off fireworks last night.  They weren't the pretty kind, just the kind that makes a loud BOOM! and scares the kids to tears.  Hubby will be doing the honors of grilling today.  My dad usually does it, but he's off working a contract (he's a helicopter pilot) in one of the Dakotas.

Winni, I'm glad that Billy made it safetly.  When will you be joining him, or will he come home and then the 2 of you go back together?  I understand how you feel about being alone.  When Hubby had to fly to meetings, I couldn't stand it.  I sware the house creaked and moaned only when he was away. 

Well, I have 3 dozen sugar-free chocolate cupcakes to make for this afternoon.  I'll check back in tonight.  Be good and be safe!

Love you all!
Mum

www.watoto.com

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2008, 08:56:50 am »
Good morning ladies. Hope everyone had a good 4th.  My dad grilled steaks,yummy, and we ate them ,salad, baked potatoes. It was soooooo good.  Robert and I went walking and I picked him blackberries. He'll eat as many as you will pick for him .                               Betty, glad that Alex agreed to move on with no fuss.  You are a very caring and giving person but must look out for you first. I know, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know but still glad there was no fuss.                                                   Moonlight, glad you got to spend time with your nieces and glad your brother is home.  8 months with Iceman, you go girl!!!!!                                               Jshort, how old is your baby. I have a 5 yo boy and still call him my baby.                                                                                            Win, I hate speaker phone. I just got rid of a guy that whenever I would call he would put me on speakerphone, I guess so his friends could hear it.   I realize  that is not Billy's intention and am glad that he is able to be there with his family in this trying time.                           Minismum, glad you were able to get to your mom's and have a great time. Also very wise to do the walk way that way. I love this statement you made
That way, the sand stones will be set and kids can't pick them up and use them as weapons.

I realize it wasn't meant to be funny but I laughed out loud when I read it.      you are right, anything can be used as a weapon if you are angry or desperate enough.      You and Mini are going to Mexico?  Hope you have a great time.         Anybody I missed, hope you have a great day. We will just be chilling, I will fill Robert's little pool later and let him play in it. Maybe go for a walk or something and tomorrow I work from 8 am until about 4pm. Hopefully we will be slammed and make much money. I am almost caught up.   TTYL.    Cristy

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2008, 10:31:09 am »
Hi Everyone-
Just stopping in to say HI - we had an uneventful 4th.  My Mom and Dad came out for a while.  I had to go get my meds and get some soda for the elderly lady I volunteer for.  She doesn't get her Meals on Wheels delivery on holidays so I brought her some food, too.  It must really suck being that old and having no one to talk too and living all by herself.

I'm gonna try to get more stuff out of the office today.  Supposedly, we are supposed to go to a cookout at my SO's mothers today for 2 but I doubt we will.  We have lived here almost 5 years and I think the trip  lets have seen thier grandmother, maybe 6 times and she only lives a couple of miles away. 

Oh, my mother brought me a letter yesterday from my olders sons father. Who is upset because he didn't get any fathers day cards. He actually wrote something like he is so hurt, he doesn't want anything to do with his kids anymore, no one respects me after all he has tried to do as a father.  ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?  You are in jail, asshole!! You don't spend anytime with your kids, you suck as a father, by all means don't talk to him anymore, like he is going to care.   UUgghhhhh!!  Thanks for letting me vent! :)

Have a good day!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2008, 11:29:01 am »
Morning again ladies,

Mum, I'm glad you got to go to your parents'.  It's always nice not having to cook.  I also laughed at what you said about the stones.  Hey, I know, kids will use anything when they're aggravated.  It sounds like it's coming along nicely.  Thanks for the heads-up about Staples.  I think there's one not too far from me and I could use a couple 3-ring binders for when I go back to school this fall.   I'm so glad you and Mini will be able to go to Mexico City.  I'd love to go, but I really can't afford it.  I don't know if I'll be going to the mini-gathering either.  Alan (Alanbama) pm'd me about it and I've been reading the thread.  We'll see.  I'm not sure when they'll be doing it.  I'd want to rent a car to drive to wherever they're having it. 

Cristy, I don't blame Robert for eating all those blackberries.  I love them as well and wish we had some around here.  When I was a kid, my mum would take my brother and I for walks on Saturdays; we would go to this once place that had wild strawberries and I loved to munch on them. 

Snow, your oldest son's father is a pure jackass.  I read that and thought "wtf?"  He's just on the pity-pot and it sounds like he's going to take a shit on it.  Let him stew; what an asshole.  I wouldn't even justify that with a response.  Anyway, I hope you get to do something today. 

I'm hoping that I don't have to keep reminding Alex that he's got to be out by Tuesday.  He has some strange habits (not showering for two weeks at a time, or brushing his teeth) and doesn't help me out around here anyway.  I was going to tell him he has to be out by Monday, but I thought I'd give him an extra day.  I hope he's planning on taking all the stuff he's moved over here with him.  I haven't been in the basement yet, but I know he moved quite a bit of stuff down there.  I'm going to tell him Monday he's got to take it all.  If my landlord sees a bunch of extra boxes in the basement, he won't like it; the basement is really small and to have a lot of stuff down there would just be a mess. 

My friend Liz called and we're going to go out to eat at an Arabic restaurant today.  I've never had Arabic food, but Liz claims it's really good. I told her I'm willing to try new things as long as the person can assure me it's good; and she said it is.  So, I will be broadening my horizons today.  I'm not sure what we're going to do afterwards.  Probably just bum around somewhere.  She doesn't smoke anymore; she quit a little over a month ago, so I'll be smoking outside.  Which is alright.  I'm still smoking outside here and I've found out it helps me cut down on how much I smoke.  It also smells much better in my apartment (and my cat is happy to be able to breathe clean air also).  I never let my cat outside, so she was breathing second-hand smoke.  I never thought about that until a friend of mine mentioned it to me when I was still smoking inside.  I haven't smoked inside now for about three weeks.

Well, I suppose I've gone on long enough.  I hope everyone has a good, safe day.  I'll be back later.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2008, 01:25:02 pm »
Mum, thank you about the info on Staples. I was just looking it up online wondering when the sale was going to be. This is the time I stock up for the next school year. I buy folders, pencil sharpners, etc. for the students and it is amazing how quickly it all adds up!

Talk to you all soon!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2008, 04:21:05 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Not much action today.  I went out to lunch with Liz and had something called folafal (I know that's spelled wrong).  And tobuli and baklava.  It was all delicious.  Anyway, I hope everyone's have a good day. 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2008, 08:05:38 pm »
Hey Everyone---

My fourth was nice. We had steak, shrimp, and pork roll on the grill. I made some banging potato salad and we had corn on the cob. My gay roomie was at work. By 5, we were eating. I then made my way to my bf house to chill with her and show her the car running. My godson wanted to see it since it is his car. I also checked on the kitten I gave her. We might have to get her to the vet, she seems to be having stomach probs and runny bm. After leaving there, I went to visit my oldest sister who is sick with something going around. I just hope I don't get it. I was back home by 8. I felt bad because I didn't check in with you all but I must admit it felt nice to drive again and be busy.

The car is due to get inspected next week. I thought I had the rearview fixed but it fell again. I got out today and took the car to the car wash to vacuum it out and spray some perfume to get the mildew smell out. It seems to be working but I bought some Febreeze for cars just in case. We still haven't heard anything about the house which is frustrating us but we intend to be out of here hopefully by the third week of this month. We figured what my ASO pays would give us that long. But funny since my case manager talked to my landlord, he has not even been around to try to get his rent. So, I guess he must be considering this month my 30 days. So, I may be missing for a week or so depending on how long it takes the cable company to set the internet up at the other place. The other place being a house where one of my roomies use to live, the rent is only 375 so if we don't get the house we want, we may just stay there for a few and try to save up money. Which is something we all need to do.

Yeah, I got a pm from Iggy about the Southern Mini AMG. I wanted to go but I may not be able to. My oldest sister came into a nice piece of change and wants me to go to Georgia to visit our uncle who hasn't seen us since we were kids. He has talked to us though and my sister stays in contact with him. Also my brother is down there but we're really not going to see him. And since she is footing the bill, it would be a nice little vacation away from here.

At the present, my only concern is getting ready for this move and getting this car ready for the trip to Pittsburgh next month. Chat with you all later and much love to you all.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2008, 10:56:59 pm »
What another L O N G day.  Oh, my goodness.  We left the house about 2 and jsut got home at 10:30.  We put the kdis to bed and haven't heard a peep from them.  I just took my allergy meds, so If I start typing non-sense..lol..just try to figure it out :P  After swimming and eating all day, we went to the lake for fireworks that were postponed from yesterday.  It was a beautiful day and a perfect night.  Cindy, we ended up having some sparkly clouds, too, so they held up a bit on to let the smoke clear.  When it happened, I thought of you.

After church, and a trip to Staples, and some lunch, we're going back to my parents' house for leftovers and more swimming.  The bad thing about not cooking for 3 days is that I don't have any leftovers for lunch.  Monday I've got to go grocery shopping.  We have no more bread for sandwiches, I have 1 egg, no baking mix (for biscuits and pancakes), and our cubbards are looking a wee bit slim.  And, I'm down to my last gallon of milk that will be gone after breakfast tomorrow.

Viv, in our state, the kids never have to bring any school supplies.  Every county, by law, has to supply every student with crayons, pencils, paper, kleenexes, scissors, tape, notebooks, folders, whatever.  Our county got in some serious trouble because up until last year it was sending out supply lists for parents to buy stuff.  i guess no one complained until someone found out about the law.  The thing was that the school system was getting the money to buy the stuff, but was using the money for other stuff and they couldn't show what.  Now, understand that in our county, there's exactly 3 schools: 1 elementary, 1 middle, and 1 highschool.  But, we homeschool, so we're always looking for deals to stock up for our kids.  And, hey, a penny and 25-cents is hard to pass up.

For some odd, unknown reason, Hubby is watching 1 of the Rambo movies.  I think that's my cue to go to bed.

Giant bundles of love to you all!
Mum

edited because I forgot to tell you: my aunt is giving me some "fresh" honey from her neighbor.  Supposedly, honey produced with-in a 20 mile radius, when taken every day, cuts down and then stops pollin-related allergy issues.  I DON'T recommend trying this without talking to your ID doc 1st.  I know that Mini can NOT have honey of any kind due to some bacteria that she may not be able to fight, that is found in honey.  But, if you are suffering, it would be worth talking about.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Ok, nighty night!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 11:17:40 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2008, 09:58:01 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, good luck with your car. 

Mum, I'm glad someone found out about the school needing to supply the stuff and made them responsible.  I hate when government institutions of any kind don't do what they're supposed to do; especially concerning children.  When I was in school, and my daughter, we were responsible for that stuff.  I don't know what to say about your hubby watching Rambo.  He doesn't have a resentment against anyone, does he (hee)?

Liz called me last night (after we went out to lunch), about 9:30 and wanted to know if I wanted to go out for ice cream.  I would have gone, except that I had just mowed down some Reese's.  And I gotta watch that sugar intake.  So, we talked for about an hour.  I think maybe next weekend, if I don't have anything going on, I might ask her out for lunch.  That restaurant we went to yesterday I wasn't familiar with at all-I didn't even know it existed.  I'm glad I remained open-minded though and tried it.  It was just deliicious.  I might try to find another unique restaurant next weekend and take her there.

Well, I'm hoping Alex gets in gear pretty soon and gets moving out.  He's acting like he has all the time in the world.  I guess if I'm backed into a corner, I'll talk to my landlord and have him talk to Alex.  Of course, I might be wrong-maybe Alex will do something in the next couple days.  I told him Tuesday, so it's not like he has to be out today.  I was just assuming I'd see some movement in that direction. 

I have nothing planned today.  Someone asked me yesterday if I wanted to go to a sex toy party.  I said I would if I had the extra money to spend.  I've never been to one of those and probably should've said yes just for the experience.   Anyway, my brother comes over tonight so we can watch some more of "The Wire."  Other than that, it's going to be another lazy day.  I'll be back later.  Have a good one ladies.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2008, 10:45:47 am »
Hi Girls-
Betty- Glad things went well with telling Alex.  Tabouleh is really good with pita bread, you might like hummus too.  My friend was dating a guy from Saudi Arabia and they introduced me to it.  I have never been to sex toy party either, they must be pretty funny though, I can just imagine what people talk about.

Mum- I have never heard of that law, I wonder if that is the same in every state.  I have to go check out Staples myself.

Queen- You must be very excited driving around.  I hope your stereo works good :)

I got my pantry closet set up yesterday, the office totally cleaned.  Hopefully tonight her room will get painted.  Last night at 12:30, I was wetting down my ceiling to see if I could scrap off that annoying popcorn shit, it came off good in the hallway, where it wasn't painted over, it is going to be harder in the rooms.

I hope everyone has a good day, I think I will scraping all day.

Snow

Offline minismom

« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2008, 03:36:38 pm »
Good afternoon all my honies.  I am so tired that I can't see straight, and we're getting ready to leave again.  After church, we grabbed a quick lunch, went to Staples, Lowes, gas, and just got home.  My mom invited us back for leftovers.  There's tons of food left and since we're now out of bread, milk, deoderant, and crackers, (I still have 1 egg..lol), and I haven't been to the grocery store, the invite of another day not cooking is too good to pass up.  And, it's pretty warm here, so swimming will feel good, too. 

Tomorrow is going to be sunny and HOT, so I'll get the laundry done and hung out.  Then, off to the grocery store for me and #6 while the others play outside and Hubby finishes the walkway.  YEAH!!!

Snow: We've still got the office / school room to get done and I'd like to fix the downstairs bathroom so we can use it.  Not quite sure how to act with 2 bathrooms..lol.  Then, we'll be able to paint the boys room, then the girls' room, then one day, the family room and hallway. It never ends, does it?

Betty: to my knowledge, he's not hiding any smoldering anger..lol.  I left him with Rambo and went to bed.  2 late nights in a row and I am so done for. 

Alrighty, I'd better get going.  All the kids have changed into play clothes and are chomping at the bit to leave.  If I don't get to talk to you all tonight, I'll catch you in the morning.

Moochies all the way around!
 :-*Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2008, 03:47:44 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Snow, happy scraping!

Mum, I'm glad you'll be able to eat leftovers tomorrow.  I meant to ask you before-I know Mini's diabetic.  What (if any) meds is she on for that?

Well, another noneventful day.  Alex took off to be with his uncles and dad.  Hopefully he's checking into somewhere to stay.  When he gets back tonight, I'm going to tell him the landlord called again to check on the progress of him moving out.  Maybe that'll light a little fire.

I have nothing to report.  I just got done watching "Ruthless People."  I think that movie's hilarious.  Have a good one ladies.

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2008, 04:57:41 pm »
Hey Ladies,

Just dropping in. Nothing exciting happening today. I went to chruch now i'm at home trying to do some homework. I'm having a little me time at the moment. The house is quite and i'm in my chill mood. My 4th was good. We grilled steaks, chicken, ribs, and pork chops. We had salad and baked beans for the sides. I hope everyone is having a great day. I'll check in later.

Offline jshort

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2008, 05:26:31 pm »
Hi ladies!

Well, Moon I know what its like to have military family. Its a proud, yet scary thing. Im glad your brother is safe and appreciate the sacrafice he and his family have made for us.

Betty-- glad to hear you'll have the place to yourself again and things went well.

Mum- glad you made it to your mothers. Kids, they'll swim no matter how cold, lol. Im glad they had fun!

CJC- my baby is 7months old, but I have a 4 year old "baby" as well. My boys are mamas boys, very attached to their mommy. I dont mind it at all. I actually love every bit of it, my girls are a bit more independent.

To all the other ladies I missed, I hope all is well with you today.

As for me, nothing exciting going on today. Just hanging around the house. This months bills have sucked us dry of any money we had so a movie or dinner is out of the question. We may go to the park or something we will see. Besides that life is pretty boring by me, I guess thats not a bad thing. I just figured I'd check in and say hello. I'll prob be back tomorrow. Enjoy your night GF's

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2008, 05:32:29 pm »
Nothing going on with me either, just braiding my hair. That's a chore in itself plus it is hot out. I will be running back in my room with the ac when I am done posting here. My roomie and her friend is out working on the car, trying to fix the fan on the engine so it doesn't overheat. The thermostat was taken out and that helps some but if the fan would work I guess that would help even more. Also has to figure out why the horn and the wipers aren't working. I know she came up once and said something about the motor on the wipers continually running even when the car is cut off, not sure what that is about.

Betty-- I know what you mean about people not trying to leave when they're suppose to. Does Alex have a lot of stuff? Maybe he is just waiting til the day of, btw, why is he leaving? Or did you give him the boot?

Snow--My stereo isn't in the car yet, for now roomie is doing things to make sure it passes inspection on Thursday. The stereo will be put in after I suppose.

It is hot as hades in my living room so I am going back to my bedroom before I fall out. Be back later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2008, 07:42:39 pm »
I havent really read much of your posts. I have been real sick. I'm still sick but at the moment my temp is down.
Billy drove back home Saturday night to take care of me. I caught some kinda ear nose and throat thing and my temps have been higher than usual all day long not just in the evenings like they usually are.
I'm real tired so I dont know how much longer I'll stay online.

I'll catch up with you all later.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2008, 08:31:12 pm »
Win- I hope you feel better, I am glad Billy was able to come home to be with you.

I got my daughters ceiling scraped today so my arms are killing me.  I am watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition, it always makes me tear up, this one is about a single father of 4 who is a Marine and lost a leg in Iraq.

Hope everyone has a good night!!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2008, 10:25:57 pm »
Evening ladies,

Keeping, your 4th of July dinner sounds yummy.

J, I know what you mean about bills.  I always get a little down when I pay mine at the beginning of the month.

Queen, Alex is leaving because I told him he had to go.  I told him the landlord wants him out; which would really be the case if the landlord knew the whole story (about him being here a month already).  I told the landlord (today) Alex has only been here a week and that he's leaving on Tuesday.  I really want him out.  This is only an efficiency and it's too small for two people.  Plus, feeding two on just my disability check is getting to be too much.  And he is a hustler (not in a good way either).

Wendy, I sure hope you get to feeling better.  You seem to have a lot of trouble keeping healthy.  You're in my thoughts.

Snow, are you still going to be scraping tomorrow?

My brother came over.  We usually watch The Wire that he gets from the video store ('cause I didn't see it from season 1), but he said the DVD we needed was out.  So, we're also watching The Sopranos from season 1 and we caught up on that.  I like both shows and I wish they were both still on.  I cancelled HBO after the last episode of The Wire. 

I'm waiting for Alex to get back.  I'm going to remind him it's only two days until Tuesday.  I suppose if I really do have to get the landlord involved, I will.  That way he would have to leave.  I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does, oh well.  I don't like someone trying to hustle me.  Anyway, I hope you ladies have a pleasant night.  I'm going to check out a few more threads and watch some t.v. 

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2008, 04:33:12 am »
Dear All

Hello to you all, if I am not here for a while this section moves on so fast - but I wanted to say hi and also

A BIG WELCOME [/color] [/size]
To the new women who have joined from me in the UK.

It is great that this group is so well used and I hope you all like being here as much as I have? When I found this group earlier in the year I felt very isolated and I was just so relived as I just had few other conversations with Positive women at all.

I have not been around because I have had a bit of difficulty for the past 2 weeks or so with nausea and diarrheia which seems to come on 2 hours after I take my meds and then keeps me up all night, so I get very tired as I have not been having a lot of sleep, so just lacked the concentration for reading or writing on the forum. I hope it is not the meds because I do not want to have to change. But I am OK today as I had a good night so it may have been a bug. I go and get checked at my clinic tomorrow so I hope all is OK

I have also been very busy.

We try to make the most of the limited summer in the UK as it is very short and quickly goes back to grey and wet days - it was sunny but now it is raining hard, windy and quite cold

Also in the summer I let out a holiday apartment attached to my farmhouse in Cornwall, and have a small camping field, because I live in an area that tourists desire to come and in a pretty rural place. And now my husband has had to retire form work due to HIV complications the income from this is very important so I have a lot of work to do to make sure the gardens, flower tubs are looking good and the lawns and camp area cut - we have lots of lawn and that the visitors are happy and I clean the apartment etc.

But I have also been busy because I joined a UK HIV + women’s organisation called PozFem and became the regional coordinator for my area which is Cornwall UK. Their web site herehttp://www.poz-fem-uk.org/index.html

There are now coordinators in most areas of the UK.

And they have recently written a public consultation document called 'Women, HIV and Sexual Health in the UK' which is a great document and while I was not part of writing it as I joined later, it really speaks for me!!
Statements like 'Nothing about us without us' are so important to my perspective.

If anyone here wants to see what some UK, HIV + are saying you can read a PDF version online through this link:

http://www.poz-fem-uk.org/docs/WomenHIVandSexualHealth.pdf
Because we want it as widely read as possible I have been very busy driving around to distribute it anywhere that may provide services in my area for HIV + women or come across HIV + women i.e doctors surgeries, hospital departments, contraception and sexual health clinics, women’s groups, health promotion teams, health visitors, drug and alcohol and addition teams, mental health teams, youth provision.....and more.

it is a public document and their are so many places I could distribute it, and where I live is very rural so you have to drive some miles to do it. I have posted some but prefer to deliver them in person so as to have a conversation with those I give them too.

Anyway i am sorry this post is so much about me and what I have been doing. I have read the thread so far btu so much has happened that I find it hard to know where to start in responding

But happy birthday to Cristy for the 9th  :)

Great title for this thread Mum - we have to do our path (walkway) up to our front door too over this summer, it is a lot of work I know as we have done others ones and this is the last we need to do - we are tying to get stones but despite Cornwall being a place with lots of quarrying and mining real stones are often beyond what we can afford so it might have to be slabs or even just gravel and concrete

Vivyt - this hit my reality too:
She is 18 but thinks she is 25 until she is missing us....You know the age, "I don't need anyone. I'm independent!" Yeah right...LOL

As I have a daughter, just 19 for whom this statement applies so well!! Good Luck!!
Cindy - I am glad it is still going so well with Iceman and that it may for many years to come. I have been with my husband for over 25 years and married for 21 and I am still in love with him, and he me, despite his 'mistake' relay nothing has ever changed that, we are very lucky and form what you say it sounds like it will be good for you too.

Great pictures wishful, you are very beautiful, good phone too. I had one that took good pics but lost it last week along with pics I had taken- I always lose phones  >:(

I find shopping for clothes depression too Winroo. I do not know what the equivalent in US is but I am a UK size 14 on the borrow but 16 to 18 on the top and everything looks awful to me when i try it on!!

I hope all who celebrate the 4th in the US had a great time - it is not something that here in the UK we hear or know much about but I know it is an important holiday of many in the US, so I hope it was GREAT ;D

if I have not mentioned all, I am sorry but I am thinking of you all and have read what you have all said and hope you have a great day when you all wake up - it is 9.29am  here and I am off to water aerobics in a minute

Love Veritee XX
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:51:35 am by Veritee »
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline jshort

« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2008, 06:39:17 am »
Good morning ladies,
 Just popping in to say a quick hello before I go back to bed for a bit. I wake up every morning at 5am with my boyfriend to make sure he has his coffee breakfast and lunch for work. I feel its the least I could do considering I get to stay home mon-fri with the kids. When he leaves I usually go back to bed for an hour or two.

Nothing much going on today, just stressing money. The economy is horrible and we're really feeling it this month  :'(

We're struggling to pay the bills and handle the household expenses. It kinda has my stomach in knots. My boyfriend is really upset about it, Im doing my best to tell him everything will be fine but deep down I know how he feels.....I guess I'll rest for a bit then spend my day attempting to figure out how to make things a bit better for us here... I'll be back later after i wake up

until then GF's ;)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2008, 08:32:31 am »
Morning ladies,

Veritee, sounds like you've really been busy.  I'm glad you got involved with that organization.   It's summer here right now also, and will be for the next month and 1/2 (at least).  Sometimes the hot temps stick around until the middle of September.  And sometimes we get warm temps at different times in October. 

Jshort, I can totally relate to what you're saying about stressing over finances.  Is there any foodbanks close to you?  Where I live there's several, and I don't live in a huge city or anything.  Most of them go according to the zip code or county.  They help me out a lot.  My stressing usually comes near the end of the month, because on the 3rd is when I get my disability check.  I try to write out a budget for each month and stick to it as best as I can, but unexpected expenses always come up.  I can't remember, forgive me, but have you contacted your ASO (Aids Service Organization)?  They might be able to provide you with a list of the foodbanks and give you some other suggestions.  What does your significant other do?  Is he the one in the service?  Anyway, just hang in there.  I completely understand that that is easier said than done.  Just try your best.

Alex didn't come back last night.  I hope he's not going to be gone the whole day.  I gave him my extra set of keys when he started staying here (big mistake, I know).  I want them back-today.  Of course, things don't always go the way I want them to go.  But I feel as if I can't leave unless I get them back. I really don't think he would rip me off, but who knows.  I have a pretty big distrust for people I haven't seen in a long time.  So, in reality, it's my mistake for giving him the keys.  If worse comes to worse, I'll call the landlord and tell him he needs to change the locks.  I'm sure he'll charge me for that, but that's alright.  It might need to be done anyway, because the girl who lives in the front apartment told me awhile back she doesn't have a key for the outside door anymore; her ex apparently has it.  Anyway, back to the subject.  Tomorrow is the day he's supposed to be out, so hopefully I'll hear something from him today.  But if not, I'll handle it when I have to.  If I haven't heard anything from him by tomorrow, I'm going to call my landlord about changing the locks and I'll just keep his stuff here until I hear from him.  I'm not going to put it outside or give it away or anything; I'm not heartless.  I hate not knowing what's going on.  That's part of my power-tripping I suppose, thinking I have to be in control every minute. 

I'm going to clean today; other than that, nothing else planned.  I hope you ladies have a good morning.  I'll be back later.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2008, 08:46:31 am »
Good Morning Everyone! Well, this is my last week of summer school....YAY! :) I just look forward to sleeping in. I have been staying at my dad's house since Wednesday when my sister got back from Mexico and I look forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight. My girl Vivian is probably happy that we will have our normal routine again. Both of my parents are still out of town. My sister is leaving this afternoon to see my mom in Texas. It is her first trip so we will see how it goes. My mom has been engaged for a little over a year and the man lives in TX. I am curious about what her experience will be. He lives in a small town and my sister is not used to the "quite" life without much to do. We shall see...

Other than that not much happening, which is nice. I am waitiing for my period to come though....if it doesn't happen tomorrow I am officialy worried..... :-\ I've still been involved with the ex and we continue to not be responsible. I have never wanted my time of the month to happen so badly...will keep you posted. UGHHH...just saying it makes me nervous...

Hope you all have a great day!  :)

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2008, 08:53:19 am »
Good am ladies....

Thanks for all the nice comments about my pics...i love this little fone thingy....

My 4th was well hmmm how can i explain it.....SHITTYY???...yes that does it. The bf n his son and i went to Ft. Dix to see Keyshia Cole and fireworks. The event was nice but the night ended  in me n yungin breaking up again. You see he says that it is still uncomfortable for his son to see us be affectionate...and i'm not talking about tonguing each other down or groping each others crouches....im just talkin bout some good old hugging, laughing ang playing around. I am a very affectionate woman. Especially when i think my man is looking extra scruptious and also holidays get me nostalgic. I didnt have my own children so it was like we were a mini family that day..in my mind. He barely even talked to me. I mean his son gave me more attention than he did even if he is slightly rude and disrespectful for a 5 yr old. We still played around and ran around the park. But the dad was on some other mess all distant and shit and i got so mad that I was holding back my tongue that by the ride home i was cussing his behind out w/o cuss words. I mean maybe i was being selfish cus his son has said that he wants him and mommy back together but like i explained to bf, its been a year not 2 months 1. 2. if you show him that it is ok to like me and love me by showing some sort of affection instead of ignorig me like im some random chic, then he will get use to us. I had to ask is it him thats really uncomfortable or is it you...worried what he is going to go back and say to his mother...He just kept saying my son comes first, my son comes first...no shit moron...im not trying to get u to save me from drowning before your son. I am asking to be acknowledged, to be made felt wanted, desired...like one of them "i'm gon tear u up when we get home" looks. Not..he said he couldnt spend the night that night cus of the son. Now mind u he has spent the night before. But his argument for that was he never stayed when it was just us 3. Am i being totally unreasonable??...Maybe a little but not some much for this stage in the game. I mean he has just started getting his son regularly but by now im used to him being all over me and him up and changing like that gets me scared that he isnt feeling me any more. I dont know. I know i can be selfish but it wasnt selfishness when it was happening all the time. I am so upset. >:(

Anywho...
Wini: i hope u feel better sweety...
Betty: u know whats best for u and u and urs come first.
Queen: I never had pork roll on the grill...sounds good tho...with some spicy mustard..mmmm.
Keeping..i hit u up on myspace...hows married life....seems i may never get there after all... :(

Happy almost bday Cristy...your a Cancer lady huh...just like baby momma..are u crazy too?..J/K...i hope u have a wonderful day when it gets here....

To everyone I love u guys...i know i dont post that much but im here.....
Live life to the fullest...

tendai

« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2008, 09:20:53 am »
hie all i dont have much time left. just wanted to say welcome to the new ladies and hie to everyone. the holidays fine bit boring but hey.  gotta go hunt for food! keep well!

Offline mahalia

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2008, 11:03:52 am »
hello ladies, hope u all gud, dont have much time but just wanted to say hello and thanks 4the welcome remarks...

m not too good today!i forgot ma meds at home, how that happened really beats me, and only got to go home around noon, called ma doctor tho to tell him bout it and ask him if i should take them, i take them at 9, am + pm. m on truvada and aluvia...just that now ma tummy is feeling a little upset, m knocking off n goin home to get sum rest, have a gud one ladies, much love...

m with u jshort...its just terrible, m looking for a betta job. i cant afford ma life on the bit i get that is supposed to be a salary!!!thats getin to me...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2008, 12:20:29 pm »
Afternoon ladies,

Viv, wow.  One more week.  Yeeha.  Now, what are you going to do if you're pregnant?  Did you want to get pregnant?  I take it from reading your post you don't.  I hope you get your period; then, use some protection so this doesn't keep happening, kay? (not preaching, just trying to look out for you; and I know how that feels, to worry about being pregnant when you don't want to be).

Wishful, I don't think you're being selfish.  If the yungin' was affectionate before, now he's not because of his son, his son will never get used to seeing you two together.  And if his son thinks he's controlling his dad, he'll keep doing it.  I hope things work out.

Tendai, so good to hear from you!  I hope you're doing alright; well, as good as can be expected, aye.

Mahalia, good to hear from you.  Check in with us more often.  What is aluvia?  I'm not familiar with that med.

I got my apartment cleaned and took a shower/deep conditioned my hair.  It's been extremely dry lately (my hair).  I guess it's my hormones changing again.  Oh well.  Sometime today I have to go to the store to get some fruit.  Alex still hasn't made it back.  If he's not back by this evening, I'm going to call my landlord about changing the locks and what to do with his stuff.  That sounds icey doesn't it.  I'm really not a vindictive person, and I don't wish Alex any harm at all.  Hopefully the landlord won't mind his stuff being here until he can come get it.  Anyway, none of this may happen.  I'm just thinking ahead and out loud.  OK ladies, have a good afternoon.

Edited to correct a name.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:04:16 pm by Bettytacy »

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2008, 12:32:25 pm »
DIdi Betty call me keeping???..lol..its ok i got the message anyhow... :D
Live life to the fullest...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2008, 01:03:43 pm »
DIdi Betty call me keeping???..lol..its ok i got the message anyhow... :D

Oh, sorry.  I'll probably go back and edit that. :D

Offline jshort

« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2008, 01:19:45 pm »
Hi ladies, well today has been kind of a lazy day for me.

Wishful--seems like your man isnt ready, not his son. He seems to have the issues. A lil about myself, I too have children with somebody else. My kids father is engaged and I have a man. My children adjusted very well and I think its because both myself and their father behaved as if what was going on was a normal part of life. They have two families, and step-parents that love them. Now before things got very serious I stressed to my children that I knew it was hard to see other people in my life and they're allowed those emotions, but they need to respect my man because he is an adult...Seems to me your man isnt ready to get into that with his son. anyway, Im sorry u had a shitty 4th, i hope things get better 4 you.

Betty--Im making some calls today. Im gathering info about what services are out there to assist me. My man has a job, he's not active duty so he doesnt get much from the military. But we're still struggling, I guess it has to do alot with the economy, rising prices. The prices rise but our incomes dont.

vivyt- enjoy your down time!!

as for me Im going back to making phone calls and such. ... enjoy your day ladies

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2008, 01:54:24 pm »

Happy almost bday Cristy...your a Cancer lady huh...just like baby momma..are u crazy too?..J/K...i hope u have a wonderful day when it gets here....

Hello ladies. LOL with Wishful. No, I'm not crazy, most of the time. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Nothing planned but I will be going to Walmart. Maybe I can buy myself something cute.  Sorry your 4th of July sucked so bad.                                                      Betty, hope Alex returns your keys TODAY!!!!!!!!.    I am not very trusting either. Most people suck and not in a good way.  I say this because I have learned it the hard way.                                           Vivyt , hope your period comes soon.  It's not pleasant waiting and worrying. For future reference, the depo shot is very reliable. I could never remember to take pills but the depo is every 3 months.  Hope you have a great day.                                                                      Anyway, not much going on here. got my work clothes washed for the week and changed the sheets on our beds. My mom got Robert some Thomas the Tank Engine sheets and he loves them. His quilt also has trains, cars and boats on it. If it moves he loves it unless it is really loud, then it scares him. We have several cars that he won't ride in or just hasn't been forced to. I won't make him unless it's an emergency, then he will ride in whatever I have keys for.    I have been talking to my friend in SC. We click well and hopefully he can come back soon.  Time for coffee. Hope everyone has a great day. TTYL.  Cristy

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2008, 03:05:47 pm »
hi ladies,

my flu is gone and feeling ok again.

Cristy - Happy Birthday hope it will be a great one!

Win- I hope you feel better soon! Maybe you should see a doctor. It makes me nervous your being ill with low T cells. Its great that Billy is taking care of you.

Veritee - that was a sweet post... I got a busy, happy vibe from ya. Maybe you should dispense those brochures in ob/gyn clinics as well?

Wishful - nice pics! about your BF, I wouldnt sweat it. sounds like he is being sensitive and worried about his son, I wouldnt take it personal. You know maybe you should reread your post, and see what is facts (him not wanting to touch etc) and what is your interpretation of them (he doesnt love me etc). I think youre causing yourself excessive pain by interpreting things that you dont know for sure. I think you should let it go and take the good things that your BF can offer you, no one's perfect. im not saying I dont udnerstand your side and why you felt let down and rejected, I probabaly would too - I get anxious when my BF doesnt call me for example - but then I seperate the negative voices in my head and what they are telling me about the situation (he doesnt give a shit about you, you always love more, etc) and I break it down into facts and feelings. I see then that my feelings are not logically connected to facts, although they are logical for me cos I experienced a lot of insecurity in life. so, I hope you guys make up. and beleive you CAN be a happy little unit just maybe not so smoothly and in the ideal pace.
Excuse the Dr Phil, I just hate to see people break up unnecessarily...

Betty, i hope Alex moves out in a dignified way. Its good you have a plan B. You might want to have a friend there, I do hope he's safe! That personal hygeine stuff is what kind of puts me on alert. I know youre a big girl, strong woman, but just looking out for you. About the Arabic food, that's standard fare where I'm from, you can get it in any supermarket as well. For me it is like McDonalds... sounds like a nice date with Liz planned.

Queen good luck with the car & house, good to take care of these things in the summer.

Viv, I hope youre not pregnant. If youre late, you can already take a home pregnancy test.

Cindy - what a wonderful rock Ice is proving to be, that man is worth his weight in gold. I miss your regular posts.

Hugs to everyone - Tendai, Keeping, Jshort, Netta, Mahalia, Latifah, Mom and anyone I may have missed. Hope you had a wonderful 4th (to those whom it applies). It's 21.00 so I am going to have dinner. Catch up again later

I knew I forgot someone: Snow, good luck with the scraping. I missed the reason, did a popcorn bag expload or something?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 03:08:19 pm by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline minismom

« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2008, 03:51:50 pm »
I want to start off sending great big GET WELL smoochies acrossed the country to my sweetie Winn.  Let us know how you are doing. 

Betty, Mini isn't on anything for her diabetes.  Well, she is, i guess, sort of ::).  She takes fiber and fishoil to keep her triglycerides down.  The rest we are controlling with her diet.  She's off all sugar - she's a walking Splenda ad.  Her numbers just aren't getting down to anywhere near normal.  She'll have her fasting panel and see her Lipid Doc again in Sept.  If her numbers aren't any better, we may have to start discussing putting her on meds for it.  The only drawback is that the meds can mess up her liver and she's had crazy liver numbers before (but they've been normal for a while).  So, if her cholesterol, LDL, HDL, and tris are still whacky, we're just going to have to figure something else out.

Snow: I feel for you, hun.  Scraping popcorn ceilings can't be easy.  Are you going to paint them after?  Our ceilings are need painting, but they're just going to have to wait. 

Hubby is outside right now sweating to death, and finishing our walkway.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow and Wed. so we want to stay-crete it before it does.  I got all the laundry done and hung out to dry, got my hair cut, and did the grocery shopping.  Now, I need a nap.  I got another bottle of color - I can see my gray roots ashining. 

That's all for today.  My aunt is bringing over the honey this evening.  I really hope it works.  I had some cooked ground meat in the fridge, so I'm making sloppy joe's and onion rings for supper.  It's quick, easy, and won't heat the house.

Love to you all! (and extra for Win)
 :-* Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2008, 04:25:23 pm »
Hey ladies,

Jshort, good luck with your calling.  I hope you find some help.  It's out there, sometimes we just have to search.

Cristy, tell us more about your friend from South Carolina.  What does he look like?  Is he poz also?  What's his personality like?

Drag, I'm glad you're feeling better. 

Mum, let us know how the honey works out.  I eat honey sometimes, especially when I make cornbread.  My mum used to have me put that on my cornbread when I was a kid so I would eat it, and it's stuck.  I know there's sugar in it; but I take insulin and pills for my diabetes, so I can kind of tweek the insulin if need be. ;)

Well, Alex and Joe got here about an hour ago and Alex moved his stuff out and gave me my keys.  So, worry for nothing.  We all talked for a little bit after he got his stuff in Joe's car and he thanked me and hugged me when he left.  Joe said they'd come by from time to time to visit and also told me to call whenever I wanted to.  So, that's that.

I need to go to the store to get some fruit, but I'm thinking I'll do that tomorrow.  I made a cake and I'm going to frost it in a few minutes.  Have a good evening ladies.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2008, 09:56:39 pm »
Hey everyone!

Betty-I'm glad everything went well with Alex. It doesn't sound like there are any hard feelings which is good.
Mum- You stay soooo busy! I get tired just hearing about all you do...you go girl!
Wish- Sorry about your 4th. Sometimes holidays are actually more trouble than they are worth.

Well today I got to school and they told us there was no water. Um, Hello? If the kids wanted to use the bathroom they could but then we had to call the custodian who would come with a bucket of water to "flush" the toilet. The same goes for all the adults. I just think that is RIDICULOUS! I mentioned that I thought they were not legally allowed to operate school without running water but I was told the district was sending a water truck. I have no idea what that means but whatever. All I know is that I had to pee soooooo badly and was not about to use the restroom and then call the custodian to flush it. I got out of there so fast and hurried home before my bladder exploded. Hopefully it will all be fixed tomorrow. Crazy!

On another note....I am kind of embarrassed about mentioning my worry about my period. I have not been able to think about anything else and I just had to mention it. We DEFINITELY should know better than this but I do have to say that after all that has happened between us I feel like what else could happen? Anyways...I have calculated and calculated and I have a range of days. I took a test already and it came out negative but technically I won't be "late" until Wednesday. What makes me worried is that I don't feel like I normally do when I am about to start and I worry that if I am the Atripla will do something but I still have to wait and I can't stop taking my meds. UGHHH...Ok, enough. Thanks for listening me ramble on and on. I guess I will just have to wait and see....it's killing me....

Have a good night ladies!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2008, 10:25:21 pm »
Hey Everyone--

Still working on my hair and getting frustrated with this damn car. It seems to be one thing after another and I am pouring more money into it than I expected so if this last repair doesn't cost much then I will pay for it, if not then fuck it. I think my other roomie is talking about getting a car anyway. I still haven't heard anything about the house which is pissing me off now. Because I feel if we didn't get it, they could at least call and tell us so. Good news is that my section 8 was accepted and I have to go to orientation on Friday. It was good to get good news since today is my Dad's bday and I was getting a little bummed. But most auspicious to get it today of all days.

I did glance in Sunday's paper looking but disappointed because most places are in areas I don't want to live in or they don't want pets. And I am not willing to give up my cats. But I know they usually post a sign of available places during the orientation so maybe I will find something soon. But still bummed about the house. I also put in an inquiry about the missing money order from May. Got a letter from my son today, he is stressing and wants me to see him. So, I will try to go tomorrow since I can drive the car. I wrote him a letter and sent him a card to try to cheer him up. Gonna start packing things up around Wednesday and move them to my one roomie's friends house which is where we are suppose to be going for the time being. Now I feel things are kind of in limbo but I am working on it the best I can.

Other than that, it's still hot as hell so I have been staying out of the livingroom where the computer is. I have been reading what you all have been saying and glad all is well for the most part. Sorry about the breakup, Wishful. Betty, I know you are glad Alex is gone and things are still cool. Viv, you preggers? Ooooooh. Glad to see Tendai is doing ok, I have been worried about her. I really need to do another blog soon. I see they have dropped a few bloggers and added a few. I have to start being prolific again but I have been so busy trying to do things around here...*sighs*... Have a good night....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.