Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

6 wks from meds to undetectable??

<< < (3/3)

southmetro:
Well I didn't make it. As I posted before, my VL was 131 on 5/31/06 after 33 days on meds (4 1/2 weeks) My VL on 6/8/06 after 41 days (about 6 weeks) was 88, not <50.as I  had hoped. My VL on 7/5/06 after 68 days on meds (almost 10 weeks or 2 1/2 months) was 55. I'll get labs about 8/3/06.

Close but not there yet!

The Canuck:
southmetro,

With these numbers...you are very close of <50 and pretty much normal to take a few months or so before reaching this level.

Regards,

The Canuck

Catman:
I guess it IS possible because my vl went from 60,800 to 79 copies in just six weeks. As I said in another post, I'm on Fuzeon, Aptivus and Norvir. My cd4's went up from 250 to 300, also. I'm probably undetectable by now but I don't do labs until September.

bocker3:
Great news on your response to meds!  Here's hoping your next set shows UD! 
I've been trying to get there for 7 months now!!!  Started Sustiva/Truvada in Dec.  VL has been as high as 98K, in Feb 06, was 539 and Apr o6 was 634.  Upon reviewing my resistance test, we found that despite the labs "all OK" result listing, I did have some nuke mutations that showed I got a nuke resistant virus -- so, we added boosted Reyataz last month (no PI or Non-nuke mutations).  I"m hoping my lab draw on 7/27 has good news (will get results on 8/9).  It's been frustrating as hell, but my CD4's have gone from 288 to 521/499 since November and I feel good, so that is my focus (alright -- I'm TRYING to keep that my focus).  I'm hopeful though, because my OHL (oral hairy leukoplakia) is FINALLY clearing up, so I'm taking that is a really good sign.

southmetro:

--- Quote from: bocker3 on July 13, 2006, 07:19:08 am ---Great news on your response to meds!  Here's hoping your next set shows UD! 
I've been trying to get there for 7 months now!!!  Started Sustiva/Truvada in Dec.  VL has been as high as 98K, in Feb 06, was 539 and Apr o6 was 634.  Upon reviewing my resistance test, we found that despite the labs "all OK" result listing, I did have some nuke mutations that showed I got a nuke resistant virus -- so, we added boosted Reyataz last month (no PI or Non-nuke mutations).  I"m hoping my lab draw on 7/27 has good news (will get results on 8/9).  It's been frustrating as hell, but my CD4's have gone from 288 to 521/499 since November and I feel good, so that is my focus (alright -- I'm TRYING to keep that my focus).  I'm hopeful though, because my OHL (oral hairy leukoplakia) is FINALLY clearing up, so I'm taking that is a really good sign.

--- End quote ---

Good luck and I hope you get there soon!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version