Main Forums > Living With HIV

New Numbers

(1/2) > >>

Xavier:
Hey what's up everyone?  Everyone having a good holiday so far I hope....I went to the Dr. this morning for my check up and my numbers are CD4 350 VL 86,000, I'm not on medicine yet, the doctor said she would like to see me back in early Feb. and we might just start a regiment.  Any suggestions, looks like from my genotype that I did last year I pretty much can take anything on the list so hopefully I won't have to take anything too harsh.  Funny thing is when we were looking at the rest of my numbers like hemoglobin and shit like that i was like what does THC say?  HAHA, I would be so embarrassed, a little toke didn't hurt anyone.  So anyway thats where I am, but I did get those labs back in October where I was really tiered and had some headaches, but now I have more energy so I think my VL has went down some since.  It has been fluctuating by thousands for a couple years now, started at 8000 then it ended up climbing up to 99000 then back down to the 30's so this lab really doesn't say much we'll find out what is up next draw....the new nurse though is kinda cute, when he took my blood pressure I blushed...haha just kidding he's a cutie...he seemed a little queer, but not sure since he had a wedding ring on, but we all know that doesn't mean much these days....could be from his husband.  anyway have a great day!

allopathicholistic:

--- Quote from: Xavier on December 14, 2006, 09:29:02 am ---Any suggestions, looks like from my genotype that I did last year I pretty much can take anything on the list so hopefully I won't have to take anything too harsh. 
--- End quote ---

Glad to hear it!

Longislander:
You sound like you're in good hands, and have a good mindset. that's a long wait for results from october, no? And if you gotta have blood drawn, may as well be done by a cutie!

poet:
I'd say hear us out on what we are taking and why, pause, think about which combination would make sense for you, given your schedule at work, etc., and if and when you and your hcp are ready, go for it.  As you may know, I strongly believe in each patient taking control of his or her health issues so whether or not your hcp wants things to start, I would wish that you felt that this was what you wanted to do.  I would offer my own combination, but it is so, so far off the map, this is best left to others on more 'modern' combos.  Win

Eldon:
Hey Xavier...

Your numbers are looking good. Your VL will fluctuate from time to time. As far as a suggestion for taking a med regmen, the best choice would be what is right for you and your system. Sit down with your Doctor and discuss the possible combos that are available to you.

Don’t Give Up, Don’t Give In…Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version