Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:37:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 627
Total: 629

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: American Idol-The Girls  (Read 5626 times)

Offline skeebo1969

American Idol-The Girls
« on: February 22, 2007, 08:29:39 am »

This is my first year watching.  It is amazing the things a pregnant woman can get a man to watch, but I have to admit I am enjoying it.

Anyone watch the females last night?   I forget the names, but I know four of them definitely had some pipes!! 

The first girl definitely set the tone and I really like the tall 17 yr old.. I think she sings effortlessly.  The last woman really took it to church and is my pick to win it all.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline cmhjeff

Re: American Idol-The Girls
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 09:28:50 am »
Be careful the manly men on here will give you a hard time about watching Idol.  :)  Last year there seemed to be more fans on here than this season. The girls did so much better than the boys!
The 17 yr old is Jordin Sparks.  It's to early to pick a favorite but there were 3 or 4 girls I liked.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 04:46:44 pm »
One of the black girls will win it in a landslide.  They are WAAAAY better than the other girls, and ALL the girls are better than the guys.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 04:48:48 pm »
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 09:54:09 pm »
If I voted it would have been for Stephanie and Sabrina but I won't call until the final 10.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 10:35:23 pm »
I have to agree with AC in his assessment......
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline ScooterTrash

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 11:22:31 pm »
Lakisha....  OMG that woman can sing....

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 12:03:47 am »

Lakisha....  OMG that woman can sing....

She looked like a pumpkin tonight though.  The short haired sister looks just like my ex wife#1.  I hope she get's voted off just because of the likeness. >:(

Offline bravebuddharich

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 10:28:51 am »
I tought Melinda sang the best last night. I also really like Stephanie, Lakisha, Sabrina and Jordin. They will all make the top 12.

I like Chris Richardson, Nick, and Blake the best of the boys (I think Sanjaya will get voted off, but I like him, too). I hate Chris Sligh and Sundance Head!! YUCK!

I suspect one of the girls will win this year - too early to know for sure.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 10:54:00 am »
white women should be banned from the show. no talent.

Offline poodlelover

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 11:00:44 am »
I just love this show!!
Those girls sure can sing (excluding the white chicks).
Connie

Offline Cliff

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 11:55:51 am »
I actually thought the girl that was voted off (Nicole) was good.  She definitely had a range.  I was sad to see her go (even though the song was horrible and she was all over the place with it).  I thought Sanjaya was good and didn't deserve the comments Simon gave him.  He actually chose a difficult song and did well with it (great, deep voice for a young guy).  Melinda and Lakisha did the best.  But it's too early.

I agree with Simon, Gina did not hit the note in her song, (I was actually saying that while she was singing).  But I don't think Lakisha hit the right note either. 

Finally, cat-suits should be banned from AI.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 03:51:05 pm »
I thought Melinda gave a terrific performance. I was very impressed. I don't think Haley is a very good singer but I thought Simon was a little rough on her. She was much better than last week.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 05:29:07 pm »
white women should be banned from the show. no talent.

What are you talking about that one girl takes a mean topless pic.  If that ain't talent then what is? ;)

Offline ScooterTrash

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 03:39:57 pm »
Melinda and Lakisha were both awesome last night - Gina suprised me.. Her best IMHO

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 05:32:27 pm »
I voted for Melinda.

So who goes home tonight?
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline ScooterTrash

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 05:50:16 pm »
So who goes home tonight?

My guess is Antonella... I wouldn't bet on it though cuz America might vote based on her looks and not her talent...
I would however bet that the the person going home tonight will have light skinned complexion

Offline bravebuddharich

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 06:39:07 pm »
For the girls, I think Antonella and Haley will go home.

The boys are harder to predict, as much as I don't want it, I suppose it will be Sanjaya (who I really like) and hopefully Brandon. My dislike of Sundance and Chris S. will be bothering me for many more weeks to come, unfortunately...

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 11:05:08 pm »
Guess I should have voted because I liked Sabrina. Just glad Stephanie and Gina made it to the top 12. I'll start voting next week.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 12:12:05 pm »
edited cuz i'm getting names totally mixed up  :-[
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 09:54:19 am by allopathicholistic »

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 08:40:55 pm »
Anyone watching tonight?  Diana Ross is the guest/mentor for the contestants...

Is there such a word as "pronunciate"?   She said it not once but twice....I thought it was Enunciate...not pro-nunciate.....but hey, what do I know?  She's the star.....I looked up her age on "who's alive, who's dead", it says she was born in 1944, will turn 63 this month.   I wonder if that's her true age?

Well, I've always liked her, despite her problems and the tell-all books I've read about her....

Offline Esquare

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 10:57:54 pm »
I just voted a ton of times for Sanjaya (just for laughs). :D

Offline Bizzaretwist

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 12:24:03 am »
I'm going to make an early prediction....  Melinda Doolittle will win American Idol.
However, if she doesn't it won't be because she isn't the best singer.  I can see a potential problem brewing for her. 
She is being too quiet and actually seems to act like she has low self-confidence.. And if she doesn't show some personality throughout
this competition she just won't get the votes if she's up against someone who is more fun and full of spunk. 

Anyway, those are my two cents..  ::)

but who knows Sanjaya could win if people keep voting for him because he's so darn sweet and cute, not to mention his CRAZY hair! 
Previously known as: PozinMass
Diagnosed: 8/2003
CD4 = 500-800
CD4% = 32-38  VL=<48
Not on meds yet..

Offline Robert

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 12:38:19 am »
Alan...I caught that enuciation/pronunciation shtick too but you know what?  I think she looks great.  I'm a Supreme's fan from the beginning (a 14 year old teenager...my twin went for the Beach Boys...I went Motown) and thought she looked really good. I only hear of the bad things coming from the rags (DUI's etc) and was surprised to see her look so good.

robert...

(whose going for Melinda)

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 09:47:28 am »
but who knows Sanjaya could win if people keep voting for him because he's so darn sweet and cute, not to mention his CRAZY hair! 
Sweet and cute - NOT!!!  What was up with his hair last night I couldn't stop laughing. Poor boy can't dance either.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2007, 10:06:11 am »
The show this year makes me want to PUKE...eat it... then puke again.  Its that bad.

They could hold the finals tomorrow with Lakiesha and Melinda and GET IT OVER WITH!

Sanjaya should be SHOT.  How do 2 people forget their words?  All you have to do for a week is practice them! 

IT IS BRUTAL to watch this year.  The talent is HORRIBLE.  HORRIBLE.  None of them will be stars the likes of Underwood or *gasp* Clarkson even.  I think we have a bunch of Rueben's and Fantasia's.  Nobodies going nowhere.  Lakiesha and Melinda have AWESOME voices but what are you going to do with them?  What kind of albums?  Who will you market them to?  There are ZERO idol's in this years crowd.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2007, 04:03:00 pm »
I think Melinda and Lakisha are better vocalist than any of the previous Idols. The only ones that are in their category for vocals are Kelly Clarkson and Fantasia. We have already heard Lakisha sing a better version of "I'm Not Going" live than Jennifer Hudson could do with studio enhancements.

I truly feel sorry for Sanjaya as he is so out of his league. He's just a kid that came to the competition to support his sister and he somehow gets stuck up on a stage in front of millions of people. Last night I think his stylists thought "if we make him look like one of the girls maybe the audience will think he too can sing." What a nightmare.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.