Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:23:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 364
Total: 366

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Am I infected?  (Read 23104 times)

Offline tissot70

• Standard
Am I infected?
« on: September 15, 2007, 06:21:33 pm »
Hi all,

I read all your welcome threads and though  my kind of  case was not mentioned but am still freaked out, please help me here is my situation.

On Aug 27th had this  body rub massage with a massage therapist where both of us were naked and she rubbed herself all over me my making me sleep naked on a plastic sheet and applying oil all over me and rolling all over me and she gave me a hand job at the end of it. There was no sexual contact.

But I am worried about is
1. What if her vagina touched my penis?
2. What if she accidentally inserted my penis into her vagina as there was oil all over us, do u think I would know as the last time I had protected sex I was totally exhausted at end of it. So hopefully nothing should have happened.
3.I ejaculated  at end of hand job and what if she orgasmed on my penis which would not have happened but just in case ,and one thing I can take solace is she never allowed me to touch her private parts.

The symptoms I started having from day 2 of the encounter were
1. Chest pain mostly on right side (off and on) and still persisting almost after 3 weeks not too painful but sometimes feel like being stung by pain.
2. Heat produced on the side of right genital sometimes more than 3 times an hour sometimes nothing for many hours
3. Pain on penis and genitals for 1 week now it is completely gone. Had itching also for 1st week and frequent urination for 1st week but now these symptoms are gone.
4. Had some kind of congestion in throat from end of 1st week still persisting
5. Burping a lot
6. Kind of light pain started after 2nd week in the throat on the right side and I don’t know if there is some swelling below Adam’s apple or not, but whenever I eat something I feel good otherwise feel weird. I am worried about lymph nodes as the symptoms.
7. Pain in collar bone and some kind of congestion at the intersection of head with torso at the end of neck.
8. Never had any of these symptoms my whole life so am totally freaked out.
9. Used to have great sleep but now wake up every four hours like that I don’t know if they are night chills or something like that but I don’t sweat even when I wake up.
10. Some kind of pain right under my jaw on both sides also so was wondering if they are lymph nodes I don’t know where they occur so am freaked out and also some kind of pain started in back of my neck also today which is like 3rd week after encounter.

Please help me am totally freaked out as none of these symptoms ever occured to me in my life.

I was so freaked out that i scheduled a pcr dna test on 29th day after encounter before reading this forum and thought of cancelling it but refund policy is not so good so thought of going ahead instead of losing money.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 06:24:29 pm by tissot70 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Am I infected?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 06:28:49 pm »
Tiss,

Are you aware that you have chosen a very similar name to another member? (tissot3) Don't be surprised if some get you confused.

You did not have a risk for hiv infection. Neither getting a handjob nor body massage will result in hiv infection. Yes, I read all your what-iffs. Yes, I do understand precicely what happens during these types of massage. You were not at risk for hiv infection.

None of your symptoms mean anything in terms of hiv. Go see your doctor and discuss your symptoms there. They have nothing to do with hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 06:52:05 pm »
Hi Ann,
            Thanks so much for the reply,you eased my nerves i was freaking out terribly. yes  i wanted to take tissot30 but saw  tissot3 while registering and i thought people will get confused so registered with tissot70  :)

Thanks again

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 08:07:04 am »
i know i maybe repetitive even after ann told me there is nothing but just wanted to say that  i started having 2-3 pimples on back of my neck from yesterday and collar bone is hurting and also under jaw and front of neck is paining

sorry  ann if i am repetitive

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 09:07:30 am »
tiss,

We don't discuss symptoms here - you need to go to your doctor for that.

What we do discuss here is risks - and you didn't have a risk. As I already told you, I understand what goes on during the type of massage you had. There is no way you were put at risk for hiv infection during yours. NO WAY.

As long as you use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, you will not put yourself at risk for hiv. It really is that simple!

If you haven't already, read through the three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

One more time, you didn't have a risk for hiv infection during any aspect of your massage and handjob. NO RISK.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 06:35:08 pm »
Hi Ann,
             Sorry to bother you but now having doubts about my protected sex 1 month ago ,it was my first time and used a condom and am worried what if condom broke ,would i know bcoz it was my first time and didn't know that condoms also break .

As i told you that i am having this bump under my adam's apple looks like it is  swollen and am thinking if it is lymph node and some tingling sensation under my jaw once in a while  and  now wondering what if that  is the reason as it is not the body rub massage as you told me .

Just freaking out as already told you have my pcr dna in  5 days,though u told it is complete waste as it is not so effective but i already booked it before coming to this forums and the cancellation policy was not so good.

Suggestions please 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 06:55:18 pm »
Tissot,

Are you even bothering to read what's being written?

You were never at risk of HIV infection therefore you don't need to test. The bump on your throat has nothing to do with HIV.

I strongly advise against having an PCR DNA test done. Such tests are not approved for diagnostic purposes due to the high level of false positives they return.

MtD

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 07:07:15 pm »
Hi matty,
              Thanks for the reply i was not asking about the massage as that has been clarified by ann explicitly as no risk ,i was worried about previous safe ,protected sex(which by the way was my first time!!),what if my condom broke?(i didn't know that condoms break as it was my first time)so am little worried ,i read what all ann has written thoroughly and it is not about body rub stuff and i also know ann told that symptoms are not an indicator but am still worried.

sorry to bother u will not post as it seems i am being repetitive and i am not at all doubting  as to what you all said as you are the best!!!

Thanks again

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 07:58:33 pm »
Condoms are designed such that when they fail they do so catastrophically. If the condom you used during your first sexual encounter had failed you would have noticed.

Since HIV is not transmitted via protected sex of any sort you do not need to test as a result of that encounter.

Ya dig?

MtD

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 02:08:04 am »
got it matty thanks again

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 10:25:41 am »
hi all am back again am ridiculously freaked out after what all ann and matty said i dunno why my heart and mind are not in sync with each other .my heart says ann and matty assured u so be cool but my mind is picking up all the symptoms yesterday had a flu 4 weeks after what i thought was my exposure but ann and matty said it isn't even an exposure ,neck pain on back of neck(ollipitial nodes),sore or pimple on edge of my mouth and a sore or pimple which like was there for a day on man's left side edge of breast(hope right terminology) on chest n it's gone now.What should i do,i know mine was not even an exposure in first place according to u guys which i am assured and also symptoms are not used for diagnosis, what if it is some other STI.

I told i wouldn't bother u guys with another post but am not able to be myself am a complete wreck

sorry again will not post again sorry 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 12:08:47 pm »
Nothing has changed beyond what you've already been told. If you are having troublesome symptoms that's something for you to discuss with your doctor.

Feelings are not facts. And whatever your feelings or head are scaring you with has no basis in HIV science. This is not an HIV situation. Period. End of story.

Becoming sexuality active is exciting and often very scary as well. That's pretty much par for the course. You are worrying needlessly about HIV. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 04:56:02 pm »
Hi Andy,ann,matty and all,
                           I am sorry i am back again i told i wouldn't be posting again but couldn't do it my apolozies again .I took my pcr dna test as posted in my first post which i had scheduled before coming to forums and it came out to be negative i took it after 29 days .As you all told me i was negative and i should test it with my physician ,today i went there and he said my wbc is 7.5 and the range is 4.5 to 10.5 i think ,i didn't see those readings too well.I was told i have mild ashtma which is the first time it was detected well i had this issue from long time but recent viral attack inflammed it that's what he told and then while coming home while paying the fees i saw something in my file like serio or something which was marked ,that's when i freaked out ,what if my pcr dna was wrong,what if my virus was not detected .

Sorry again
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 07:35:05 pm by tissot70 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 07:39:17 pm »
You were never at risk so testing was mute to begin with.

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 07:43:26 pm »
Thanks Rapid you eased my mind maybe it was bcoz of detection of new disease that freaked me out .thanks again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 09:35:19 pm »
Yah, well you may get all kinds of things happening physically in your life but that doesn't change the HIV science-based reality that you were absolutely not at risk for transmission.

Period. End of story.

Time to get on with your life...

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 06:56:51 am »
hi sorry am not able to let go of this fear as all of you told i was not at risk in first place but was freaked out as to
1.when my physician told i developed mild asthma after a recent viral attack and it began next day after the massage so am totally freaked out
2.also he told i was having a problem with my thyroid and i specifically asked him if i had any lymph nodes swelling and he said no but  i feel some stinging sensation once in a while under my jaw on lymph nodes
3. also he said that was why all my results were abnormal due to some muscle knot near lungs and while coming out i saw on my report some kind of column seiro marked that totally freaked me out
4. also he said i had some allergies and he said my wbc count is 7.5 which is generally normal and i checked it out somewhere and they said normal limits are 4.5 to 10.5 but so would my wbc be very high if i am seroconverting pls help me

5.i tested usin pcr dna as already told i was scheduled for this before coming to forums and it came negative i got tested after 29 days what if it is false negative.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 07:00:24 am by tissot70 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 07:17:03 am »
tissot70, what part of, "You Did NOT Have A Risk" is it that you don't understand? All your signs and symptoms you've come up with has nothing to to with HIV. You didn't need to test and a pcr dna is not the correct test to be using to test anyone for HIV.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 09:02:27 am »
Several of us have told you that you weren't at risk for HIV transmission. This is not an HIV situation no matter how you choose to continue to carry on and create drama about it.

But we're not going to hand hold with you endlessly. Consider yourself warned. You're on the verge of getting a time out. See your doctor about your physical concerns and see a therapist or other professional about what's going on emotionally. You have no basis in HIV science to be worried about HIV.

Andy Velez

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2007, 08:08:48 pm »
Hi

sorry just a quick question i took the voluntary timeout by myself for 4 weeks

I recently had a nude body to body massage rub with the same  female again after it was confirmed that it is no risk.again same stuff a assurance is i am looking at thanks and sorry again
no contact involved with her vagina and my penis and no sex also and she rubbed her anal against my penis. i am not circumsized and my foreskin was moving up and down with her anal rub.no penetration anywhere.

And she had flu and also a small bruise on her leg with was recent but dunno if it was bleeding and she used oil throughout the session and i made sure she didn't sit anywhere near my penis while giving hand job.

i am getting married soon so it was my last act.

I had this small pore or sore(no bleeding and not recent also) on my penis and she kind of touched with her hands twice at that place and kind of pressed it.

I have asthma and i am kind of wheezing,coughing and i think have phlegm in my throat sometimes and some breathlessness after 2 weeks of this massgae and atleast i am not looking at symptoms.
Thanks and sorry to bother again
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:11:01 pm by tissot70 »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 08:11:43 pm »
I don't think self-imposed timeouts make any difference.

As usual nothing about your latest sexual adventure is a risk for HIV transmission. You don't need to test, you don't have HIV etc. etc.

MtD

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 08:15:34 pm »
Thanks matty and bye and am taking my timeout for good as i am not involving in any other activity other than with my wife as i am getting married in a month .

Thanks again and really appreciate all the help

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 02:41:21 pm »
hey matty sorry to bother u again i was just concerned with this issue .

1.Wat if she was seroconverting (she had flu) i am sorry i am imagining worst case scenarios as i will not be having access to www 3 days from now for a month and she did frottage ie rubbing her anal against my uncircumcized penis.Is that a risk
2.She had a cut on her knee and i think she was bleeding wat if the blood came in contact with some contact with body

as from 3 weeks after that i am having body pains like in my knee joints and ankle joints and elbow joints and back of my neck so am kinda worried.

sorry to bother again but i will not be able to talk to u guys for a month in 3 days from now .

sorry i will not post after this.

Thanks again

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 03:15:50 pm »
Again, no risk. No matter how you try to slice this our answers will not change. You don't have HIV. Remember the posting guidelines, especially this one:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2007, 07:27:37 pm »
If you come back here again with more of your what ifs and other irrelevant details which your mind is scaring itself with it will get you a 30 day time out.

As you have been told repeatedly, you were not at risk for HIV in this incident.

Now, take a chill pill. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2007, 01:06:25 pm »
Hi Ann and all,
                        Just wanted to find out about this link which ann had posted on a different user's post http://www.thedramadownunder.info/site.html#introduction/stis-and-hiv-transmission

Quote from the website"It says that presence of inflammatory STI  or ulcerative one increases the risk of getting or transmitting HIV."and it also says it is easier to pass hiv to pass thru sti sites of infection and also mucous wil be damaged.

So it is kind of scary .But as you all said is it risky only while  unprotected intercourse which never occured in my case or even if vaginal secretions,semen of lady falls on any infected site of mine.

Just a clarification

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2007, 01:21:55 pm »
Tiss,

Protected is just that, protected. You did not have a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2007, 11:12:03 pm »
Thanks for the reply ann just one info question nothing to do with my issue
I just wanted to ask  as to why the difference between the generation of the tests I thought that 13 weeks was standard right? And would it differ if it is home access (1st generation),elisa(3rd generation) or elisa (4th generation massachussets).It basically looks for antibodies right so why would the generation matter so much.and generally a 6 weeks negative is a very strong indicator of negative right be it with whatever generation of test we use right?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 07:51:50 am »
Tiss,

Any generation of test will give a conclusive result at the three month point. The newer generations are pretty much conclusive at six weeks, but we stick by the official guideline of confirming a six week negative at three months. However, a six week negative is very unlikely to change.

As you have been repeatedly told, you haven't had a risk and that means you can get a conclusive result at any time.

Please re-read the post from Matty above where he points out one of our posting guidelines. Please consider yourself warned - for the last time.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 09:32:45 pm »
Hi ,

I had protected sex recently with CSW ,but i have a feeling that my first condom broke. that is bcoz i had to remove my penis as i felt i was about to cum, but that is when i kind of noticed my condom was torn in half when i removed it from her vagina as it was feeling wet on my penis,but i am not sure if it broke as it was kind of dark .i didn't cum nor did she,but she checked the condom and said it didn't break and we had protected sex again with a new condom.but i was a stupid to not to check it later.

she even gave me a oral job before we had sex .

so now after 4 days of that incident i started having burning sensation on tip of my penis and sometimes when i pee.This has been happening for almost 3 days.
I am totally freaked out and so i texted her and she said twice that it didn't break at all.How would i know if it had broke and if it broke i would have been inside her for atleast 10 seconds max.
so could you let me know if i am infected

and if you don't mind are there any pics or links where it shows how a condom looks when it is broken.

So pls help me and is it advisable to do home access test after 4 weeks to atleast ease my nerves a bit until 12 weeks test.

Is the home access test as good as the ones done in labs as i heard that it is 1st generation kit and it will take more time for the results.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:27:17 am by tissot70 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 08:45:59 am »
Tiss,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Protected intercourse is just that - protected. You've been told this before. If the condom had broken, you'd know about it.

If you insist on testing for peace of mind, the earliest you should test is at six weeks as the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by this time. Where there has been an actual risk, a six week negative must be confirmed at the three month point. You did not have a risk.

Home Access is a reliable, FDA approved test.

If you have a burning sensation in your penis, you need to see a doctor and get an STI (sexually transmitted infection) panel done. Other STIs are MUCH more easily transmitted than hiv and you may have gotten something from the blowjob. However, this is an hiv website, not an STI website, so we're not going to discuss your burning penis with you here. It's nothing to do with hiv. See a doctor about it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2009, 02:13:15 pm »
Thanks Ann for your reply.It eased my nerves a bit and i will test at 6 weeks with home access test.

The main reason i am worried about broken condom is bcoz i felt wetness after sometime i had inserted my penis into her vagina and when i removed my penis from her vagina the first time the condom was hanging by my penis i.e. the ring part and half of it only was on the penis and rest of all came out of penis and i could touch my penis in between.So that is the reason i thought it broke but she said it didn't break.

So i am confused and worried

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 03:27:24 pm »
OK. So go ahead and get tested as suggested. Like Ann I certainly expect you to get a negative result.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 04:03:12 pm »
Tiss,

As long as the head of your penis was covered - and it sounds like it was - then you were still protected.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 01:37:31 pm »
Thanks Ann and Andy for your replies.

I am not sure Ann if I my head was covered as i when i removed it first time i was able to see my upper layer of penis and condom hanging and i could touch my penis's skin in between the condom.

So that is what is freaking me out that the condom broke,but the lady said it didn't break and i was stupid not to check it.
I always followed your advise of using condoms but looks like this one broke .

I have a quick question .I am experiencing symptoms which as you said are not an indicator(chest pain,cough,weight loss).

So if really all these symptoms belong to Hiv and if i test at 4 weeks with home-access kit, it should show results right? just this answer will ease my nerves.I will again recheck at 6 weeks.

I am just worried that as home acess kit is 1st generation kit it may not show up so soon.
Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 02:36:11 pm »
Even if the condom broke you were still protected until that happened. The risk of transmission is very low from that single incident when you were protected at least part of the time.

You would be better off testing initially at 6 weeks after it happened. At that point all but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will have done so. You would still need to re-test at 13 weeks to be absolutely sure of your negative status. A negative at 6 weeks is a very strong indication that you will continue to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 05:59:57 pm »
Thanks Andy,
So if suppose as you said i test at 6 weeks and if i am lucky and with god's grace it is negative then all the symptoms i am having now(like chest pain,cough and loss of weight), are not related to hiv right bcoz if they are then i should test positive right?

And as you said so there is a possibility of infection as my condom broke, though the lady said it didn't break (i want to trust her but my mind is not agreeing)
Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 06:49:47 pm »
A negative test result at 6 weeks is a very strong indication that you will continue to test negative. It is extremely unlikely that your result at 13 weeks when you re-test will be anything other than another negative.

None of your symptoms are in anyway suggestive of being HIV-specific. You keep re-visiting every detail like did it break, didn't it break, etc. None of that helps you or will give you the test result, a result which I expect is going to be negative.

You need to make a real effort to focus your attention creatively on other matters in your life. And don't bother saying you're too worried to do that because I can tell you that answer is not going to fly here.

Ultimately I expect you to come out of this ok.

Andy Velez

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 06:48:37 am »
Sorry guys i am totally freaking out and no place where i can share .so i am just pouring over my thoughts here so that i will feel atleast a little bit light in my heart and head.

I started having chest pains and severe cough from 4-7 days of my exposure and has increased and decreased as time went on and now i am at 2.5 weeks after my exposure and i took nyquil cough syrup yesterday and cough has gone down a lot and i am planning to take home access test at 4 weeks ,though everyone says it is not worth at 4 weeks but it will atleast help me survive for 2 more extra weeks to be at 6 weeks.

Thanks for this forums to help insane people like me to be sane.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 08:13:32 am »
You should be discussing your symptoms with your doctor. Nothing about them even remotely suggests HIV to me.

Andy Velez

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 10:01:56 pm »
Hi ,
I just got tested at 3 weeks using home access as i was totally freaking out with anxiety and couldn't wait until 6 weeks without any test.Though it doesn't prove anything atleast it has come out as negative..I even talked to the lady again and said she also gets tested regularly and she is std-free,but still my mind is unable to take it.

I was wondering can i take the next home access test at 40 days, as for exact 6 weeks i will be busy somewhere and can't take the tension anymore of waiting after 6 weeks .

Thanks again for all the help Andy,Ann and everyone else.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 07:48:49 am »
tissot,

You can do more unnecessary testing whenever you like. I'm sure the people at Home Access love your custom.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 03:30:15 pm »
Ann

So anytime I check near 6 weeks it should come out negative. Is that what you meant. I am sorry I couldn't get the drift of it. So I am lucky enough that I will stay negative

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 05:54:20 pm »
Yes, we would expect you to continue to test negative. 

What you really need to do is let go of this unwarranted concern and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2009, 09:30:04 pm »
Thanks Andy...

Unfortunately i am unable to hold myself of fear and so just took the test on 29th day using home access and it came back negative.

I will take one more at 40 days just before holidays and then get done with it.Is 40 days as good as 6 weeks on home access .

I am just pouring myself out here as i am feeling some pain under my left armpit as if some nodes but don't know  and some ankle pain for last 3-4 days  and am able to sleep just around 7 hours at night and that too not good sleep though i am not doing anything physically straining and even my doc checked and said nothing.maybe my fear so thanks for all of you for helping freaks like me and having patience with us.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 08:56:04 am by tissot70 »

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2009, 08:39:23 am »
Hi Ann,Andy,

Just a small question as Ann has said that Home Access test is FDA Approved and as reliable as others.I just wanted to ask if it is as reliable at 6 weeks as other 3rd generation tests out there.As i am getting tested at 40 days i just wanted to get done with it and move on with my holidays.All this bcoz of possible condon break.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2009, 08:52:03 am »
Tissot,

Yes, Home Access is just as reliable at six weeks as other tests.

You really don't stand much of a chance of ending up positive as a result of this condom break. I've yet to see the insertive partner end up positive because of a broken condom and I do not expect you to be the first.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2009, 07:47:18 am »
I am so sorry Ann and Andy,but when i wake up alone in the morning i feel so tensed and panicked so i went and took the  home access test again  after 5 weeks and it came back negative.
I don't know if i got into habit or something once i take the test i can survive 7-10 days and again i start panicking.

Will take one on the 40 or 41st day just before thanksgiving for peace of mind before hols.Hope i am lucky and stay negative .all this bcoz i am uncircumsized and also that i had been having ankle pains consistently in both legs for more than 8 days started after 4 week.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2009, 06:22:16 pm »
That negative result is no surprise here. I expect you to continue to test negative. Whatever is going on with your ankles has nothing to do with HIV. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline tissot70

• Standard
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2009, 09:51:21 am »
Thanks Andy and Ann for all your support .I checked at 41 days using home access and as you had said i was lucky to be negative.

I will check after 3-4 weeks again to bring a closure to this.

Thanks

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.