Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:33:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 329
Total: 331

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Another Year has come and gone...  (Read 8870 times)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
Another Year has come and gone...
« on: March 03, 2011, 07:21:01 am »
marking the passing of 'good times'....

March 1: 58 years of existence: 18 years of HIV

Saw DRD and my new labs are posted below. I have been on the no longer-'no longer undetectable' list for the past year as my VL has started to steadily increase in spite of having what DRD diagnosed as a 'ton' of TCells.

Result: a new pill added to my regime: Isentress.

I was pretty bummed out and was already feeling sleepy and my hips/back/and legs were aching, but I painted on a smile as I was to meet Mom for lunch.

I got my wish from the Birthday Fairy for a leaf blower..no more sweeping   :D

Then we went to visit Katie in the nursing home. She is doing better. She has lost 5 lbs and is now on a regular exercise program with a therapist. She has to wear these 'boots' that velcro on to make her feet stay straight as they keep wanting to point to the side..like Charlie Chaplin  :D

I was really , really feeling very tired, and was relieved for an excuse to leave when they delivered her dinner tray...I guess my painted smile must have run into a grimace as everyone noted how tired I looked.

I didn't see how I could be tired since starting the Lyrica, I have only been awake, maybe 4 hours a day. :D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 07:22:39 am by rondrond »
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline bear60

Re: Another Year has come and gone...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 12:33:20 pm »
Well, Happy Birthday Ron.
58 years young ?  doesnt sound so bad.

I hope you have another good year ahead.  Isentress has been good to my partner Kurt.  He is off to Germany for the month of June.  Maybe its for two weeks, senior moment.  He religiously goes to the gym.  Treat yourself to a gym membership.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline rondrond

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 12:49:15 pm »
Thanks Joel,

ugh...do you happen to know how long Kurt has had his Passport?

I ,once upon a life, was in the Fort Worth Men's Chorus and we were going to go to Russia one year for some kind of singing event, but there arose an issue of our HIV members that they would not be allowed in. (then, this was in the late 90's)

I also have a ton of AA Airline miles built up and would love to go overseas, but don't have a passport...for that reason.

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 08:40:41 pm »
Happy birthday Ronnie  ;D I would come over and dance for you in my jock-strap, but you live far away  :P
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline rondrond

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 02:01:57 pm »
Happy birthday Ronnie  ;D I would come over and dance for you in my jock-strap, but you live far away  :P

do it anyway....at....10pmCST.....I'll make sure I'm in my recliner thinking of you with a towel and a bottle of jergens.. :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 02:05:08 pm »
Happy Belated Birthday ! ... I some how missed this thread
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 02:39:33 pm »

do it anyway....at....10pmCST.....I'll make sure I'm in my recliner thinking of you with a towel and a bottle of jergens.. :D

Oh Ronnie that's so sweet, I m gonna have to get in the old ford truck and come down there to FW and visit you for a spell, maybe we can get into some trouble, and I only mean that is a very good way  :-*
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 04:03:16 pm »
Happy Birthday . Confused about the passport? Still you can buzz around US, no?
Is the photo from a visually inpaired facility ?
So many ?so little time
love
mhtv
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline rondrond

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 08:19:00 pm »
.. ;D..Theyer, the photo is from a series 'Toilets Around the World'.... ::)

I can still do the US...but...my little sister just got back from France....just a little 'ol sibling rivalry.... ::)

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 08:27:09 pm »
Happy Birthday Ron!
I have had really good results with Isentress. My viral load had been around 10,000-30,000 for several years.

After 2 months, it was undetectable! It's been that way now ever since, with one blip month in there.

Best of luck with this!
Jeff
Positive since 1985

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 02:03:37 am »
OK, I'm late, but,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:07:11 am by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 03:58:00 pm »
Thanks Ron I will check its availability on Amazon

Can share the Sib riv, brother and family off to South Africa, Nephew sailing in Cape Town, have a great time said I.

Hope you enjoyed all your birthday celebs
mhtv
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline rondrond

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 08:07:37 am »
Thanks Mark, Theyer....

All in all it was a good birthday....I had IHOPS bacon and egg cheeseburger....*glares*  it was for just this once a year....they were also having a special pancake give-away... ::)

Jeffrey, Isentress arrived by mail on Monday, so Monday night was my first dose, and now Tuesday..I haven't felt any different.....

..all  know is my neuropathy has been burning like mad for the past three days....I hope this is an adjustment period for the Lyrica...

I've also spent the past two days, updating and upgrading the computer....those 'please wait' messages are driving me mad....plus downloading 134 updates...then...installing 134 updates.....

I'm also working on installing Window 7 as the latest news in my email is that microsoft stopped servicing Window XP as of October..(completely stop in 20014) .now, why would they do that?

Katie's new laptop came with Windows 7 already installed and it seems to work ..ok...I just hope it doesn't mess with my Firefox.....I also like Chrome...

If I disappear it's because of...'must restart computer for changes to take effect'  ..again ::)

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 01:46:45 am »
Happy Belated Birthday Boy!

I've been on Isentress since 07 and I've got no complaints with it.

BTW - You can sign up for IHOP's email thingie and get a free Rootie-Tootie Fresh and Fruity on your next B-day.  :o

Hugs & Stuff,
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline denb45

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 08:57:02 am »

BTW - You can sign up for IHOP's email thingie and get a free Rootie-Tootie Fresh and Fruity on your next B-day.  :o

Hugs & Stuff,
AA

This NOV 2011 I'll be able to get a seniors plate @ Deney's I'll finally be old enough, Ronnie you dear sweet man  :-* you see I'm getting up with ya, in age  :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:00:04 am by denb45 »

Offline rondrond

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 10:14:04 am »

BTW - You can sign up for IHOP's email thingie and get a free Rootie-Tootie Fresh and Fruity on your next B-day.  :o

Hugs & Stuff,
AA

ANDY!...andyandyandy...*prances around in a circle$  *tackles to the ground*
Where have you been young man?

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 10:44:53 am »
ANDY!...andyandyandy...*prances around in a circle$  *tackles to the ground*
Where have you been young man?

Oh me oh my ... if I knew I'd get that kind of welcome I'd come back sooner.  ;)
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline rondrond

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 10:47:44 am »
...and how are you doing and what have you been up to?....O.O *sits.. waiting for Andy's thread*....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 10:59:51 am »
I'm just peachy keen sweetie darling. 

Took a break from the forums for awhile and then just got busy with other things and got out of the habit of logging in.  I just started missing everyone (well almost everyone)  ;) ;) on here so much ... so long story short here I am again.  ::)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.