Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:45:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 220
Total: 221

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: "1 CD4" - What's the Cost in US Currancy?  (Read 13729 times)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
"1 CD4" - What's the Cost in US Currancy?
« on: June 28, 2006, 09:15:04 pm »
Five Days ago, I was dealing with a guest.  We were having a pleasant conversation and I was finalizing her "stay", then she Sneezed a big loogy at me without covering her mouth and I literally had to whipe my face!! "Oh I am sorry, I have this awful cold"   :'( I gave her this very glaring look and pulled my hanky out and wiped my face.   "I said oh that's ok" (you f**king ASS).  So given the fact she is a multi-millionaire.  How much do I charge for every CD4 that now is being directed at my cold that I have developed from this guest?   $1,000, $10,000 dollars?  Ive got her credit card.  I would just charge it under MIE (Miscellaneous Infection Expense).   I am sure the hotel will back me on that... I should have wished her well and "Thanked her for helping Kill me and come back soon!"

Anyway, I have a cold and this will be my first since my diagnosis.   Weeee... Another marker... :-\

Love
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:25:17 pm by Eric »

Offline BB

Re: 1 CD4 - What's the Cost in US Currancy?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:27:22 pm »
Rich rude wench. Bitch slap her next time. But cash out the credit card first.

Poor advice I know, but what is wrong with some people!

BB

Get well Eric and say hi to William.
Damn the Torpedoes! Full speed ahead! Adm. D. Farragut.

Started Atripla 8/18/06 and if I eat the right food when I take my meds, I get to go on a-trip-la.

Offline cubbybear

Re: "1 CD4" - What's the Cost in US Currancy?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 09:31:27 pm »
Totally agree with BB on that one Eric, you should have bitch slapped the troll.  Hurling boogers at high speed is so classy! NOT.  What's her credit card details? I need some new cross-trainers. LOL

I don't know how I've avoided colds and the flu so far, I've been sneezed and hacked on by my hairdresser, and my ex that I live with has also had the flu!

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 09:38:23 pm »
"Oh I am sorry, I have this awful cold"    

that's all she said?!!?   ??? ???  wow - she's atrociously self-centered  >:(

Offline Eldon

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 09:49:58 pm »
Eric,

That was so f******g rude of her. What gives her the right to send slob your way because she is a multi-millionare? None. Bitch slap is what she should have gotten.

Take some Advil Cold and Sinus and call it the day.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 10:02:23 pm »
I was looking through the Associate Handbook index and could not find "Bitch Slap". Woha is me.. :'(

Offline Teresa

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 10:24:05 pm »
That is down right gross.... :o >:( :o :o :o
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Robert

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 11:34:00 pm »
Good question Eric.

Here's how I see it.

I've been on meds since Dec. 2004. (30 months).
I spend an average of $2000.00/MONTH.

Total spent on drugs:  $60,000.

current T-cells     540
T-cells Dec. 2004: 18

Net increase:  528 T-cells.

Cost per T-cell (528/60,000) = 115.00.

That's just the cost of the medicine.  That does not take into account the cost of the Dr.s visits, transportation, ancillory costs incurred to depression, anxieity, time off from work, etc.    And, of course, there is always that ever-present "pain and suffering". 

I'm sure there is an economist somewhere who can put values on all the intangibles and come up with a good number.  Until then, well, let's just round it off to, say, $200 - $250 per T-cell?  I don't know.  What do yo think?

robert

(who wouldn't be the least surprised if someone somewhere has already figured this out)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 06:42:23 am »

Hmmm... I always thought CD4 cells were priceless.

I would have said to her what I always say to people who cough/sneeze in my face...

"Didn't your mother teach you to cover your mouth when you cough/sneeze? It's what polite people do, you know."

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 09:05:22 am »
I agree with, Ann.
These friggin' T-Cells are absolutely PRICELESS!!
Feel better, Eric  ;)

Peace,
Kelly
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 09:34:43 am »

"Improper toilet training lasts forever!".............................."You Cannot Fix Stupid"................"Once an ASS, always an asshole"................................
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 10:28:46 am »
Jesus Thats Gross. And on top  of it, Rude as hell.
Perhaps you could get them to add BITCH SLAP to the employee handbook. Because some times words just aren't enough.

I like the formula for figuring the cost of Tcells, mine seem to be about $70. a pop. I guess Im a cheap Date...
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 10:45:32 am »
One of our Credo's at one of the hotels I work for is...

L A D I E S   A N D   G E N T L E M A N   S E R V I N G - - - - - -   "A S S H O L E S !"

Thanks Guys,  I am pretty resilient (so far)..  I thank god I have a Pappa who's a doc and a brother who is a Pharmacist....  But I am still pissed.  And I am sure my immune system is saying "OH BLOODY HELL"  That's what I get for working in a place where certain folks "walk on water" and money and maners has know meaning....  I definitely don't live in a reality based society (at work).

I am still at work with my box of Kleenex, but I am being good to myself..

Love
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 10:54:40 am by Eric »

Offline Lwood

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 01:17:10 pm »
I didn't think Id ever reccomend this, but she deserves A Jamaican Raspberry    one good deed deserves another.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 01:41:45 pm »
Lwood.... You would go far in the Guest Service Industry!!!  General Manager material!!! lol :D

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 02:05:37 pm »
You could also buy share options of the labs that make HIV drugs. Every time you take a pill, you would be richer! HIV can make you rich!
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline Lwood

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 02:29:32 pm »
hmmmm, perhaps I could go with " Smartasses Serving Dumb Assholes" as a mission statement
( I recognize that "ladies and gentlemen serving"... line , and its my Favorite Hotel chain  love their Champagne !!)
I promise not to spew any Lugees next time I stay.
The good ol' Jamaican Raz may only exist in cyberspace , but the Stink Palm is a reality ... and Yes, Ive done it.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 02:52:07 pm »
I think I have to move my internet setting to ADULT to open "STINK PALM".  I can only imagine... And mine (imagination) works pretty well...

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 11:01:46 pm »

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 01:19:29 am »
Hey Eric,

i get to commiserate with you.  i've got a nasty cold just gaining steam right now.  i'm blaming mine on the wenches from work -- they're always talking about their kids all being sick.  No loogies involved that I know of.  it'll be the first time i've been sick since, well, "being sick" back in January.

(No PCP this time hopefully)

I'm doubling up on my Vitamin C even as I type.  Of course that probably fucks with my immune system in some unknown way too.  Doh!

Take care,
John

Offline Lwood

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 09:01:36 am »
Here's an idea, combine the bitch Slap with The Stink palm and you get the  STANK SLAP which is reminiscant of something Beavis and Butthead might do... maybe I should submit that one to Urban Dictionary...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.