Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:05:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 205
Total: 208

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: LADIES THREAD # 67.....HOLY CRAP, THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMMING!!!!!  (Read 48775 times)

Offline netta

LADIES THREAD # 67.....HOLY CRAP, THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMMING!!!!!
« on: November 04, 2009, 12:58:32 pm »
HEY LADIES, hope everyone is fine. Yes its that time again! Thanksgiving, then Christmas! are you getting ready???? ::) :)
Living on a fixed income, I don't worry much about spending money I don't have. I make homemade gifts and feel good about it!!!
The only thing I get excited about is its closer to income tax time!!!! Now that I got a working hubby thats something to really celebrate!
Had a great Haloween, trick o treating in our subdivison was great, all kinds of folks were out with their kids at nite and security was right there! Of course I am stealing my grandkids candy.
On a funny note, my DH played a trick on us, I am going to kill him! lol
This morning my oldest grand came running in the room, saying there was a rat in the hallway, now we don't have rats, maybe some fieldmice out side, I don't see too good without my glasses, so I looked and I saw something  big as a rat, but it did not move, my daughter, and grandkids and I almost had a heart attack!!!! no one would go near it, it looked so real, my daughter almost fainted, we locked ourself in her bedroom and called the kids dad to come over, only problem, someone had to go to the door to let him in and pass the rat!! He knocked on the door so long and was ready to leave! finally my daughter ran screaming to the door, let him in, and ran back to the bedroom, he looked at the rat and saw it was a rubber toy!!! he picked it up, but we didn't believe him, finally we looked at it and it sure enough was a toy rubber rat with a long tail!!! we don't have any toys like that so my DH must of planted it earlier when he went to work!!!,Its not even aprils fools! When we were alll locked up in the bedroom, screaming and bugging out, my six year old gd told us "ya'll should be praying" it was so funny, we were so scared! i had tocalm down after that and almost had a drink! Thats my excitement for the day.

Queen- hope you get the apartment ! take care
Betty- I guess, I can't get away from that word "crap" didn't mean to use it again. lol
Cindy- congrats on your engagement!!!!!
Ann- Happy Birthday!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:37:47 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline emeraldize

Re: LADIES THREAD # 67.....HOLY CRAP, THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMMING!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 03:03:55 pm »

liked the    RUBBER RAT  story
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:37:33 pm by emeraldize »

tendai

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 02:48:25 am »
yeah Netta, lol!!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 05:43:21 am »
Netta, if I were you, and my hubby put a rubber rat out that scared the shit out of me, I would probably do something back.  I just can't think of anything good.     About the holidays, I hear ya about only doing what you can.  A friend of mine said she and her family agreed a couple years ago to only buy for the children, not the adults.  Which makes sense.  I mean, most adults have what they need.

Work drove me insane yesterday.  But, I guess everybody goes through that.  I hope your wrist is feeling better, Queen. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 12:32:52 pm »
Not much going on with me today, I am relaxing after 2 very hectic days. The wrist is feeling a little better til I try to do something with it.  I am trying to look forward to the holidays but not sure because there has been drama jumping off between Papi,daughter, and daughter's bf. At this point I don't know how the holidays are going to be. I refuse to get caught up in it. I just let Papi vent to me or he goes to the gym to work out his frustration.

Netta, I say get hubby back but you gotta wait for it. If you do something now, he'll be looking for it.

Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 07:47:49 am »
Queen, I think that's cool that you're not getting involved in the drama with Papi and daughter.  Is she a teenager?  I was just wondering because a good friend of mine e-mailed me, telling me about all the problems she's having right now with her teenage daughter and the daughter's boyfriend.  That's a hard age for sure.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 11:03:46 am »
Day 2 of the drama. This time I got woke up to Papi yelling. And I am hearing this with hearing aids out, ok. The bf got mad and left the door open unbeknown to me. Papi comes back in yelling some more. The daughter has threatening to leave. And I am trying to be off in my own little world. And the truth of it is Papi has a right to be pissed off. But being the age they are, 18 and 21 with a baby, they think Papi is obligated to take care of them. What a way to start the morning. I'll be taking my frustration out in Warcraft. I hope this is not a preview of how the weekend is going to be....*sighs*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 11:25:09 am »
Netta- Funny story and great thread title.

Queen-Glad your wrist is feeling better.

Ten- Hey girl- How is it going?

BT- Hope work is better today or whenever you go in next.

Moon- Congrats on the engagement.

I have been in a funk, got served by the sheriff to go back to court again.  I feel like this is never going to end.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline netta

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 04:10:37 pm »
Moon- Oh No not again,court for what????
Queen- I hope things quiet down for you
Tendai- howu doin!!!!!!!!(Wendy style)

Nothing new with me, still nursing my bronchitis, cough and sore throat.
hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 07:05:24 am »
Morning all,

Queen, that's a very frustrating situation.  Hopefully something will get worked out and things will quiet down for you.

Snow, I think that totally sucks that you have to go to court again.  I wish SB would leave you alone!  Just hang in there. 

Netta, I didn't know you had bronchitis.  I hope it gets better soon.

Well, yesterday I did some running around.  For graduation, I got a watch from my therapist and his wife.  It's a Bulova, and it's from Macy's.  Of course, the gift receipt was in the package.  Well, the clasp won't close, so yesterday I took it to Macy's to get fixed.  The lady there informed me they don't do that kind of thing, and that I would either have to take it to the jeweler, or try to get the work done under the warranty.  That really pissed me off.   Monday, I'm going to call the manager of the Macy's here, and let him know how disappointed I am about Macy's not standing behind their merchandise better.  I also tried to exchange it, as I've had a couple other problems with it, and the lady said that had to be done within 30 days of the purchase.  So, when I got in my car, I was tempted to throw it out the window, but decided that wouldn't have been a good idea.  I don't want to pay a lot to get it fixed, and I'm thinking a jeweler would cost a fortune.  Maybe I can find one who would give me a free estimate.

Today I'm taking the grandkids to see 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.'  And I'm cleaning this morning.  Nothing other than that.  You all have a good one.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 08:17:08 pm »
BT

See PM

Em
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:03:16 pm by emeraldize »

Offline netta

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 03:58:20 pm »
 INTRODUCING, MY NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY, LUCY LUV!!!!! :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:51:59 pm by netta »

Offline missy

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 06:24:08 pm »
Your new addition is so cute. I am working hard to get settled, I didn't realize I have so much stuff! Trying to weed through and decide what to keep. Take care all. Mary

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 05:28:51 am »
Netta, she's just adorable!

Mary, good luck with your moving.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 07:37:47 am »
Oh, Netta, she is SO cute!  How do the grandkids like her?

The concert Saturday was FABULOUS!  We left our house at 6am and got home just before midnight.  We danced for about 2 1/2 hour.  I was in so much pain!  I took Ibuprofin and 2 muscule relaxers before I could finally sleep.  I woke up yesterday feeling like I'd been run over by a Mac Truck.  My left ankles have been replaced by golf balls and the top of right foot is swollen.  Even with all that - I would do it again in a heartbeat.

My doctor's visit scheduled for last Wed. was rescheduled for today at 11:30am.  I'm going to talk to her about having a CAT scan on my back.  I've had S-1 issues for years.  If I sit too long (especially in a hard chair or bench) my back catches when I try to stand up.  It feels like my legs are being knocked out from under me.  I'm also hoping that she'll refill my allergy meds.  She said she wouldn't - hopefully she'll change her mind.

Not much going on today.  I don't start dance class again until January, but the kids still have class until the first part of December.  At some point, I need to go grocery shopping and Wednesday our Autism Worker is coming over to hang out with #4 and discuss her fears.  We're hoping to work out some strategies to get her through the more crippling / dangerous issues.

Make it a good Monday!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline vivyt

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 08:25:27 am »
Hey Everyone! I did not realize how long it had been. I just have so much on my plate right now. I'm just checking in to say Hi! I see a lot has been going on!  :) Will chit chat more later

Andrea

Offline netta

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 11:57:29 am »
  :o oops my bad, we just found out Lucys is ia boy  !!!!! lol So we named him Louie! guess I'll have to get rid of all the pink!!!!!
The girls love HIM. He cried and fussed all nite in his crate!

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 05:00:11 pm »
Netta- HE is just adorable!!

Offline netta

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 08:09:03 pm »
NEWS FLASH,[move] ITS A GIRL [/move]

I TOOK PUPPY TO VET, AND ITS LUCY NOT LOUIE !!!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:16:45 pm by netta »

Offline missy

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 08:46:47 pm »
Had to chuckle girl boy it doesn't matter...she is so cute.

Offline minismom

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 09:16:56 pm »
Netta, I know EXACTLY what you mean!  When we got Ava, Hubby said that she was the best hung female he'd ever seen :o  I asked our vet and she said it was all the hormones.  Now that she's been spayed, it'll go down.

Lucy'll cry just like any other baby.  But, if you want her to be crate trained, keep her in the crate.  Get her a blankie and put it in there with her.  She'll learn that it's an OK place to be and the whining will stop.  Poor baby.

A friend of our's is acting as a foster parent for her son's 4wk old son who was removed from the hospital by DHHR.  She took 2 wks off of work and goes back next Monday.  Guess who's going to be keeping the baby.  You got it - US!  So, starting next week, for 45hrs / wk, we will be adding a wee baby (barely 6lbs. at 6wks old) to the mix.  At least we won't have during the night so I still get my sleep.  Our friend is 48 and the biological mother asked her if our friend would be willing to adopt the baby.  Now it looks like what our friend thought would be a temporary situation may actually turn out to be permanant. :-\  Tough situation.

Hubby has to go talk his advisor tomorrow about getting the rest of his classes scheduled.  He's taking 5 classes and has only been able to sign up for 2.  The same professor is teaching the other 3 classes and keeps telling Hubby that he'll get into the class, but so far he hasn't given Hubby the code he needs to get in.  What a headache.

Make it a good one.
Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 05:43:07 am »
Netta, that's funny about the sex of your puppy.  She's very cute, nonetheless.

Andrea, it's good to see you.  What's going on?

Mum, I wouldn't even want to think of taking care of a newborn full time again.  I love newborns, don't get me wrong, it's just so much responsibility.  If I had to, I'd probably keep myself up all night worrying about not being able to hear the babe when (s)he woke up during the night.  My daughter's talking about coming here next spring, with my newest granddaughter and the father (her boyfriend).  She said they want to spend a couple days in Chicago, and wants to know if I would watch the baby.  Luckily by then, she'll be almost a year.  Of course I'd watch her regardless.    Good luck with hubby getting into the classes.  He has to have a code? 

Do you all remember me talking about my friend's son that got shot in the back of the head, and him mouthing that he wants to live?  Well, he's septic, and his right lung has collapsed.  According to his mother, they're keeping him comfortable.  They did catch the shooter, in quite a few towns over.  I guess they followed his girlfriend to where he was at. 

I'm taking this two night computer class, it's beginning Word.  I have to for work.  So, I go to the class at night. I'm pretty tired this morning, and my head hurt last night because of being in front of the computer for so long (6 hours at work, 3 hours at school).  And I've come to a conclusion-I wouldn't want a career in computers.                                      Have a good one all.

Offline minismom

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 08:26:06 am »
Betty, the way the school workds here is that students have to meet with their advisors every semester before they can sign up for classes.  The advisor has to approve their courses and gives them a code they have to use at the end of signing up.  If they aren't "coded" in, then a message comes up that they aren't registered. He was coded in by his advisor for the 2 classes, but the professor has to code him in to the other 3 classses.  I guess long gone ar the days when I had to run around  collecting cards to get into classes.

I figured out long ago that I am NOT cut out to work with, on, or for computers.  For some reason, I haven't found a computer that I can get along with. :-\

4 of our kids, including Mim, have bad coughs.  They say they don't feel sick, but their noses are running and they have this odd throaty cough.  I'm thinking of calling our autism worker and cancelling tomorrow.

Have a good one!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 11:02:45 am »
LOL@ Lucy, Louie then Lucy again. That happened to me once with a cat, thought it was a boy to find out it was a girl. But she is adorable none the less. I can see her with a bow and sweaters.

Well, I didn't get the apartment. The landlord says he only wants working people even if they have Section 8. WTF? I don't know anybody that works and is on Section 8. Oh wait, you, Betty. So later on today I am going to look at 2 studio apartments. I put in for another extension but I am doubting that I will get it. So, I will have to choose between the 2 studios and take what I can get so I don't lose my Section 8.

Tomorrow I go to see a doctor. Papi made the appointment so I am not sure if it is an HIV or PCP doctor. I  need to get references to a few other doctors. I think my hearing aids are starting to die on me so I really need to find an ENT doctor right away. I am anxious to see where everything is, test wise. I haven't seen a doctor since July or August.

6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 05:47:14 am »
Mum, how are the kids doing?  I hope whatever it is they have clears up.   I've never had to "get cards," or anything else when registering for classes, and I've been to 3 different colleges.  I suppose everyone does it different though.  Tell hubby good luck.

Queen, girl, I hope you can get your bloodwork done soon, and also find a good ENT.  That would suck if your hearing aids quit working.  Do you have to replace them every so often?  I know you've had trouble with them in the past.   And yeah, I still get section 8, and here's why.  There's a few laws regarding people on section 8, also on disability, who get a job.  For the first year, section 8 can't count the income from the job.  For the 2nd year, they can only count 50%.  From then on, they count 100%.  I didn't know this.  It was a benefits counselor who told me, and gave me the paper to give to the section 8 lady.  So, that's how that happened.  Good luck with the studios.  I hope you get one you like.

Tonight is the other Word class.  It's the last one, thank God.  I don't like working on a computer all day, then staring at it again for another 3 hours.  Things are highly stressful at work, because of me not knowing all this stuff on the computer, the different programs.  I don't have a lot of confidence in myself there, so I think that's making things harder. And my boss has the worst case of ADD I've ever seen in an adult (seriously).  And that makes me nervous as well.  Hopefully after a few more months, things will be better.  I am thankful I have this job, don't get me wrong.  I just wish I knew more.             Well, I guess that's it.  You all have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 07:37:38 am »
Betty, all the kids now have the runny nose, cough, low-grade fever, whatever it is.  I emailed our autism worker and told her it would probably be best she not come today since I'm not sure if the kids are contageous or not.  Our oldest seems to be over it, but now our youngest is starting.  #5 started yesterday afternoon but hasn't had a fever (yet - knock on wood!).  They "act" fine for a while, then lay around for a while which is so NOT them.  Then there's our #2 with the immunity of steel.  If he gets anything, it might last for 24hrs, then he's fine.

Hubby has 2 more weeks of school, then finals.  During that time, he has 6 tests and 8 quizzes.  Crunch time and the professors are behind.  Better him than me.

Mall is having sales so that's one place I WON'T be.  I have class tonight and have no plans of getting out of my jamas until then. 

Queen, good luck with the studio apartments.  Youngest daughter's hearing aides are giving us problems, too.  Unfortunately, the audiologist said there was no insurance that I could buy to cover them if they got broken / lost (like the $18 "insurance" you can buy to cover eye glasses).  Her regular insurance will only cover a new pair every 2yrs unless she outgrows them.  I don't want to know how much a new pair will cost.

To all the rest of you - have a wonderful Wednesday!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 03:09:41 pm »
Hello GF'S, my computer is jumping letters around! so forgive any mistakes :-[
yes that was so funny about the puppy. I have a crate and keep  her iin it at nite,shee still crys,but it will take a while,she has fleas!  scratching so I took her to get her shots and deworming and flea meds.he person I got her from, did flea med her and bath but of course  this had me paronoid,but the vet said not to worry, the fleas will die and only want her! Still I bought some flea spray and sprayed my house! Lucy got it from the mother.The Advantage meds make her smell funny, but other than that she is healthy.
I went to the doc and got antibiotics, I have an upper respitory infection, sore throat,and cough from bronchitis. Seems the cough can take months to go away!

Betty- I am sure you will catch up at work, it takes time, Don't worry about it. I know your boss is stressing you out with the add. this job is only a stepping stone, not your career.Ok your friends son is still alive! ??what does septic mean!
Queen- take the studio for now, you can find what you want next year, maybe??
Mums I hope the kids are better, my dh is sick with  cough and cold now.no fever though.
a lot of this going around!

Take care all!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 03:18:41 pm by netta »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 09:48:05 pm »
Well, I think I have lost my section 8. Tomorrow technically is my last day. I went to see the studios but the landlord there is saying he wants to see my background check before he signs any papers. And went on to rant about the last tenants he had. I am wondering what the hell that has to do with me. I am a bit pissed because the real estate broker I saw guaranteed me an apartment/studio before my section 8 expires. He was suppose to meet with the landlord today to see if he would sign the papers. He never got back with me. I don't know if it was because today was Veteran's Day or not but no call. The section 8 back home says I can't have another extension because I can only get 120 days and she says I used them. I don't know how when I only got 2 extensions. The first one was only for 2 weeks. i tried to call the lady from section 8 here but she never answers her phone nor does she seem to have her voicemail turned on so that someone could leave a message. I am wondering if I do get the paperwork back signed,how can I reach her to make an appointment. And if I do get an appointment, will she say I need an extension so she can complete the paperwork. The other lady here did that, that's why I had to get an extension in the first place.

I just can't believe that landlords here really do not like people on section 8 or if they do, they want them to be working as well. I must admit I am feeling pretty bummed out about it. Papi is feeling like it is his fault though it is not. Now I have to try to find a place through another program.

Mum, I had gotten my hearing aids through a place called The Starkey Foundation. There was a 200 buck co=pay but OVR paid that. My left hearing aid is barely functioning. I can hear with it a lil if I use my cell phone or my mp3 player. I think the right one is starting to go bad too. The audiologist back home basically told me they were on their last leg. My insurance wouldn't cover the cost of new ones or repair. And Starkey only gives you another pair every 5 years. I have had mine for 3 years. I have so much on my plate right now that I haven't had time to see about what I can do here in NY.

I am trying to stay optimistic but I must admit it is hard.... :(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 11:07:27 pm »
Queen-Sorry things have been so hectic lately, maybe they will give you some lee-way since it was a holiday today and you can call give the agent the riot act.

Mum- I hope your kiddos feel better soon, 2 of mine have bad coughs too.

BT- Do you have email at work?  If so, I can send you my email and if you get stuck you can send me a message. I have internet on my phone, I had to teach myself word and excel when I was working and got pretty good at it.  When you learn the basics, you will do fine.  Don't know what to say about the boss, that must be stressful, just try to take deep breathes when she is around.

Netta- That is funny about not knowing if it was a boy or a girl, glad you got it figured out.  I hope you feel better too.

I have been feeling miserable and frustrated.  I have been trying hard not to but sometimes I can't help it.  I think I posted that I got served by the sheriffs office again.  This fool wants visits , hasn't contacted the visitation center to set up visits like the court told him to and he is taking me back to court? I went yesterday to see my lawyer and they want more money.  He usually gets $2500 everytime he has to go to court.  My mother paid the last retainer and we went to court twice and because he has been working so long on this case and knows my situation, he is going to charge me $1500 for this next court date.  Isn't that nice? :o  Thankfully, my mother is going to pay it again but it pisses me off.  She only had the money because my grandmother just passed. I could use that money for the kids or the house, not this asswipe. Honestly, it scares the shit out of me, thinking of what I survived, I think I would die if anything like that happened to my son. When my son gets older and around his size, he is not going to want anything to do with him, he wants someone he can manipulate and scare.  His ex finally got her divorce and he got awarded overnight visits with his daughter every other weekend , she refuses to send her and I don't blame her. One thing I have going for me is that I have a a boy.  I was posting in another thread about street justice and suddenly remembered how physically painful sex was with him. Obviously, while he was in jail, he didn't have access to Viagra so he would hold his shit and it was just like he was punching me over and over down there with his knuckles.  I think I just have to admit to myself that he was basically raping me and get over it.  Like I said, in that thread, I would be alright it I didn't have to deal with his ass anymore.  I don't know if I asked this before but has anyone ever tried being hypnotized.  I want to remember everything and get it out of my system,  I wonder if that would help?  Any thoughts?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 05:49:07 am »
Morning all,

Mum, tell hubby I'm thinking about him with all those finals coming up.  Stress.   I hope the kids are feeling better.  Yeah, if kids aren't up and playing, you know something's wrong.  There are lots of people with coughs and runny noses right now.  I talked to my daughter last night, and she said for the last couple days that's what she's had.  I hope no one else catches it.

Netta, sepsis is basically where infection gets into the bloodstream.  It's like poison, and usually the kidneys end up shutting down if the infection can't be cleared, and that's kinda the end of life.  Not everyone with sepsis dies; that's what put me in my coma years ago, but I guess they were able to clear it, or at least get it under control so it could be cleared.         I don't blame you for being paranoid about fleas.  I inherited a cat once from one of my nieces, and she had fleas really bad.  I ended up taking her to this country vet, who used this spray on her.  I ended up having to flea-bomb my apartment.  It was a mess.

Queen, that sucks.  I really hope something's able to be worked out.  I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts, and send good ones your way.  Are there other programs, like ones for people with HIV there you'd be able to use? 

Snow, I hate the fact that that asshole is taking you back to court.  The court should just terminate his rights already.  About hypnosis, well, years and years ago I was hypnotized to try to quit smoking, and it worked for a little while.  But, it wasn't really where someone put me under, it was very deep relaxation.  I've always been very, very hesitant about hypnosis.  I just wouldn't want to think someone else could take over my mind like that.  Of course, it would be for a good thing in your situation.  Maybe you could just check around, and maybe check out a couple places reputation.  I'll try to remember to pm you my e-mail, because yes, I can check it at work.  The main program I have problems with is Publisher, which is what the church does the bulletin in.  It's a pain in the ass to say the least.  The pastor is talking about doing the newsletter soon, and I have no idea what they do that in, but another church office manager was telling me she does it in Publisher, so I'm not looking forward to it.

Well, it's the last day of the work week for me (yay).  This week was pretty stressful.  Yesterday the boss wasn't there, and it was nice and relaxed, and I was able to get some stuff done.  I need to order some stuff for the office, and I'm not sure if I can just call Staples and order it, or what.  That's something I'm going to have to ask.  Yesterday I had to do a letter to the church members, and when I was printing it, I almost ran out of letterhead.  I had to make copies, and of course the color in the letterhead didn't show up on the copies.  Oh well, don't know what to say.

Other than that, I'm feeling a bit tight in the chest, and kind of "lanky," (sorry, I don't know a better word).  My kitty jumped on my bed this morning around 4:30.  I was upset at first, but then happy, when I realized my sugar crashed.  It was like 50. :-\  I had some sugar soda here I was able to drink.     Well, I hope everyone has a good day.  And again, Queen, I'm thinking about you.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2009, 01:16:48 am »
WOW, nary a response for 2 days. Everyone must be busy. So that means you ladies should have something to talk about when you get back. Kinda been in a funk today. No real reason though I am bummed about losing my section 8. I did everything they told me to do but I was not willing to live somewhere where I did not feel safe. And you know the rest.... :(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2009, 07:35:37 am »
I wish I had a long, sordid weekend adventure story, but I don't.  We spent yesterday cleaning the house top to bottom.  The only thing I wasn't able to do was wash my walls.  I use those magic erasers and I ran out of them.  Didn't feel like driving the 40-mile round trip to get them when I'd be in town on Monday.  They'll just have to wait and get washed Tuesday. Honestly, I don't think they mind ;)

Mim's MRI is FINALLY scheduled for 12/11 at 8am.  We'll be leaving between 5:30 and 6am.  Hubby will stay home with the other kids and the baby we'll be getting tomorrow.  That night is also the kids' winter program.  Even though she's being sedated for the MRI, I don't foresee any issues with Mim making it that night.  She's never had an issue waking up and always walks out by herself (then eats a ton of Chick-fil-A  ::))  Depending what the test shows, she should finally be able to get her handicap parking ticket.  I told her ID doc that I really needed it before Black Friday..lol..so I could get a better parking space when mom and I go shopping.

Other than the baby coming tomorrow morning (at 6:30am), not much else going on.  Like I said, no sordid tales of crazy adventures.  I've not gotten out of my PJ's since Friday afternoon.  Hopefully the rest of you have had a weekend to remember and I can live vicariously through you ;D

Make it a good one!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2009, 05:47:36 am »
Queen, I think it totally sucks about your section 8.  Have you been in touch with an ASO yet?  I was wondering if they would have information for people with HIV and housing.  I hope there's a program you'll be able to use there.  It sounds like New York makes it very difficult for people with section 8 to find good housing.  I'm thinking about you, and including you in my prayers, truly.

Mum, this MRI is to check for avascular necrosis, isn't it?  I've been diagnosed with it for, probably about 8 or 9 years, and don't have any cartilage left in either knee.  I'm sure the doctor will explain everything if that's what's found.  I feel for Mim, tell her I'm cheering her on from Hoosierville.   I've been thinking about getting a handicapped hangtag also.  I used to have one years ago, but of course it expired, and I've never gotten another one.    And good luck with the baby.  Sorry, no wild stories here.  I believe I'm too old for wildness (is that a word?).

Saturday night, though, a friend of mine I work with had a b.d. party for her mom, who I also work with.  It was at the daughter's house.  So, I decided to go.  There was very loud music, and a lot of drinking.  I only stayed a couple hours.  Had I been in my late teen's, early 20's, I would have loved a party like that.  But, I just wasn't into it.  They did have some terrific food, though, and everyone had to take a plate with them.  And that was the most happening thing I did this weekend.  Back to the grind today.  I'm going to try some deep breathing before I go in.  I've been getting a terribly nervous tummy before going in, and I don't like that feeling.  It would be better if I knew everything on the computer, and the boss was gone everyday (hee).  You all have a good one.

tendai

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2009, 10:03:39 am »
hie ladies

been a while. just wanted to say
betty - congrats on the job
cindy - congrats on the engagement
im really happy for you guys.

nothing much happening. im hoping tomorrow i can go and get a prescription to start meds. i hope they wont need new labs and just work on the september ones.
im still with my boyfriend, gosh, he'd come to work with me if he could ::) he's putting the pressure on for me to start meds

i saw this on facebook. i mean u just gotta laugh...

Offline netta

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2009, 03:45:11 pm »
Tendai, so good to here from you! glad you have a love interest!

QUEEN-sorry about the section eight, but NY should have the best housing programs for (plwa, people living with aids) also disability conections, if you apply for housing somewhere in a program like these,you would be at the top of the list, because of these 2 things and also you are considered "homeless" when you are staying with someone, this also puts you at the top of the list for a place to lives. check out these services below;
robinhood.org
nyc aids housing network
[queens center for progress
disabled ny housing & indepedant living

I am feeling better,no coughing! yeah!!! have an appt at my id clinic tomorrow.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 04:21:11 pm by netta »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2009, 08:59:25 pm »
Hi GFs~

Sorry I have been away so long.  I just turned 40 last Saturday on 11/14.  Ice and Cheech and I headed to OC on Saturday morning.  We were going to go on Friday but we had to wait for the remains of Ida to blow through.  They had closed OC down on Thursday night due to high water, etc., so we waited until Saturday to head out.  I got a sheepskin seat cover for my car to help my back some, as a bday gift.  I only have a few more payments on my car, so that's good.

Ice and I are trying to think of a wedding date, perhaps May 8th or 22nd, we're not sure.  I got a diamond necklace for my 40th bday also, very unexpected when all I wanted was a few bottles of lotion from Victoria's Secret.  Yay!

I know I have to post a ring picture, don't have one yet -- picture, not ring, lol.  We went and exchanged the original ring for a set with a wedding band and its gorgeous!  

Queen, I hope you're doing alright with the Section 8 crap going on.  :(

Hello to BT, Mum, Snow (hang in there), Netta and the rest of this great Hen House!

I hope these pics take......let's see!

The beach one is at Ocean City on my birthday.  You can see that the ocean came right up to the dunes and washed the sand back out to sea.  It was a royal pain finding a place to get down onto the beach, as well as back up!  Whew!

The second pic is my Heavy Metal self on Halloween, lol!

Love all of you!

~ Cindy

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:02:40 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2009, 05:48:50 am »
Tendai, it's so good to hear from you.  I'm glad things are going well with your boyfriend.  Loved the pic, by the way.  And good luck with the meds.  Have you thought about which ones you'd like to start with?

Cin, love the pic of you on Halloween!  40th, aye?  Happy belated birthday.  After I hit 40, I figured the only significant birthdays anymore are going to be the ones that end in "0." 

Yesterday work was extremely stressful.  The boss was actually yelling at a man who came in to help with the church's heater system.  And she acted like she was going to explode the rest of the day.  A friend of mine suggested I talk to her when she gets like that, but she already acts like she's a bit "higher up" than me, so I don't want to risk anything.  Anyway, I hope today goes better.  You all have a good one.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2009, 08:06:14 pm »
Hi GFs~

BT sorry to hear the boss is a bit of a livewire.  Maybe playing the song from Motley Crue and having her slam in the pit would relieve some stress for her?  LOL  JK, but I just saw my Halloween pic and thoughts turned to Metal.  It IS a great stress reliever!  I would keep my lip zipped for now, since you just got into the place.  I have found that whenever I try to help out, people feel like I'm stepping on their toes, blah blah.  Hang back a bit first, I say.

Well, I have been on pins and needles for a month where Cheech is concerned.  First the skin issues, then liver probs with labs and then losing function of his back legs -- all in a 2 week span.  I am trying to chill out some.  The skin cleared up, the liver enzymes being elevated are part of being "old" and finally, the legs.  This has been breaking my heart for weeks, as things were really bad at the end of Oct, right when I should be happiest, when getting engaged.

Well, Ice and I have taken it easy on Cheech for the past few weeks, helping him down the stairs on a leash so he doesn't get ahead of himself, not letting him outside when the other dogs are next door -- he likes to bolt up and down the fenceline.  Turns out the taking it easy has done some good!  Ice let Cheech out today and sure enough the two female dogs were next door.  Cheech full-out sprinted and didn't miss a beat, Ice said.  I am so relieved!  We just say "Easy" when he starts going nuts, and its paid off.

OK, enough about my dog, you know how much I love my Cheech.   :D

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 08:08:07 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2009, 05:39:42 am »
Cin, I'm so sorry to hear about Cheech's problems.  I knew about the skin issues, and you mentioned the liver, but I didn't know he was having problems with his back legs.  Poor guy. :(  I know how much you love him.   That was a great comment about head banging.  Sometimes when I feel stressed, I'll go on youtube, and play a song, and sit in my chair and rock out a bit.  Maybe when I've been there for awhile, I can mention it to the boss. 

I did make a sign on a piece of paper, with various sayings on it, like "don't be intimidated," "let go and let God," and put it on my desk.  The boss saw it I believe, and the day was better.  No yelling, no harrowing ADD-crazed person running around like crazy, and she told me next week she's going to be gone from Tues-Saturday.  Yipee!  So, hopefully things will be a bit better.  I'm going in Friday, because someone from another church is going to come by and help me with one of the programs (Publisher).  You all have a good one.

Offline netta

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2009, 04:23:54 pm »
Hi GF's !
went to the id clinic yesterday, my viral load went up a little to 2,000. Due to me not taking the new meds correctly, but I am back on track.
I have been told the results of my sonagram, is a" fatty liver" and that is why I had so many stomach problems in the past do to certain foods, which I hav to do research on.
Any how went to my aso last nite to plan for World Aids Day (Dec. 1). We have a candlelite vigil and a service at an undenominational church with local priests and ministers , rabbis of different faiths. i am speaking this year about the services I have had for 15 years, with our aso The Diversity House. My grands are liting the candle, and my daughter and I will do a skit from the play "The Quilt" which we did back in 1994.! looking forward to it! I missed last year due to my nephew getting killed.
also I am speaking on a panel Saturday at a womens summit on Aids with my sisterhood group, we are showing the movie" COVER" if you have not seen it you should, its a drama about hiv .
Well I bought me a wig! looking in the mirror I am depressed at my face looking suken in some , my body I am getting use to the weight loss and wasting, now calles lypodystrophy. pic 1(top) is me in May 09, pic no. 2 is me taken TODAY!  see the changes in my face????? click on pics to see closeups,My doc says it was from the old meds I was on, partically zerit which I have been taking over ten -15 years. I feel like the poster child for aids! lol, but I know al lot of it comes from aging with the virus,I will be 52 next year! I just have to get used to the new me and slowing down some,  but still keeping in the fight for aids and hiv education ok me and my new wig, what do you think????

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:15:08 pm by netta »

tendai

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2009, 05:22:41 am »
netta you still look great, the wig looks good on you

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2009, 05:32:26 am »
Netta, you are a beautiful woman.  I love that wig.  I know how you feel about the lipodystrophy.  I have it in my face as well, my legs are like toothpicks, and I have a basketball gut.  But, as I get older, I truly believe that beauty runs skin deep.  And hey, please take your meds like you're supposed to.  I don't want anything to happen to you!

Offline minismom

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2009, 06:12:13 am »
Netta, the dreaded Zerit!  Mim was on it for 8 1/2 years - 6 of those AFTER her genotyping showed she had resistence to it.  It was the first med her new doc took her off of.  She's still on Kaletra, but at this point, we can't change it (she's resistent to everything else in that group of drugs).  She's got lypoatrophy and lypodystrophy and was diagnosed with wasting in August.  I think you're beautiful.  Now go take your meds! ;)

Betty, yes, with the MRI, Doc is looking for avascular necrosis.  I'm disappointed that they won't do both her knees and her hips at the same time.  The scheduling person said it's because it would take 4 hours to do it all and they don't like to keep kids under sedation that long.  To me, it's better to keep them under once for 4 hours than to put them under 4 times, especially since Doc doesn't want her to undergo sedation more than every 6mths (she was under in April for an emergency MRI after getting the results of her VNG)  So now we have to wait 2 years to get everything scanned?  Good grief!  What Doc isn't sure of and I can't find research about is what effect AN will have on her as she grows.  This just isn't something that kids get - except MY kid. :-\

LOL about your boss.  I know it's not funny to you, though.  Tell her you know some programs that will pay for her meds if she's having trouble affording them ;)  Or, just slip a couple Meletonin in her jelly donut.  ::) Oh, and switch the coffee to decaf.

Cindy, sorry to hear about Cheech, but great news about the new rings and wedding date.  I'd go for the middle of May so that your anniversary won't end up on Mother's Day.  Will his girls be in the wedding?

Queen, that stinks about section 8.  Any idea what your next step is?  Can you reapply to section 8 in NY once you are a resident?  I have no ideas for you, hun - wish I did.

Baby is doing fine.  He's really content and still sleeps a lot.  So far he sleeps all during school then wakes up in time for me to feed him before I need to feed the other kids.  He's up for 2 - 3 hours after that and the kids take turns reading and singing to him.  Then, he eats again and is back to sleep.  Found out yesterday that we'll have him Saturday afternoon / evening and possibly on Sunday after church.  It's nice having a baby in the house again - especially one that goes home at night.

Hubby has school all day today so I'm not getting out of my PJ's.  I have 1 load of laundry to do - I hope it's still 1 - and that'll do it for housework.  I finally got my magic erasers so I may go ahead and scrub my walls.  Rain predicted all day which means cabin-fevered kids - yee-haw!

Make it a good one, ladies, Friday is almost here!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2009, 05:33:39 pm »
Netta, you are a beautiful woman.  I love that wig.  I know how you feel about the lipodystrophy.  I have it in my face as well, my legs are like toothpicks, and I have a basketball gut.  But, as I get older, I truly believe that beauty runs skin deep.  And hey, please take your meds like you're supposed to.  I don't want anything to happen to you!

AMEN, Sister!   I echo BT's words.  I was on Zerit from 2002 - 2005 and I have a drawn face, no ass and a big belly.

"Baby got back?"                My back is now my FRONT, lol!!!   :D   Netta, you look great with your new "do!"

Cheech says HI!   :P

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2009, 07:29:06 am »
Mum, I remember when the ortho diagnosed my avascular necrosis.  He had his nurse stick a needle in both sides of my knee, without warning.  And I can tell you, that's no fun at all.  I of course jumped when they (it was two nurses) put the needles in, because they didn't tell me they were going to do that.  Then I tried to relax.  Whenever I go back to see him, which is rarely, he does x-rays.  I have no cartilage in either knee, and neither of my legs will totally straighten out.  My left one is worse, as a result of a fracture that happened when I went down a steep flight of stairs years ago.  So, my hips are totally off balance.  And my left shoulder grinds.  I don't do anything about it right now, because I don't want to have knee replacements, (you kind of get used to it after awhile), and to tell you the truth, I'm not at all for having anything invasive done right now.  I say, give me a Hoverround if things get too bad.  Give Mim hugs for me, and tell her things will get better.  It's all about pacing yourself.

I have to go into work today. I usually don't work on Fridays, but someone is coming over from another church to help me with that d*** Publisher on the computer.  Hopefully I won't have to be there long, as I have a lot of other things to do. 

And I'm having a lot of trouble with the Medicaid office.  I was told, by a benefits counselor (this is a person who helps people on disability, who want to go back to work, keep as many benefits as they can), that Medicaid would still be paying my Medicare premium after I got a job, because of the type of Medicaid I have.  Well, a couple days ago, I got a letter from social security, saying that starting next month, they're going to take $95/month out of my check for the medicare premium.  I called my Medicaid caseworker, and she said I was over the limit income wise to get the help paying for it.  I e-mailed the benefits counselor, and she explained in detail, why Medicaid should be paying for it still.  So, I left a message on the caseworker's phone yesterday, explaining exactly what the benefits counselor said.  We'll see what she (caseworker) has to say today.  I hate having to fight with government agencies.  But, I will if I have to.  And if the caseworker doesn't come around, I'll talk to her supervisor.  And if that doesn't work, I'll get in touch with my senator's office again.  I've done it before in the past, and it's worked both times.  I tell people, if things with government agencies don't work out, get ahold of the powers that be in government.  They're there to help their people, so make them work for you!   You all have a good one.

Offline netta

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2009, 01:20:27 pm »
Thanks for the compliments!
Moon- I also have no ass, hips or butt, but plenty of tummy, lol it all happened at one time! I have not gotten use to it. I find makeup and hair help my look and I'm working on getting some clothes that fit, all my jeans are too big!

Betty- I hope you get everything straigt with your insurance, good you are a fighter!

Mum- Give Men a kiss for me.

where is everyone else?????? I wrote Winn, but never heard from her, has anyone????
no.1 mom,Snow,Vivt,Wishfull,Queen,Emeralized, etc where you at???
Well next week is turkey day! hope everyone has a nice weekend.
OH I forgot to mention a student at the university where my DH works died on Tuesday nite. He was ill anad went to the emergency room with flu like symptoms 2x twice! they sent him home,That was on Sunday, roomates found him Tuesday. A big investigation is pending and they might close the school, and bring in those guys with the suits and mask! Autopsy could not determine cause of death, so we are all wondering if it was swine flu or maybe tb???
Also 2 children, girls the oldest one a friend of my grandaughter,Brianna 12, got killed in a fire on Monday,the brother was burned and sent to burn unit but recovering  and returned home. the parents got out and tried to get the children out but were overcome by smoke, it started early morning about 2 am and the cause was a space heater. I am upset they didnt have a smoke alarm or either it was not working, it is very sad,grief conselors were at the school this week. the youngest girl was 5. they say they were calling for their momma to save them, so sad. please everyone  keep them in prayer and check your smoke detector!!! which I realized mine needs a new battery! got it today!
People here still don't understand it saves lives.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 01:37:32 pm by netta »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2009, 07:14:56 am »
Netta, I don't know what happened to Wendy. She just doesn't post anymore.  I'm really sorry about your friend's children.  That's such sad news.  I'll be thinking about them.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2009, 12:12:14 pm »
Hi GFs~

I PM'ed Wendy over the summer after she had been gone for a couple of months, bec we were all worried something had happened to her.  She told me she was fine, but just didn't post here much anymore.  She hasn't come back, and I miss her, too!

Netta~  That is so tragic about those kids in the fire.  I bought batteries for the smoke alarms, but I don't know if Ice ever replaced them.  I will remind him today.

Ice and Little One are doing the grocery run for me.  I stayed home from work Friday with head and stomach issues, besides I had no work to do at the office.  I think I was sick from boredom!  Turns out I needed the day off, I was beat.  After you turn 40, I guess nothing waits for you, lol.  I had leave to use, so I did. 

Big Kid is at a camp for the weekend, thank goodness.  She does nothing but park herself at the computer.  I told Ice this morning that with the stunts she's pulled lately, she doesn't deserve to have any privileges.  He said she has straightened up, after which I reminded him it was only 10 days ago that she really got out of hand with her mother.  That shit ain't gonna fly in THIS house.  We embarrassed her bec she didn't think I knew about what went on at home with mother.  I told her I knew everything, and that Santa was making his list, lol.

We're going to put up the tree and decorate the house this afternoon with Little One, so she doesn't get bored.  She loves to help and is very excited.  Ice and Little One just called because she got 6 prizes out of the gumbball machine instead of just one, for a quarter, lol.  Cute!

~ Cindy

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2009, 03:28:38 pm »
Netta- I am so sorry to hear about the little girls and thier family, that is very sad!  I love your new wig, it looks very nice.  I believe what you and Moon are talking about is booty-do. Your stomach sticks out more than your booty do :), that is what we call it around here anyway.  How's the new addition?

BT- How did the Publisher training go?  I hope your boss chills out, maybe you should give her one of those balls that you squeeze and hopefully she will get the hint.

Moon- I love your Halloween pic. I hope Cheech is doing better.

Hi Mum! I hope you, the kids and hubby are all doing well!  That must be fun to have a baby in the house.  You are so nice to help them out, what a blessing you are.

I had to call 911 for  my lady friend on Monday.  I had started going over there, M-W-F, to help her out and I called her Mon and she never answered her phone.  When I got there, she was in really bad shape. Her breathing was really raspy, she couldn't get up without help.  She has been in the ICU with breathing tubes and some sedation since Monday night.  It is very sad to see her like that, she has lung cancer and still smokes quite a lot so I am not sure she could have avoided it.  She doesn't eat well, practically nothing and drinks too(I think).  Last time she got weighed she was 84 lbs and her size 0 are big on her.  I hope she can pull through, she just lost her daughter this past year, for her grandchildrens sake I hope she can fight the good fight. Other than that  the kids have been out of school sick and I have been just doing stuff with the PTO, which I am starting not to like because the women act like we are still in high school, which drives me nuts.  My thoughts are that I am there to help the kids and thier school and that's it.  I am not blowing smoke up anyones ass unless they deserve it  ;D

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2009, 08:28:28 am »
Cin, kids will try to outfox the adults anytime they think they can.  They just don't realize we were once in their shoes, so we kind of know the tricks.  I hope putting up the tree and decorating was fun.  I always loved that when I was a kid.

Snow, the training went o.k.  The lady was nice, but very short.  There's a couple more things I know how to do now.  It was just about the newsletter.  She didn't show me, like, how to create a new document or anything.  Then she started going on about her fibromyalgia, and I just wanted to roll my eyes.  I kind of freeze up when it comes to stuff on the computer.  I have to keep telling myself that I can always undo what I've done, and that I'm not going to break the computer.

Well, this week, my boss is only going to be there tomorrow.  She's going out of town Tuesday, and won't be back until Saturday (yay!).  So, hopefully it will be more relaxed.  Someone told me she's in therapy for her ADD, but I don't think that's true.  She brought one of her dogs in Thursday.  He's a big old bassett hound.  But, the dog stunk to high heavens, like he's never had a bath in his life.  You all know what I mean.  So, I petted him, then of course the smell was on my hands.  I cannot stand that.  She had said something about me watching her dogs (she has two) while she's away.  I told her I would, being in the position I am there, but I may try to get out of it.  One of the girls who works there told me that she cleaned the boss's house one time, and there was dog pea and shit all over the floor.  I can't stand when people just let their animals go to the bathroom anywhere.   

Yesterday I did some X-mas shopping for the newest grandbaby.  It was fun, but there were so many cute clothes, and really good deals, it was hard to pick.  And I got her a couple toys that light up and make sound; that's what my daughter wanted.                    I guess that's it for now.  You all have a good day.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.