Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:37:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 276
Total: 276

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Facts for fears  (Read 35114 times)

Offline o_g

Facts for fears
« on: August 14, 2006, 02:50:56 pm »
Issue: Condom break(max exposure for a min - should be less)
Symptoms:
      Burning/Aching feet from day 8 onwards
      Stomach pains from ay 15 - day 40 with change in bowel movement
      Lip Irritation(burning sensation on top lip between 14-21 days)
      Mouth ulcers ( 50- 60 days)
      Feet and arms have been falling asleep/numb quite easily (especially in earlier days upon lifting something minimally heavy)
      Lymphocytes count on day14  - 15. 6%    Neutophils - 75.6 %
      Lymphocyte count on day 84 - 18.6%   Neutophils - 77.5 %
      HSV-2 IGG(positive ELISA - reading: 1.3 on 1.0 scale) - day 84(12 weeks)
                                Hep-B [Negative - day 84(12 weeks)]

Currently almost 5 months past exposure. Still feel some hot gushes in feet from time to time and sometimes tingling sensation. Have been getting some acne on face & neck lately as well.

Elisa : 9 days, 80 days, 12 weeks (84 days) -------- Negative
Qualitative DNA PCR: 21 days, 60 days (2 months) -------- Negative

Please help me with my chances.

God Bless

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Facts for fears
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 03:00:52 pm »
O,

Symptoms or the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection. Only the appropriate test at the appropriate time will inform you of your status and you have done this. Your result was negative and that means you do NOT have hiv.

Whatever is going on with your body, it has nothing to do with hiv.

Please read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can avoid condom breaks in future. A correctly used condom rarely breaks and provides excellent protection against hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline o_g

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 03:16:06 pm »
Hi Ann...
That was indeed quick. Even my docs have been trying to put it across me. However, in my case where it seems I contracted herpes from the same exposure (I am a male - talking about vaginal unrptected), the whole deal becomes unnerving.
Especially with the heat/tingling/aching I felt on my soles & feet and also burning hands pointing towards polyneuropathy and Gullian Barre Syndrome. I know you guys hate to discuss symptoms on this forum and I really don't want to push you beyond the limits set. But, I guess I am just majorly freaked out for last 5 months and have given up on enjoying small things in my life. And, honestly, I really didn't make up these symptoms. I idn't even know a while ago that there was something called peripheral neuropathy. I used to call it "my hands and feet burning".

Just getting to share my situation with someone is big enough deal. I can't ask you for more. Thanks for encoraging words...
Take care & God Bless

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 04:34:55 pm »
o,

Herpes is very, very easily transmitted. Hiv is not.

There is a very good chance that the sensations you are feeling in your extremities are connected to the tension and stress you are torturing yourself with. Go out and start living your life again and make sure you get some exercise. If the sensations persist, see your doctor.

PN is usually the result of the medications taken for hiv, not the hiv itself. When it is the hiv causing it, it only happens after years of being positive.

You have ruled hiv out of the picture. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse from now on and you won't have to worry about hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline o_g

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 06:41:36 pm »
Hi,

I never knew life can become this complicated. Probably my bad karma(unknowingly) that the condom broke on me. Few Q's:

1. Do you think that the testing done till now is conclusive keeping in mind the the Qualitative PCR's were for HIV-1 only. However, the ELISA's performed are 3rd generations.

2. Do you know cases where a 12 week negative turns out positive later?

Thanks and take care

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 07:03:21 pm »
You have conclusively tested negative. That's it bud!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 08:27:58 pm »
o,

Bad karma doesn't cause condoms to break, bad technique does. Make sure you read the condom and lube links in my signature line - correctly used condoms rarely break.

You are absolutely hiv negative and you do NOT need further testing.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline o_g

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 07:10:26 am »
Hi.....

Ok...first of all...thanks much for all your replies....

My exposure was in Italy with a Romanian SW(on a business trip) and the testing was carried out in Asia (again on a business trip). Do you think standard ELISA III in Asia will catch all the strains.
Also, I have seen some web-sites as well as some positive people(on Aidsmeds itself) reporting peripheral neuropathy during PHI and seroconversion. Some places it is reported when CD4 count goes down as in case of acute infection, a person might have neurological symptoms like myelopathy and polyneuropathy.
Any comments on that. It can really help a curious/restless mind and also act as a source of information.

Thanks.....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 08:13:19 am »
You've tested negative conclusively and there is no more discussion needed. If you can not move on please make an appointment with a mental health care professional.

Offline o_g

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 08:33:45 am »
I have talked to shrink about it. Couldn't spend much time with her and it didn't help me much. They wanted to put me on Zoloft and gave me anxiety pills. Didn't go on Zoloft due to not so good past experience of one of my friend's experience with it. However, started taking anxit pills to calm myself down. Currently, I am in Germany (again on business trip) and it is difficult to find a shrink who speaks english to get the point across. I guess u guys are my only HEROES in my situation. Thanks for being there. :-)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 09:25:22 am »
o,

The only people I've ever heard of who had PM during primary infection were people who became so ill they had to be hospitalised. It is rare that PN happens during primary.

However, it is very common for people who are stressed out to have PN-like sensations in their extremities. Tense muscles impede blood flow and this can cause all sorts of problems. I suggest you sort your anxiety out before it leads to serious problems which can include digestive issues and heart/circulatory problems. Instead of sitting in your hotel room, searching the internet, go out for a long walk. Exercise will do you good.

There are also other illnesses that can cause PN - diabetes is one of the more common causes. You really should see your regular health care provider at the first opportunity to find out what is going on. In the meantime, stay off hiv internet sites and relax. You have tested conclusively negative for hiv. The tests used in Asia are just as good as the tests used in the US or European countries.

You are hiv negative - protect that status by using condoms correctly and consistently.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline o_g

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 11:52:57 am »
Hi,

RR: Thanks for the re-assurance
Ann: Thanks for the information + re-assurance

So, do you guys suggest that I should forget about HIV as a passing nightmare and move on although my bod is indicating something going wrong within(especially after the incident)?

Can I request u all to scream at me(nicely please) negative once and give me some words of wisdom which I know you all are very capable of after helping ppl out day in and day out.
Ann: thanks for ur detailed posts.
RR: Thanks for ur encouraging and to the pt. 1 liners. I do hope to get at least 1 bigger post from u

Andy, Sae, JK, Morgan, HIV Worker: I still got to hear from u wonderful people

And let me know if anyone is gona be stopping over in frankfurt anytime soon as this is my base for few mnths.

God bless n take care

Offline o_g

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 03:34:19 pm »
Hi,

I want to ask if there have been infections transmitted through hetrosexual contacts in scenarios where the male is topping. If it happens, how often? Is there any data on infection caused by condom breaks?

Is ELISA III really conclusively reliable at 12 weeks. Pls answer??

Looking forward to your replies.

Thnx and regards.....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 05:11:17 pm »
o,

Yes, men do become infected from topping. How often does it happen? How long is a piece of string?

However, it is rare for a top to become infected after a brief exposure resulting from a condom break.

Yes, your test is conclusive. Why would we lie to you? You are hiv negative and it's time for you to move on.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline o_g

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 05:20:04 pm »
Thank you for replying Ann. You' re a sweetheart. You know hun, this has been quite a humbling experience. I  use to normally take pride in everything I do and felt as if I could rough anything. This just made me realize that how lacking in substance I was with absolute wrong notions about myself. All the confidence, attitude and cockiness have taken a major beating here. I can never again be an asshole I was(I miss it but I guess the party is over and this change is for good)
Something happened and these 5 months have completely changed me. I hate to be taking life so seriously. I just hope I can start liking this new person I have become sometime soon coz rite now its suffocating....

Thanks for ur answers again... Luv Ya'

God Bless

Offline o_g

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 05:02:51 pm »
Hi...

Few Questions:

1. Just wondering whether 12 weeks is right time to test or 13 weeks. The grey areas w.r.t HIV really cause a lot of confusion and worry,

2. Is there any time difference between HIV detection when using 3rd generation ELISA as compared to the 4th generation?

3. How much and in what context do HIV ELISA generations matter?

Thanks for being so wonderful..cant tell how much ur answers mean to me...

God bless

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 05:17:11 pm »
12/13 weeks is only based in the different locals. 13 weeks is used here in the states except for Mass. and they use 6 weeks. The UK and others use the 12 week. If you test after your 12/13 weeks post exposure it doesn't matter what generation you use. The 4th generation test uses a combind test, P24 for antigens and the ELISA for antibodies. The P24 antigen test has a window period of up to three weeks. The ELISA test is reliable from six weeks onward.

Offline o_g

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 05:26:53 pm »
Thanks RR.

Even I hav heard that window is 6 weeks in Mass but at the same time I am not sure what generation tests are they using. Some source suggest that they use 3rd gen and others say 4th gen. Any idea w.r.t this??

One thing for sure, this infection needs more attention from everybody and also more funding.  I get very mad with the way that we have let this disease go on for 25 freaking years w/o developing any answers for it. What a waste of technology and brain. It seems its only wars and nuclear weapons mankind can think off.. SUX major...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 05:32:40 pm »
To be honest with you, I don't know what generation test that they use. I'm sure someone in Mass. will let us know.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 05:33:22 pm »
o,
If you count a month to be four weeks, there are actually thirteen months in a year, not twelve. The window period is three months and some people's three months means thirteen and others say twelve weeks.

It doesn't matter if you test at twelve OR thirteen weeks. Either is conclusive. In the UK and most of the world, twelve weeks is conclusive using the same tests they use in the States where the thirteen week is considered conclusive. It's you say tamatas, I say tomotos.

It doesn't matter what generation test you use at 12-13 weeks. The generation only matters in the first few weeks.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline o_g

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 01:34:54 pm »
Hi...& agian thnx for responding....

Ann, Rapid Rod - you guys are saying that my test on the 84th day is conclusively negative.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2006, 01:42:55 pm »
o,

We are saying you are conclusively negative and it's time for you to move on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline o_g

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2006, 02:02:55 pm »
Sorry...by mistake..i wasn't able complete my posting and hit ENTER...

Actually, what bothers is the existing symptoms + knowledge of people testing upto 6 months and 1 even 1 year. Makes me wonder if my bod was so F'ed up w/o me even knowing about it that it is not producing enough anti-bodies.

Why can't even best of the best docs be certain of the window. It is a scary infection and by no mean medicine community is helping people out with direct and proper answers. Bringing up a topic of HIV with a doc is like a recent grad giving bunch of BS to an interviewer rather than giving specific answers...

I read in 1 of the posts that aidsmends track record is te best in evaluating risk and finding infection over the web. Congrats for that!!! I really hope and pray that I will be the one to enhance that record:-).

Stay cool (i guess I just can't)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2006, 02:16:42 pm »
o,

Most doctors have little experience of hiv infection and they don't bother to keep up to date. We here at AIDSmeds are certain of the window period - it's three months. Not six, not twelve, three. People might test out to six or twelve months but it is uneccessary as the results don't change unless there's been an additional risk during the window period.

If you cannot accept your negative status, please seek the assistance of a mental health care professional to help you come to terms with your health related anxieties. Please also see your doctor about any physical problems.

There is nothing more we can do for you here. The next step is up to you, but you won't be allowed to continue to use this forum to wring your hands.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline o_g

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 05:41:47 pm »
Hi....

Sorry .. if u r finding it really frustrating communicating with me. And,thanks for being so supportive all this while. Honestly - I am just scared. You know there is a saying that if u do something for 21 days, it becomes a habbit. I think remaining scared has become my habbit as I have been in state of paralysing fear for over 5 mnths. Fear overlapped by tingling and burning sensations and soles hurting just takes it to the next level.

I am on business in another country. I will try seeking counselling. Lets c. Thanks for your kind and caring remarks out of compassion. Really apericiated!!!

However, I saw 1 post from HIV worker today which mentioned he/she has seen someone turn 8 eek -ive to 13 week + ive. I just wanted some enlightenment on that if it is not too bothersome...

Thanks n Regards...Take care...n possibly for once can u all wondeful folks chip in with some comments...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2006, 05:46:08 pm »
That's why everyone states you must take the conclusive test 12/13 weeks to confirm.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 05:10:47 pm »
You asked me in a PM to comment.  Here is my comment, Listen to what the others have said!  Test and be done with it.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline o_g

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2006, 05:14:05 pm »
Hi....
thanks for the replies.
Ok....i just wana share some permutation with u guys. I caught herpes from this exposure. Herpes increases chances of HIV transmission at the same time. I got it from 30 seconds of condom break incident. Mt herpes titre at day 84 was 1.30 on 1.0 scale. I caught is from a SW who sleeps with millions of ppl. In that situation it is almost for given that if she had herpes she ought to have hiv as pre-existing herpes also increases chaces of contracting hiv. Don'y u gys feel I need to be really worried with all this information. Please answer.....

Thanks

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006, 05:14:28 pm »
I agree with the others here. Trust me, when I don't, you usually know :)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 05:19:48 pm »
Just because someone has herpies don't presume they have HIV. You're going a little overboard saying she had sex with millions of people don't you think.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 05:23:59 pm »
I know 3 people who have herpes but not HIV and thats just my little social circle!  It is NOT an indicator.  STIGMA kills.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline o_g

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 05:26:10 pm »
thx for replying AC, JK, Rapid

AC - when u say test and get done - do u mean i should go for more tests??

JK - hearty thnx - i know u r a no BS man from other posts - just to confirm wat u wrote in the only terms i am gona understand - u mean i am negative for sure

Rapid - thnx for alwayz being there..u dont know how much it means to me when in last few days u and ann have bee n taking up my cause. About going overboard in my last post - well isnt it true that if a herpes infection is found - the 1st thing the docs do is want to get u checked for HIV. So, people who gor herpes I guess(now including me) will be alwayz looked at suspiciously as a matter of fact...

Thanks guys...leme know wat u think

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 05:34:01 pm »
No that's not true at all. You'll be questioned about your past sexual history, protected or unprotected sex. You will then be tested for all other sexually transmitted diseases depending on your answers. Now if an HIV test is needed he/she will suggest a test and then you sign the promission form to do the test. Doctors don't go directly to thinking HIV. There are just to many other things that your symptoms could be.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2006, 05:53:09 pm »
AC, if you're going to give advice over here, please read the posts first. og has already tested conclusively negative and it's time for him to move on.

og,

Guess what. It doesn't matter, in your case, whether herpes was present or not or whether you contracted it from this encounter or not. Not where hiv is concerned. Why? Because you are CONCLUSIVELY HIV NEGATIVE. Herpes doesn't come into it. You are hiv negative.

Please go back and read the Posting Guidelines before you keep this up. We do not allow people to use this place as a substitue for mental health care. If you cannot accept your negative status, you need to get some face-to-face help. We cannot offer you that here. If it takes a time out to encourage you to get the help you need, then so be it. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline o_g

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2006, 05:59:43 pm »
Rapid...

I think u got me wrong there. I completely agree with u say when te symptoms can mean million other things. What I mean is if someone is newly diagnosed with herpes, docs kinda wana make sure that there is not an hiv infection that came along coz getting herpes increases the possibility of hiv co-transmission. Simple reason being the huge amt. of hiv virus come to the part of the skin which has open herpes sores so when herpes is transmissted as in my case when penis came in contact with the vaginal wall, there r more chaces that hiv tags along as well..

The whole scenario has left me scared shit. Hopefully, she didn't have hiv...I just hope my tests are conclusive

Take care

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 06:03:01 pm »
og,

Did you read a word I just wrote to you? Or am I talking to myself... again?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 06:20:59 pm »
Why are you going on with all these questions when you reliably tested negative?

Offline o_g

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 06:53:30 pm »
hi....

Ann - I submitted my post, then only saw ur reply - SORRY!!
Rapid - thanks....i will try to calm down and hope sanity prevails

take care guys

Offline o_g

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2006, 08:47:16 pm »
Hi Ann...

U said it is rare that PN happens during early stages of disease but it does happen. Even the docs say that it can happen as a result of HIV infectio or as a result of medication. Does any of the experts know if there is any particular subtype which causes more PN symptoms during initial phases.

Thanks.....

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2006, 08:53:55 pm »
You can forget about subtypes and any other scary stuff your mind comes up with because you have reliably tested negative for HIV.

You ARE HIV negative. Period. End of story.

If you are having troubling symptoms you should be discussing them with your doctor.

Fears and feelings aren't facts. A test result is a fact. So give it up, please. You're condemned to live.

If you can't get past this head stuff then put some time in with a therapist or other like professional and find out what is REALLY driving your unwarranted fears about HIV.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2006, 08:54:29 pm »
PN is not HIV specific. Anyone can get PN..

Offline o_g

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2006, 09:02:24 pm »
Guys,

I am very sorry that my panaroia is making lives difficult for u. I am currently on a business trip for which i have worked all my adult life and i am not able concentrate. I am breaking down. In a different country and also can not get a shrink help here. I think i am gona wrap it up pre-maturedly n return. And for u awesome ppl....i have plenty of hugs on offer.. Had it not been u.i dont know what would i have done...

Take care fellas....

Offline scaredstraight68

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2006, 12:36:57 am »
Good luck to you o g.  Enjoy your status and enjoy your life.  Life is too short for all of us to take time for granted.

Cheers

Offline o_g

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2006, 05:42:42 pm »
Hi Everybody....

Do u guys think that ELISA 3rd generation antibody test for hiv -1/2 performed in asia will pick up strains from europe  - italy. Does these tests which labs and hospitals provide take into consideration the global factor or are more regionaly inclined for specific subtype found in that region itself. Don't you guys think this is 1 decent question i am asking in a long while. Basiclly, what I want to kow if if you thinko 3rd generation elisa's are the same worldwide or not.

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2006, 09:43:43 pm »
There the same. Why are you asking, you are negative.

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2006, 12:00:52 am »
O G,

In response to your PM request for input on you situation I can only direct you to re-read your thread as you have already received an execellent assessment from the best this site has to offer.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2006, 05:49:41 am »
og,

The hiv antibody tests - any of them - will pick up hiv infection by 12-13 weeks, no matter where the infection originated from. You are conclusively hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline o_g

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2006, 09:02:35 pm »
Hi Experts....

1st of all...thanks for all the support that u people have thrown my way. I want to reenforce the fact that people like me really value it. Your efforts towards helping people out in difficult situationsis extremely humbling for a normal person like me. I do not have enough words to thak u more ---- "Thanks"

I will try to get my head in right place and look at things more objectively. I am gona admit that i still have fear of being infected but i will try to work my ay out. I am sorry for being a pain in last few days but I am sure I am neither the 1st or the last of the kind whom u r goa provide ur wonderful advices to.

Take care guys.....

P.S: I hope i dontget panic attacks again but if i do could i guys be there till i get bak n get to my shrink...I will try real hard not to make ur lives miserable coz of me and keep my imagination on a tight leash .. :-{

Offline o_g

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2006, 06:04:01 pm »
hi everyone..
just 1 more worry i have..i got an HIV-1 Proviral Qualitative(DNA) RT- PCR done for HIV. This PCR is provided by Artus Real Art. I am not sure what strains it tested for. Also, the ELISA I got done, I am not sure if standard ELISA picks up all the strains. If the combination of these 2 tests cover up everything, then I guess I am good to go...

What say???

Someting pls......

Thanks......

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2006, 07:45:33 pm »
Doesn't make a difference. You are HIV negative.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.