Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:01:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773201
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 505
Total: 506

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A little update here !  (Read 22351 times)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: A little update here !
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2014, 01:15:10 pm »
I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!

I am soo happy for you!!

It's good to hear news like this!

Now we gotta push for Henry  :-*

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline buginme2

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2014, 01:24:54 pm »
Congratulations!!!! Thank you for the update, we haven't heard from you in awhile but I can assure you we were thinking about you and hoping things were going well.  Glad to hear this!  This is awesome.  Keep on keeping on!
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2014, 07:18:26 pm »

Now we gotta push for Henry  :-*

-Will

You know it!  A day does not go by when I do not 'push for Henry'.  I strongly believe that he will get a clear scan in the not to distant future.  The human body is amazing and the fight even at a cellular level to survive is resident in all of us.  Its no cake walk, but I truly believe Henry has more than what it takes to get through these treatments resulting in a successful outcome. 

Congratulations!!!! Thank you for the update, we haven't heard from you in awhile but I can assure you we were thinking about you and hoping things were going well.  Glad to hear this!  This is awesome.  Keep on keeping on!

Thanks my friend!  I will go through 3 more cycles (6 actual treatments) then should be done with chemo.  Going into the second half of this knowing the actual treatment is working helps more than words can begin to describe. 

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2014, 12:07:54 am »
Glad to hear the good news.  Thanks for sharing.

Ted

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2014, 07:41:08 am »
Glad to hear the good news.  Thanks for sharing.

Ted

Thanks Ted. 

I started back on chemo yesterday.  My port did not present any issues this time and the treatment so far is not causing major side effects.  For me, its worse from 3 to 6 days out.  Some foods will just not taste good and I have to take a daily pill for heartburn for a while.  The fatigue sets in pretty quickly though.  I crammed a lot stuff into the 6 week break I had before the interim scan.  Just knowing this stuff is working has given me an extra boost to endure the rest of these treatments.  I should be done at the end of May.

Edited to append: 

My CD4/VL numbers are still OK.  I must say they are better now than where they were heading before I started chemo.  My initial concern was that chemo would totally screw up my ability to keep HIV under control but that has not been the case. 

Blood work this week: CD4 came in at 224 (not great for most folks but for me its not terrible).  VL is less than 20.  I will take that!  Before I was diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma my CD4 counts were dropping below 200 for the first time since I started treatment (March 2010) and my VL was starting to climb very slightly (275).  My Dr seems to think we can get those CD4 numbers well into the upper 300s when I stop chemo in late spring and of course keep the VL less than 20.

Thanks again everybody for your support!

James
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:56:44 am by hope_for_a_cure »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2014, 09:10:37 am »
Thanks for the update James, its great to hear how well you are progressing and handling it all . I remember when I was in chemo and the cycle I came to expect ... in my case I always felt fine the day of the infusion but was wiped out with fatigue on day 3 through the next week until I gradually got back to feeling better .

Hugs to you .

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2014, 08:07:46 am »
The pulmonary function test I had done earlier in the week may validate a need to drop Bleomycin from my 'chemo cocktail'.  My hope is that I can proceed without it ASAP.  A known interaction with Tenofovir as well as long term damage to my lungs are the main reasons I really do not like this stuff.

I could tell when I took the test on Monday that my ability to breath deeply and exhale (to the extent they were pushing for) was difficult.  Studies show that there should not be a negative impact on treatment for Lymphoma at this stage (beyond 6th treatment). 

Heartburn like crazy after this last treatment but really no other physical issues so far.  Crazy expensive anti nausea drugs have helped push me into my Medicare Gap early this year.  They want 500 bucks for three pills.  OYE!!

Not trying to post ad nauseam here about my situation but if indeed this can provide some insight for known or anonymous readers, then its worth the effort to post here. 

Have a good weekend everybody!

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2014, 11:27:06 am »

Heartburn like crazy after this last treatment but really no other physical issues so far.  Crazy expensive anti nausea drugs have helped push me into my Medicare Gap early this year.  They want 500 bucks for three pills.  OYE!!

Sounds like Zofran.  :( Expensive but damn good.

Hang in there buddy, thinking bout ya

-Will
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:29:31 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2014, 06:47:01 pm »
Sounds like Zofran.  :( Expensive but damn good.

Hang in there buddy, thinking bout ya

-Will

Thanks Will.  Its Emend.  A three pill pack is crazy expensive.  Good news is that Merck has the ACT program that will kick in some help for me now. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.