Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:54:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 224
Total: 226

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Wondering Something...  (Read 3824 times)

Offline JohnM

Wondering Something...
« on: October 02, 2013, 10:09:20 pm »
Folks, first of all, Thank You for reading this. I have a doctor's appointment in 3 weeks and just need to get a little reassurance from others right now! I've been living with HIV for over 15 years now. Originally diagnosed, in '98, with AIDS and have, after starting treatment, maintained an undetectable VL for 14 years!! However, about my last lab results. Instead of the VL saying <20 "Not Detected" it read <20 "Detected!"
This wouldn't bother me so much but my Cd4 count dropped 399 points on the same lab report. I'm sure it's just a "glitch" but the combination of those 2 things really knocked the wind out of my sails, so to speak.

My stress level, leading up to this lab, has been pretty high. I'm wondering if the stress level could've affected both test results? You'd think, after 15 years, I'd have all the answers but I think I'd just as soon hear someone else's take on the situation!

Thanks, again, for reading my "ramblings!"
 I Love Each & Every One of You! Keep the Faith!
Victory Is Not About How You Survived the Storm but About How You Danced in the Rain!

Offline tednlou2

Re: Wondering Something...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:08:55 pm »
You've been dealing with this longer than I, but I can say how I feel about stress.

I go through periods of very high anxiety.  I have it everyday, but there are times it is especially bad.  Each time I've had blood labs during these very high anxiety moments, my CD4 has dipped 100-200 points.  Last time, my vl shot up 25k and my killer CD8 was cut in half.   Oh, I'm not on meds btw. 

So, I definitely believe stress and anxiety can have an impact.  I trying to get my stress level down.  I had fairly good labs, but they have seen a drop the last 2 labs.  And, I was having much anxiety during both those labs. 

Offline JohnM

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:09:39 pm »
tednlou2,
     Thanks for your reply. Like I originally stated, you'd think, after living with this as long as I have, that I'd have some of the answers down, wouldn't you? It's just kind of scared me after doing so well for so long!

Hope you're doing well and, if nothing else, I hope I've made a new friend!

John
Victory Is Not About How You Survived the Storm but About How You Danced in the Rain!

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 01:25:42 am »
I can always use more friends.  Keep in touch.  I hope you can get your stress levels down. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.