Main Forums > Living With HIV

Living, With HIV

(1/1)

wellington:
Since joining these forums, shortly after my + diagnosis, my avatar had been a broken heart. It's purpose was two-fold. First, it allowed me to represent the heartache I felt and still feel, to a lesser extent. Secondly, it afforded a certain degree of anonymity. But, with a recent digital camera purchase, and the tremendous summer weather, I can contain myself no longer. So, voila, my new avatar appears to the left (and likely on any other post I've made to these forums - gotta love technology!).  :o

While I'm sure that the future holds it's share of heartache, whether personal or empathetic, I don't care to be a faceless entity any longer. With this new avatar I affirm my belief that there is life after diagnosis and that that life can - and for me, will - be quite wonderful.

Thanks to everyone here for their public and private words of encouragement and support. I don't think I could have gotten to this place of comfort and ease without vicariously living through what you've continued to sincerely and frankly express.

With respect and gratitude,

Eldon:

--- Quote from: wellington on August 15, 2006, 04:19:47 pm ---While I'm sure that the future holds it's share of heartache, whether personal or empathetic, I don't care to be a faceless entity any longer. With this new avatar I affirm my belief that there is life after diagnosis and that that life can - and for me, will - be quite wonderful.

--- End quote ---

Hello Wellington, it is Eldon, You are certainly right when it comes to the comfort and support of these forums, AND there is a wonderful life after our diagnosis!

Ann:
Hi Wellington,

Nice to see you. In answer to the question under your avatar, no, you can't. I remember that feeling well though - the one where you feel like you have HIV tattooed across your forehead and the whole world can tell. They can't and yes, that feeling goes away in time.

Hang in there Wellington, you're doing just fine. Keep up the good work!

Ann

Life:
Nope, can't tell...  You look like a young, vibrant adult, dealing very well with a situation that has now and again, perplexed us all.. ;)

Love

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version