Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:12:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 596
Total: 596

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Question about tongue cuts and oral sex  (Read 44623 times)

Offline Eastern_Europe

PLEASE HELP ASAP REAL RISK BROKEN CONDOM
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2009, 09:27:15 pm »
Hi everyone.

I was having sex with a guy and after I penetrated him for a few times - four in total - I moved to switch position and realised the condom was broken - I couldn't see if there was any blod on the condom because it was dark and the guy took the condom away. There may have been blod on the condom. It was not even a latex condom - it was sooo thin I had never seen a condom so thin!!!! Should I go to the emergency? Should I get postexposure treatment? Anyone? PLEASE I AM GOING NUTS! I called the guy and he said he is hiv negative but that's if you can take the word for it from someone you met online!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2009, 10:00:31 pm »
The condom will have protected you until it broke. It is very unlikely that a doctor will prescribe PEP under the circumstances you have described. If it is going to be done it must be within 48-72 hours after an exposure.

I've never known of anyone to have become infected through having a condom break. As the insertive partner there is risk, but the risk much lower than the receptive partner.

You do need to get tested at 13 weeks just as a precaution. My expectation is that you will test negative.

For the future make sure you are using latex condoms which fit you properly and are within the date for use.
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2009, 10:48:29 pm »
Thank you Andy!!!

I just talked to the guy I had sex with and he claims he is negative but he told me to go get pep. I think he's positive why else would he suggest that?

What should I do?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2009, 02:34:14 am »
EE,

It would be against the guidelines for you to receive PEP for an insertive exposure with someone who is not known to be hiv positive. Even if he IS known to be positive, the guidelines state that each case must be considered on its own, and the decision for a condom break is usually NO PEP for the insertive partner. Maybe this guy is telling you to get PEP because you're annoying him by being paranoid about his statement that he's negative.

The chance of you ending up positive from this incident, even if he IS positive, is slim to none. I've yet to see the insertive partner end up positive following a condom break and I don't expect you to be the first.

As Andy says, test at three months as a precaution, but I also fully expect you to get a negative result.

I suggest in future you carry your own condoms with you and use only them. This way you know what you're using. And by the way, you can get very, very thin latex condoms. They're usually called feather-light or ultra-light. They are designed for vaginal intercourse, not anal. You should be using regular or strong condoms for anal, along with plenty of lube. Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can avoid condom breakage. A correctly used and stored condom rarely breaks.

Ann
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:36:06 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2009, 06:57:51 am »
Thank you Ann! Thank all of you guys on here for doing an amazing work!

I did go to the sexual health clinic this morning, told them my story in detail and they decided to put me on PEP so I just took my first three pills now. They said chances are low but not non-existent as they didn't want to bet on possible non-infection they said, they put me PEP.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2009, 07:51:26 am »
OK. You may already know this but I will mention it anyway. Your time for testing for a conclusive negative result is 13 weeks from the completion of the 28 day PEP regimen. You can test at 6 weeks after completion. Assuming it is negative then that result is unlikely to change to at 13 weeks.

Good luck with your tests. 
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2009, 01:32:47 pm »
Thank you Andy,

I am going through REAL HELL with the PEP medication, I feel sick all day - any suggestions on where to discuss this with people who are going through the same thing?

Thanks!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2009, 01:35:43 pm »
PEP is powerful stuff. The side effects may ease up. The person you should be discussing it with is the doctor who prescribed it. 
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

Back again=(
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2009, 12:12:57 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm back again and this time I did something studpid despite everything I had to go through since my last post.

I met a guy online and he came over and I sucked him for about two minutes - he didn't come and he didn't seem to have any pre-cum from what I could see but I did have small tiny sores in my mouth and he did force his cock way inside my mouth into my throat. What scares me even more is that I was home all day since I wasn't feeling well and my body immunity must be low which makes me more suseptible to HIV.

I washed my mouth with mouthwash and water but I am super scared that I may have contracted HIV.

Can anyone tell me what my risk is ?
Thanks!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2009, 12:29:09 pm »
You have been coming to this forum since Aug 06. You have no reason to be asking that question.

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2009, 12:34:53 pm »
You know I find that reply rude and insensitive - if you are going to reply to my thread just to be nasty - please don't.

Just because I've been coming here since august 06 it doesn't mean I have a superior knowledge of HIV and oral sex and if you research the web you will find out that many people don't seem to either which is why I come to this website hoping to get advise from experts.

If you don't feel like replying on a thread - don't. I am not forcing anyone to reply here only those who feel that they want to!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2009, 12:40:15 pm »
Read the Lessons section. You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2009, 12:46:08 pm »
Again: I cam here to get an opinion from the experts - I have read the Welcome thread time and again - I have a print out of it in my office!

I feel like your bullying me here so please do not reply unless your reply to my posts any longer.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2009, 12:48:41 pm »
Again: I cam here to get an opinion from the experts - I have read the Welcome thread time and again - I have a print out of it in my office!

I feel like your bullying me here so please do not reply unless your reply to my posts any longer.
How many questions on oral sex is there on the first two pages of this forum? Do you think your replies will be any different? Geesh..

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2009, 12:53:53 pm »
I've asked a very specific question - plese leave me alone!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2009, 12:56:16 pm »
I've asked a very specific question - plese leave me alone!

You were given specific answers. Try doing some work for youself instead of trying to get others to do it for you.
From your own thread.
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=3397.0  Look at the answer Andy gave you to the exact same question.  Reply 9 November 02, 2007
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 01:34:09 pm by RapidRod »

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2009, 01:39:47 pm »
I don't see why you are replying to my ad despite the fact that I've asked you not to!

Is a shame there's no "ignore" option because your patronising, righteous attitude is just another form of bullying.

I am sorry for you.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2009, 01:41:41 pm »
Have a fantastic day.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2009, 04:43:47 pm »
You've been coming here long enough to know the basics about risk and non risk. Giving oral is risky theoretically. But in the real world of HIV claims of infection in that manner don't hold up under careful scrutiny.

The only confirmed means of sexual transmission of HIV are through unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

Given your history of worrying, if you want to get tested at 13 weeks after this latest incident you can do that and just collect the inevitable negative result. 
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2009, 06:38:02 pm »
Thank you Andy!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2009, 08:46:25 am »
You're welcome. Glad the exchange was helpful to you.
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

giving oral with canker sores
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2010, 07:38:41 pm »
Hi everyone!

I'm back again. I have a question.

I gave a blow job, for quite a long time, to a man who's hiv status is unknown to me - although he didn't ejaculate at all, there may have been pre-cum, which I am not sure of since one rearly can be during the process of sucking someone off!

I have two canker sores on the inside of my cheeks, I don't think they're canker sores per se but rather are sores that my wisdom teeth form since I never removed them so they are always tender - they don'g bleed but they are bad enough to burn when I drink alcholoh or something solty.

Should I be worried?

Thank you!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2010, 10:00:06 pm »
Your saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which provide a very effective barrier against the transmission of viable HIV.

There is no need for testing nor for further concern on your part. Now the question is whether you will accept that and get on with your life or just start another round of unwarranted handwringing and worries.

Your move.
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2010, 05:07:02 am »
Thank you Andy!

I have a sore throut this morning and difficulty swallowing though - could this be something else?

Thanks!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2010, 08:41:32 am »
A sore throat happens for all sorts of reasons. It is not an HIV-specific event. Unfortunately now you are apparently misinterpreting everything that happens to you physically through an HIV-jitters mindset. You have no science-based cause for further concern about HIV. Period.

You need to get on with your life. I also going to say that at this point if you continue come back about non-risk situations you are going to end up getting a Time Out.
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

I gave a blow job to a stranger with a blister inside my mouth
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2010, 02:33:02 pm »
I just did something stupid. I gave a blow job to a guy from craigslist and I had a blister inside my mouth from yesterday or the day before but still can feel the stop where it pealed inside my mouth.

He didn't come in my mouth and said he did not have any std's but I am still concered.

What are the odds that I've gotten HIV?

thanks!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2010, 04:45:26 pm »
The odds of getting infected in that manner are pretty much zero. You saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which are very effective in preventing the transmission of viable HIV.

You are worrying needlessly.
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

Re: Help
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2010, 10:55:20 pm »
Quick question:

I am having sex with someone who is pozitive - he likes to gag on my cock. Today while gaging he vomited and am freaked out about hiv. Are there any records of anyone getting hiv from receiving oral and can this incident be dangerous?
thanks as always!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2010, 11:01:06 pm »
No risk. HIV is not transmitted through wither saliva or vomit. Perhaps your partner should practice overcoming his gag reflex.

I am just a little perplexed why someone with such a clear and persistent fear of HIV would date an HIV positive person. I am also perplexed as to why an HIV positive person with healthy self esteem would place himself in the position to be a posting on AIDSMEDS.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2010, 10:25:25 am »
@jkinatl2 thanks for your reply.

Stop wondering. People have their own reasons why they do what they do - it shouldn't be any of your concern - that's called judging.

peace

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2010, 10:29:20 am »
Eastern, I have split your initial posting and  subsequent ones which were in another member's thread.

Please follow our rule and keep your entries in this, your own thread.

No matter what details you may throw into the mix about receiving oral, there has never been a single confirmed case of transmission to a guy in that manner. It's safe to say you won't make history by becoming the first. There's no cause for further concern nor any need for testing.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2010, 12:21:41 pm »
EE,

How many times are you going to continue to come here and ask no risk questions? We're not here to hold your hand every time you have a sexual experience. It's high time you learned this stuff and started applying it to your own life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2010, 12:33:39 pm »
Also, your threads have been combined here. You've been coming here long enough to know that you are supposed to keep all of your entries in this same thread. Please follow that rule of the site in the future.

I am also going to warn you that if you continue to return over non-risk incidents of a sort which we have responded to many times, you are going to find yourself with either a Time Out or being permanently banned from the site. Consider yourself warned.

Sexual risk for HIV is not a complicatd matter. It is about unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. It's really just that simple.
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2010, 01:13:16 pm »
Ann, your reply is exaggerated. If u find my posts repetitive, don't reply to them. As a matter of fact I find most of your replys rude and offensive, why are you replying to people with this bitter jaded attitude as if someone is forcing you to do it. No one is, so if you find it annoying:stop and get over yourself. You behaving in this form like a Stalinist guard in a virtual gulag. I also find both your and Andy's rules very subjective. Who decides what in this forum? If we are all members - who sets the rules and by what standards? Is it based on what/whom you find annoying?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2010, 01:19:13 pm »
Maybe this site just isn't for you. So rather than encourage more pointless back and forths, I am giving you a 28 day Time Out.

I encourage you to see if you can find a better source for information and support which better fits your needs.

Also, don't make the mistake of trying to get around the ban by creating a new name for yourself. We'll spot that right off and it will get you permanently banned from the site.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:21:59 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Eastern_Europe

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2010, 01:30:49 am »
Hi everyone,
I've been absent for a while but just met someone online tonight who said he was 100% std free. He came over, I started sucking him and he came in my mouth, I pulled his cock away but as he was cuming he kept forcing his cock into my mouth saying "don't take it out" - what worries me is that I've been having gum problems in the last week - bleeding gums and general pain associated with irritated gums in my mouth. I immediatly spit out the cum and washed my mouth - but am freaked out now.

Any advice very muched welcomed!

Freaked out!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2010, 03:41:41 am »
Reread all the previous replies that you have been given and have a good day.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2010, 04:35:25 am »
You have been coming here since 2006, have you learnt nothing in those four years.

You say you have a copy of the lessons on how HIV is and is not transmitted on your office wall..do you actually read it?, if not I see no point in having it up there.

You have benen given good advise in the past from the experts here and have actually been rude to them, I think it's time you started listening to them.

Oral sex is classed as an extremely, extremly low risk situation, I can't stress that enough..but you should know this already..no need to test or worry over this.

FYI...when we talk about gum problems we are talking serious gum disorders, open mouth ulcers that are ozzing blood and extreme gum decay, iIdoubt you are having any of those problems, and if you are then you really need to go and see a dentist pronto.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Eastern_Europe

Question about tongue cuts and oral sex
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2011, 03:12:07 pm »
Hi everyone,

I've been coming to this form since 2006 and have learned a great deal about protection, prevention and safe sex. One thing I would like to ask the experts is oral sex and cuts which is something that I've read a great deal on here and generally online but when it comes to details - things are not as clear.

Here's my story: I had a cut with blod on my tongue (the one where you sneez and you cut your tongue with your own teeth- painful!) one hour before my fuck buddie arrived. Because I saw that my tongue was bleeding, I decided not to blow him but I did lick his balls and his penis shaft without taking his entire penis in my mouth. Here are my concerns: He had some pre-cum driping in his shaft whaile I was licking his penis shaft and some of it may have gotten inside my mouth with my cut in my tongue.

What are the chances that someone can get hiv this way?

Thank you for your petience since 2006!

Best,
EE

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Question about tongue cuts and oral sex
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2011, 04:13:55 pm »
EE,

This is the SIXTH time we've had to merge your threads. You've been coming to this site for five years now and you haven't learned a single thing where our rules or where transmission facts are concerned.

I for one have run out of patience with you. So don't thank me for my patience where you're concerned because I no longer have any for you.

If you'd bothered to find and re-read your previous replies, you'd have seen that you've asked similar questions time and time again in the past. Guess what? Our answers are not going to change. Yet again you've come here with a NO RISK situation.

You're awfully close to being permanently banned from this forum. It's pointless replying to you because you learn nothing.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Eastern_Europe

Re: Question about tongue cuts and oral sex
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2011, 05:13:41 pm »
Thank you Ann.

I have a learning dissability and it takes me a little longer than everyone else to get things - which is why I thank people in advance for their patience.

Best,
EE

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.