Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:38:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 240
Total: 241

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ronnie's Folly....  (Read 3934 times)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
Ronnie's Folly....
« on: July 09, 2010, 09:51:13 am »
Well, I want to thank you all for your responses regarding my pursing being my sister's paid caregiver and to continue pursuing my SSDI. I shall do both.

Prince Charming is GAY....

You all know that I became despondent and despaired after my last denial letter. I decided to do something:

Not sure if this would be considered a scam per se, but Herba**** with their presentation that you will be making money at home. To me AtHome is defined as in my home, in front of my computer, by my phone. I bought into it as I have heard of them and they have been in business for over 25 years.

You get a mentor and training on a website iad this is where my nightmare began. Suddenly,  I was having to pay a fee for access to sites for training. Then I had to pay a fee for setup in an IOffice. It was very professional, and worked, but, I had not worked for 4 years and had no money, which I explained to them from the start.

Used a credit card to pay for application fee and inventory $3,000.00 and it gets delivered to my door and my dining room is full of boxes of product, which is mine and if I sell it get to keep the money.

No Problem.

Then, I have to call into webinars as part of my training and... bam, those are long distance calls, and you are suddenly required to call in every day and sometimes twice a day.

Then, you have to get a Merchants account which is not free. An American Express Business card comes with that, which they have to run your credit report.

I change my phone service to Vonage for free internet calls,and they complain on the webinars that the Vonage or Magic Jacks are causing feedback in their systems and to get a land-line. (my thoughts, too bad, I have no money to pay long distance, deal with it)

They keep pushing you to register for an inspiration camp/meeting, which is in some unknown location, but they want you to register a hotel room and airfare, which, I have no money, but they keep pushing.

Still have product and credit cards are starting to accumulate these balances and it has been two weeks and I am still in training, but have had no income yet.

No problem, I am reaching the end of training and will graduate and they will show me ways to push/sell the product in my dining room.

The ways: I have to purchase fliers, and a car magnet, and clothes with their emblem and be a walking bill board. And am advised to go to apt complexes and mail rooms and any where there is a bulletin board and put up fliers. (this is not at home in front of my computer)

I balk., and complain. My concern goes unheeded. I am advised that I can go out in a grocery store parking lot and place fliers on cars, which, has my new 800# or home number on them at the same time I am warned not to scratch the car paint on said cars. ??

I balk and complain. I am not in good health. I have had blood clotsi n leg and lungs. I cannot take the heat and humidity...I can't breathe and walk. I call my mentor and explain that I have returned from Walmart and had only been outside for 30 minutes and I couldn' breathe and when I got home collapsed, which, I had to convince Katie not to call an ambulance to get my inhaler. I complain. It goes unheeded, I am advised I can do it in the cool of the night. ??

I balk. You cannot go around to people's cars in the dark of night:. the police will stop and question you. My concern goes unheeded, I am put off as being silly. I get pissed. Tell her off.

I log onto IOffice and cancel/resign. ask for refund. They keep pushing that they can help me sell the product. I'm not interested. I don't trust them. I am in debt. Bi;ls are coming due.

I am them informed that there had been disclaimers in the fine print at the bottom of each page stating that purchase of these extra services were not necessary for the sale of product.

Too Late. Now they tell me. After I've already signed up for all the extras, which, have a monthly fee. She confesses that mayhaps she did not handle our last conversation well. She thought I was makling fun of her... ??

My brain is fried, it is on overload from all the information from the webinars I have been receiving every day for two weeks. Mom is concerned, Katie is concerned. They want to know just what have I charged? I cannot answer. the past two weeks are a blur of information being crammed into my head.

Under moms advice, I contact creditors and advise to my predictament and not to accept any further charge requests from this company.

I again ask for a refund, of Any Type. This is where I am right now with them.

Cost of my folly, $3,405.59 cents.
Lesson learned, priceless.
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: Ronnie's Folly....
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 03:08:21 pm »
Oh Ronnie..this really sounds like some sorta Pyramid Scheme, if you can actually sell any of this stuff, then at least you'll get some sorta return, but, it won't be what you paid into it, I remember this Scheme
back in the 80s & 90s, you have to sell, and get as many people to join & do all of the things you don't want to do, the more people you get to sell and do things the more clout you get, (like the promise of being a district manager), if you don't do this, you end up holding the bag (so the speak) I was in one of these, back then, that I really had no time to invest in, so I kindly backed-out, and quickly too, after losing about $2,500 in product I could NEVER sell to anyone, so, I just gave a lot of it away to friends and family members, you may have heard of this before, it was called AMWAY ???
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 03:15:32 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 06:18:44 pm »
I see ads of these sorts once in awhile in the weekend paper.  I've always been extremely hesitant to check them out.  Now I'm glad I never did.   I sincerely hope you get some money back.  Sorry that had to happen.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline bear60

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 09:46:39 am »
Hi Ron
Sorry you had to go thru this.  But.... well, we all make mistakes.  Pyramid schemes depend on getting new blood into the system...and thats what you were to them...new blood.

Good luck with recovering money.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 04:57:51 am »
Hi Ron
Sorry you had to go thru this.  But.... well, we all make mistakes.  Pyramid schemes depend on getting new blood into the system...and thats what you were to them...new blood.

Good luck with recovering money.

I wonder how far I would have gotten if they knew just what was in my blood?  :-\

Mom states that I am probably not the first to keep going for the carrot being dangled before me. She feels bad that I was so desperate to do something, that I went as far as I did. She is also glad that I did stop when  I did, as she has heard of a woman who fell for the 'dream' and went 50,000 in debt and is  in the process of losing her home and car.  ???
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.