Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:44:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 495
Total: 496

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What did living with hiv bring me  (Read 3833 times)

Offline zeb

What did living with hiv bring me
« on: July 17, 2007, 05:29:27 am »
Well,

First of all: anxiety, the sense of being mortal and a lot of sadness, but...

It also brought me in touch with someone special, a very sweet woman from Sweden.
I already met her 3 times (thanks to the cheap tickets of low cost carrier Ryanair) and I will meet her in two weeks again!!!
The times I met her were really great! Just being with her is so good. No need for fancy machismo behaviour. No expensive dinner parties. My greatest expercience was being with her and having a burger in the park near a playground, enjoying the sun together and watching her kids play.

Pretty weird though that HIV brought me in contact with this very special person... Is this fate? Has HIV put me on the track I should be on? Well, if the docs are right I hope I really will have the opportunity to know her more and more and if that works out fine I hope to look forward for decades to come!

Just wanted to share this with you all.
Zeb

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
Re: What did living with hiv bring me
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 05:46:24 am »
I don't actually believe in fate. I believe life is serendipitous. Many life events are opportunities in disguise and it's upto us what we do with those opportunities.

You Zeb, hopefully, are choosing to let go of your anxiety and sadness and replace them with hope and happiness. I  wish you only good times with your new friend. Enjoy whatever fun it may bring for however long. Yesterday has gone and tomorrow may never come. Live for today.

Melia :)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Nadine

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 06:30:24 am »
My greatest expercience was being with her and having a burger in the park near a playground, enjoying the sun together and watching her kids play.
Sounds pretty cool Zeb....I am happy for ya!

To quote the lovely Melia.....
You Zeb, hopefully, are choosing to let go of your anxiety and sadness and replace them with hope and happiness. I  wish you only good times with your new friend. Enjoy whatever fun it may bring for however long. Yesterday has gone and tomorrow may never come. Live for today.
Right on Sister!

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 07:30:41 am »
there you go...

now, what about the opportunity to meet me?  :P  ;)

ps probably b/c of the anxiety, you were forced to connect with her on a much more natural, intuitive level, which made you hit it off so well.

ps ps there is usually no need for machismo behavior, esp. not in this part of the world  ;)

just keep going....
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline rkeat25

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 07:34:22 am »
Congratulations!  I hope all goes well.  I agree this disease brings with it some anxiety and angst.  But, when two people who share such significance get together, there is a chance for a profound connection.

All the best,
ronnie

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 08:16:19 am »
Many life events are opportunities in disguise and it's upto us what we do with those opportunities.

You got that right Melia,

Sometimes it only takes paying closer attention to the happenings in our lives and our inner lives too, instead of getting caught up in the many meaningless distractions. It's the little things that can add up to something meaningful.

All the best to you and your newfound love, Zeb.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline zeb

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 09:07:42 am »
Hey Dragonette,

As I said before: This doesn't mean we won't drink a cup of coffee or visit a Thai restaurant again! ;)
Thanks for your suggestion by the way!

To Meli, Daniel, Nadine & Ronnie,
Thank you for your best wishes!!! Well I'll keep you all posted about how this works out.

Zeb

Offline zeb

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 03:00:06 pm »
Well the 31st I'll visit her again!!!!

Thank God for the low fares from Ryanair!

yep: serendipity crossed our path!

Zeb

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 03:15:56 pm »
zeb, this is great news, i wish you both all the best
xxx
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 06:33:49 pm »
Excellent. Just what you needed, Zeb.
Happy for you.
xxx,
Mike

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.