Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:41:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 223
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: shock  (Read 6062 times)

Offline bobik

• My worksite
shock
« on: August 28, 2006, 01:22:19 pm »
Sorry everyone, this hasn't got to do anything with HIV except that I have to deal with it right now.
This morning I received a mail from my work, that two of my former colleagues have had an accident. They were a married couple, and this weekend their car has been hit by another car, driven by a drunk man who was trying to escape the police at an alcohol-check. He drove very fast (80 miles p/h in the city) and hit the car of my colleagues. He was killed immediately and she is in the hospital on the intensive care unit with so many broken bones that one can hardly believe it.

I heard about the accident on the radio when I had a nightshift, I was driving in my car, and I remember that the news struck me. It is often that one hears about an accident and thinks "This is horrible" but then you forget again. It struck me that I found it very hard to forget, it was as if I already felt that someone I knew was involved. Very strange.

Hard to believe that that cheerful man is dead. A bearish guy with a warm heart and a great smile. And the poor surviving girl, who has to deal with the loss of her husband while being in the hospital. Life can be really cruel now and then.

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
Re: shock
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 01:29:01 pm »
Dear Coen,
I am so sorry for your loss and you and your friend's wife will be in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Peace,
Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline Lis

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 01:30:24 pm »
Coen,

I am so sorry about your friends... you are in my thoughts

lisbeth
poz 1986....

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 01:33:24 pm »
Coen,  I am so sorry...  It always happens to someone else, and not us... Sound familiar? 

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends...  I think we all need a bit of a break from the drama.. Please?

Love

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 01:49:51 pm »
Oh, Coen, this is terrible news indeed! I am thinking of you with my heart my friend!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline franfrog

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 02:00:49 pm »
Coen,
I am so sorry to hear this horrible news.  I too recently(not so recent, about 3 months ago) also had someone I know in a horrible car accident.  My 73 year old grandmother and 12 year old nephew.  Luckily my nephew is OK, my grandmother on the other had is still in the hospital with many many broken bones and nothing can seem to go her way. 
I hope your friend can get through this with much less pain and set backs as my grandmother.  I have her in my thoughts and prayers.
Fran
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 02:03:42 pm »
Oh Coen, how tragic!
My deepest condolences to you, your friend's wife and his family.
You're in my thoughts tonight.

Melia
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Teresa

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 03:23:20 pm »
Coen,

So sorry to hear about your friends.

Will keep you, his wife and their family in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 03:41:55 pm »
Sorry to hear this news Coen....

my sympathies to you and the family of your friend.

Hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 03:46:15 pm »
This is just terrible. I pray for your comfort and for friend's surviving widow. God, this life is so tough sometimes.....
Andy Velez

Offline Eldon

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 06:23:10 pm »
Hello Coen, it is Eldon. Sorry to hear of the news about your friends. I send my condolances and I will pray for the surviving widow.

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 06:57:11 pm »
Coen, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends.

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 08:34:17 pm »
Deepest sympathy...

Andrew

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 08:41:40 pm »
No words can ever close the wounds of a loss such as this.  I can only hope to soothe your pain, and know that my thoughts are with your colleague's wife, who is fighting for her own life.
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline RobT

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 09:28:50 pm »
Coen-
Sorry to hear about the tragic news. My deepest sympathies.

RobT

9/27/2005-1st test results
Viral Load >1,000,000
CD4 204
CD4%age 18
CD4/CD8 ratio .23
11/24/2005- Sustiva/Truvada
04/18/2006
Viral Load 140
CD4 402
CD4%age .21
CD4/CD8 ratio .39
06/27/2006
Viral Load 42
CD4 409
CD4%age .21
08/01/2006
Viral load- undetectable
CD4 493
CD4%age .33

Next lab: 09/01/2006
Current meds: Atripla
VL: undetectable
CD4: 630

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 10:49:40 pm »
2006 has been a really bad year. I wish we could skip it, like the number 13.

Sympathetic hugs.

Offline bluelove

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 11:36:34 pm »
I just wanted to say how really sorry l am to hear about this.You and your friends wife are in my thoughts and prayers tonight and in the coming day's.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 09:06:50 am »
Coen,

I am so sad to read this report.  Please be sure that one man in Arizona is thinking of you in your time of loss. 

In Sadness.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 05:04:27 pm »
Thanks everybody.
Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.