Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:57:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 164
Total: 164

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Andy, Ann, Experts, please help!!!  (Read 20944 times)

Offline nonfiction

Andy, Ann, Experts, please help!!!
« on: June 06, 2006, 12:42:03 pm »
Hi everybody - so I'm pretty green in the field of sexuality - I guess I'm just scared, so normally I'm very careful....I had a recent fear however - so the other night, I went to a strip club and ended up going into the vip room with 2 girls for a show - during the show, at one point, one of the girls (for lack of a better term), went down on the other one, for about 30-40 seconds - then, about a minute later, she kissed me....now I know kissing isn't an hiv risk, but with her having just gone down on her friend, could i be at risk due to vaginal fluids?  The other reason I ask, and the biggest reason I'm sooo scared....that morning, I shaved and hit my lip and caused a cut!!!!  Now while at night, when I got the show, it was no longer bleeding, it was still you know, red/raw or whatever.....

Anyway, I"m really scared and hoep to hear that I"m fretting over nothing, don't need testing, and can move on.......I asked a friend of mine, and he told me "You need to relax - you're fine..." was he right? i hope so...

Offline nonfiction

Re: Aids Experts Please Respond.....
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 12:46:11 pm »
So yeah, if any of the experts, such as anday or ann, could please respond..i'm sitting here in the library flipping out!! :(  - I'm just scared that the vaginal fluids on the girls lips could have gotten into my cut and infected me...?  Or is that incorrect/convoluted, and i shoulnd't be afraid?

And I'm sorry if I'm bothering you - I did search through the website - I"ve been searching for what seems like the last 12 hours - but I didn't ifnd a case quite like mine...so I thought I'd ask....
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 12:51:38 pm by nonfiction »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 02:57:48 pm »
Cease and desist from flipping out right now. You were not at risk for HIV transmission during that kissing scene. And yes, I am keeping in mind your shaving nick. No risk whatsoever. Period.

Please read the lesson on this site on transmission. I think you will find some helpful information there and as someone who's "green" it may help to ease your concerns in general. Becoming sexually active is a mixed experience -- very exciting and often very scary and confusing as well. Take your time as your proceed. As long as you consistently use latex condoms for intercourse you are pretty much covered literally and figuratively as far as HIV is concerned.

This time out there's no cause for further concern nor for testing.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 07:32:17 pm »
Hey guys - Andy especially - wanted to thank you for your quick response - just one last little question - a few days after this (3) - I noticed a relatively big sore in my mouth - I'm now fearful it may have been open or slightly bleeding at the time of the above incident (although, hopefully, it may not have been there before)....anyway, would that give me a reason to be concerned?  thanks guys.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 07:58:47 pm »
More what ifs. No, you do not have to be concerned about this incident Neither kissing nor the vaginal fluids which may have gotten into your mouth would constitute a real risk.

If you haven't already done so please read the lesson on transmission on this site. And even if you have read it, please re-read it.

Becoming sexually active is an exciting time and it's also often a source of a lot of anxiety. Just use condoms consistently for intercourse and you'll be fine as far as HIV is concerned. No kidding.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline nonfiction

Andy, Ann, Experts, please help!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 04:04:42 pm »
So I'm a pretty safe person when it comes to sexual activity - but I may have made a mistake - so, met this girl - she ended up coming over - we made out, etc....i started to "finger" her pretty deeply - at which point i asked "do you have any stds?"  at which point she tells me she actually has genital herpes - so i got pretty scared...part of the reason I'm scared - im a diabetic, and prick my fingers to check my blood sugar, and just did so about 3 hours before this incident (now it wasn't openly bleeding at the time, but is that a possible site of entry)? 

thus, im worried - if infact she also has hiv (she said she hsan't been tested before), was i at risk there?

and although i know this isn't a herpes board, i bet you guys know alot about stds.....could i have contracted herpes this way? i know thats more infectious.....

note:  she didn't have an outbreak at the time of our encounter.
thanks guys.....

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Andy, Ann, Experts, please help!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 04:10:57 pm »
You did not have an HIV risk in what you have described.  Im personally not 100% sure about the herpes but I doubt that as well.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 04:12:41 pm »
really? even the 3 hour previous diabetic pinprick i dont need to worry about possible hiv transmission?

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 04:22:16 pm »
ann, andy, i was wondering if you guys could respond to my fingering risk and its relation to hiv and/or herpes...thank you...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 04:23:50 pm »
non,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. Fingering, no matter what sort of spin you can think of to put on it, is NOT a risk for hiv infection. No way, no how. Not one person has ever been infected this way and you will NOT be the first.

Herpes is transmitted by skin to skin contact, but the skin it will infect is mucus membranes or the skin on genital organs. It will NOT infect your finger. She wasn't having an outbreak anyway.

Fingering isn't a risk for anything.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 04:36:25 pm »
so i can sleep easy tonight? i hope... :)

as for the herpes....i read online on several sites that it can be transmitted even when they don't have an outbreak.....but again - odds are against me getting it this way? or hiv?  thanks all...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 04:40:12 pm »
non,

You don't get herpes of the finger. You get herpes on your lips or genitals. While herpes can sometimes be transmitted when there is no visible lesion, in this instance you were not at any risk for herpes at all.

You also were not at risk for hiv in this incident. No way, no how. Nope. Uh-un. Nada. No risk via fingering.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 05:05:20 pm »
ONe last question - so here's another major point as to why im concerned - i went to the infectious disease department at the hospital near my school - spoke to a nurse there, explained my situatin - she then went and spoke to an attending, and she came back and said "again, its unlikely that you got herpes or hiv from this, but with your having tested your blood sugar a couple of hours before this incident, that cut may have presented a portal of entry...so to be safe, you might want to get an hiv test now and after 3 months."  - so i did - the rapid test came back negative in 20 minutes - should i go again after 3 months like she suggested?  was the first test even necessary (she said it wouldn't tell me if i got infected from my incident yesterday, but that it was done as a baseline...)...

was i given bad/uneducated advice?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 05:14:37 pm »
non,

You were given that advice as a CYA (cover your ass) policy.

Not one person has EVER been infected through fingering. Fingering is taking place every second of every day and some of those people are diabetic who use the same device you do and some of those people have hangnails or papercuts or whatever. Not one person has EVER been infected this way.

You can test all you like over this incident - you will NOT receive a positive result.

Here's what you need to know to stay hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently and you will remain hiv negative. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 06:32:19 pm »
so not to sound crude or anything, but i can go around fingering anybody and not have to worry about possibly contracting hiv through such an encounter?  (involved with that, i don't need to assess my hands before i do such a thing, etc..?)??

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 06:52:55 pm »
Fingering is not a risk for HIV transmisson. Period. 
Andy Velez

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 09:48:01 pm »
lastly, should i allow the fact that she said she did indeed have genital herpes affect me at all?  b/c to be honest, although it may sound bad, fears are forming inside me saying "if she has herpes, maybe she has hiv too..."  or is that irrelevant b/c even if she had hiv, it doesn't matter b/c what i did wouldn't put me at risk for contracting it?  even with my previous testing of my blood sugar - and thus minor cut - about 3 hours earlier?

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 02:21:43 am »
again, its unlikely that you got herpes or hiv from this, but with your having tested your blood sugar a couple of hours before this incident, that cut may have presented a portal of entry...so to be safe, you might want to get an hiv test now and after 3 months." 

Even a first year janitor at that hospital could have informed you that the information you received is a pile of horse droppings. Skin is an effective barrier to bloodborne viruses and even that 3 hour old lancet prick wouldn't have increased your risk, which was non existant to begin with, seriously.

Moreover, you didn't have a cut, you pricked your finger. You know the drill, prick your finger, squeeze and hope enough blood is realized to get an accurate result with the glucometer, its a small wound that closes immediately thereafter and you know that....

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 10:32:44 am »
yeah, that was part of my other question - so would the cut have to be like openly bleeding at the time for it to have been a risk?  and i guess even though the wound probably wasn' tocmpletely closed, it atleast wasn't bleeding at the time...?

and is my concern that she might have hiv irrelevant?  im assuming b/c even if she did, what we did would not transmit it to me....?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 10:41:22 am »
It would not matter if she was HIV+.  You wouldnt have been infected anyway.  The wound WAS completely closed, the body is good like that, or we would bleed to death after getting small abraisions.
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 10:42:50 am »
non,

Even if this woman is hiv positive, you WERE NOT AT RISK! My partner of nearly eight years is hiv negative. He's in the building trade and often has cuts and whatnot on his hands and yes, he touches me with those hands all the time. He isn't at risk and NEITHER are YOU!

Fingering is NOT a risk, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it. It's time you put this behind you and got on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 05:29:37 pm »
So I've spent alot of today coming to terms with this - and the advice I've been given - I've decided to try to move on and not worry about this anymore - that being said, I don't plan on testing any further for this........is that ok/advised?

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 06:26:03 pm »
One other question - in doing some internet research, I found medhelp.org where a guy asked a question about when he removed his condom, if he could have gotten vaginal fluids in one of the wounds left by him checking his sugar (he was diabetic too)....and Dr. HHH, Md on that site said this:

1) The sort of wound left by a finger tip lancet is not sufficient to seriously increase HIV risk. The odds your escorts were HIV infected is low anyway.

......to "seriously" increase hiv risk?  does it increase it enough for transmission?  or again, should i not worry?  tahnks.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 07:58:00 pm »
No risk.

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 08:00:44 pm »
so it's ok if i don't test?  i'm not being irresponsible?  even being a diabetic who pricks his finger daily to check his blood sugar, im at no risk, and won't be being irresponsible if i don't test over this matter?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 08:08:19 pm »
You didn't have a risk and you don't need to test.

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 10:16:24 pm »
I'm obviously having trouble coming to terms with this - so Andy or Ann, I have a question for you that might make me accept this - so if you were my father (or mother), and i was your son, and you knew i was diabetic and i tested my sugar and pricked my finger, and then later that night had this fingering experience with a girl who told me she had herpes and did not know about her hiv status, you would tell me "don't worry about hiv"   ?   

If so, if i could imagine my own father or mother telling me not to even worry for a second about this, i think i could move on.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 10:49:25 pm »
nonfiction,

you know many people read your threads, not just Ann and Andy. I doubt anyone can relate being your father or mother, but you're asking HIV experts here, so listen to them. Your father or your mother may not be HIV experts. You came to the right place asking the right questions, believe the people that have lived with this for decades, believe the people that have done research and give you answers that you can trust.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 10:51:38 pm »
I'm obviously having trouble coming to terms with this - so Andy or Ann, I have a question for you that might make me accept this - so if you were my father (or mother), and i was your son, and you knew i was diabetic and i tested my sugar and pricked my finger, and then later that night had this fingering experience with a girl who told me she had herpes and did not know about her hiv status, you would tell me "don't worry about hiv"   ?   

If so, if i could imagine my own father or mother telling me not to even worry for a second about this, i think i could move on.

I would DEFINITELY tell you not to worry.  Just like we all have been.  No risk is no risk whether youre my kid or not.
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2007, 09:02:18 am »
NonF, while I appreciate your feelings, that doesn't change the accuracy of anything you have been told here. Feelings are not facts and your concerns about this incident have no basis in HIV science, no matter how much your mind tells you otherwise.

As it happens I am the father of two sons, but that doesn't make my responses any more accurate than those of others who have replied to you. You're getting the benefit of a lot of experience in the epidemic from those who have answered you.

From my perspective what the real issue here is a common one -- the anxiety along with the excitement which often occurs when someone first becomes sexually active. We don't see any basis in HIV science for you to be concerned about this incident. We're actually very conservative about risks and if we thought testing was warranted we would say so right away. But it isn't.

My suggestion is that if you continue to be concerned about this you should talk with a counselor other such professional. Becoming isolated with this kind of concern creates a setting in which your fears keep running around in your head, all to no good purpose. So you want to find a proper setting in which to get some support. We cannot provide that for you here. All we can tell you is that you weren't at risk for HIV. Period.

Good luck with getting this resolved in an appropriate setting.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:16:20 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 10:29:03 am »
I think Andy was addressing nonfiction here.  Not Milker. 
RIDE!!!

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2007, 11:46:56 am »
so the potential cuts (which more than likely healed pretty quickly, and before my experience) from testing my blood sguar really don't make me any more at risk huh?  i really should just chill out and move on it seems...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 12:17:16 pm »
YES! Letting go of this unwarranted concern and getting on with your life is EXACTLY what you should be doing.
Andy Velez

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 04:36:37 pm »
thanks andy, thanks all.

by the way, just b/c she has herpes, that isn't a strong indicator that she probably has hiv too, right??? (although i do know that people with herpes are more likely to get hiv during sex with an infected partner b/c of their sores during an outbreak, ....)......

i guess im saying, herpes is much more common than hiv, right?  and having one clearly doesn't mean you neccessarily have the other,right?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2007, 04:54:00 pm »
Her having herpes is absolutely no indication that she has HIV nor is it an indication that she is more likely to have HIV. They are two totally separate issues.

Period.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 04:55:57 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2007, 05:18:59 pm »
that, and i suppose, that even if she did have hiv, i shouldn't be worried - b/c i didn't put myself at risk, huh?

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2007, 08:58:53 pm »

by the way, just b/c she has herpes, that isn't a strong indicator that she probably has hiv too, right??? (although i do know that people with herpes are more likely to get hiv during sex with an infected partner b/c of their sores during an outbreak, ....)......

i guess im saying, herpes is much more common than hiv, right?  and having one clearly doesn't mean you neccessarily have the other,right?

Dear Nonfiction

While this is an HIV board let me briefly answer your Herpes question.  Herpes comes in two types - type 1 is most common on the lips/mouth (est. at least 60% of population has this) type 2 is genital herpes (estimated about 20-25% of U.S. populations - probably same in UK)  And of course it is possible to get type 1 on genitals or type 2 on mouth.  What this means is every time you walk into a room full of people 1 out of 4 people has genital herpes.  While herpes can increase the risk for transmitting HIV - the fact that someone has or does not have herpes has absolutely nothing to do with their HIV status.

ScienceGuy

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2007, 10:29:55 am »
Hey guys - sorry, I'm back - I had actuallly gotten over my fear from the previous noted incident - anyway, the other night I went to an adult club, where you can get private dances, etc....got a show with a girl I've talked to before....my concern there was that we engaged in some deep kissing.....my concern was that after I left, I had a weird taste in my mouth - perhaps it was b/c she had been drinking and smoking - but I still left concerned - as well, she told me of how she's been involved with a few people the last couple of months, which heightened my alertness.....anyway, my lips are often chapped, etc....my concern was though, if she had broken chapped lips - what if she was bleeding slightly on her lips?  Could such blood contact mucous membrane on my lips and lead to infection?  I'm really concerned/scared and am wondering if I'm again being ridiculous and need to not waste another minute on this, or if I should be concerned (i can't get studying done since this incident yesterday, and i'm very concerned)....

thanks for your help.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2007, 10:39:29 am »
Read the lesson on transmission. (Link in the welcome thread which opens this section).

You've been hanging around here long enough now to know the basics and that what you did was not in any way a risk for HIV transmission.

Turn your worry into knowledge and you'll do a lot better. No kidding.
Andy Velez

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2007, 10:41:53 am »
Why do I find it so hard to accept that?  Why do I let my mind wander and find a way to bring me down and think "you're going to be the first, somehow, to get it that way...?"

- Perhaps I need professional help.......

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2007, 10:43:54 am »
That aside, I should get back to studying, right?  No need to even think for another second about this non-risk, right?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2007, 10:52:29 am »
I'm suprised to see you have been familiar with this site since at least June of last year and are still considering something like HIV from kissing with chapped lips. 

Really?   Really??

I honestly believe that you already know the answer to your question above. 

Next!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2007, 05:32:23 pm »
I'm back again - so the other day, I went to see a provider -all she gave me was a covered bj - but before she put the condom on, she poured something in there - i was like "what's that?" - she said it was "ky jelly" - i looked at the bottle and was like "oh, ok,...." - but then I was like, "well, I don't want that, can we use another condom" - she was very vehement, however, about  using that one, and that it was no big deal, and that it would feel good - anyway, she went on and gave me the covered bj with that condom - now i realize I'm bordering on extreme paranoia here (and yes, since my last posts I h\ave met with a sexual health counselor and plan to continue doing so....)....but i have this fear out of this situation - is there any way the lube could have had any hiv in it? in the sense that if her blood was in it or a vaginal secretion, could it survive in there and infect me?  she put alot in the condom and so my whole penis was covered by it.........

thanks for your help.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2007, 05:41:48 pm »
non,

No, even if your wildest fears were true, this would not be a transmission route for hiv. Putting lube in a condom is said to increase sensation for the penis, but it is not really recommended for intercourse as it can make it easier for the condom to slip off. You needn't worry where a bj is concerned. Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection and the condom was used for HER protection, not yours.

No risk in this situation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2007, 05:51:16 pm »
Thanks - I guess the only other corollary to that question I had, and again, I think I'm being very paranoid here, but even if she had put, for isntance, hiv+ blood in the lube before i was there, would hiv survive in such a medium such that it could infect?

and people often, for bjs use lube in the condom (if they're using protection)?  i found it odd at the time - but it did make it more pleasureablel..(I thinkk....)...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2007, 06:43:24 pm »
non,

Re-read my previous reply. I already answered your question.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2007, 06:49:12 pm »
oh, ok.  but what's the reason that it wouldn't be a transmission risk?  is it that hiv would not survive for more than a few seconds in a water-based lubricant?  thanks ann.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2007, 07:06:26 pm »
non,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that quickly becomes damaged by small changes in moisture content, temperature and pH levels. The environment inside the human body is the only one in which it remains undamaged and able to infect. Taking it outside the body and putting it into some other medium would render it unable to infect.

You didn't have a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2007, 07:52:24 pm »
Last related question - so that activity happened friday - today, tuesday, I noticed a wound on my penis - now I'm guessing that this wound is probably from me masturbating the last few days - but nevertheless, if during the blowjob she had bitten me and/or her blowjob was simply rough enough to cut me, would that change any risk factor of mine?  Based on what you wrote above ann, I presume that if indeed she bit me and cut me, that would only actually be a risk for the deliverer (her), correct?  and not me?  thanks so much.

Offline nonfiction

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2007, 09:32:07 pm »
ann? andy? if you get a chance, could you please respond. thank you. i appreciate it very much :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.