Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:39:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 211
Total: 213

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The American World  (Read 4336 times)

Offline ademas

The American World
« on: January 03, 2007, 08:01:01 pm »
from a friend in the Netherlands...
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry!

the link is easier to read:
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/ademas2006/34american-world1.jpg?t=1167872097
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 08:15:18 pm by ademas »

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
Re: The American World
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 08:06:15 pm »
that is pretty funny!

I haven't had a good, sick laugh in awhile, thanks!
Who was it wrote; Give any one species too much rope and they'll fuck it up?
-Roger Waters

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 08:10:35 pm »
I wish I could read the whole thing but it sums it up
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline ademas

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 08:16:30 pm »
I wish I could read the whole thing but it sums it up

I added a link...it's a little easier to read...but you got the idea.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 01:39:02 am »
Canadians are "Mouse Heads"? I don't know what that means.

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 02:12:37 am »
This reminds me of the thread with the youtube(?) video where the guy would ask geography question to Americans. For some reason they kept thinking Australia was Iraq. I would disagree with Ireland with the British flag and then written as the 51 state though.
It would imply that the irish gov't is a rubber stamp to the Americans. I guess the person was trying to imply that because of the large irish population it would make sense, but usually if anyone refers to the 51 state it  tends to be either Puerto Rico, Israel or Washington DC.
Because the lettering was small I thought Canada was Moose Head- which probably is what the nederlander meant .
I would have put in India with a caption like Outsourceville or "Hello my name is John can I help you" since almost all American companies use Indian people for customer service now.
With all the news of AIDS in Africa I would have thought they would have put that on the African continent with diamonds. But then this isn't my work of art.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:17:15 am by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 10:12:19 pm »
mouse heads or moose heads  ???  ???

Offline Eldon

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 10:16:21 pm »
My initial response was that it is the truth. I giggled to myself.

"What Can I do today to make a better Tommorrow?"

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 10:31:24 pm »
This reminds me of the thread with the youtube(?) video where the guy would ask geography question to Americans. For some reason they kept thinking Australia was Iraq. I would disagree with Ireland with the British flag and then written as the 51 state though.
It would imply that the irish gov't is a rubber stamp to the Americans. I guess the person was trying to imply that because of the large irish population it would make sense, but usually if anyone refers to the 51 state it  tends to be either Puerto Rico, Israel or Washington DC.
Because the lettering was small I thought Canada was Moose Head- which probably is what the nederlander meant .
I would have put in India with a caption like Outsourceville or "Hello my name is John can I help you" since almost all American companies use Indian people for customer service now.
With all the news of AIDS in Africa I would have thought they would have put that on the African continent with diamonds. But then this isn't my work of art.

Ummm you took this really seriously. 
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 05:47:41 pm »
LOL @ "Outsourceville"

or, if you wanna twist the knife you can say

"Where the jobs are now"  :D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 06:12:27 pm by allopathicholistic »

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 06:08:14 pm »

Since it's making fun of Americans' stereotypical lack of knowledge about the world... not showing Ireland as independent works within the oeuvre.

And most people don't know, or care, where diamonds come from.

It's uber-simple because most Americans are dolts.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline fondeveau

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 09:02:31 pm »
http://www.diversophy.com/petersmap.htm

Try some of these perspectives.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.