Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 345
Total: 345

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Life with HIV- Improved, No change or worst?  (Read 12421 times)

Offline hope4love

• Every Problem has a Solution.
Life with HIV- Improved, No change or worst?
« on: February 26, 2010, 12:34:44 pm »
I was chatting with a friend from UK who is positive and he told that he read some where that a study was done with HIV positive people if their was an improvement or deteriorated in the quality of life. 30% said that their life has become better/improved. 40% told not change and 20% told it became worse..what is it life for you with HIV? It's become better or you have improved/prospered in any way.. gone bad or no change just as it was before..? wish to have your views
Jan 2009 - Sero Negative
Jan 2010 - Sero Positive
               CD4 - 275, VL - 18,000
Oct 2010 - CD4 - 241, Started - Vonavir; Oct 2011 - CD4 - 474;Jan 2012 - CD4-620; Aug 2012-CD4-600, VL- UD; Jan 2013 CD4-493, VL-72 IU/ml   (Blip)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Life with HIV- Improved, No change or worst?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 01:10:35 pm »
Hope,

I removed your thread from the Long Term Survivors forum and placed it here in Living. As someone only recently diagnosed, you are not permitted to post in that forum. Please read any forum's Welcome Thread before posting in that forum to make sure you're permitted to post there. Thank you for your cooperation.

Oops, another moderator beat me to it. But the message remains the same, please do not post in the LTS forum. Thanks.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 01:16:34 pm »
I've been poz only 2 years (meds for a year or so) and  I can report no change.

Physically,  overall I have no change and possibly feel slightly better vs. when i was Neg. ( I cannot explain this however it may be connected to emotions). Emotionally I feel better than when I was neg, as this event has forced me to face fear directly in the face and has changed my view of the world in general...I appreciate it more.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 01:32:13 pm »
I was chatting with a friend from UK who is positive and he told that he read some where that a study was done with HIV positive people if their was an improvement or deteriorated in the quality of life. 30% said that their life has become better/improved. 40% told not change and 20% told it became worse..what is it life for you with HIV? It's become better or you have improved/prospered in any way.. gone bad or no change just as it was before..? wish to have your views

I'd like to ask you why you want our views on whether quality of life increases or decreases after being diagnosed with HIV.  I just don't understand the point of your question.  If for some reason the majority were to say their life improved, you surely wouldn't recommend that everyone go out and get HIV, would you?

That said, I've had HIV virtually my entire adult life, so I find it hard to say if my quality of life has increased or decreased.  I can't remember not having HIV.

Regards,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 02:29:57 pm »

That said, I've had HIV virtually my entire adult life, so I find it hard to say if my quality of life has increased or decreased.  I can't remember not having HIV.

ditto
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline bear60

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 03:20:08 pm »
I think the original poster is talking about whether our lives have changed for the better or worse.......MEDICALLY.  In other words, are we better off taking meds or not.  
Ok.  My opinion is that "quality of life" has as much to do with emotional "well being" as with how HEALTHY we are.  Over the years I have been HIV positive, I have lost far too many friends and one long term life partner.  There was nothing I could do to help these people, so I felt lost and depressed.  Twenty two years later  the feelings of helplessness, loss and depression have caused me to have a lot of anxiety issues.  I feel as though I will never get MY LIFE back.
So, I guess you could say my life has changed for the worse, even if, medically,  I am still pretty healthy.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 10:21:31 am by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 06:20:58 pm »
I will wait for the OP to ring back in on the purpose, and gist of the question; especially since they are new here, and seondly because like Bucky boy said, the questions purpose is not clear.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 07:23:30 pm »
some things are ups, some downs, some no change.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Etay1207

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 01:23:15 am »
I've been poz my whole adult life so I don't know a life without HIV. Medically, I have no complaints. I am healthier now than when I was in my early 20's. But at the same time I'm not abusing my body and going through the stresses of early adulthood like I was just 10 years ago. The sigma is the worst part. People think differently about you when u tell them ur HIV+. That has gotten better since I became more vocal about my status.
POZ since 1999
1/07 tcells: 530 vl: 72,922 7/07 tcells: 542 vl: 26,577
9/08 tcells: 339 vl: 56,120  7/09 tcells: 267 vl: 663,160
11/09 tcells: 71 vl: 498,670 2/10 tcells: 52 vl: 322,000
 no meds and feeling great!

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 01:43:15 am »
I'm not on meds yet.  I did get sick and wondered whether that would have happened if negative--it possibly could have.  As I've said on here before, I think it is actually depression and anxiety that causes me to not feel good somedays.  I have days where I feel so tired and just crappy.  I'm not sure whether this is due to HIV putting up a good fight those days or depression/anxiety causing physical symptoms.

I know I feel my life has changed so profoundly and I wish I could get my old life back.  I think HIV has made me a better person--more compassionate, etc.  I also appreciate how fragile life is now and that I better try to enjoy it.  If I get angry at friends or family members, I try to resolve the problem by the end of the day.

Many of the LTS members could answer better how they feel now vs before HIV.  They've had to deal with all the different meds, illnesses, and loss of friends. 

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 02:02:47 am »
It's become better or you have improved/prospered in any way.. gone bad or no change just as it was before..?
just a short time ago, someone posed a similar situation:
          I keep wondering where my life is going to go from here.

here's my reply which I think applies to your similar question:
          To the same place it was always going - somewhere different and new!
          it's just not going anymore to the new and different place that you supposed it was going.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Mile

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 02:56:42 am »
I'd like to think that my life has improved.  Everyday, I try hard to look at life with a deeper meaning.  It's depressing that a shattering experience needs to occur in order for one to be a better person.  But if that's what it takes then maybe it's not so shattering at all.  I haven't found my purpose yet but I'll keep looking.  My family accepted my condition right away; with tears, yes.  But they try to help me in dealing.

It's not always sunshine.  Stigma is something that won't go away all of a sudden.  It's emotionally stressful.  But on the other side, there are lots of people who care and understand.  Having friends who care may not kill the virus but it does lift the spirit in great heights.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 03:12:37 am »
I've been poz my whole adult life so I don't know a life without HIV. Medically, I have no complaints. I am healthier now than when I was in my early 20's. But at the same time I'm not abusing my body and going through the stresses of early adulthood like I was just 10 years ago. The sigma is the worst part. People think differently about you when u tell them ur HIV+. That has gotten better since I became more vocal about my status.

Respectfully Etay, you are not healthier now that when you were in your 20s. If anything the opposite applies.

You might think you're healthier, but you are not.

MtD

Offline Etay1207

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 03:48:24 am »
I apologize Matty.  I'll reword it... I get sick less often than when I was in my early 20's. Is that better?
POZ since 1999

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 03:52:03 am »
I apologize Matty.  I'll reword it... I get sick less often than when I was in my early 20's. Is that better?

You don't have to apologise or reword anything, Etay.

Here's a thought, mayhap the reason you don't feel ill as often as you did when you were in your early twenties is because your immune system is no longer able to mount an inflammatory response.

MtD

Offline Etay1207

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 03:56:27 am »
Then I would certainly die. A simple cold virus would kill me in a matter of hours.
POZ since 1999

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 04:01:12 am »
Then I would certainly die. A simple cold virus would kill me in a matter of hours.

That would be unfortunate.

MtD

Offline tommy246

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 08:13:57 am »
My life has improved hiv has made me change dramatically. I dont take life for granted eat better drink loads less finished my weekend coke habit , joined a gym appreciate the small things in life , dont let insignificant things or people bother me anymore got my marraige back on track spend alot more quality time with my 9 year old daughter . i was diagnosed dec 2008 .
jan 06 neg
dec 08 pos cd4 505 ,16%, 1,500vl
april 09 cd4 635 ,16%,60,000
july 09 ,cd4 545,17%,80,000
aug 09,hosptal 18days pneumonia cd190,225,000,15%
1 week later cd4 415 20%
nov 09 cd4 591 ,vl 59,000,14%,started atripla
dec 09  cd4 787, vl 266, 16%
march 2010  cd4 720 vl non detectable -20  20%
june 2010  cd4  680, 21%, ND

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 09:49:19 am »

Gee Etay, this is what we've been trying to tell you for the last couple of months.  Yes! it is true, a cold virus could take you out, then you wouldn't be sick anymore. 

PLEASE for the rest of you, please take note that this man is NOT "healthy", simply because of his immune system numbers in his signature block.  Not being on medications and refusing to take them WILL TAKE YOU OUT SOONER THAN LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline john33

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 09:59:23 am »
PLEASE for the rest of you, please take note that this man is NOT "healthy", simply because of his immune system numbers in his signature block. Not being on medications and refusing to take them WILL TAKE YOU OUT SOONER THAN LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moffie, don't worry, although my numbers are very good at the moment, seeing how etay is dealing with denying reality has reinforced my determination to go with science and do what my ID tells me.

To be honest etays numbers scare me shitless (so to speak)

(edited for spelling)

John
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 10:04:14 am by john33 »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 10:07:50 am »
They scare all of us, John.  Lots.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 10:10:48 am »
But on the other side, there are lots of people who care and understand.  Having friends who care may not kill the virus but it does lift the spirit in great heights.
Hey Mile! Welcome to the Forums!
As always, I'm sad and sorry to see another new member here; but on the other hand, I'm glad and happy that you found us! ;D When you get a chance, start up a new thread of your own (in the "living with hiv" forum perhaps) and tell us some about yourself. ;)

And Hope4Love, I'm still hoping that you'll drop back around and kinda fill us in more on why you posed the initial topic. If we understood a bit better what thoughts or advice you're looking for, perhaps we could give you a better answer. I'm just not certain, never knowing the future ahead of us, how anyone can really tell you if their life is better, worse, or the same than what it "would have been".

AIDS took away a home, a car, a job and a partner from me; but the meds helped me to live long enought that life gave me back a house, a car, a job, and another partner. But then AIDS took away that home, car, job and partner. Now I've got another home and car; but I'm on disability not looking for a job and although I'm dating someone now, I'm sure not looking to replace a partner. Losing 2 was quite enough. So this far along, I think the HIV/AIDS experience has been about 50/50 ::)

HIV is just another life and habit changing disease out of thousands that people suffer with daily. Some people are affected more and some less. How has it affected your life so far?
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 11:13:32 am »
Having hiv certainly hasn't improved my physical health, but it has, ironically, improved my mental health. Well, actually, I  improved my mental health with a lot of hard work and soul-searching. But hiv was the catalyst for all that self-improvement.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline hope4love

• Every Problem has a Solution.
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 02:16:35 pm »
Thank you guys for putting your thoughts in what I wanted to know. Its now 2 months back that I came to know of my hiv status. From the day I am known positive my life has changed in lot many ways.It has become worst I have lost the confidence that I had, a sense of guilt, being impure, no enthusiam to work, lazy in work & routines things etc etc. If I had not known my status propbaly I would be very cheerful, avtive and happy person. I have been reading and learning a lot on HIV and peoples experieces which is giving me the confidence and strength to face the rest of my life. In a way I value life more than before, I appreciate all things and in more compassionate manner, and value more friendships and relationships which is a positive thing. I did saw people telling that they vaule more and appreciate time spending with their loved ones and I now have the same feelings. Hiv makes us take seriously even a slight change in your body, consult doctor take opinion etc which is good thing if otherwise we would have not done. Its just the same way we get servicing of our Cars/morotbikes every few months to acertain that we are doing fine which is all a very healthy habit if not being HIV we would have never done.
Guess being HIV makes one to work hard to make more money to care for ourselves and family and may be better time management etc.. well if any individual cannot accept the fact of having HIV obviously wont take care and him/her self and the life will be deteriorated. For some it has not made any difference it's just like any other disease  like Diabetes/BP etc except the stigma associated. Guess one should have a strong will power for the managemetn of HIV it's all in head and then actions to control it. The greatest challange will be not be anxious/depressed thinking of future which I am currently anxious of and more with stigma. HIV has limited my borders and choices . It's a challenge for me to learn from all of your experience to fight within and say after having HIV I fee being wonderful and did lot more things (Name, fame, money, love, family etc) which I did not in the past 34 years..I am working towards postive way of life with Hiv.
Jan 2009 - Sero Negative
Jan 2010 - Sero Positive
               CD4 - 275, VL - 18,000
Oct 2010 - CD4 - 241, Started - Vonavir; Oct 2011 - CD4 - 474;Jan 2012 - CD4-620; Aug 2012-CD4-600, VL- UD; Jan 2013 CD4-493, VL-72 IU/ml   (Blip)

Offline moratorium79

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 04:51:41 am »
It is so difficult to answer this objectively, mostly because this whole hiv thing is still pretty new to me.  So if you want to divide it up...okay, I have HIV...this is not a pro.  However, times and forward leaps in medicine have made it into a manageable, chronic disorder.  This is a pro!

The day I tested positive the only thing that I can say changed (besides knowing for sure instead of the elusive "what if") was that I wasn't punishing myself anymore mentally by not getting tested and had become ready to take responsibility for my irresponisble actions.  For the next few months, life continued in that fashion, though I was and probably still am far from truly accepting it.

The day I was told that meds started NOW was the day that everything changed for me, and to be honest I can hardly say whether it is good or bad as so many good and bad things have happened.  There's the stress of knowing you don't get to live long without a pill along with the pretty sudden and  exorbitant costs of seeing an Infectious Disease Doctor and all the meds thereafter.  I don't consider this a pro at first glance, but knowing that I would rather do all this and stay alive pretty much morphs it into one. 

When I think of what has changed, and so drastically, I can get both sad and empowered depending on my mindset.  Meds began and with them the side effects that rendered me rash covered and sick for a time.  The life I knew stopped, not necessarily a bad thing, and so much became dependant on me caring for myself when I previously had been so unable to do so (mentally and physically).  The people I've disclosed to now have a great strain on them due to my actions and that sometimes is hard to handle, though I know that they are there because they love me and because I've let them be.  Sometimes it is too much and I shut down.  Sometimes I am grateful that I had something like this to steer me in the right direction, such as taking better care of myself and heeding my body's warnings so to speak.  But truthfully there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I had never contracted it in the first place.

But I do know that what I have been through pales in comparison to the majority of posters on this board, and that heightens my gratitude and gives me the strength to persevere.  That said, limbo seems to overtake me more often than it ever used to.

I think you, hope4love, need to give yourself a lot more time.  Having hiv doesn't make one impure and doesn't on its own inspire shame.  That's society's take on it, even with our ever broadening education regarding the disease.  There will always be stigma, whether we produce it ourselves or not.  The longer you live with this, the more accepting you'll become.  The more accepting you become, the less horrifying everything will appear.  But still, if you're feeling it, let yourself be afraid...just don't let yourself be ruled by fear.  Feeling fear is just a moment, just like feeling happiness or sorrow or elation or whatever you may be feeling.  Fighting it does no good, but breathing it in is destructive as well.

That's where I'm trying to go with it, at any rate.
*these are not times for the weak of heart*

Offline boomer

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 09:46:41 am »
If only it were so easy!

All things being relative, we the collective survivors, have been blessed.

Boomer

Offline stpetecoyote

• me
    • QueerCoyote.com
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 04:06:42 pm »
 :)
My life I would say has improved....on a personal level.  HIV was a catalyst that forced me to get out there and get involved with my community.   And while mentally I dealt with many things and consider myself stronger for it,  there are many mental  issues/stresses that I would quite frankly prefer not to have test me, future potential for improvement or NOT!  lol   

On a health level...not so much has changed,  I might get sick a little more often but the severity has not increased.   
When we killed what we were to become what we are, what did we do with the bodies? We did what most people do; buried them under the floorboards and got used to the smell - Jeannette Winterson

02/05/07 CD4 264  24.0% VL ??.?
03/05/07 CD4 ???   ??.?%  VL 825  
03/22/07 CD4 355  27%    VL 1232
04/24/07 CD4 490  28%    VL 3785
07/26/07 CD4 368  23%    VL 8900
08/31/07 CD4 454  23%    VL 2200
10/29/07 CD4 474  24%    Vl  18800
Started Atripla...been VL Undetectable and CD4 around 400 Ever Since

Offline blackbeauty40

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 08:44:28 pm »
Well, as far as my situation goes, physically, I've had to make a change because I just started taking meds, even though I was diagnosed positive in 92, aside from that my physical life is unchanged. My emotional life is an entirely different story. I have lost family and friends since I told people that I was positive. No one wants to be around me for fear of "catching" something. So now, I'm alone and depressed, so the answer for my emotional life is: much, much worse.

Offline alliance

• hmmmm. . .
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 09:39:47 pm »
Perhaps peoples' answers change  more to the positive side with time. 4 months after diagnosis, I feel like this has been nothing but a pain in the ass for me. Yep. It's a distraction and a drain of resources. I AM thankful, however for the people who have helped me: friends - forum members, nurses and doctors. Normally I am pretty optimistic, and maybe I will be able to look at this in a more positive light down the road.
"The influence of each human being on others in this life is a kind of immortality."
10/10/12   CD4=378  %=32   VL=UD
5/10/12     CD4=426  %=32  VL=UD
11/15/11   CD4=296  %=29  VL=UD(20)
6/15/11     CD4=345  %=29  VL=UD(38)
3/15/11     CD4=317  %=31  VL=UD
12/1/10     CD4=315  %=28  VL=UD
8/11/10     CD4=250  %=25  VL=UD
6/10/10     CD4=380  %=24  VL=UD
3/4/10       CD4=340  %=22   VL=UD
1/11/10     CD4=312  %=22   VL =130
11/30/09   CD4=228  %=19  VL=1726
11/20/09    started atripla
10/15/09   CD4=281  %=18   VL=85,000

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 09:48:14 pm »
Well, I'm about a year and a half into this thing called HIV --- I won't say that it hasn't changed my life - there are the nuances of the disease - GI problems, the increased bowel movements, the wondering if a pain or cramp, bump, or feeling out of sorts is something connected with the virus or if it just part of being human.  On a day to day basis, I of course think about being positive - but I still go to work; pay bills; spend time with friends and family; see movies (The Crazies last night) and live a pretty normal life -- less the daily pill and quarterly visits to my ID doc.  All and all I have tried to make it just another experience in this thing called life.
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Okealyshire

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 02:07:35 am »
Other than the interruption in my train of thought when I got the phone call, living with the bug hasn't really affected me negatively.

It has, however, awakened an interest I'm not sure I would have discovered otherwise. I have become a voracious devourer of knowledge regarding biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, and genetics. It's all utterly fascinating and has really helped me realize the sheer beauty of life and the mechanisms that keep it going.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.