Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:55:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 378
Total: 378

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The Twink(ies) Strike...  (Read 16011 times)

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
Re: The Twink(ies) Strike...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:54:42 am »
Apparently this has been going on for a long time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 08:58:18 am »
Willy is going to be upset when he reads this , even when he figures out its about snack cakes .     
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 04:28:39 pm »
I thought this was going to be about Andy Cohen apologizing for calling the band, One Direction twinks. 

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 06:31:03 pm »
Willy is going to be upset when he reads this , even when he figures out its about snack cakes .   

HA! funny.  ::)

btw, I'm making blueberry muffins tonight  :P
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 06:38:38 pm »
And because Rpatz is opening today -- what happens when you combine Beibertwinkies with vampires on Guilhermina's diet?

"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jody

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 06:41:13 pm »
The American worker has been under tremendous pressure to compete with workers in nations where the gross national product and the standard of living pales in comparison to what we have largely grown accustomed to.  This was a huge product back in the 50's and 60's and most folks had Hostess products in their homes.  I don't buy them anymore but I feel sad for the men and women who will lose a job with union protection and collective bargaining options and if they are lucky find a job paying barely above minimum wage for their efforts in this industry.  The Hostess workers are in my thoughts. 

Jody :( >:(
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 06:59:40 pm »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 07:28:25 pm »
I wanna motorboat those tits

Sometimes I wonder about you.  That must be a Texan thing  ;)
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 07:35:54 pm »
I wanna motorboat those tits

I am touch typing because I have been blinded (momentarily, I hope) by the Blubber Beibert.

:o 8)
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 08:33:35 pm »
This guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqM7AFL4ixA will not be pleased
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 07:35:24 am »
The American worker has been under tremendous pressure to compete with workers in nations where the gross national product and the standard of living pales in comparison to what we have largely grown accustomed to.  This was a huge product back in the 50's and 60's and most folks had Hostess products in their homes.  I don't buy them anymore but I feel sad for the men and women who will lose a job with union protection and collective bargaining options and if they are lucky find a job paying barely above minimum wage for their efforts in this industry.  The Hostess workers are in my thoughts. 

You said it very well.  What a mess.

(Reminds me of when Walmart drew a price line in the sand and forced Etch a Sketch company to move production to China.  That little tidbit should have come back in this election cycle.   Course etch a sketch is a cool toy, and twinkies are crap food, but they are culturally important, at least. )
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 11:05:29 am »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 11:27:33 am »
NOOOOOO!  DAMN YOU, GOD! 

Ok, I've gotten myself together, within a paragraph change.  When it comes to cupcakes, Hostess makes a really dry one.  Actually, Walmart sells this off brand that is so good and moist.  I forget the name, but they have them in boxes of 12.  They are in the bakery section, but they aren't freshly made like you'd think, so I don't know why they put them there.  They must put tons more trans fat in them or something.  200 calories per cake, though.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 11:53:45 am »
Wal-Mart cupcakes?  Really? 

I don't even do Hostess.  I somehow manage to find plenty of ways to fatten my ass up anymore without even trying.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 12:08:42 pm »
I go to real bakeries.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 07:56:54 pm »
I cannot lie, I am going to miss the Ding Dongs terribly. :'(  So chocolately, so creamy. I love to squeeze it until the white filling shoots out:
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Jody

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 08:47:23 pm »
It's good to know Will that you've had two distinctly different relationships with squeezing the white cream out of Ding-Dong's in your life young man!. ;)

Jody :D
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 06:48:24 am »
I cannot lie, I am going to miss the Ding Dongs terribly. :'(  So chocolately, so creamy. I love to squeeze it until the white filling shoots out:

Well maybe its time to try all those revoltingly strange dishes (like steak tartare?  8) ).

Another option would be to buy up all the Hostess you can find right now on local supermarket shelves. Urban legend says it never spoils.

Oh look, here's some NYT tender snark about it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/us/back-when-a-ring-ding-tasted-guiltily-like-america.html?hp
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:06:57 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 07:12:04 am »
This was a huge product back in the 50's and 60's and most folks had Hostess products in their homes.  I don't buy them anymore but I feel sad for the men and women who will lose a job with union protection and collective bargaining options and if they are lucky find a job paying barely above minimum wage for their efforts in this industry.  The Hostess workers are in my thoughts. 

Their in my thoughst too Jody.  WE have the Merita bread in Orlando, which is owned by hostess. They also have shut down.  My company froze wages for nearly 4 years. I didn't get a raise until January of this year. The union should have rethought this out.

For over 30 years , anytime Ed and I would drive over to Orlando, we could smell the bread baking at the Merita Bakery, on interstate 4,..  No more ...

I stopped purchasing there products quite some time ago..

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Orlando-Merita-Bakery-plant-closes-in-Hostess-strike/-/1637132/17445170/-/9kng42z/-/index.html
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:13:51 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 09:11:40 am »

Offline The_Countess

• HIV Royalty
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 01:02:54 am »
I bet willeewomp is one of those peeples who have paide hundreds of $$ for a twinkie on ebay today
The Countess.  Enjoying my HIV since 1992.  Cocktails added in 1998.

Offline Lugzsoo

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012, 02:03:15 am »
Yes where I live they are still out in front on on the sidewalk saying damn did we just fuck are selfs lol. The same town I'm from luckily you can get a job at that place be around a long time I hope little Debbie's pick it up lol.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 02:30:45 am »
Fortunately I know where to find artisanal red velvet twinkies and ho hos

Offline Growler

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 03:26:34 am »
Stop winging and go to the kitchen and make me some sandwiches twinkles bitches
http://tinyurl.com/2ex64rf

GROWLER
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline OneTampa

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 02:24:56 pm »

:'( :'( :'( ::) ::)  :D :D

Offline Denver Toad

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 05:27:30 pm »
JRE - I understand your feelings, but the truth of the matter is company management, private equity firms, and corporate ineptitude ruined the company. Quote from Daily Kos,

What was this last/best/final offer? You'd never know by watching the main stream media tell the story. So here you go...
1) 8% hourly pay cut in year 1 with additional cuts totaling 27% over 5 years. Currently, I make $16.12 an hour at TOP rate of pay in the bakery. I would drop to $11.26 in 5 years.
2) They get to keep our $3+ an hour forever.
3) Doubling of weekly insurance premium.
4) Lowering of overall quality of insurance plan.
5) TOTAL withdrawal from ALL pensions. If you don't have it now then you never will.

Remember how I said I made $48,000 in 2005 and $34,000 last year? I would make $25,000 in 5 years if I took their offer.
It will be hard to replace the job I had, but it will be easy to replace the job they were trying to give me.
That $3+ per hour they steal totaled $50 million last year that they never paid us. They sold $2.5 BILLION in product last year. If they can't make this profitable without stealing my money then good riddance.

I keep hearing how this strike forced them to liquidate. How we should just take it and be glad to have a job. What an unpatriotic view point. The reason these jobs provided me with a middle class opportunity is because people like my father in law and his father fought for my Union rights. I received that pay and those benefits because previous Union members fought for them. I won't sell them, or my coworkers, out.

We may have forced the companies hand but they were going to smack us with it anyway.

From Forbes, not exactly a bastion of union support.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2012/11/18/hostess-twinkie-defense-is-a-management-failure/

Where's the bottom? These folks have commitments, mortgages, bills, etc. They've built a life on a marginally middle class salary. How the hell are they supposed to keep their heads above water? Save for retirement or future? I admit this is a very touchy subject for me. I've been in manufacturing or machining my entire life. I chose the career I did after seeing the type of living my father and grandfather were able to make. In the last twenty years I've been laid off twice due to jobs shipped overseas. China and Mexico. Dam straight it's cheaper over there, how can I ever hope to compete with a buck fifty an hour. I've watched wages steadily fall while employers expectations rise. Workers are too often viewed as little more than human capital. An asset to be manipulated in the most profitable way possible.

Too often it's profits before principals.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:38:19 pm by Denver Toad »
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 06:17:25 pm »
Mexico Bimbo to make bid to save Twinkies!

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2012/11/18/twinkies-news-a-buyer-grupo-bimbo-i-am-not-kidding-read-this/

For you yanks, Bimbo makes these yummy Montecadas among other goodies..

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 06:24:08 pm »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 06:31:00 pm »
Not dead yet: Hostess and Bakers Union Agree to Mediation

this will be LMAO for all the people who jsut spent $100 on Twinkies on Ebay,
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 07:37:26 pm »

And you know you were one of them.  Don't play.

Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 10:10:13 pm »
And you know you were one of them.  Don't play.

And homegirl paid overnight shipping.  Guillermina's guilty pleasures: skanky twinks and nasty twinkies.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2012, 10:46:58 pm »

Is that any different from having a DC twink steal your wallet and charging lots of goodies on your credit cards? I THINK NOT WUMPELLA.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 11:13:14 pm »
Is that any different from having a DC twink steal your wallet and charging lots of goodies on your credit cards? I THINK NOT WUMPELLA.

now they stole my wallet. EVERYTIME  you tell this story it gets a little worse  ::)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 11:15:33 pm »
now they stole my wallet. EVERYTIME  you tell this story it gets a little worse  ::)

Isn't that what happened?  I thought some twink had stolen your wallet, and then used your debit card and ran up an astronomic bar tab --and then went shopping at Game Stop or something like that.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 11:18:18 pm »
Isn't that what happened?  I thought some twink had stolen your wallet, ran up an astronomic bar tab, and then went shopping at Game Stop or something like that.

No, I actually ran up the bar tab.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 11:20:06 pm »

Uh huh.  And you took the twink shopping at Game Stop the morning after?  Chile, please.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 11:28:05 pm »
I'm sure I have his freaked out text messages saved in google-voice.

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 11:30:54 pm »

Wait.  I heard that you were buying rounds for the whole bar because you were showing off that you had scooped the hot boy everyone wanted in the entire joint that night.  Now you're trying to tell us you were drinking solitaire.  Which is it???

Past regimens

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2012, 11:31:20 pm »

Your data base has swelled since they passed the patriot act . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2012, 11:32:37 pm »

I was drunk. they dont count if Im drunk
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.