Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:57:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 442
Total: 444

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: infected tit..... Yuck!!  (Read 9736 times)

Offline ryeguy

infected tit..... Yuck!!
« on: July 22, 2006, 09:47:15 am »
Not to make you all feel ill or anything, just wanted to ask if any of you have had this happen to you. About two nights ago I somehow in my sleep ran my ring over a nipple and it fucking hurt so bad I woke-up. Now I'm not sure if it had already been infected and that's why it hurt so bad or if I maybe cut myself on the nipple in my sleep.

The next morning it was sensitive but not swollen. At about 16:00 when I got off from work, it really hurt and felt like someone was pinching me on the nipple. I went to our locker-room in the hotel and took my shower then changed out of my suit into my street clothes and noticed in the mirror my entire left nipple was swollen and the entire tip WHITE like a pimple head....... I know you are thinking ewwww YUCK!! gag me with y spoon!! It gets better, Then I popped it and so muchhhhhh puss came out then blood I just don't think this is normal. Of course at home I sanitized it and nurse it 2 a day with a clean bandage. The swelling has gone down and no more puss. I just hope this never happens again.

Has this ever happened to any of you?? This is not a sign of cancer is it?? My mother died 6 years ago of breast cancer so this kind of freaks me out!!

Although this topic is yeah really yucky I would be happy to get a respose is you have any info for me.

Kisses,
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:58:09 pm by JimDublin »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: infected tit..... Yuck!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 09:58:51 am »
Ryan,

That does indeed sound very odd and if I were you I'd get it checked out. It sounds to me as though something was already going on with it before you snagged it with your ring - ordinarily something like that should not have hurt so much that it woke you up.

It could be an ordinary pimple - are you prone to them anyway? I'd get it checked out. Better safe than sorry.

Hope it turns out to be nothing...

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 01:06:54 pm »
Thankyou Ann,

I just did a google about breast cancer and am not to happy about what I found out about nipple discharge.

Thanxx for your response. I will be going to the doctor on Monday.

Offline Gilles

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 02:45:47 pm »
Hey Ryan...I would get checked just in case...but its unlikely that it is anything serious and I doubt its cancer either....but get checked to rest your mind...+call me ignorant but breast cancer is extremely rare in man isnt it....?!

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 03:15:35 pm »
Yes it is very rare, you see maybe I am a bit paranoid but my mother died of breast cancer and it is hereditary. When I go ogled breast cancer this is found to be a common symptom among the few men who do get breast cancer. A pussy discharge from one nipple. I also forgot about this but I remember about 5 months ago for no apparent reason my nipples got scaly and were open. It went away so I didn't stress. And before anyone asks, no I don't play any kinky sex games where someone plays with my nipples.

It is most likely really nothing, but I'm going to the doc on Monday just to be on the safe side. If it is something then I will deal with it then. Have a nice weekend.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 04:09:37 pm »
Hey Ryan,

It sounds like some sort of discharge like a zit builds up from the poision in the body and it decided to use your nipple as a release point. Sounds crazy but it is true. But get it checked out with your doctor and keep us posted on the diagnosis.

Meanwhile for the weekend...Hydrogen Peroxide rinse it well then dress it if it is still bleeding.

Take care of yourself.

Offline water duck

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 05:41:37 pm »
Ryan,

When i first read this thread, i did not believe that this is possible (will come back )
then i took your advice, i google ; but to breast cancer , i added  ' in male ' .
I AM IN SHOCK !! professionally, i would said that in a woman, there is the breast which is a gland that produces milk where a tumour can grew; i do have problem accepting this, but i don't regret reading this , this is really an eye opener. Now i do have a question for you, did you do piercing on your tits ??
Thank you for posting this, i am really learning something very important today !!
Please please keep us inform, i shall be praying for you, hoping the best for you .

Siang

PS : please do not worry , and stress yourself OK, and don't speculate, go for the check-up and we shall see, hoping that this will not prevent you from having a nice weekend.

Offline timothyinmaui

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 11:11:10 pm »
sounds to me like a staph infection i once had in that area... actually, mine was very close to, but not exactly on the nipple.  this info is not to scare you, but the first 2 staph infections i had (arm and calf) i was hospitalized for a week each to administer vancomycin via IV...  i suppose that it could have been done by a visiting nurse; but i live in a rather archaic medical community. (frankly, i wouldn't have been surprised had he prescribed leeches!!!)  the areas affected sound essentially similar to your experience of popping and tremendous amounts of puss following-

the next 3 or 4 staph infections (thigh and chest/back) i refused (nicely) hospitalization; as i had learned about the drug zyvox, which cleared them up very quickly.  my doctor also required that i soak in a hot bath (submerging the affected area) and "re-pop" the area 3 times daily.  i was otherwise to restrict all activity and elevate the infection sites, as practical.  zyvox is very, very strong and hard on the liver, if i remember correctly.

nowadays, i can feel these type of infections approaching, so i keep a bunch of cipro on hand to combat them before they require the abovementioned courses of action.  i also keep mupiricin ointment handy to line the inside of my nostrils (where i feel it first- and i guess where staph starts, if not from another person), keep my fingernails clipped incredibly short and scrub them many times daily with phisohex or betadine (how staph gets other places) and only scratch any place that itches with tissue. 

hope i'm not too off-base with my contribution-

timothy

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 11:11:47 am »
Well doc looked at it, not staph. It has healed up a bit. The bad thing is doc found a lump in my nipple which caused the infection. I never noticed the little lump but the puss which is gone now got my attention. After it is a little bit more Healed 2 or 3 days It will be removed. Just hope it is not the big C word. Anyways, One step at a time. The doc did cheer me up with some good statistics. Fuck it, if I can live with hiv, I can live with anything. I was needing some time off from work anyways.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 11:33:55 am »
Ryan,

Glad you went to the Dr and got it checked out. I'm sure its probally just the little c word ...cyst. But its good they are gonna remove it and check it out.

Keep us posted!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline vardneck

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 03:31:31 pm »
Ryan,
     I too have notice my nipple is larger, but instead of basically lancing it I've held off. It seems to be a fatty deposit because it changes everyday. I'm a small framed person, 6"1, 150# and it actually gives my chest a shape.  ;D
      I've recentally had both a CT Scan and a MRI but they showed nothing on my nipple, but did show a fatty deposit on my liver which was deemed to be nothing. Seeing as how AIDS Meds can cause fat build-up in odd places I've come to hope that's it's just that. At least that what my ID doc and Oncologist says.
      Let me know what you find!!!

Fuzzy

Sustiva/Truvada
CD4 398
VL Nondetectable
HIV+  5/21/05
Poz 5/25/05
Sustiva/ Truvada
10/5/05 CD4 182 VL<400
1/3/06 CD4 240 VL<400
4/5/06 CD4 291 VL<400
6/26/06 CD4 369 VL<400
9/20/06 CD4 366 VL 418
Started Atripla 12/9/06
12/27/06 CD4 372 VL<400
5/23/07 CD4 468 VL<400
8/17/07 CD4 520 VL<400
11/12/07 CD4 513 VL<48
2/2/08  CD4 566 VL<48
5/17/08 CD4 601 VL<48
8/22/08 CD4 532 VL<48
11/14/08 CD4 496 VL<48
2/14/09 CD4 397 VL<48
5/22/09 CD4 566 VL<48

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.