Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Stribild

<< < (7/7)

BT65:
I've taken Stribild for about a year and have not gained weight from it.  One of my friends told me he takes his at night and at times vomits in the morning, but he also drinks quite a bit, so it's hard to tell if the vomiting is from the Stribild or the drinking.

One of the things I try to remember about these meds is that there really are no long-term studies to substantiate what causes what, since they push them out so fast.  So, if someone experiences what could be called a side effect, it's probably difficult to say if it is or is not the med. 

I would definitely keep track of everything, and be fair in your reasoning, i.e., if you gain weight, is it due to the Stribild, or your diet?  In other words, take all factors into consideration.  I'm not one to read about all the possible side effects of a drug, since a lot of people who obsessively read about possible side effects, develop them, even if they're not there.  But, if there is something new that happens after taking a med, and you've crossed out all other possible causes, I would write it down and discuss with the doctor.

Dan0:
And I lost ten pounds since starting on Stribild. It was within the first three weeks and my weight has maintained since at the same level since. No change in diet/exercise regimen or anything else.  Only change was from Atripla to Stribild. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version