Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 06:49:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 167
Total: 169

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 800% cancer incrs on HAART, 200% heart attack increase post your exp.  (Read 17723 times)

Offline Mike89406

I had no idea my post would cause controversy.  I am less than 10 months from being diagnosised.  So i am not really looking to go on the emotional journey of having hiv and dying from hiv, i am looking to fight for a solution... and i am looking for us all to fight together... that march sounds good...

What my point is ... is that from all the studies that i have read... it boils down to this.. i am not trying to alarm anyone.
but i would like people who are poz to ... keep marching and not get complacient and at least try to fight for more rights and research funding... and not just take haart and wish for best...

yes...

if we do not take haart we will die eventually    take haart and do not miss a dose...

if you go on and off haart you have a double chance of serious diseases and death than if you just stay on haart

if you are on haart there is a double chance of some cancers, a 4 fold increase in others, and 8 or 9 times (800%) increase in still others...   eat right and make best to not let cancer the upper hand

especially if you smoke or drink or use poppers...  try best to moderate reduce

I went to a film festival with some friends one guy in car works at largest hiv clinic in city with 4000 plus people... i said...
what is the truth... he sees every one that comes in   ... and the ones that get worse

he said that mostly the people who are dying now are the ones using alcolhol to excess, using drugs and meth and smoking, that was his opinion from seeing people since 1996 when haart came out...  ( and some who are warriors who have been struggling since very early days)

in a separate issue and i want to bring it back to this... i am not satisfied with haart as the only option and I have never yet been on haart....

i have a desire to find something better... gene therapy, vaccines, CD8 treatments

IN 1985 I read that Dr. bruce walker discovered that the CD8 cells become inactive in HIV infection.  I knew enough to know that this was extremely bad ... and a key to the disease

well i would say that i had a vision or some kind of epithany.  I was walking down the street in SF after reading the article...

I thought to myself this is the key to solving this disease... getting the CD8 cells to work again... this was 1985

all i am saying is i had a thought and idea, obviously many scientists thought the same thing and it took 22 years to discover WHY 

see this post  dr bruce walker discovered why in

august of 2006    http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=7475.0

then one month ago
Feb 2007
the chinese discovered that all LTNP have a version of CD8 that does not get damaged by HIV
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=10786.0

which was my hypothosis in September of 2006 when i spent 500 hours reading about CD8 and PD-1 and found an obscure disease called DILS  and the fact that LTNP sometimes get DILS and it means their CD8 cells are working so well fighting the hiv that DILS is result

(in the sept. 2006 to now time frame I put a bit of work into trying to start a biotech company to address CD8, but the biotech sector for investors is in a slump because hundreds of billions was invested in last 15 years and not enough huge successes, well it is a cycle and it is not a good time to try to start bio tech) and i have my hands full with disease...

i guess i just feel more research needs to go into this area...

and that more attention needs to be paid to the bad side of haart

and that greed has distroyed the ability of this country to solve problems quickly accept go to war

and that all of us who are on haart or going to be on haart must not stop fighting for more money for research and

for more money for the homeless aids on the street

and more help for

it just seems like everyone on haart needs to keep fighting marching

i was marching in 1981, 82,  83,  84,  85,  86,  87,  88,  89,  etc

we need to live with hiv and haart but fight for more money for research

pick up the phone

do what larry kramer said in his speech and force these govts and drug companies to fund CD8 research with 1/10th of iraq war budget

we must fight to stop immigration from anti-gay countries and cultures

these people vote and they influence elections and get more republicans elected.

haart is not good enough

it has too many side effects

this disease would have been solved by now if it was not for the greed of the republicans and the power of the religious right in politics

the solution is science

science needs money

we are living with hiv we vote

TV controls the vote, controls politics, money controls the tv ads,

etc...

Im sorry but you or some people will probably disagree with me however while there are increased risks of medical conditions being HIV+ . I will also concede that depending on you;re lifesyle, how you take care of yourself, stress, recreational drug use, drinking alcohol, risky sex behavior, sleep, diet, execrise frequency,  and such and other factors I may have not mentioned have a influence on these numbers.

What does that mean to you? Well while these may be peer reviewed articles etc.. Statistics are only as accurate as the sample size population that is studied. So these may be mostly people that are living unlhealthy or not in the besthealth a good number of these may persons HIV+ for a long time and have had opportunist infections.

In summary while its important to recognize that every HIV+ person must take the best care of they're health possible and wihin they're means, we POZ people yes are in risk of other conditions. But to beleive these numbers literally as we all may be victim of cancers, and we will all suufer from these in our lives is in fact being naive. Before you answer remember I in fact recognize that some of us and myself have suffered setbacks and other nasty viruses before., some of us suffer chronic illnesses, diabetes etc... This has nothing to do with the obvious. Just remember you're in fact in charge of you'e own life and its up to you to take this bull of a virus by the horns and dont let it make a statistic out of you, but in fact make a statistic out of the virus.

Just my 2 cents....

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.