Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:33:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: woooo hoooooooo  (Read 12754 times)

Offline hlrson

woooo hoooooooo
« on: March 26, 2008, 04:33:39 am »
hi everybody im married and living in russia , i married 1 year ago and my wife is pregrant for 6 months, i dont know how in other countries but here we are going to doc about checking pregrancy to a pregrncy clinic, my wife has a pregrancy note book filling by doc , there when i look into lab resultsthere is also such table

rw1 negative(negative is hand writing)/
rw2                                                /
rw3                                                /
                                                     /
hiv ___________________________/
is anyone knows what is rw1 ? it means a negative hiv blood test??
other everything is understandable and very much clean thanks to god
pls someone tell me what is it i look to internet search engines i couldnt find anything                                             

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: help to understand pls
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 04:54:52 am »
h,

Never heard of it.

Why don't you ask your wife to ask her doctor? Does she know you're worried about this?

This is an hiv website and that doesn't look like any hiv test I've ever heard of. They're pretty much standard tests the world over.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline hlrson

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 05:13:09 am »
thanks ann when i ask to doc about hiv she said there is no hiv but im not sure they made a hiv test or not, i only think maybe this rw1 rw2 rw3 is blood samples , i also never heard of it , tilll this time i never worried about it , before marriage i had some relations but allways used condoms , in my life never had any std even gonore, but when thinking about hiv my wife my child its impossible not to have fear, after marriage i never had another woman, i hope everything ll be ok , i want to be a good father, also 7 months ago i lied in hospital for 10 days cos of kidney stone and with endoscopy its taken out, is it true that when u lie in hospital doc s making u hiv test also , i want to be sure that im negative

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 05:55:04 am »
h

I'm not a 100% sure (so please don't quote me on this) but I think the test you are refering to may have something to do with the Wasserman test..this is a diagnostic test and includes Hep B, Rubella and syphilis..all women have these tests during pregnancy.

If you have never had unprotected sex and have been faithful to your wife then you, your wife and baby have nothing to worry about...and I'm sure you will be a good father.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 07:53:20 am »
I agree with Jan. Given what you have reported of your history sexually, I don't see any cause for concern. Still, for your peace of mind it would be good to know what that test was about. See if you can get some clarification. I don't see yours as an HIV situation. Your natural anxiety is understandable. As long as you always had protected sex and never shared needles as an IV drug user, then you needn't worry about HIV.

Let us know if you get clarification about that test. We'd like to learn something too. Meanwhile get on with your life and enjoying your family.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline hlrson

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 08:50:03 am »
thanks everybody u very helpfull ill try to stop thinking about this but i think till ill not see a healthy child ill have this in my mind thx

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 10:11:15 am »
well, that's sort of preparation for the many things we parents worry about until and even after our children are grown. In this case as often happens I think you're worrying needlessly, but to some extent that's  how we're wired.

Keep us posted if you find out an answer to your question.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline hlrson

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 12:59:16 am »
hi everybody after making a lot of search in the internet im again scared ,im scared now about past of my wife, we r together for 3 years and married for 1 year, after a while when we just met she had a mild shingles on her back which went in 1 week , at that time i was not aware that it could be a sign of hiv , what shingles do with hiv ?? i never saw she is ill again, also in the first time of pregnancy she had a wbc 4.6, which is low for ptegnant woman it must be min 6.6, im again scared very much scared how i want to know that everything is ok pls help

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 01:12:36 am »
Shingles has nothing to do with HIV. People that are HIV negative get shingles.  You have already been given the advise to work with your doctor. There is nothing more to add than what you have been told.

Offline hlrson

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 01:35:21 am »
in 30 min ill call my doc who made me operation and ask if he made a hiv test on me or not , ill write here

Offline hlrson

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 04:35:06 am »
i just call to my doc he told me that at the time he made me operation 7 mo ago he made test before operation andi was negative he told that its good that worrying and asking, my question is IT is possible that my wife has this and i didnt catch it for 3 years from her??? im circumsized , i heards circumsized people doesnt get hiv easily?? im worriying about my wife and son, pls tell me everything is ok

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 05:20:10 am »
hirson,

If you have doubts about your wife's hiv status, you'll have to discuss that with her. You cannot tell one person's hiv status going by another person's test result. Yes, your wife could be hiv positive even though you are hiv negative. However, don't bring her symptoms or shingles or whatever to us, the ONLY way to know a person's hiv status is through hiv antibody testing.

You need to stop talking to us and start talking to your wife.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline hlrson

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 07:35:25 am »
ann how i can give stress to a 6 mo pregnant woman?? i know what stress i have , i cant give it to her also, stress is dangerous for preg woman

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 08:23:27 am »
hrlrson,

She's going to be a lot more stressed if she gives birth to an hiv positive baby when she could have taken meds to prevent it, if she only knew her hiv status before hand.

ANY pregnant woman should be given an hiv test. Your wife is no different.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 08:31:50 am »
...Her doctor should suggest it to her as a matter of course. If she's anxious about it tell her you can both get tested together just to make certain that you're both HIV negative, emphasizing it's just a precaution.

Nothing you have reported leads me to expect other than negative test results. Stop the drama and get with it.
Andy Velez

Offline hlrson

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 04:06:18 am »
i quarreled with my wife , she blamed me to suspect on her,we nearly can divorse, its 7 mo allready of pregnancy i went to her doc ask about her blood tests she told they r taking tests 2 times beginnig of pregnancy and in the end she told first time they took tests everything is ok only there was small amount of toxoplsma about other diseases she is free, on monday the second course of tests will be making including hiv test,
my question is what is the accuarcy of hiv test if she tested negative before? i made a huge mistake to blame my wife? u know what im so happy that test was negative before, but im still nerveous that maybe it was false negative and monday there ll be another test, i cant explain why she develop shinles 3 years ago why her wbc was 4.6 in the first mo of pregnancy? why i get prostatitis without cheating my wife and also i have a negative hiv result 8 mo ago

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 06:48:32 am »
h,

If your wife had a negative result at the beginning of her pregnancy, what's the problem? You're both hiv negative according to your test results.

You don't have to have hiv to get shingles. It's a very common ailment. You also don't have to have hiv to have prostate problems - even virgins can have prostate problems.

If you can't stop worrying needlessly about hiv, then perhaps it's time you discussed this with a mental health professional. We can't help you with your unwarranted fears here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hlrson

woooo hoooooooo
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 11:45:07 pm »
i just want to inform you that me and my wife hiv free, i want to tell every worried well here that symptoms r nothing u must get tested, thanks all for support

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: woooo hoooooooo
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 04:16:57 am »
Congratulations.

Nevertheless you should restrict your celebrations to your own thread. Please do not start new threads.

It's all explained in our Welcome Thread.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 08:35:04 am »
h,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hlrson

sharing my long strory
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 03:28:24 am »
i want to share my long story with people here maybe ll help some people
my problem started when i was 18 im now 29, when first time i made sex with a female istarted shortly after to have allergies like rushes on my body, and that day i watch the oscar aids film by tom hanks, i was so afraid and my life fall down i began to have tonsillitis every 3 months which was ending for 1 week each with high fever i lost nearly 20 kg in 2 years , i was so afraid that i never beliaved my negative test results, after for 8 months i went to army(everyone must go in my country)i was feeling so much tired without power and was seeing every symptoms of hiv in me,maybe only when i turn to 23 i began to leave normal, i began to sleep with alot of women( all protected) maybe more than 200 till my age now , when i became 25 i opened my own company life was smiling to me i began to earn good money with a army of workers around 50, i took my dream car bmw 7 30 after x5 , luxurious life with everythihg i want , ofcourse i was working like horse, then i meet my wife, everything became serious, just before our marriage i had stone in my kidneys which has to be removen i lay in the hospital and took every blood test before operation i was hiv negative , how it was perfect soon after i went out from hospital i married with my love , and she became pregnant , when her blood work came i saw that she has leukosites 4.6 it was low for pregnant woman, my fears was came back again after a little research i found out that shingles which my my wife had 3 years ago was also a symptom of hiv, how i was feeling awful, was thinking its ur punishment u r hiv free but ur wife has.... awful feeling . now i know that my wife also negative after 2 negative hiv test results in her pregnancy, how im happy symptoms r nothing i learned this , i learned this in a hard way with a lotof stress, in 1.5 mo ill have a son, after i married with my wife i never cheated on her and never ll cheat, the most beautiful thing in the life is to have a happy healty family, also im writing everyone here dont put urself in risk for a 10 min sex, life is long enough to be happy but short to live with worry, also i want to say that i respect everyone who is livin with hiv i hope one day there ll be a cure , and for today i wish that no discrimion to people , i dont think that anyone getting hiv and wanted it, thanks to everyone who made this site and helping people, i offering everyone to get circumsized, i am and i can feel that its extra protection for me, thank u from my heart again especially andy i was reading and watching him here for almost 10 years , stay healty stay happy,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 03:39:39 am »
hl,

I deleted the comments you left in three threads today. If you've read the posting guidelines in the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have read the following:

Only those Moderators and members who are authorized to answer questions in the Am I Infected? forum are permitted do so. Unauthorized responses may be deleted without permission of the poster. Repeatedly posting replies of this nature may result in a Time Out or permanent ban, at the discretion of the Moderator Team.

Please consider yourself warned. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hlrson

pls answer simple question
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 01:35:28 am »
hi everyone , if i slept around 200 women and all protected but including fisting fingering with cuts from cat, if i have wife negative and a negativ e son just came to world , i can be positive???
main question: its possible to have negative baby if u r positive without infecting ur wife????? last days im feeling so much fatiqued without any reason im sleeping 13 hours and still tired,my legs are aching like hell, i dont feel ill but very much tired and aching legs

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: pls answer simple question
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 02:23:48 am »
Please keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find you original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Alternatively you can click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page.

Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 09:41:25 am »
As long you haven't had unprotected intercourse it doesn't matter how many partners you have had. Nothing you are reporting suggests to me that HIV is an issue for you. If you have symptoms that trouble you, discuss them with your doctor.

I've merged your threads here. Please follow our rule and keep all of your comments in this same thread.
Andy Velez

Offline hlrson

how i made this??
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 04:32:47 am »
for the first time after my marriage i cheat on my wife ,i dont know where was my mind , i made protected vaginal sex, anal rimming , anal fisting and protected anal sex with a girl, 9 days after when i was going to another city i realise that when i was opening window of the car wind was making my head to ache it was first time , when i already arrived my head was aching like hell, after i began to vomit began to feel weak and have temperature low grade, 1 day after vomiting and headache resolved in the morning but tiredness was continioning, in the evening i allready was normal, my questions:
1- how risky rimming?

2-how risky fisting if u had strachs from cat on hand
3- is this looking like ars symptoms , ars duration can be  as small as 1 day only? i never had such headache before

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 06:32:51 am »
Nothing you have mentioned put you at risk for contracting HIV. Read the lessons on transmission. You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline hlrson

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 01:17:36 pm »
ars can be like this ? headache and vomiting and fever for 1 day?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 01:26:14 pm »
No one has ever been documented as getting HIV from the activities you mentioned. It is not considered a risk. Therefore, any symptoms you are having are, logically, unrelated to a pathogen you did not contract.

If they trouble  you, I urge you to seek medical attention. This site cannot and will not parse symptoms.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.