Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:12:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 351
Total: 351

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ohh Lawdy, where's my Mint Julep?  (Read 20778 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Ohh Lawdy, where's my Mint Julep?
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2012, 10:38:32 am »
MOAR storms came through last night and killed 3 people, this time in eastern North Carolina. 40 injured.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2012, 11:32:39 am »
MOAR storms came through last night and killed 3 people, this time in eastern North Carolina. 40 injured.

That's horrible   :( . Its been bad here today also and the power was out for a couple of hours but thank god nothing like some have been through .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2012, 03:40:38 pm »
Sorry I didn't read this post earlier.  Ohio was knocked off guard and it looks like a war zone went through and help from other states have been laboring tirelessly to try to restore power.  It's only a small part of the Lake area that has power, and we're lucky we were first.  Gonna be over a week for a lot of my rural family. 

Ironic that I got a new chainsaw for birthday Friday.   Already using the hell out of it.

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2012, 04:01:01 pm »
Last night, around 1 am, the lights went out for a second.  Power consumption must be near the max zone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2012, 06:34:35 pm »
We were camping and didn't even realize a storm was coming.  Does anyone know a site where I can look at radar maps of the storms that came through?  I love the radar channel and would like to see images.

thanks
wolfie

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2012, 08:00:46 am »
We were camping and didn't even realize a storm was coming.  Does anyone know a site where I can look at radar maps of the storms that came through?  I love the radar channel and would like to see images.

thanks
wolfie
i use "yahoo weather" for it has a "local radar map."

Offline wolfter

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2012, 09:13:59 am »
Licking County Ohio was one of the hardest hit in our state (which is where Buckeye Lake is).  We still have outages everywhere and they're reporting it could be another week before it's fixed. 

After a little research, I discovered why we were lucky enough to have our power within 2 days.  We are connected to the same lines that feed the water processing station.  It is critical that these lines be fixed first to at least restore water to residents.  It's just a small area that has power and we've opened our home to allow people to shower, cool off or whatever we can to assist. 

We still have some main roads that haven't been opened because of extensive damage and debris.  These situations bring out the best in people.  Most are jumping in doing whatever they can to assist neighbors and sometimes total strangers. 

My brother manages the local VFW that regained it's power.  They have a huge ice maker and our giving it out free to those who need it.  They have opened to the public as a cooling station where they can also get something to eat.

Wolfie

Offline buginme2

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2012, 09:53:16 am »
Global Warming!!!!!!

It will be a rainy 63 degrees in Seattle today, you all should take a vacation.  I don't think we have gotten above 75 yet.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline wolfter

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2012, 09:58:34 am »
Since this was an act of God, shouldn't we be allowed to sue places of worship since they are his agent?  Just trying to put some humor in this terrible situation.

Wolfie

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2012, 12:40:18 pm »
Since this was an act of God, shouldn't we be allowed to sue places of worship since they are his agent?  Just trying to put some humor in this terrible situation.

Wolfie
How will you get him or her to testify?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2012, 07:59:58 am »
another +96F four day heatwave begins today: 96, 96, 96, 101... so out of control. (worse in DC: 98, 97, 99, 104)

That will be a total of eleven days in a row where it was +91℉ unheard of in the Northeast.

However, I have endured winter where it didn't get above 32℉ for three weeks.

ps: meanwhile in Brookings, Oregon where I plan to retire: 70, 63, 65, 70F
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:08:05 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2012, 08:18:13 am »
As I mentioned in another thread, I watched The Blob last night.  Spoiler alert. At the end they realize they can't kill this alien monster, and can only drop it over the arctic and let it lie dormant, "as long as it stays cold" ....
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2012, 11:01:03 am »
As I mentioned in another thread, I watched The Blob last night.  Spoiler alert. At the end they realize they can't kill this alien monster, and can only drop it over the arctic and let it lie dormant, "as long as it stays cold" ....

And this has to do with an unrelenting heatwave that is killing people how???

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2012, 12:57:56 pm »
I'd like to revisit the fact that the 5-day forecast for Yankee-Central, Killadelphia, is immeasurably worse that what I nee on NOAA for San Antonio. And as that quack of an OP began this thread I'd like to kindly suggest that he bow out the remainder of the week. thankuverymuch

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2012, 12:15:56 pm »
It's always nice to see that the UK is absolutely just as looney as Mississippi.

DISCUSS!

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2012, 10:30:47 pm »
And as that quack of an OP began this thread I'd like to kindly suggest that he bow out the remainder of the week. thankuverymuch

NEVAH!

btw, was in Temple. Tx last few days and they had a similiar storm roll through last night. It knocked out the water treatment facility, and the mayor declared a "disaster". Meaning there was no water to fight fires, etc..No restaraunts were allowed to open this morning (which sucked for my planned Mcdonalds Flapjack run). and only convenience stores and grocery stores were allowed to open. All of the VFD's had to bring their tankers full of water into the city and place them at different city firestations just in case there was a fire.

Other than that, no, we have not been very , hot. It's been slightly cooler than normal. It seems like everything has changed and the hotter weather has moved northeast.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2012, 11:46:20 pm »
NEVAH!

btw, was in Temple. Tx last few days and they had a similiar storm roll through last night. It knocked out the water treatment facility, and the mayor declared a "disaster". Meaning there was no water to fight fires, etc..No restaraunts were allowed to open this morning (which sucked for my planned Mcdonalds Flapjack run). and only convenience stores and grocery stores were allowed to open. All of the VFD's had to bring their tankers full of water into the city and place them at different city firestations just in case there was a fire.

You're actually comparing a town of 60,000 to a metropolitan area of 5.58 million in terms of a giant storm?

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2012, 01:00:08 am »
It's always nice to see that the UK is absolutely just as looney as Mississippi.

DISCUSS!

It's always nice to know you are never alone in your insanity.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2012, 12:41:10 pm »
I just talked to my "sissy" Tina in Fredericksburg Va, They had a Tornado blow through and rip up a Dance studio and several other building there. Her house had some shingles torn off and a tree down on the dog pen. Seems I may be helping John with repairs around the house when I get there after AMG  ???

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2012, 08:03:45 pm »
We used to call that place "Fred Vegas" when I was in college, because when you drive up I-95 from the south you see that strip of large, lighted signs and it looks like a sorry version of Las Vegas at night.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2012, 06:20:02 pm »
This is crazy. We've had rain for the last 3 days and expect 3-4 more days of it. It was a real Toad choker here today, got 3inches. NOT THAT IM COMPLAINING.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2012, 08:47:28 pm »
This is crazy. We've had rain for the last 3 days and expect 3-4 more days of it. It was a real Toad choker here today, got 3inches. NOT THAT IM COMPLAINING.

-W

<snicker> -- Willy chokes on 3 inches!

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2012, 08:52:34 pm »
Quote from: WillyWump on Today at 06:20:02 PM

-W

<snicker> -- Willy chokes on 3 inches!

How's the Toad doing? Is he relaxing by the pond?

;D

"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline wolfter

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2012, 06:49:50 am »
It only took AEP 11 days to restore all the power to our county.  This is quite remarkable considering the extensive damage here in central and southeastern Ohio. 

These storms were so destructive that the Ravenswood bridge had to be closed due to twisted beams.  All we lost were shingles and some trees so I'll not complain. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.