Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:40:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 344
Total: 345

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ***excited***  (Read 5724 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
***excited***
« on: December 09, 2009, 02:21:18 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvDaJaU5My4

Mark your calendars for February 8th... I'm so there.  First studio album in almost a decade.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Cliff

Re: ***excited***
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 02:33:05 pm »
Thanks for that.  I can't fucking wait!!!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 02:34:31 pm »
I'm loving the edgier sound for her.  I haven't been this excited since the Grace Jones album, and before that Kate Bush.

Fuck Lady Ga Ga :)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 03:07:04 pm »
The Grace Jones album was a pleasant surprise!  Now I'm listening to the new Yoko Ono and its ravishingly weird and beautiful.  Hope we get a payoff with Sade. There's something off-key about this clip, but then she often skirted being out of tune.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 09:33:05 pm »
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
I've been praying to Jesus for years for this!!!!!  AAARRRGGGHH!
Can I pre-order?????  WOW!!
THANK YOU!!!

Offline fearless

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 09:35:38 pm »
Fantastic.

I saw her live back in the 90's at a small and oddly named, smokey jazz bar in Sydney, Soup Plus. It was not long after the release of Love Deluxe.

She was absolutely brilliant live and in such a small venue.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Cliff

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 03:41:11 am »
I'm jealous.  I would love to see her live!  Hopefully a tour will quickly follow the album.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 09:27:04 am »
One time I saw her live on television -- must have been back in the 80's -- and I though she sounded absolutely dreadful.  I'm glad to hear that that's not normal for her.

Offline Texan38

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 06:26:55 pm »
**GASP**

I sincerely hope her album isn't a disappointment as Whitney's.  Sade is such a gorgeous singer.  That's such exciting news!!
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 02:15:49 pm »
Finally, I was waiting to see who the link was about. I am too lazy to click right now. I always wondered what happened to Sade. I love her music. Miss P you better take pics of the event and post!!!!
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 03:39:08 pm »
One time I saw her live on television -- must have been back in the 80's -- and I though she sounded absolutely dreadful.  I'm glad to hear that that's not normal for her.
Well she made gorgeous recordings but was spotty live.  Now we have technology to get that voice in key so both should be good. On the other hand, as I said, I hear Sade as consistently going into flat as opposed to sharp. If the new electronics bump it all on key, it might be a loss. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 04:28:05 pm »
I almost started a new thread to announce her new record (especially 'cause I know how much Philly loves her).  Glad I searched before doing so.   

The new single is great (and I love the album cover).

I have seen her live a couple of times (93/94 for 'Love Deluxe,' had 3rd row seats... and then around 2000 though I sat in the nosebleed section for that one).  She was just great.

Unfortunately her website does not have much to tell us at this point.

http://www.sade.com/

[attachment deleted by admin]
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline jm1953

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 10:09:34 pm »
Thanks Miss P for telling us about this new release.  The song is awesome.  Always great memories associated with her songs.  I"m definitely getting her CD.
Positive 29 years. Diagnosed 10/1987.  Current CD 4: 720: Viral load: almost 100.  Current drug regimen, Tivicay, Emtriva, Endurant, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam, Uloric, Losartan Potassium,Allegra, Ambien, Testosterone, Nandrolone, Vicodin, Benedryl, Aspirin, lots of vitamin supplements.

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 11:51:38 pm »
I predict there will be a sudden uptick in births nine months after the release of her new album  ;)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 12:29:01 am »
Hey Philly, any news as to when this single is going to be finally available for purchase?   I checked iTunes, but all that they have is the ringtone (freaking 32 seconds for $1.29).
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 12:32:23 am »
12 January, per wikipedia

(please learn to use the internet!)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 12:48:40 am »

Sade once asked me to marry her, no lie!  We had a great time together...  She wore this straw hat with roses on it and I thought she looked so stunning.  When I woke up my sheets were absolutely soaked and I aint talking from night sweats either!

Speaking of Witney, her mother asked me to do an intervention on her which ultimately failed miserably.. of course this was not the same dream Sade was in.

My wife can't wait for the albums (still called that?) release on iTunes.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline HotGreek_STL

• Livin' la Vida Loca in Saint Louis, MO
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 12:55:38 am »
I saw her live at the Fox Theatre in Saint Louis, MO.  (The Fox is a sister theater to Radio City Music Hall in splendor).   It was an amazing show.  Smooth Operator and Diamond Life were her hits then.  She was awesome.  ;D
"TO SEE WHAT IS IN FRONT OF ONE'S NOSE NEEDS A CONSTANT STRUGGLE!"  GEORGE ORWELL

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 10:48:59 am »
12 January, per wikipedia

(please learn to use the internet!)

Gee, Barbara. My bad. I just don't like wikipedia much.  Her website did not have the info last I checked.

Thanks for the info :)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 08:24:29 pm »
Finally available through iTunes and Amazon.  If you you have $1.29 to spare please support good music :)

Soldier of Love - Single

Offline Cliff

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 04:18:06 pm »
I'm sure it'll be 5 months before it hits UK Itunes. 

:-\

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 04:23:30 pm »
I'm actually going to purchase the physical CD on this one, and I don't think I've done that with anything for quite some time, at least for a brand new release.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.