Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

Finished Hep C treatment

(1/2) > >>

guitargal:
Last night was my last dose of Sovaldi and Olysio!

I had blood work done last Thursday and will call them on Friday if they do not call me first. Very excited to hear of my results. I was UD at week 2.
I go back in 3 months for follow up tests.

I feel that i had no side effects to speak of. some depression and fatigue but that is a piece of cake compared to some meds!

I gained 7 pounds, (i am 111 now and was 104 in May) which i needed and hope if i continue to gain some more weight and muscle and fat perhaps my muscle joint pain will subside.i was so thin..The doctors do not think my pain is from HIV. I have had so many tests done.. and that my symptoms do not really indicate neuropathy so much.
I do have some PN, the off and on foot pain, not  bad like in the 1990's and get teeth rattling shivery cold quickly, fingers and toes cold,  when the weather is cool..glad it is summer.

Odd that i was trying to gain weight for almost 2 years… Had c.diff  Dec 2012, and was down to 101!
Seemed i couldn't gain anything. Now all of a sudden i am on the re bound with that!

Lets hope that with the increase of muscle and being able to process nutrients better I will bounce back.

Back right before the protease came out i was doing poorly.. Then bam! Within  a year  i got my life back. So much so that i could almost forget i was pos!

I thank my doctors for getting me on this treatment with out Ribavirin..and Uncle Sam and my State for paying for it. I should write to my politicians and thank them. As much as things in gov. seems to be messed up sometimes it works...they really did come through for me.

best to you all!

aztecan:
That is wonderful news!

I have high hopes this will put an end to the Hep C co-infection.

HUGS,

Mark

wolfter:
Most excellent.  Take care of yourself and have a blessed day.

greg

guitargal:
I have more energy!
My mind is clearer.
I think my pain is better now that i gained weight. I think the food I eat is being metabolized better now. Eating just a little more, but not much more, but it is making a difference the way my body holds it better and I am not wasting. Before I could burn calories just sitting still..

Not taking naps every day. Still sleep late, but then i am up late.. :)
I can do more things around the house. went to the woods and river on the back of the ATV with hubby for the first time in years..and wasn't totally worn out, just a little.

Say it is so!!!
I sure hop I got a new lease on life..like when the protease came out..that saved me.!

thanks everyone for your support.!

OneTampa:
Excellent news! 

Best to you.

Take care.

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version