Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:58:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 344
Total: 345

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: sexual incompatability  (Read 16109 times)

Offline GoodMatchHawaiiRetreat

sexual incompatability
« on: June 24, 2007, 03:35:09 am »
Hey guys.  Needing to express some depression and get it off my chest.  I've been in a relationship for two months now. It started out great and we still have mutual interests that are good to share.  I was excited to meet him that he's also healthy poz and already living in Hawaii.  (I'd been open to the possibility of a relationship for a while, but thought I'd have to meet someone willing to move to Hawaii).  The depressing part is that he isn't sexually attracted to me.  Prefers dark-skinned, dark haired men. Being reddish/blond and white, I'm about as far from latino as one can get.
That plus his libido is much less than mine, made for an incompatible situation.  So, we've agreed to be roommates and not boyfriends.
Rationally I know what the reality is, but it is hard emotionally to not get down about being unattractive and undesirable.
Because of the very positive compliments I get from others, I know I'm not totally unattractive.  But somehow when someone you hoped could be a lover isn't passionate and intimate, it hurts.   Feeling like closing the door to relationship.  Yet, I have a lot to offer and do believe I would be happier with a lover.   Thanks for listening... comments welcome.  Sometimes it helps to share the frustration and disappointment.
Aloha.

Offline bear60

Re: sexual incompatability
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 10:55:05 am »
I thought it was just lesbians who arrived on the second date with a U Haul truck full of their personal possessions.  You guys are living together already?
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 11:01:34 am »
Yes, it is very frustrating and disappointing when somone we are attracted to
doesn't feel the same way about us.  On the bright side, at least his feelings
aren't due to your having HIV, which is sometimes a bigger issue for those of
us who are poz.  You deserve to have someone who is attracted to you. 
And remember that this whole issue is really about him, *not* about you,
so there's no reason to be down on yourself.

People like what they like, and are attracted to who they are attracted to.
I'll never ceased to be amazed at some of the characteristics (physical, personality,
mental, financial, etc.) that people find attractive, but I suppose that is just
human nature.  I can't help but wonder why your (now ex) boyfriend wasn't
honest with you up front about his penchant for dark-hair, dark-skinned men.
Anyone can see that you don't have those characteristics.

Personally, I suggest you re-think living with him as a roommate.  I've been there
and done that before, and it generally just prolongs your disappointment and
frustration.

Regards,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 02:15:39 pm »
GMHR-

Having just suffered the stillborn arrival of a relationship that held such promise I can commiserate with you. But I wouldn't hazard any advice beyond not dwelling on words like "betrayal" or rejection". I have an especially nasty case of the shingles to prove my point.

Brent
(Who is not feeling witty this afternoon)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Basquo

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 04:40:23 pm »

Personally, I suggest you re-think living with him as a roommate.  I've been there
and done that before, and it generally just prolongs your disappointment and
frustration.

I second that.  I avoided that situation once while simultaneously living in the previous one.  Lesson learned.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 04:42:30 pm »
Guys, you are all making me feel really guilty. My lot manager approached me and said there was someone else living in the park that has AIDS and is wanting to meet others that are gay. I asked who, then I advised her I knew him. He's very good looking and I said she could give him my number, I dated him thirty years ago. He called, and I told him I wasn't into having a relationship, sex or having anyone move in with me. I'm for being friends that can sit and talk about our issues, but I think he was expecting more out of me. I don't know if I was to blunt and foreward, but I do feel bad. Like I said he's very nice and very good looking. Maybe I'm to stubborn, or to independent. I know his feelings were hurt. But I don't know how to be any different than I am.

Offline bear60

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 04:47:57 pm »
Well, Rod....I dont see where YOU did anything wrong.  You were being honest.  Perhaps he wanted a roll in the hay and so you saved yourself the hassle of trying to eject him from your home.

modified to add: my current partner and I spent two fabulous years dating before moving in together. It was wonderful.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 04:52:01 pm by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline mjmel

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 05:33:03 pm »
GoodMatch:
You spend two months together being lovers and in that time you slowly realized he wasn't into your body type? He agreed to be in a lover relationship and let you know he wasn't into you..........at what point in the last two months?
So YOU allowed him to stay with you as a roommate but according to this posting of yours.......you'd really like him to be your lover as he's hot and sexy to your way of thinking. Is this the crux of it?

Yes? Then find yourself a roommate that you are certain is not "working" the situation. Why didn't he tell you from the beginning that you aren't his type? Is it because you were blinded with your own desire, or, did he seem eager enough--at first? Sheesh! Eject!

So why would you not be assured of your own self-image despite his opinion or wants? Don't look otherwise at yourself but positively (I didn't say egotistically)---especially in the case of this "cutie". Look!, you said it yourself: "I'd be happier with a lover."
my impressions, my comments,
Mike
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 05:35:40 pm by mjmel »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 08:43:47 pm »
I'll move to Hawaii for a sexy built man in a slinky tank top, but I digress.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out.  I enjoy the pleasures of latino men as well, but also white guys and of course the notorious muscular Evil Nigerian.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline GoodMatchHawaiiRetreat

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 01:59:55 am »
Wow guys,  thank you so much for your insightful responses and personal sharing.
Because we love each other on many levels it is repeatedly painful and difficult dealing with the reality of our erotic/sexual compatibility.
It does go deeper than first take.  Today we got more clarity on our differences in erotic/sexual needs.  He needs to feel romanced and loved and supported to feel comfortable having sex.  I start feeling like nothing I do is enough to assure him and I get impatient wanting physical/sexual expression of love.  I like to believe we can acknowledge our sexual/erotic incompatibilities and eliminate the sexual aspect of our friendship.
And continue to be friends.....  I'm hearing that hasn't worked for others.  It is really hard to let go of the positive aspects of what is working for us in friendship.   Thank you again for your responses.   And yes... I am open to exploring relationship that works for both.
I have a lot to offer.  Warmest Aloha.

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 09:31:41 am »
GMHR,

I have a best friend of 22 years who started off as a non-cohabitating sex/love interest, but we couldn't get past a lot of what you seem to be experiencing now.  Sex and intimacy are not interchangeable, neither are love and romance, neither are attraction and longing.  We each finally recognized that we couldn't keep "going to the hardware store for milk," but we have continued to be the other's sharpest critic, most strident defender, and highest confidant through other relationships.  I hope that you and your friend can find such peace.

David
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline bobino

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 01:08:04 am »
I enjoy the pleasures of latino men as well, but also white guys and of course the notorious muscular Evil Nigerian.

The "notorious muscular Evil Nigerian"?

Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 01:19:23 am »
my ex-partner

Offline Pilot

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 04:48:28 pm »
Phone rings:

Hello ...Ist Saint Louis Realty...this is Mona

Me:  Hi Mona, I want to put my house up for sale immediately.

Mona: Why are you selling?

Me:  I am moving to Hawaii and getting married there as soon as the house sells. So lets get cracking on it.

Mona: Well who is the lucky guy and where did you meet him?

Me:  I havent met him yet but I read his ad on a web site and he wants a monogamous relationship with another pos man, who will be faithful.  Besides he looks hot in his picture.

Mona:  Well are you sure you want to get into a relationship with someone who is so far away?  Besides what are you going to do for a living when you get there?

Me:  Well he is a pretty successful man from what I read and I think he mentioned something about all I had to do was massage his therapist...first time I have heard it called that.  Kinky huh?

Mona:  Well what makes you think you will be compatible with him?

Me:  Well he did mention something or other about being sexually compatible. But I figure that by the time the honey moon is over he will either be the most satified man sexually or I will be a new widow living in paradise.

Mona:  I really think you should slow down. You know what usually happens when its just lust in the disguise of love. Remember the last two guys you fell in love with on the net and moved in with them so fast.

Me:  Well now Mona dear its not my fault the first one died from eating poison mushrooms after only a month of wedded bliss.

Mona:  And the second one?

Me: Again people just dont understand my passion to make my man happy and its not my fault he refused to eat the poison mushrooms.  Besides, noone was able to prove a thing.

Mona:  Ok but what makes you feel that he would be compatible with you both as a hubby and sexually?

Me:  Mona, dear girl, at this point in my life he is everything I am looking for in a man.

Mona:  And what would that be?

Me:  He is cute and still breathing on his own.

Mona:  Ok, if thats what you desire, I will start working on getting it sold as quick as I can.

Me:  Thanks dear, I always appreciate your help and hard work in these matters. Bye now.

Mona:  By dear.

Me:  I hope he is the man for me, even if we dont really know each other well.  Oh well, I guess if he isn't the one for me, I will  just have to see how he feels about mushroom soup.

Pilot....who is looking for a monogamous relationship with someone who doesnt cook mushroom soup...

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 08:31:04 pm »
I loathe mushroom soup.

Brent
(Who longs for the real deal)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 08:50:46 pm »
It depends how it's made.

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 10:29:51 pm »
Most of the time, things (both good and/or bad) will play out to its end for lessons and actions to be taken. Let it come to you. It will be clear then. Meanwhile, just gotta be yourself.

Peace! ;)

Michael
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Offline JamieD

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 08:46:24 pm »
I thought it was just lesbians who arrived on the second date with a U Haul truck full of their personal possessions.  You guys are living together already?

Oh. My. GOD. This was the funniest thing I have read/heard in a LOOOOOOONG time. I love lesbian jokes. Oh lord, that was a good laugh.

Offline juan3

• I like getting WET!
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 10:41:08 am »
You did the right thing! to be open an honset with him!!!!

Don't know if this is the page for it but Anyway's I've been HIV positive since November 2006 and since then I have not been with anyone except my right hand and the left.

Its not that I can't get it up thats not the problem. I'm just scared! I don't want to hurt anyone! I know all about the protection and all that but I just can't seem to get past the not wanting to hurt anyone.

My doc say's in time I will get over it. Hmmmmmm ok its been 9 mos LOL

just wanted to share this with you.

Oh I do have some good news!

2 weeks ago my T-cell count was 177 and my V-load was 62,500

Went to the Doctor today and my T-cell count is 350 and my V-load is 111

So its a good day for me :-)

May all of you have a Bless Day!!!!!!
Juan Enrique

Be True to yourself and to others.

Offline juan3

• I like getting WET!
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 10:42:58 am »
Oh yes befor I forget!!!!

JamieD your a cuttie :)
Juan Enrique

Be True to yourself and to others.

Offline JamieD

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 08:01:35 pm »
Thank you. That's very nice of you to say.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.