Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:10:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773204
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 541
Total: 543

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: it hasn't been easy  (Read 4079 times)

Online Tonny2

it hasn't been easy
« on: November 28, 2014, 06:01:57 am »

ojo    Hello everyone            bear with me English is my second language ;p

It was a day like today, November 29, but in 1994, after losing around 20 pounds and later on, no being able to sleep, I decided to go to the ER...dx PCP, therefor HIV test came back +, cd4 20...I was treated with pentamedine for my PCP, after five or seven days (don't remember) I was sent back home....December was a month to recover...In January 95 went to see an ID doctor, started treatment, don't remember what treatment I started with, but I took the D's (HIVID, ZERIT, VIDEX), still dealing with the side effects (neuropathy)...for five years (95-2000) I tried everything there was, everything failed, so, I got lots of OI, 3 PCP episodes (no need to go to the hospital), MAC, MOLUSCOUS, CMV RETINITIS, due to CMV, i had lots of eye surgeries, lost my retina's right eye (bad surgery), then CMV RETINITIS started killing my optic nerve, no peripheral vision in my left eye, I just see through what doctors called "tunnel vision" and I have blurry vision due to another doctors mistake, grrr....summer 2000, I started taking KALETRA, SUSTIVA AND AGENERASE, after a month of treatment, my cd4 were 361, all my OI, MOLLOSCOUS and CMV RETINATIS, stopped, so, I did not go completely blind....summer 2005, ended up in the ER with PANCREATITIS (my third time), caused by KALETRA, so, I switched to REYATAS, NORVIR and LEXIVA, they failed too....July 2006, I got VASCULITIS (so painful, I did not eat or sleep for the pain)....went back to the doctor August 21 (my bd), doctor told me, there was no more treatments for me (resistance to Ali), so I went home to wait for an OI to kill me...October 2006, doctor called me and told me, if I wanted to participate in a program, where the pharmaceutical companies, will give some medication for free, tho, there were not approved by the FDA, I said yes, I have nothing to lose....January15 2007, I started taking, PREZISTA, NORVIR AND INTELENCE, my CD4 360, my CD4% 26 and my VL for the first time since DC, UD, that day, March15, my doctor added a new class of drug ISENTRESS, since then, 2007, till now, 2014 I have been UD and my latest numbers are: CD4 538, CD4% 26...ithis isgreat!!!  20 years of living with a new boyfriend, that goes everywhere with me, but now, it is not causing any problems, I hope and I can share another 20 years celebration with all of you...hugs    ojo

PS sorry for the long post, its been 20 years

Offline harleymc

Re: it hasn't been easy
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 07:57:06 am »
Hi Tonny
I'm glad that not-so-new boyfriend isn't causing you grief anymore.  I'm sure you'll be kicking along in another 20 years, I know I'm planning to.

Please don't leave it another 20 years to post again. Welcome to the 'they can't keep us down' party.

Hugs from Australia

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 08:16:57 am »
Thanks for sharing Tonny. I always get the feeling from your post that the world is better place with you in it, so keep up the good fight and lets go for 40 more good years or more this time .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:47:27 am »
My god Tonny, you sure have been through a lot of shit... You are a true warrior my friend... I hope the years to come brings better days and better health for you... Wishing you the best :)

Offline mitch777

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 01:12:38 pm »
That's quite a journey you have been on Tonny! You are a gentle but strong man.

Hope to be chatting with you for many decades to come!
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Online Tonny2

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 08:04:41 pm »
Hi Tonny
I'm glad that not-so-new boyfriend isn't causing you grief anymore.  I'm sure you'll be kicking along in another 20 years, I know I'm planning to.

Please don't leave it another 20 years to post again. Welcome to the 'they can't keep us down' party.

Hugs from Australia

ojo    Hi harleymc...I thank you for your kind words...my old boyfriend can't handle me anymore, now he is resting, I hope stays like that for a long time, lol...you will be fine, with the new drugs, this bug has become manegeble...again, I appreciate you taking the time reading and replying, now, you have made a friend with an old friend, in Ohio, USA....hugs     ojo

Online Tonny2

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 08:11:47 pm »
Thanks for sharing Tonny. I always get the feeling from your post that the world is better place with you in it, so keep up the good fight and lets go for 40 more good years or more this time .

ojo    Thanks Jeff, you, as usual, are so kind, where is that "LIKE" button, lol...I appreciate it, like I said, it hasn't been easy, hopefully, my cocktail keeps working, otherwisw, I will be in trouble....thanks again buddy....hugs      ojo

Online Tonny2

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 08:14:46 pm »
My god Tonny, you sure have been through a lot of shit... You are a true warrior my friend... I hope the years to come brings better days and better health for you... Wishing you the best :)

ojo     Hi almost2late, thanks for your kind words...we all are warriors in here, and we have to keep fighting, until we have a cure, thanks again...hugs     ojo

Online Tonny2

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 08:17:25 pm »
That's quite a journey you have been on Tonny! You are a gentle but strong man.

Hope to be chatting with you for many decades to come!

ojo     thanks Mitch, how nice of you....yes, I hope we can keep chating here for a long time, well, no  that long, I'm already old, and almost a pirate, lol...hugs   ojo

Offline stuka

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 11:44:38 pm »
tonny, my friend, i hope you live another 100 years .. the world is a better place because of awesome men like you! you (along with Jeff) was there for me in my darkest hour.  i hope they fix the problem with your eye soon so you can enjoy life even more

Online Tonny2

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 01:01:42 pm »
tonny, my friend, i hope you live another 100 years .. the world is a better place because of awesome men like you! you (along with Jeff) was there for me in my darkest hour.  i hope they fix the problem with your eye soon so you can enjoy life even more

ojo     thanks stuka, I really appreciate it....hugs      ojo

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.