Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 11:17:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Rubbing Labia with cut index finger & Symtoms  (Read 14722 times)

Offline abbyscared101

Rubbing Labia with cut index finger & Symtoms
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:02:29 am »
long story short.

went to a prostitute 4 weeks back.
no intercourse happened
had slight cut on finger, resembles paper cut, when i pressed it there was no sting and no blood, i assume the cut to be atleast 5 hours old or more.
rubbed labia for 5 secondsafter the episode i wiped my finger on cloth and pants numerous times

arrived home twenty minutes later,  forgot to wash my hand.

mastubated myself, holding penis with fingers below the flaps of my foresking, im uncircumsized.

two weeks later i noticed  a black ning mark on area that i touched on penis(presently still there)
burning skin sensation on arms and hands and palms(still present)
slight diarrhea
loss of appetite
coldsore
hive like blotches that occur and disappear in minutes
tender lymph nodes, (not swollen yet but slight discomfort)

is it possible that the virus could have been stuck in the papercut surviving in sweat  and twenty minutes after  tranfered to penis via self masturbation< remember i did not insert my inger into her vagina just rubbed it?

what are my chances of hiv.....following the information provided..

please im desperate to know, it has been 4 weeks since this exposure

thank you

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: TERRIBLY SCARED, CONFUSED ABOUT CONTRACTED HIV THROUGH EVENT
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:04:43 am »
Of course HIV is not transmitted in the manner you describe.

HIV is sexually transmitted through unprotected vaginal and anal penetration.

Nothing else.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:21:13 am »
These symtoms are ongoing and doesnt seem to go away

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 04:36:44 am »
the penis is mucous membrane which is able to absorb fluids allowing them to enter the bloodstream, if there were still some vaginal fluids on my finger would it then not be able to be absorbed by the mucous membrane during  the masturbation session i had ?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 05:20:30 am »
the penis is mucous membrane which is able to absorb fluids allowing them to enter the bloodstream, if there were still some vaginal fluids on my finger would it then not be able to be absorbed by the mucous membrane during  the masturbation session i had ?

No. Mucous membranes don't just "absorb fluids" in the manner you think they do.

As Brother JK has told you HIV is only transmitted in certain ways. Those ways are:

Unprotected anal or vaginal sex;

Sharing contaminated injecting equipment such as needles and syringes;

In some cases from HIV positive mother to her unborn or nursing infant.

None of these apply to you. You were not at risk and you do not need to be tested for HIV.

MtD

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 05:46:19 am »
could you please elaborate with regards to the finger cut and the multiple symtoms that i have been experiencing. these symptoms seeem to be on par with ARS

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 05:49:10 am »
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 05:59:04 am »
could you please elaborate with regards to the finger cut and the multiple symtoms that i have been experiencing. these symptoms seeem to be on par with ARS

Rodney's advice is spot on.

Moreover we don't discuss symptoms because many things seem to be "on par" with ARS. Rather we discuss risk factors and when you should be tested.

Your questions have been answered. You do not have to be tested for HIV.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 06:19:36 am »
Abby,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. For this reason, you are worrying needlessly over the vaginal fluids on your hand when you masturbated.

You did NOT have a risk and you do NOT need to test over this specific situation.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST SPECIFICALLY OVER FINGERING OR MASTURBATING AFTER FINGERING, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 06:59:57 am »
Good Day ann.

Firrstly, id like to thank you, Andy, Rapidrob and the rest of the team for your contribution towards "POSITIVE EDUCATION" I am really inspired by the work you guys do, it is reassuring to know that there are still people like yourselfs who cares about the wellbeing of others.

couple more question then ill be done with this threat

1. the small cut on my finger when rubbed on, not inserted inside the vagina but came into contact with vaginal fluids[ would this not constitute to the confines of two bodies as earlier stated.

2. can i commence with non protected sex with my fiance, we were both negative prior to this incident as we got tested two months ago.

3. iof the person had more than 1 STI what or my chances of being infected and can a person be infected with one STI even though she had multiple viruses.

4. can i disregard my symtoms to be hiv related

thank you

Oh Yes if you and the team are ever in South Africa for a conference or something id like to meet and take you all out for lunch

Appreciating your work and care

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 07:05:56 am »
Reread the reply that Ann just gave you.

You did NOT have a risk and you do NOT need to test over this specific situation.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 07:54:51 am »
Abby,

1. NO. It is the cervicovaginal fluid that is infectious in a woman. This is actually a thick mucus that covers and protects the cervix, which is found deep within the vaginal. The lubricating fluid that a woman produces when sexually excited comes from the bartholin glands, which are found on either side of the vaginal opening. I have not found one shred of evidence that this lubricating fluid is infectious - it's like sweat or tears, and sweat and tears are NOT infectious fluids. You would not have been in contact with infectious fluid when you touched her clit or any other part of her external genitals.

2. Yes.

3. You are highly unlikely to have been infected with any STI through the situation as you describe it.  If you have unprotected intercourse with someone who has multiple STIs, you might be infected with one, a few, all or none of them, depending on your luck.

4. Why would your symptoms be hiv related when you have NOT had a risk for hiv infection?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline abbyscared101

MUTUAL MASTURABATION
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 08:58:07 am »
Has anybody to your knowledge been infected with hiv by this mode, even in the presence of cuts, other STI's and exchange of bodily fluids

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 09:26:40 am »
Abby,

NO.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 10:09:18 am »
You've already been told repeatedly that you were not at risk. We're not here to respond each time you have another thought or another burst of (unwarranted) fear.

I'm going to warn you that you are on the verge of getting a Time Out from the site.

HIV is not your problem no matter what your head is telling you to the contrary.
Andy Velez

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 03:13:15 pm »
Lymph Nodes are now swollen and throbbing,I'm convinced I have contracted the virus..would this be the forst in scientific history to contract the virus in the way I described..all my lymph nodes are begining to swell.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 03:34:27 pm »
Lymph Nodes are now swollen and throbbing,I'm convinced I have contracted the virus..would this be the forst in scientific history to contract the virus in the way I described..all my lymph nodes are begining to swell.

Well think of it this way. If you are the first in history to get HIV through this route, then you will be the subject of great scientific scrutiny and your treatment will likely be free.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 04:07:10 pm »
You've already been told repeatedly that you were not at risk. We're not here to respond each time you have another thought or another burst of (unwarranted) fear.

I'm going to warn you that you are on the verge of getting a Time Out from the site.

HIV is not your problem no matter what your head is telling you to the contrary.

Are you really listening to what is being said to you? Doesn't seem that way.

Also, you and your gf should not be having unprotected intercourse unless you have both tested negative together at a reliable testing point. It's not clear to me that you've done that.
Andy Velez

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 09:06:29 pm »
I don't want to post continuously. Just very scared,everything I told you has been true and accurate.We both tested negative to months back.iv never been unfaithful up until that point and we have been dating for 6years and plan to get married in next month.so why does ann say we can have unprotected sex and you andy say we cant

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 09:17:30 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 04:59:10 am »

so why does ann say we can have unprotected sex and you andy say we cant

Abby,

Andy may have missed your brief mention of previous testing. It's easy to do when one reads as many frantic, paranoid posts in a day as we do.

This whole thing is more about your guilt over having strayed than it is anything else. You're afraid you're going to be punished with hiv for your actions.

Hiv doesn't work like that. It's not a punishment, it's a virus that is transmitted in very specific ways. Nothing you did included these specific ways.

You did NOT have a risk.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline abbyscared101

Rubbing Labia with cut index finger & Symtoms
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 06:46:20 am »
Visited a prostitute 6 weeks back had a 10 hour 5mm cut on finger. only rubbed for 5 seconds.there was no bleeding nor pain even when pressure was applied.
touched shaft of penis twenty minutes afterwards

Have over the past 6 weeks experiencied

red,brown blotches which has burning sensation on arms
tender lymph nodes under arms
loss of appetite
loss of weight (6kgs in 6 weeks)
white coating of tongue
fatigue

please advise, do i need a test or not?im very scared :'(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Rubbing Labia with cut index finger & Symtoms
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 06:57:38 am »
abby,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

We've already told you - REPEATEDLY - that you have NOT had a risk for hiv infection.

Re-read your entire thread. Our answers are not going to change. 

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. It's NOTHING to do with a virus you have not been at risk for. END OF STORY.

Post one more time about this NO RISK incident and you WILL be given that time out you've been warned about.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 07:01:04 am »
doesnt the white coating of the tongue indicate hiv.....what about all my symtoms do you persnally believe that i am hiv free from the incident that i described or is there a chance of infection?

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 07:18:26 am »
the symtoms that i display is it not related to hiv ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 07:27:48 am »
Post one more time about this NO RISK incident and you WILL be given that time out you've been warned about.

Ann

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 07:32:13 am »
Abby,

If you're worried about your tongue or anything else, see a doctor instead of wringing your hands over it on an internet forum.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection!!!

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 06:46:03 am »
I know that i was given a timeout because of my repetitive posting but this will be my final post as i am planning to go for a test soon.its exactly ten weeks nw some of the symtoms still persist.

Final question is: had i been previously infected with Chlay/Gono but did not treat it,whould this change your assessment of the incident as described.

thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 06:55:08 am »
No, it wouldn't change a thing, you didn't have an exposure.

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 07:14:58 am »
thank you SIR

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 07:18:39 am »
Just to conclude-if i was suffering from an active std other than hiv at the time of the incident it would not affect the assessment, as the activities described in the OP is not a risk of transmission of HIV

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 07:25:38 am »
Just to conclude-if i was suffering from an active std other than hiv at the time of the incident it would not affect the assessment, as the activities described in the OP is not a risk of transmission of HIV
If you can't understand that you didn't have an exposure by now you will never be able to comprehend it.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 08:51:06 am »
That's right, if you had some other STD or illness it would not have made any difference regarding HIV. Nothing you have reported put you at risk for HIV transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 11:07:06 am »
HAVE BEEN PREPARING TO GET TESTED FOR 82 DAYS ALREADY, MY SEEMS TO GET THE BETTER OF ME>>IM JUST TOO SCARED.....SYMTOMS STILL PERSIST, WORST OF WHICH IS THE LOOSE STOOL, PAIN IN NODES,WHITE TONGUE AND BURNING SKIN......EVERYTHING POINTS TO HIV.....I KNOW THE RISK WAS LOW BUT THESE SYMPTOMS CANT BE IGNORED

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:08 am »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 12:02:42 pm »
It's not necessary to use all caps when writing to us. It doesn't get any greater attention to what you have to say. And we get that your anxious and worried. But using all caps is consider to be rude on the web as it is the equivalent of shouting.

It's only in your mind that "everything points to HIV," because you're in a state of HIV jitters. But ARS does not go on for weeks and weeks and there is nothing in any way HIV specific about any of your symptoms.

You have a little more waiting time until you can get tested and collect what I expect will be a conclusively negative result. But you do need to pay attention to Rod's warning about getting a Time Out for excessive writing about a non-risk incident.

Hang in a bit longer for that negative test result.
Andy Velez

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 01:57:03 am »
Sorry about the caps,didnt honestly didnt mean to be rude......i will hang in there for a couple more days....thanks again for reassurance Andy, think that is what i was looking for...im going to test even though you guys woudnt advise is for the level of risk.....will keep you posted..

Kindest Regards

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 08:17:25 am »
OK. Good luck to you.
Andy Velez

Offline abbyscared101

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2012, 01:26:38 am »
Yesterday i finally built up the courage to have the test done at exactly 14 weeks, but when i woke up i notice that my limbs and face had been covered by this weird red blotchy rash which freaked me out completely cause this was this only symptom that had not occurred since the low risk incident. This was totally discouraging, but off i went to the doctor. I was too overwhelmed by this and only got the symptom diagnosed which was Urficoria.....im so scared....how can all of this happen by just rubbing the vagina, i did not even insert my finger into the opening.....could it be that her cerrvical fluid found its way to the surface?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2012, 02:21:06 am »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2012, 06:02:07 am »
Abby,

Enough is enough already! You didn't have a risk - and hives are not an hiv-specific skin problem.

You have NOT had a risk and your test result is going to be negative. Stop indulging in all this drama - it's tedious.

I'm giving you that second time out you've been warned about - and this one will last for 56 days. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.