Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:18:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 521
Total: 521

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: NEED URGENT ADVICE  (Read 6410 times)

Offline harles

NEED URGENT ADVICE
« on: October 09, 2007, 06:27:26 pm »
I WAS DIAGONISED EARLY LAST YEAR WITH MY CD4 AT 950 WHILE THE VIRALLOAD WAS 15000.I LATER HAD ANOTHER TEST THREE MONTHS LATER WITH THE CD4 AT 10I8 WITH VIRAL LOAD INCREASING T0 53000.THE LAST ONE I DID WAS JUNE THIS YEAR WITH CD4 AT 1032 AND VIRAL LOAD AT 44346 I WAS GIVEN ANOTHER APPOINTMENT BY DECEMBER BUT AT PRESENT I AM HAVING A LOT OF PROBLEM I HAVE SOME LYMPHS ON MY NECK ARMPIT AND OTHER PARTS OF MY BODY AM ALSO FEELING THINGS EATING ME UP ON MY LOWER RIBS WHICH IS NOW ON BOTH SIDE, WITH ONE DEEPER THAN THE OTHER I COMPLAIN TO THE DOCTORS AND THEY SAID IS NOT THE HIV VIRUS.AS I AM WRITTING I AM FEELING THE PAINS BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO,PLEASE  I WANT TO KNOW MAYBE I AM ON THE WAY TO AIDS LEVEL AND WAY OUT PLEASE MY FAMILY IS COLLAPSING TOO AS MY WIFE AND TWO CHILDREN ARE ALWAYS SICK I AM NOT CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO TELL THEM TO GO FOR HIV TEST BECAUSE I AM DYING INTERNALLY ALREADY.PLEASE KINDLY DROP YOUR ADVICE AND MOREOVER I COULD NOT GET COUNSELLING FROM ANYWHERE THANKS.THE DOCTORS TOLD ME AM NOT DUE FOR DRUGS YET. 

Offline harles

Re: NEED URGENT ADVICE
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 06:53:58 pm »
PLEASE DO LEAVE YOUR ADVICE I MIGHT LOG OFF FOR SOME HOURS

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 07:15:43 pm »
Hi,

the numbers you presented are far from collapsing into AIDS diagnosis. Testing every 6 months is a bit far fetched though, so you could get a new set of tests done now to put your mind at ease since the last ones were done in June.

In any case, you should go see your doctor and get examined if you do not feel well. It's not because you are HIV positive that everything you feel or see on your body is due to HIV.

HIV is not eating your body, you cannot feel HIV.

Milker.

mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 07:32:50 pm »
Hi Harles

As you probably know your CD4 counts are very high which means that the doctors are right about the problem not being HIV. Treatment usually begins only when CD4s drop to 250-350 so you are doing well. Although your viral load is not very low it is not high either so you are OK there I think - maybe someone else can say something about that as I don't know much about this aspect.
No one can tell you what you have over the interent, I will just say that I often read of those "lymph" problems in people who are very afraid that they have HIV, so maybe in your case it is a fear of the disease progressing and guilt over your family that it making things more intense for you. But it could also be another thing, not related to HIV, only a doctor could tell you what these symptoms mean.
Anxiety does have a way of making symptoms seem worse than they are. The only way to find out is to see a doctor and show them the symptoms you describe. Anything else is just a suggestion but has no real basis.

From your question I understand that you have access to meds, although you don't need them now. I also undertstand that you have reason to think your family members might be positive and you're too afraid to tell them to test. But waiting in this case will only make everything much worse. There really is no choice but to get them tested, maybe you can speak to a doctor to help you with that. Didn't the doctors ask about your family? You mention you can't get councelling, I don't know where you live so it's hard for me to say but maybe again you could ask the doctor, the nurse, a local organization, or another patient like yourself? I know it's incredibly tough but all over the world, people have to ask their partners and also children to test. This is the sad reality and you are not the first or the last to have to do this. You will just have to do it. You know yourself what is right. You say that your family is collapsing, this is the only way to start working on fixing things, to find out first and foremost why they are not well.

I know there was not much I was able to say but hope this helps a little bit, and that you feel better soon, all the best to you & your family

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline harles

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 05:27:34 pm »
thanks for the advice i will see my doctor about the lymphs etc.but about my family iam confused because i dont want tohear any bad news

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 08:48:08 am »
It's not clear to me what your concern is about your family. Do you have the (mistaken) idea that you have passed HIV to them in some manner? Or some other illness?

Are you getting any counseling? It sounds to me as if you are struggling in an isolated way with various issues, which is a tremendous burden. Any AIDS service organization in your area ought to be able to help you with getting some support. So I am not clear on why you wouldn't have counseling available from somewhere.

Fill us in a bit more on what's happening if you will.  Maybe I'm just missing something here so if you can say some more about where you are geographically, etc., that would be helpful.

Wishing you well,
Andy Velez

Offline harles

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 07:53:10 pm »
thanks mr andy for the advice really when i was diagonised i feel like commiting suicide because i dont actually know when i contact the dieasise i only know that before i travelled for xmas and new year in 1985 idid not had any intercourse with no one except my wife so i was suprise to hear i am positive whereas my wife was negative.please how many months or year can one knows he has hiv because i learnt that the normal cd4 in each negative individual is about cd1400 and my own just drop to cd1014 please i will like to know about this

Offline bear60

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 07:56:47 pm »
......................modified to reflect my feelings
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 08:03:50 am by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 07:59:32 pm »
I'd get retested. Your CD4 count is absurdly healthy.
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline harles

Re: New test
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 09:47:41 pm »
I HAD MY DECEMBER TEST AND THE RESULT WAS OUT IN JANUARY SINCE I WAS TESTED POSITIVE EARLY 2006 AFTER SERIES OF CHECK UP IN 2006 WITHOUT ANYTHING APART FROM THE LYMPHS IN SOME PART OF MY BODY. THIS IS THE STASTIC AS FROM FEBUARY 2007 CD4  910 VIRAL LOAD 15,433 APRIL CD4 1018 VIRAL LOAD 53,341 JUNE CD4 1032 VIRAL LOAD 44,346 THE LAST ONE I DID WAS IN DECEMBER WITH CD4 1134 VIRAL LOAD 57,888.SINCE I HAVE BEING GOING TO THE HOSIPAL THE DOCTORS NORMALLY SAYS I AM OKAY BUT THE WAY I AM FEELING PAINS IS PATHETIC MOREOVER I NOTICED THE CAVLEG ON MY KNEE IS CONSUMING AND ALWAYS FEELING PAINS ALL OVER THE BODY, MY SKIN IS ALSO WRINKLING AND THE PENIS TOO, I WAS TOLD MY IMMUNE IS FINE BUT THE WAY THE VIRAL LOAD IS INCREASING I AM WORRIED I AM NOT ON MEDICATION YET, HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO KEEP THE VIRAL LOAD DOWN AND MY SKIN TO BE OKAY THE CAVLAGE TOO IS CONSUMING FAST WHAT CAN I DO.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 10:52:05 pm »
Harles, your post is hard to read.  When you post in all CAPS, you're shouting at us.  We hear you, dear.  You mention wrinkles.  How old are you?  Hell, I've got wrinkles and it ain't because of teh AIDS.  Your numbers look pretty good.  Your viral load is increasing, just watch that.  Your CD4s are unbelievable.  You must be doing something right.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 10:59:55 pm »
Personally, unless your numbers are mysteriously jumping down between test, then popping up when you get your levels...whatever is wrong with you is not from being poz. Your CD4 count is the same as a non infected person.

Oh and please stop yelling at us :)

Matt
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion
September 07 - CD4 402 VL 118000 25%
October 07 -     CD4 294 VL 124000 22%
November 07 - Norvir, Triuvada and Reyataz
December 07 -  CD4 355 VL  550 .... guess the meds are working.
January 08 - CD4 446 VL <48 undetectable!
April 08 - CD4 554 VL <48 undetectable!
July 08 - CD4 666 VL <48 undetectable! Hporay...I have devil CD4's

Offline harles

Re: how do i lower my viral load
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 08:39:57 pm »
 my last test shows cd41038 but the way the viral load is increasing is getting worse what can i do to lower it at present is 57,888 i am not on any drugs yet,but my body is almost gone please what can i do to lower it thanks and GOD BLESS

Offline Iggy

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 09:10:07 pm »
Harles,

What is your percentage?

Your CD4 is beyond great (on surface glance) and your viral load alone is not disturbing.  I managed a VL of 25-50K for almost 6 years withot meds.  Your percentage will give a better picture.

Offline harles

lowering my viral load
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 09:29:20 pm »
my great concern now is how to lower the viral load to cope with my cd4 of 1138 the viral load is increasing at high level now is 57,888.

Offline Iggy

Re: lowering my viral load
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 09:38:54 pm »
my great concern now is how to lower the viral load to cope with my cd4 of 1138 the viral load is increasing at high level now is 57,888.

Harles,

I appreciate your concern, but what you must learn to understand is that your CD4 is WAY above most people here on the board and is in fact higher than some people withot HIV.  And your VL while not undetectable is far from out of control

What is a more important gauge of your immune system is your % compared to your last %

Please let us know what your last couple of % numbers are.

In addition, I suggest you read the lessons section on test results: http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/BloodTest_5030.shtml

Offline harles

viral load
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 10:59:57 pm »
47,0%    ratio0,51%

Offline Iggy

Re: viral load
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 11:16:28 pm »
47,0%    ratio0,51

Wait a second.  Are you giving me your T4 % (my apologies that I didn't specify before)

Below is the description from the Lessons., but if you're T4% is 47%...well, I freakin' hate you for worrying...OK - not really, but by way of comparison mine is 16%. 

Please verify that you are talking about your t$%

What is the T4 Percentage?

If you look at your lab report, you will also see something called your CD4+ percentage (%). This is an important number for you and your doctor to know. In healthy adults, the number of T4 cells make up between 32% and 68% of the total number of lymphocytes—a large group of white blood cells that include T4 cells, T8 cells (see below), and B-cells. In fact, the lab uses the T4 percentage to determine the number of T4 cells in a sample of blood.

The T4 percentage is sometimes a more reliable measurement than the T4 count because it tends to vary less between measurements. For example, one person's T4 count may vary between 200 and 300 over a several month period while their T4 percentage remains constant at, say, 21%. Provided that the T4 percentage stays at 21% or higher, the immune system still appears to be functioning properly, regardless of what the T4 count is. At the same time, a T4 percentage at or below 13%—regardless of what the actual T4 count is—usually means that the immune system is damaged and that it is time to begin prophylactic treatment (drugs to prevent diseases) for opportunistic infections like PCP.

Offline harles

viral load
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 11:23:07 pm »
cd4 23,4%      cd4  1134

Offline Iggy

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 11:27:32 pm »
Those are some damn good numbers.  I think you should not worry at this stage, 

Seriously read the WHOLE Lessons section for some context of your numbers.

Offline harles

viral load
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 11:32:51 pm »
thanks iggy love to chat when next i am on want to sleep now is 6.30 a.m

Offline Iggy

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 11:37:20 pm »
As my hero, Archie Bunker would say, GOOD NIGHT NURSE.

You can always find me through the pm's

Sleep tight and sleep well - and have pleasant dreams.

Offline NLEWLAD

• Anything is possible, ANYTHING
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 08:24:54 am »
your cd4 is fine and your vl is ok viral loads can go into the millions
Simon - Location Manchester England
Negative test 10/11/07
Tested poz 28/12/07
Confirmed WB 07/01/08
Sero-converted Late December 07

Date        CD4            %              VL

7/01/08   1273 :)      N/A       100,232
24/01/08   755 :(      42%         4,010
13/2/08     922 :)      45%       78,234
09/04/08   652 :(      38%       36,604
05/05/08   936 :)      39%       38,952
07/07/08   844 :)      34%       24,000
12/11/08   753 :(      31%       45,600
no meds yet:)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 08:52:30 am »
Harles,

Have you discussed this with your doctor? Your CD4 numbers are fantastic and, especially in light of your CD4s, your viral load is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline planonstaying

• Hiv is the FOX,tcells the rabbit, CALL the HOUNDS!
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 03:14:22 pm »
I was diagnosed very early like you. I had real bad swollen gland issues for most of the first year and it included my chest glands.  I also had/have great Cd4s, cd4 % and VL numbers  You arent dieing. I finally relaxed when I shared my labs with a friend and he said he hadnt ever met anyone with as many CD4s as me.  People like you can go many years w/o even needing meds.  Have your family tested.  i'm nlt a Dr  but I would guess  you probably just got this nasty bugaboo  :'(
If someone tells you  potential consequences of a behavior  it  doesn't  mean they jude you or mit    they may just give a shit about you

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 01:46:43 am »
Wow that's a lot of numbers.

If I read correctly, you had a viral load of 15000, 44000, 55000. 15000 and 55000 is the same in terms of viral load. It can be hard to understand but trust me, it's the same.

You posted something being 40%, then posted your percentage being in the 20s. What was 40%?

If your percentage is in the 20s, and your CD4s are in the 1000s, then it could well be that your immune system is busy with something else than HIV. If you are not feeling well, and you said that you had problems, then talk to your doctor about those other symptoms. What you describe is not typical to HIV infection given the numbers that you mentionned.

As far as HIV infection, you seem to be doing well.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.