Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 11:08:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 132
Total: 132

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: what is the AMG?  (Read 6590 times)

Offline kellyspoppi

what is the AMG?
« on: October 26, 2007, 02:24:09 pm »
hi folks,

yesterday i spent some time on this site reading about the great time all you folks had out in san francisco and looking at your photos. one thing i noticed from the groups postings is that many of you are LTS's i've met in the forums.

since i am fairly new to the forums (less than a year), i must admit that my only understanding of what AMG means is something to do with aids meds.com, but other than that i'm clueless.

one thing i have noticed from your post frico trip posts is that some of you have been enlightened in one way or another from what transpired out there, similar to what happened to me at staying alive. disclosure and stigma seem to be heavy on a few of your minds.

it is with that thought in mind that i ask "who are you guys?" and "how do i join?"
i am very much in the same place with my hiv status as those of you who have posted recently on these issues. i'd like to know more about AMG.

kellyspoppi

Dan J.

Re: what is the AMG?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 02:59:06 pm »
AMG is an acronym of Aids Meds Gathering. the first gathering was in Toronto in 2005. In 2006 we had a gathering in Montreal & then this year we all got together in San Francisco.  There have been a few small "regional gatherings" One in Nashville in November 2006 & another small one in Amsterdam in Sept 06. The only affiliation with Aidsmeds.com is that it is ran & organized by the members, Aidsmeds does not have any "official" affiliation with this yearly event.

Dan

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 09:51:44 pm »
kellyspoppi,

You are here and that already makes you a member.  Keep watching this group and you will see how the next Gathering starts to develop.  Keep asking questions, there is always someone who will answer.

With warm regards, Ric

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 10:34:56 pm »
kellyspoppi,

I am so sorry, but my last post to your thread appeared to be a positive one.  This group has really shown their combined asses, yours truly included.  This is not what AMG is all about; now, in the past or with hope in the future.

I hope you will stick with us while we become united again.  Give us a little time.  I hope that this will be true.

Thanks for your interest in AMG, and with warm regards, Ric

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 12:36:23 am »
I hope you will stick with us while we become united again

We will Ric...we will.

Love and hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 10:08:13 pm »
Ric, Jan's right.....we'll all be united again, I am confident.

Kellyspoppi, AMG is a member-sponsored event, and similar to the forums, you get out of it what you are willing to put into it.   I have had a wonderful time in Nashville, Montreal, and San Francisco, and would not trade those experiences for anything.  Meeting our fellow forum members face to face is so empowering, and you really do make some incredible bonds of deep friendship.

hugs,
Alan

There's nowhere in the world that I would rather be
Than with you my love
And there's nothing in the world that I would rather see
Than your smile my love

For united we stand
Divided we fall
And if our backs should ever be against the wall
We'll be together, together, you and I
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.