Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:26:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 604
Total: 606

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Stones are coming to my town!!!  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Teresa

Stones are coming to my town!!!
« on: July 25, 2006, 06:21:45 pm »
Just heard on the news that the Rolling Stones are coming to my town Oct 2nd.

This is one old woman that is gonna be there!

The tickets haven't gone on sell yet and don't know how much they will be.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Stones are coming to my town!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 07:03:21 pm »
Hi Teresa

I hope you manage to get those tickets, I'm not so much a fan anymore, but I was in my teen years.

My first and last Stones concert experience was when I was 15 (July 1963) the tickets were a birthday present from my Grandmother, it was a disaster, about half an hour into the concert, a couple of  girls in front of me kept screaming and jumping up and down and I couldn't see anything..I did ask them a few times to stop, but they wouldn't listen and told me to "F**k Off" and that's when I decked one of them, all hell broke loose and one of the bouncers hauled me out of there....I never did tell my grandmother... :D

I hope you have a better time than I did... ;)

Hugs
Jan :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 09:33:38 pm »
LOL Jan  :D

I don't think i will have that problem as they aren't much to look at anymore. I just want to hear them one last time. I have always been a fan and I just love their 40 licks CD.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06

Offline Darkfiber

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 11:21:56 am »
teresa

In Switzerland, where they are playing at the 5th of August the concert is sold out (within hours) with 80'000 fans and this eventhough the cheapest ticket was around the equivalent of US$ 120.--.

Seem like those old guys still making lots of money, don't they....

Regards

Darkfiber

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 11:31:36 am »
Teresa if im not mistaken you are NEAR ME!  What town?  Im in KC.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Teresa

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 01:19:03 pm »
Wichita..they are coming Oct 2
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 01:46:42 pm »
I was dying to watch the Rolling Stones but the ticket prices over here were absolutely astronomical well out of my price range.  Hope you enjoy the gig if you get to go though!
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 01:58:44 pm »
How do you spot the Rolling Stones tour bus? It's the one in the left lane with the blinker on. LOL

Hope you can go to the concert it would be great to see the grandpappy's of rock-n-roll strut their stuff.

My fave Stones album is Let It Bleed.

Dan

Offline Basquo

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 08:27:12 pm »
They announced Tuesday that they will play Zilker Park in Austin, same venue as the Austin City Limits Music Festival. They have a lot on their side as this will probably be the "final" tour (don't reference Cher) and they've never played Austin.

Unfortunately, the price for General Admission is estimated to be over $100.  If I win tickets on the radio, I'll reschedule my road trip; otherwise, I'll be somewhere between Tennessee and Kansas!

Offline Teresa

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 10:32:34 pm »
I heard something on the news about the tickets being discounted 10 - 15%. Still havent heard a price yet.

My son wants to go also..The last time I went to a concert with one of my kids was when I took my daughter to see New Kids On The Block when she was about 10....LOL
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.