Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 09:37:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 149
Total: 150

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Semen on hand - eye contact  (Read 19583 times)

Offline wrried1234

Semen on hand - eye contact
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:10:00 am »
I recently masturbated with anotner male who ejaculated on me. I masturbated and then (within a few mins later) removed my contacts. I realized this is a risk....when should I test?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Semen on hand - eye contact
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 10:13:21 am »
wrried,

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection and you do NOT need to test over this specific incident.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

Here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER THIS SPECIFIC INCIDENT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 10:17:00 am »
But has there been any incidents of semen in eye causing HIV? Does the fact that it is indirect contact make a difference?

Also - I am uncircumcised...any change in risk from mutual masturbation?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 10:48:39 am »
wrried,

No, there have been no cases of infection from semen in the eye. Why would there be when it is not a risk?

The only time being uncircumcised might make a difference is if you do not use a condom when having anal or vaginal intercourse. Masturbation is absolutely NOT a risk for hiv infection, even if cum or pre-cum is used as a lube, and even if you're uncircumcised.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 02:57:37 pm »
Thanks,

Semen in eye directly is not a risk either? Semen on hands (indirect) and then  with eyes is less of a risk...but Ann, are you saying BOTH are zero risk?

I have seen some conflicting information online...(I know you can attest to material on this site only..)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 03:22:02 pm »
You never had an exposure. Kindly move along.

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 03:34:38 pm »
OK...I am concerned because of how you all on this site KNOW that mutual masturbation with semen AND semen in EYE is not a risk.,,,,Is there data to supprot this?

I am freaking out...I took a rapid HIV finger prick test...25 days (Negative)...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 03:54:06 pm »
wrried,

There have been studies of poz/neg couples where the negative partners never became infected and all they did to protect their status was to use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse.

Mutual masturbation is a very common activity and if it were a risk, some of those negative partners would not have remained negative. Neither would my ex-partner - he's still negative despite over eight years of sex with me.

Getting semen in the eye is also a very common occurrence and I'm quite sure it happened to some of the couples in the studies. There were three studies involving hundreds of couples and the longest one went on for ten years.

You did NOT have a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 08:06:33 am »
Sorry...I am still trying to get myself together....

1. Was semen in eye ever a risk? I understand that occupational settings it still is.

2. In my case, I *may* have had others semen on hands before removing contacts...(30 secs-2 mins later...cant remember)so still NO RISK? I am struggling to understand why it is in occupational settings and not in my case....

3. No risk from sharing toothbrushes either?

Thank you Ann.....am afriad of telling wife...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 08:44:45 am »
wrried,

In a medical setting, if a person is brought into the emergency room gushing blood, and that blood splashes directly into an unprotected eye, there is a small concern.

However, that situation could not be more different to your situation.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, very small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. Hiv would not remain viable on your fingers.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 04:32:02 pm »
Sorry...I understand my no-risk situation....

I assume this applies to my toothbrush sharing question as well?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 04:39:15 pm »
Yes, it does.
Andy Velez

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 04:53:19 pm »
Ann, Andy,

Thank you. To clarify, I am at no risk at all from mutual masturbation, semen in eye OR toothbrush?

Thank you. I understand my warning and this will be last post.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 06:26:21 pm »
That's right. NOT AT RISK.

And this IS your last warning before a Time Out. 
Andy Velez

Offline wrried1234

Cut on lip
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 07:32:08 am »
I had some residual semen on my hand after mutually masturbating. I also had a small cut on my lip. I inadvertently put my hand to my mouth to get some spit for lube...my hand contacted the small cut. Is this a risk?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 08:20:11 am »
I've merged your threads here. Please follow the rule of the site and keep any future entries in this same thread.

Again, you are worrying unnecessarily. HIV is a fragile virus and is very quickly rendered ineffective when exposed to the air. You've been told that before.

You seem to have a lot of anxiety around your sexual experiences. You might find it worthwhile to see a therapist or counselor to discuss your excessive concern. The only confirmed sexual risks for the transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Use condoms consistently for those activities and you will be well and effectively protected against HIV transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 02:54:40 pm »
I am seeing a counsellor....however, I haev some other concerns

I recently mutually masturbated with another male who ejaculated on my thigh. A small portion of semen ran down my leg - there is a slight chance that some made it to my anus in <30 secs. In the past, I have had anal fissures (some blood after going to bathroom). I do not recall any blood that day after going to the bathroom, but I am not sure. I asked the guy if he had been tested and he said yes and he had engaged in nothing but mutual masturnation or some oral and was "very careful" since his last negative test 5 months ago

There was no penis to anus contact nor penetratio

1. Is there any chance of the semen that reached my anus infecting me? With an active fissure?
2. Does no penetration = no risk?
3. Has anyone ever been infected in this manner?
4. Would you recommend getting tested?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 04:48:03 pm »
I am seeing a counsellor....however, I haev some other concerns

I recently mutually masturbated with another male who ejaculated on my thigh. A small portion of semen ran down my leg - there is a slight chance that some made it to my anus in <30 secs. In the past, I have had anal fissures (some blood after going to bathroom). I do not recall any blood that day after going to the bathroom, but I am not sure. I asked the guy if he had been tested and he said yes and he had engaged in nothing but mutual masturnation or some oral and was "very careful" since his last negative test 5 months ago

There was no penis to anus contact nor penetratio

1. Is there any chance of the semen that reached my anus infecting me? With an active fissure?
2. Does no penetration = no risk?
3. Has anyone ever been infected in this manner?
4. Would you recommend getting tested?

That's right, no penetration means you were not at risk. Contact with semen at the outside of your anus is not a risk.

Once again you are worrying needlessly and there is no need for testing. 
Andy Velez

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 05:01:25 pm »
even if I had an active fissure?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 06:49:56 pm »
even if I had an active fissure?
As Andy advised, you never had a risk. HIV is not transmitted outside its host.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 09:53:20 pm »
I am going to warn you now that if you come back with more what ifs about this non-risk situation you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out from the site.

You did not have a risk. Period. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 09:28:05 pm »
I mutually masturbated with another male who may have been HIV+. He ejaculated on me and I masturbated and finished. I tried not to use his cum as lube...but some may have gotten under my foreskin.

1. If I didnt shower for 24 hrs and had unprotected sex with my wife and am uncircumsized, can I infect her? I have heard that HIV may live or remain active under foreskin...no changes in temp or exposure to air. I remember showering, but may not have cleaned under my skin thoroughly....

2. Are there any cases where one person is merely a carrier of HIV and not infected themselves?

3. Should my wife get tested over this?

Minimum of 24 hrs passed between my mutual session and sex with wife...

I tested with a duo test at 30 days after this and came back negative...I know mutual masturbation is no risk...but what about my wife?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 09:31:13 pm »
Again, you've never had a risk of contracting HIV. HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 09:35:08 pm »
i have read on medhelp in the expert forum and thebody that semen can stay active under foreskin....

Is this different? in what way?

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 09:37:00 pm »
My question was posed as a risk to wife...not to me. I was tested and negative...wondering if I can be a carrier..

Thanks!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 09:38:20 pm »
Sorry but you haven't read that on Medhelp and I don't know about the body.  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 09:40:28 pm »
You cannot transmit something you don't have. The only way your wife could be infected is by having unprotected anal or vaginal sex with someone else or sharing works with others.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 09:41:52 pm »
My question was posed as a risk to wife...not to me. I was tested and negative...wondering if I can be a carrier..

Thanks!

Worried,

How can you pose a risk to your wife for a virus that you do not have?  If you are negative then you cannot infect other people, the logic is pretty simple.

You have been warned about this and still you come back with additional questions even though you have a negative result.  This cannot continue.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 09:45:17 pm »
I may not have the virus...but it may have been under my foreskin due to the mutual masturbation...I am not sure I was clear...sorry for clarifying...

I was referring to just transmitting the virus under my foreskin and not being infected myself. Under my foreskin would be protected from air and maintain body temp...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 09:48:37 pm »
What part of you never had a risk is it that you don't understand? You cannot give your wife anything you don't have. Reread the following.

HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2011, 09:50:06 pm »
OK...so I have to be infected to transmit...not just be a carrier?

Ann, Andy,

Do you concur?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2011, 09:52:52 pm »
Reread the replies Ann and Andy have all ready given you.

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 05:57:09 am »
Ann and Andy had replied to risk to me.....

So theres NO WAY I could have transmitted? I am a living host so I could transmit, no?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 06:37:03 am »
wrried,

No, you could NOT have been carrying active hiv inside your foreskin and then passed it on to your wife. It doesn't work that way. You don't have hiv and you could not have passed it on to your wife.

Give it up and get on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 08:04:08 am »
...not only are you not at risk and a non-risk because you can't be a carrier of something you don't have, I am going to warn you that if you continue to return about this non-issue, you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out from the site.

HIV is not your problem. Cut it out and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2011, 06:42:15 pm »
Last follow up:

I am HIV neg but....If there was semen under my foreskin that was HIV+ and my wife gave me oral, is she at risk? If her gums bleed?

Also, if she was on her period when we had unprotected intercourse...any risk?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2011, 07:08:55 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out, which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline wrried1234

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2011, 09:22:59 pm »
OK...so I assume all scenarios are no-risk..?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2011, 10:18:36 pm »
That's right, all of your fanciful scenarios are non-risk. Period.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.