Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:55:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 157
Total: 159

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Whores' Blossoms and Other Things  (Read 9064 times)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Whores' Blossoms and Other Things
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:55:23 pm »
Dear Economy Class Passengers,

The electric telephone is a wonderful invention. This very morning, as Matty the Damned was finishing his breakfast mojito (the rum warms him in the winter amongst other places), he used it to call the galleon chested Frau Eva with a view to enquiring after his latest blood test results.

And as chance would have it (or maybe the clinic facsimile machine) they had arrived.

As always a little perspective is in order. My results from April this year:

VL: <40 therefore undetectable
CD4 absolute: 144
CD4 %: 12

The most recent (July):

VL: <40 therefore undetectable
CD4 absolute: 120
CD4%: Unknown (to be advised)

This means a couple of things. Firstly, the Frau and I agree that even in the absence of a percentage the CD4 result indicates no real change. Coupled with a second consecutive undetectable VL this means I can finally jettison the hateful AZT component of my regimen!

Fuck off Trizivir, welcome Kivexa!

In other news, I'm antibody positive for Herpes Simplex Virus Types 1 and 2 and now officially have the butt-herpes. Also, my cholesterol is a bit high at 5.8 and my triglycerides are WAY high at 5.5.

Whilst talking to the Frau, I took the opportunity to ask after Nervous Indian Student. Some of you may recall he had something of a baptism of fire in that dark font I like to call my bunghole.

MtD: Oh I was wondering, how is NIS doing?
Eva: Ever since last Monday he's been considering pursuing gynaecology as a specialty.
MtD: No doubt. Has he asked after me?
Eva: Not really. When ever we mention you, he starts to sweat and has to sit down.

No sinew at all these young doctors. Where do they find them?

Toodles!

MtD

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Re: Whores' Blossoms and Other Things
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:14:57 pm »
My Dearest Matty,

I thought I would respond before twisting one up since your health is of great concern to me. I am sorry to hear about your butt herpes. What does Frau have in mind? Is there any remedy or relief to be had? Congrats on giving the azt the boot and moving on to what must be better meds.

As far as the NIS goes, I think it's funny as hell that he now wants to be a gyn. And I told you that they would have conversations about you after that last appointment...Stop scaring the staff, man.... ;D

Fondly,
Queenie
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 09:15:37 pm »
Great news Matty, but my stomach is hurting from laughing about the NIH student. You're a trip. How's the B/P is it coming down? HSV 1 and 2. You were always one to go all the way.  ;)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:32:33 pm »
Yairs, poor old NIS. Who would have thought that Matty the Damned's Dark Hole was so much scarier than the Black Hole of Calcutta?

The BP still sucks horribly. Todays reading stands at 159/117. Substantially lower though. I'll chase up a permanent solution with my GP Lady Jane next week. As for the whores' blossoms, I have some Valtrex on standby for that and Lady Jane will issue an authority prescription should I need one.

It's nice that my mangina is such a conversation starter (or stopper, as the case may be) not just here in Boolaboolabongbong, but all over the world.

:-*

MtD

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:35:04 pm »
It's my duty to check that booty..... ;)

(who only does it for her "peeps") ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 09:38:30 pm »
Matty on the subject of mojito. Have you seen the commercial of the guy smashing the lime in the glass and he stops and everyone stops dancing? Now that is my type of guy. He could cause me to start drinking again.  :D

Offline scud44

• I am watching you
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 10:30:57 pm »
Dear Matty,
I was pleased to see that your BP had dropped to a more liveable level.

I was also pleased that NIS hasn't given up medicine altogether - just male patients!

Good luck over there from Tassie

Regards
Scud44
CD4 = 110 - 30 July 2007 - 10%
VL = 139000 - 30 July 2007
CD4 = 252 - 6th August 2007
VL = 16400 - 23rd August 2007
CD4 = 240 - 23rd August 2007
VL = 400 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 96 - 4th Sept 2007
CD4 = 120 18th Sept 2007
VL = 386000 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 160 19th Nov 2007
CD4 = 110 10th Jan 2008
CD4 = 311 29th Jan 2008
VL = <50 29th Jan 2008
CD4 = 148 2nd April 2008
VL = 110,000 2nd April 2008
June 2010 and nothing has improved

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 10:45:29 pm »
Matty on the subject of mojito. Have you seen the commercial of the guy smashing the lime in the glass and he stops and everyone stops dancing? Now that is my type of guy. He could cause me to start drinking again.  :D

Loves that commercial...I think the music does it for me....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 11:05:49 pm »
Right Queen, it's the music.  ;)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 05:56:53 am »
Types 1 and 2?

~tsk tsk tsk~

Such a greedy git!

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 06:52:09 am »
Matty, congrats on moving off Trizivir. 

Hope el herpo doesn't visit often. 

BTW.... cholesterol medication can have some pretty vile side effects, should Die Frau decide to put you on it.  If you suddenly feel like you have seroconversion sickness all over again, feel week, and every muscle in your body aches... let her know and get off of it.

Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 09:13:26 am »
I'm on Kivexa too, without major problems. Good luck with that one!

On a sidenote: I'm curious about the lady who you seem to have a sincere love-hate thing going on with. Is she really of teutonic origin as your frequent reference implies?
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 09:49:09 am »
As always, dear Matty, you bring a certain charm to us from above whenever you post about your health. You'll have to forgive the torrents of laughter you may hear from down here. You've officially got the butt flowers, eh? There's a couple of options for those. You can have perky Frau lavish your love canal with liquid fire, there's a couple of prescriptions such as Aldara that you can apply yourself, or there's always the loving surgeon who will most graciously ream you a new one - literally.

I do have one question about the NIS though. I've often wondered if the same holds true for GYNs and Proctologists that holds true for other professions.

Phone operators don't like talking on the phone when they get off work.
Computer Techs don't like working on computers when they get off work.

Ergo, if it does, it must suck to be the GYNs (male) and Proctologist's (gay male) partner because if they are looking at them all day, why would they want to look at their partner's when they get home?

Best regards, oh beloved beacon of light
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:51:29 am by MoltenStorm »
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 02:26:33 pm »
Coupled with a second consecutive undetectable VL this means I can finally jettison the hateful AZT component of my regimen!

Fuck off Trizivir, welcome Kivexa!

MtD: Oh I was wondering, how is NIS doing?
Eva: Ever since last Monday he's been considering pursuing gynaecology as a specialty.
MtD: No doubt. Has he asked after me?
Eva: Not really. When ever we mention you, he starts to sweat and has to sit down.

No sinew at all these young doctors. Where do they find them?

Toodles!

MtD

Am i the only one who finds the word "vex" in Kivexa to be comical? Who names these things?

Anything that gets you off the AZT calls for a round of Mojitos for all.

Rod- the bartender's not crushing lime...I believe it's mint leaves.

The fact that MtD's puckerhole has forced NIS into swearing off all man-man contact made my morning tea feel all sparkly and aglow.

Brent
(Who loves MtD so much more than kittens)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 03:19:04 pm »
Brent, it doesn't change his looks.  ;)  I wonder too, why Matty didn't tell him about the echo?
NIH- Oh lady who
echo- any ole guy will do  ;)

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 07:08:38 pm »
Welcome to the Virus in Every Orifice Club!   ;D

Drew

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 04:55:45 am »
Dear MtD:

Haapy to hear AZT gets the boot. But, you bully!...getting rid of these young Docs has got to stop.

LMAO as usual.
Daddy J

(who has had some rocket fuel up his arse a time or two.)

"Ground control to Major Tom"

Positive since 1985

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 12:01:26 pm »
Fuck off AZT indeed...and good riddance! See...only MtD can make Miss Melia swear properly without asterisks! ::) Even though it still aint fab yet, glad to hear your BP's down some, Mattymoo. Do what you can to take care of your cholesterol and triglyngadingdongs though, sweetie. Any more thoughts about giving up the fags...? ;D Muchas giggles at NIS titbits btw. :D

Love, huggles n smooches

Little Miss Melia :-*
(who can't spell medical words and loves her Matty as much as kittens)

Edited to add: PS - Hey! We now have 2 viruses in common...how splendid! ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 12:04:35 pm by sweetasmeli »
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 05:16:52 pm »
Is AZT still being prescribed? 
I guess I am becoming sort of jaded  ::)

Rich
(who remembers when there was only AZT)
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 09:27:33 pm »
Hey Matty:
  Glad your BP came down some, but it definitely needs to be lower.  I do hope that your doc can find the right medicine to bring it down.  Congrats on your viral load.  I hope the new medicine works out for you.  That was fuckin' hilarious about the NIS.  Now, see what you caused him to do-  switch over to women!  :D :D   I do hope your bunghole feels better soon!
Kisses-
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 12:20:10 am »
Dearest Matty,

Type 1 and 2, plus a great bounty of whore's blossoms. Well, I always knew you never did anything half-assed.  ;D

As for the NIS,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keep an eye on the blood pressure and, as our Puck stated, if you begin taking a statin and start feeling nasty, call Frau Eva or your other doc immediately. Been there, done that, ended up jumpstarting my PN.

Is AZT still being prescribed? 
I guess I am becoming sort of jaded  ::)

Rich
(who remembers when there was only AZT)

Yep, they are still prescribing it. In fact, I'm still taking it. It is a very good drug if you can tolerate it, but can be a pain if you cannot.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 02:58:48 am »
Indeedy Comrade Mark!

AZT is an excellent drug and the fact that it's still used so commonly today when more modern anti-virals have lapsed into some level of disuse is a testament to it's efficacy.

Matty the Damned has only two problems with AZT:

• It requires twice daily dosing and he is less the puritan in his adherence;
  • It gives him a terrible headache.

Otherwise he'd stay on the dratted stuff.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.