Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:32:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 379
Total: 381

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: 4th Generation Tests  (Read 99309 times)

Offline fred

Re: 4th Generation Tests
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2006, 11:44:24 am »
But some people do take longer than 13 weeks to seroconvert. I have suffered from anxiety/depression for many years and fear this has damaged my immune system to the extent that I have not yet produced antibodies.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2006, 11:49:31 am »
Like I said, We can be of no further help to you. You have your negative results and that's all there is to it.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2006, 11:51:22 am »
Apparently, some people with collapsed immune systems take longer to seroconvert. However badly you feel, however much you are depressed, you are NOT in that category with chemotherapy patients, patients on immunosuppressive drugs for organ transplants, or laying on your deathbed.

I am so sorry you are clinging to the one pathogen you do not have. But this forum has exhausted it's efforts concerning your irrational fear. I sincerely hope you find peace. You will not, I submit, find it here.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline fred

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2006, 12:15:50 pm »
Ok. I can see that you have exhausted your efforts.

I am so sorry to have been a pain in the butt like this.

I think I have to do something else to resolve whatever it is that is causing;

a) my fear
b) my symptoms

Thankyou so much for all your patience and advice.

Fred

Offline fred

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2006, 05:30:51 am »
My wife woke this morning with headache, sore throat, nausea etc. 1 week after we had unprotected sex.

What on earth is going on here folks ?

I am so upset and scared, I rang the Samaritans this morning, they just said "why not get another test done to be sure" ....Great, that helped...

Sorry but I really feel like there is no-one else who knows as much as you guys about all of this. But is there any possibility that my 13 week 2 day Neg. could be wrong ?

Fred.

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2006, 05:58:15 am »
Fred,

Whatever is happening with your and your wife's bodies, take solice from the fact that you have eliminated hiv as the cause.

Your 13 week negative result is conclusive.  You are hiv negative.

Work with your doctor to get to the bottom of your health issues.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline fred

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2006, 06:50:57 am »
You don't think PCR would nail it once and for all ?

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2006, 07:08:18 am »
Fred,

Nail what??

You have conclusively tested negative for hiv!  Period.  Full stop.

Time to celebrate!   ;D

Morgan

Morgan Landers

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2006, 07:35:20 am »
Fred,

I'm curious: have you asked yourself, over the last few weeks, why you aren't accepting the fact that you're HIV negative? If you have, what's the anwer been? What do you think is a rational explanation for your irrationality (apart from being prone to anxiety and panic)?

Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline fred

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2006, 09:38:10 am »
Lydgate,

That, I am afraid, is the hardest question to answer.

My personal view is;

I want certainty in life....something that doesn't exist.
certainty would mean I would not have to take responsibility for the choices I make.
Searching for something impossible (certainty) makes me miserable and anxious.
Making yourself miserable and anxious is a way of passing on the responsiibility of being happy and content to someone else.
I am afraid of being happy and content.
The minute you achieve happiness and contentment you are vulnerable.
To protect myself from being happy, I choose the search for certainty as a suitable vehicle for invoking fear.
And the circle is complete.

If my fear was not of catching HIV it would be, and has been,  MS, Flying, Losing My Job, Being Crap At Sex whatever.
There are lots of external causes I can attach my need to. The thing is with HIV, I have conducted an act that most certainly could have led to infection and that gives my irrationality, in my mind at least, rationality.

The causes for this need are the lessons I learnt whilst growing up. Although by some standards not a big deal, my teenage years taught me an awful lot of bad habits. I struggle to find anyone with enough intelligence, patience or insight that can help me unlearn these lessons. I try to do it myself, but it's a bit like teaching yourself how to play the piano. You can get so far but then your technique lets you down.....

I hope this makes sense and is at least rationally explained even if the output of applying this logic appears irrational.

Thanks for indulging me.

Fred.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2006, 10:17:50 am »
Your quest for clarity and peace is understandable. But, this is not the place for you to deal with your personal issues, which in reality have nothing to do with HIV.

Life is under the best of circumstances too short to spend on being unhappy.

You're right about learning the piano by yourself. You can only go just so far. It applies here as well as you seem to realize. Get yourself some professional help to sort things out with.

This is not the venue for you to do that in.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline fred

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2006, 02:40:56 am »
If my wife & I's symptoms could only dissapear, I could move on.

Now I fear I have infected her. We have two small children.

Am now considering a test at 15 weeks and/or PCR.

Is this just craziness or is there any merit in this approach ?

How many people test +ve after 13 weeks.

Thanks,

Fred.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2006, 03:37:24 am »
Your wife's symptoms are unrelated to you. You tested negative so move on with your life. We don't want any more "buts" or "what ifs". Just move on. If you can't seek mental help from a mental health professional.

Offline fred

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2006, 04:36:25 am »
I just need to know that I can absolutely rely on my results thats all.

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2006, 05:03:29 am »
Fred,

Let me ask another question: how many assurances are you going to need, how many definite and definitive responses will it take? Another 50? Another 100? A 1,000?

Read your previous response. You end by saying "Thanks for indulging me." Well, you're welcome -- up to a point. Read your previous response again. Don't you, as an intelligent man, think that you need to address  the issues you mention there rather than posting here, or getting tested for no rational reason whatsoever?

Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline fred

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2006, 11:17:12 am »
The two issues can exist side by side.

I am so worried I have infected my wife...I really am in despair as to what to do next.

She has gone to bed this afternoon with headache, sore throat, fatigue exactly one week after we had unprotected intercourse.

Can this really just be coincidence ?

Why do some sites say 6 months to test....are you guys supremely confident about the 3 month window ?

Fred.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2006, 02:22:29 pm »
Yes, it is 3 months period.. Your wife can't have gotten anything from you because you are NEGATIVE. You seriously need to seek out a mental health professional. Instead of coming to this forum.

Offline fred

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2006, 10:33:43 am »
jkinatl2,

Do you have any data that details the prevelance of seroconversion past 3 months ?

Thanks,

Fred.

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2006, 10:41:59 am »
Fred,

Do a search you'll see JK has written many times on that.  If you need a personal reassurance well...carry on with the same ol same ol.

You are confusing your guilt with HIV hysteria and developing FRAIDS.  You are asking questions you know the answers to so you have a minutes peace before you talk yourself into another frenzy.

Stop it and get help.  Being afraid you infected your wife ISN'T noble at this point.
Sae.

Meh.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2006, 10:48:44 am »
I have just finished re-reading this thread. I suggest that fred do the same. It reads like a Joseph Conrad novel, where the drumbeats of insane and irrational thought overwhelm every attempt made by compassion and science to overcome that incessant rhythm.

I sincerely wish you peace, Fred. I do not think you will find it here.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline fred

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2006, 11:06:58 am »
I do think you are being a little unfair on me.

What is irrational about thinking that I could seroconvert after 90 days and that I could therefore have infected my wife on the 92nd day ?

I am not trying to be noble.

Please help me see why what I am thinking is irrational.
If I knew that seroconversion after 90 days simply doesnt happen then that I accept, it would be irrational, but nobody here is saying it absolutely doesn't and there are places that refer to the window being upto six months....

Please, please tell me what is irrational in my thinking ?

Fred.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2006, 06:28:53 pm »
What is irrational is asking the same people the same questions over and over, as if the answers will change.

Welcome Thread

Offline fred

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2006, 12:49:38 pm »
Folks,

I have been very stupid.

I recognise now that I must be in some way mentally unstable.

Yesterday I ordered a DNA-PCR, results in 5 days.

Today, I had another negative RapidTest (fingerprick). The nurses etc at THT stated that this
is definite and conclusive and the test is 100% at 12 weeks let alone 15.

This is all so stupid, a waste of so many peoples time and energy, including my own.

If the PCR comes back as positive, will it definately be a false positive given my negative
testing out to 15 weeks ?

This is so fucking crazy I can't believe I did it. The fear was just so intense, I felt I had to do
something.

Please see through my behaviour and find compassion to answer me.

I know I probably don't deserve any more of your time and that I have been a real twat.

Fred

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2006, 01:18:29 pm »
What ever happened you let it happen. A PCR test is not a diagnostic test. We don't ever recommend a PCR test. After 72 questions and answers and you want compassion? If you want compassion try getting from your wife. You've had your negative results, it's time for you to move on so that we can deal with people that have had a risk and have not got there testing done or results back. You're NEGATIVE and that's final.

Offline fred

« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2006, 06:48:30 am »
DNA-PCR is a diagnostic test. It's RNA-PCR that is not.

I know I've pissed you lot off...I'm sorry.

With all the conflicting information out there, is it not surprising that people question their results ?

People want to know they are OK in order that they can move on and ensure they don't put others at risk, particularly those that they love.

I know you guys bear the brunt of this because you allow a high
degree of interaction between yourselves and people like me.

I really appreciate everything you have done for me. The PCR test was ordered because of my fears over passing on HIV to my wife. Surely you can understand that.

I can pretend to know about the science of HIV etc. but when it comes down to it, it appears that people who have experience of HIV or working in HIV profer information that sometimes differs from organisations that supposedly are there to protect us.

You hope that those organisations prime focus is an individuals health, but I suppose the reality is that economics, politics & religion underpin it all and it is the health of a population, not the individual, that matters.

Its so difficult to find a consistent single source of truth about HIV, whether it be in relation to testing, window periods, transmission whatever.

I recognise that I have made a mistake with the PCR and am now even more of a nervous wreck than I was before.

Feel free to say I told you so.

Fred.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2006, 06:52:23 am »
Fred, where is the information that DNA-PCR is approved by the FDA to diagnosis HIV in the newly infected person.

Offline fred

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2006, 07:09:44 am »
Your quite right Rod, it is not FDA approved.

It is used to aid diagnosis though, even if not FDA approved.

My fear is that my body is either not producing antibodies, or not in sufficient quantity, or speedily enough for detection via standard ELISA at 15 weeks.

That fear has deep rooted, probably irrational causes. However, I have to;

a) either prove my fear wrong or
b) accept my fear and live with the doubt

Because of the nature of this disease, i.e. infectious it seems intolerable and irresponsible to live with the doubt.

That is why I went in search of the DNA-PCR, which would prove that, whatever is, or is not, going on with antibodies, I either have, or have not, acquired HIV.

I know this probably seems weak to you, I infer that from your frustration in your posts to me, but I cannot, in a single moment, change from being the person I am, to the person I would like to be.

Fred.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2006, 07:20:02 am »
It is used to aid diagnosis though, even if not FDA approved.

Fred,

No, it isn't. It is normally only used AFTER a person has tested positive on the antibody tests.

Let's just hope you don't get a false positive result.

You are already conclusively negative and you are heading for a time out. Please read the posting guidelines and pay particular attention to the comments about time outs.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline fred

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2006, 07:32:47 am »
Let's just hope I don't get a true positive result.

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2006, 09:31:53 am »
Fred,

You really don't listen.  A true positive result isn't possible, but....aren't I playing into what you wanted to hear....*sigh* yes I suppose I am.

You know what makes me angry?  People like you who are negative who walk around moaning about being positive, when you aren't and it isn't even possible that you are.  Its a huge insult to people who ARE positive and simply trying to deal with it all.  You have a real true gift of a negative status and instead you waste days of your life INVENTING reasons why you are the lightening strike positive result.

Maybe you'd feel better if you were positive.  Then you will have received IN YOUR MIND what you think you deserve.  Problem is, no one deserves HIV.

If you paid for this latest test....too bad that money couldn't have been donated somewhere useful....if you didn't....too bad someone else paid for it (Insurance or whatever) when those funds could be directed elsewhere.  What a shame.  You could use that money for therapy...and maybe for therapy for those of us who beat our heads against the wall trying to talk sense into you.

Now I need a time out.
Sae.
Meh.

Offline fred

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2006, 09:53:56 am »
Hey,

Calm it down. If I insult someone that is not intentional.
I am not playing a game here.

You think I'm happy with myself ?

You think an alcoholic is happy with himself
You think a heroin addict is happy with himself ?
You think a gambler is happy with himself ?
You think a sex addict is happy with himself ?
You think an obsese person is happy ?
You think an anorexic is happy ?

Would you be angry at them ?

I obviously have problems and knowing that I have pissed off the people that are helping makes me feel shitty.

I realise that this site is not here to address these problems but they do feed into a legitimate concern relating to unprotected vaginal intercourse

apart from your judgement of me, I thank you for your response

Get off that high horse.

Now I am timed out.

Fred

P.S. Lightening strikes are actually quite common.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 09:56:47 am by fred »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2006, 10:06:16 am »
Fred I'm sorry to say, you've worn out your welcome here. You have 80 posts. Seek out your questions with your doctor and seek help from a mental health professional.

Offline fred

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2006, 10:07:49 am »
I will.

Thankyou.   ....and I'm truly sorry.

Offline Darkfiber

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2006, 10:08:33 am »

P.S. Lightening strikes are actually quite common.

Yes, but to stay with your metaphor: You can only be hit by lightening if there is a storm. You on the other side are standing in sunshine waiting for lightening to strike you. That chance really is minimal. But you can get sunburned ofcourse...

You are HIV negative. Be happy!

Regards

Darkfiber

« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 10:11:57 am by Darkfiber »

Offline Darkfiber

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2006, 10:10:06 am »
Sorry double post...

Offline fred

« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2006, 10:41:47 am »
DNA-PCR = not detected
RNA-PCR = not detected

I think the best way of thanking you and apologising for my behaviour is to never darken your doorstep again....

Much Respect..

Fred.

Offline fred

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2006, 08:06:02 am »
Due to a recent thread in the forum.....

Geographic Tongue, which I have had since 7 weeks post exp.

This shyster has re-awakened my fears....

Is his supposition that Geographic Tongue is a sign of HIV complete b**locks ?

I had just about reconciled myself and was starting to wean myself off all this HIV fear stuff.
I'm sure I must have covered all the bases with the excessive testing I have done.

Thanks,

Fred

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2006, 08:10:19 am »
Fred,

You are reliably hiv negative.

How about taking some responsibility for your own actions. This "shyster" didn't reawaken your fears, YOU did that to yourself by coming to this forum.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline fred

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2006, 05:55:08 am »
Ann,

Is the healthiest thing for me now to simply leave this site ?

It is only my geographic tongue symptom that gives me reason to lurk.

A couple of recent posts, I have allowed, to affect me.....

There is no way the tests can be wrong are there ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2006, 06:43:27 am »
Fred,

Is the healthiest thing for me now to simply leave this site ?
YES! And seek the assistance of a mental health care professional to help you get to the bottom of why you cannot accept repeated negative hiv test results.

It is only my geographic tongue symptom that gives me reason to lurk.
Geographic tongue has NOTHING to do with hiv. Have you even been officially diagnosed with geographic tongue, or are you self diagnosing? (no, don't answer that - it's rhetorical)

A couple of recent posts, I have allowed, to affect me.....
STOP coming here an reading posts then. If you need a time out to encourage you to stop coming here, that can be arranged with a few clicks of my trusty mouse.

There is no way the tests can be wrong are there ?
NO! You are reliably, conclusively hiv negative.

Use condoms and you will remain hiv negative. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fred

« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2006, 01:44:40 am »
hello darkness my old friend.

following on from lovelifes unfortunate diagnosis, i am concerned that my similar symptoms could be an ominous sign.

it's now 19 weeks post exposure and i have a cold.

runny nose, sore throat, chestiness & cough as well as geographic tongue.

if lovelife's incredible story can result in a positive, couldn't mine ?

can my cold be late onset ARS ?

Should I retest ?

p.s. seeing a therapist on Friday.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2006, 02:13:10 am »
Fred,

LoveLifes situation is by no means clear at this stage, but it's a good example of why surfing through the other forums here is not the best idea for easily freaked out types, such as yourself.

I'm pleased to hear that you're seeing a therapists on Friday. Good on you for taking a step in the right direction.

MtD

Offline fred

« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2006, 07:58:01 am »
Does ARS symptoms include respiratory symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing and cough ?

Fred

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2006, 08:49:10 am »
No, but a cold sure does and so do allergies.

Offline fred

« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2006, 09:06:05 am »
Thankyou

Offline fred

« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2006, 05:37:43 am »
Got my first appointment with a therapist in 1.5 hours  ???

Still somewhat convinced I have HIV.

Due to sore patches on tongue (for 13 weeks), Cold symptoms (1 week)

This is despite the following negative tests;

HIV 1+2 Ag+Ab at 30 days
HIV 1+2 Ag+Ab at 52 days
HIV 1+2 Ag+Ab at 63 days
HIV 1+2 Ag+Ab at 70 days
HIV 1+2 Rapid   at 77 days
HIV 1+2 Ag+Ab at 93 days
HIV 1+2 Rapid   at 105 days
HIV PCR DNA     at 105 days
HIV 1+2 Rapid   at  129 days

It would really help me if you guys could give me any feedback that I can share with my therapist in regards to the conclusiveness of the testing and the irrationaility of my behaviour. I can only glimpse at this due to my state of mind.

If you can help...I would really appreciate it...I so want to get off this merry-go-round.

Fred

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2006, 05:42:46 am »
I so want to get off this merry-go-round.

Then don't come back to this forum. You're HIV negative and that's not going to change any of the results. After 95 posts that should be enough. Keep working with your mental health professional for your problems.

Offline Darkfiber

« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2006, 06:47:59 am »
...what Rapid said.

...and print this thread  out and bring it to yout therapist.

Regards

Darkfiber

Offline fred

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2006, 04:30:03 am »
I have had my cold for two weeks now, the cough just won't go away  >:(

Colds don't usually linger like this do they ? (weakened immune system !!)

I am trying to tell myself that it's nothing, I am seeing a therapist, but it takes time you know.

Tested negative on 4th Gen now at 20 weeks.

I'm falling apart here.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2006, 06:39:56 am »
Fred,

You are hiv negative, end of story. What ever is going on with you has nothing to do with hiv. Coming to this website is not doing you any good. I'm giving you that time out I warned you about.

Work with your therapist and see your doctor about your cold. You do realise, don't you, that stress will weaken your immune system a hell of a lot quicker than hiv could ever hope to. It's no wonder you can't shake off a cold with the state you've gotten yourself into.

You are hiv negative. No kidding.

Your time out will run for four weeks. Do not create a new account to get around your time out, or you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.