Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 04:22:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772996
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 219
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ATRIPLA DAY 11 RASH  (Read 5291 times)

Offline EUROLOVE

ATRIPLA DAY 11 RASH
« on: September 15, 2012, 09:36:36 am »
SO the rash is all over my neck, arms, chest, butt and upper legs.. My ears are hot as hell, and it's a bit ichy. I believe the cortisone has helped with the itching but still I can feel it a bit.. I'm watching out for blisters since if they happen the doc said it can be very serious. After much research I think I can stick this one out, I went to rent a few movies, called out from work and will just stay in my own space for a few days. I feel that it gets a bit better when I move around and get some circulation going. Even after jogging a bit.. After I lie down for too long it gets warm and more red. Like when I woke up this am I was bright red all over my neck.

Anyways i'll keep updating on this and hope that like the others who experienced the same thing this too shall pass in a few days. I'm scheduled to see my doc on monday so we'll see.

until then..

Bye from Chicago!

;)

http://justmeandhiv.blogspot.com

http://justmeandhiv.blogspot.COM

Offline softballdude2012

• Diagnosed July 2012
Re: ATRIPLA DAY 11 RASH
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 10:57:28 am »
Hello Euro,

I just started Atripla, how soon did the rash come on?

Your post just made me super nervous.  I hope you will be all right.  Can you take an antihistamine or anything like that?

just curious, I hope it passes soon.

"the past is just that the past, the future isn't here, today is a gift, that is why it's called the present"

June/July 2013 CD4 694 VL-undectable
September 2012 CD4 752 VL 11,669
started Atripla 09/13/2012

Offline EUROLOVE

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 12:48:55 pm »
Hi Softballdude.

Don't get nervous, I'm coping OK, remembering that this is just apart of it, and chances that you will even get the rash is less then 15% or something like that I heard. The antihistamines are helping, so is moving around and focusing on other things, just letting it have its course.. I would lie if I told u I was totally fine right now, I'm a bit nervous and I want it to get better not worse, redder etc. but as I said I try to remain positive that this will pass, Hopefully its just a reaction to the meds, it seems consistent with other peoples post, it arrived on day 8/9 and its getting increasingly stronger, but if it turns in a day or two I'll now I got through this as well and can continue with the Atripla.

I will continue to post here and on my blog. MOstly for myself and for people like yourself so we can communicate what we are experiencing. There is only so much a doctor can do. Sometimes a word or two from someone in a similar situation is more reassuring.

I hope you'll be fine! and remember you can get through this! In a few weeks we'll be way on our way to a much healthier life we had a week ago.

;)

http://justmeandhiv.blogspot.COM

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 01:35:37 pm »
Hi Euro, I know you're new here but a bit of advice:  it is not necessary to post a NEW thread each time you want to report your experiences after starting meds.

This is the third thread you've initiated, not counting your blog announcement.

Four days in

Truvada rash

It would've been better if you'd just contain all subsequent updates within your initial thead: New blog keeping diary on HIV meds because with each and every update, it would push the topic to the top of this forum.

That way it wouldn't seem like you were (unintentionally) flooding this forum.  And people would find it easier to keep up with your posts, if they are in ONE place.
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline EUROLOVE

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »
Solo_LT . Thanks for the heads up, as I am new to the forum I didn't think of it that way, but from now on I will post my thoughts under the same thread.. Thank you.
 ;)

Offline softballdude2012

• Diagnosed July 2012
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 05:49:22 pm »
Hi Euro,

Thanks for responding I will have to keep my eye on your blog or whatever it is.  Speaking off, how would I create one if I wanted to track my progress?

I really do not even know how to check where I have posted for others.

You are right, we will get through this together.  I am so thankful to have found this website.  I was hesitant at first but glad I joined.

Please keep me posted even maybe a private message just in case I lose track. 

A day in with movies sounds so fun!!!  I stay pretty busy so days that you just get to chill are great, even though you are battling off the rash.

Ok talk soon,

SBdude
"the past is just that the past, the future isn't here, today is a gift, that is why it's called the present"

Offline EUROLOVE

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 03:42:54 pm »
Hi Softball Dude.

I'm happy to say that the rash has already started to minimize, no more itching and the really red spots are now mostly light pink almost skin toned already.

;)

I'm on day 13 now.

Offline softballdude2012

• Diagnosed July 2012
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 08:19:28 pm »
Hello Euro,

I am still trying to figure out this forum and who responds to what.  I am so happy to hear the rash is minimizing.

I have not had any side effects outside of day one and I am just about a week in.  I am still looking to that day ten mark.

I hope all is well with you.

Thanks,
SBdude  8)

Offline DiabloII

• Life is a Battle Field
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 10:02:22 pm »
Hi everyone!

Tested poz 6-6-12.  Doc determines I have resistance.  Started combination meds late June.  5 days in, I'm hospitalized for severe reaction to meds.  Doctor fired!  New Doc and new meds!  After a lot of consultation and trials, I started Atripla 10 days ago now.  After 5 days I developed the rash.  It was terrible..., from head to toe!  It lasted about three days.  My doc told me to stop taking the meds for one day and then start back.  I followed his advise and I think it may have helped a little.  My rash has cleared up now and I'm on day 10.  I only hope it does not come back!!  There are days that I have the tingling feeling and the hot ears, LOL!  But so far, no more rash.  We will see.  Hang in there Euro, we will get through this together!  And thanks to all who help each of us newbies cope from day to day!  Life is a battlefield and we have to fight to win the battle!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.