Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:36:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 628
Total: 630

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Depression, extremely afraid of a possible exposure !  (Read 12120 times)

Offline ddln

Depression, extremely afraid of a possible exposure !
« on: December 12, 2011, 04:20:00 pm »
Hello everybody.
I'm terrified, I can eat, sleep and I'm really afraid of test.
I really need help, I read all the forums, all the info about oral sex. and hiv and still with doubts cause i found a lot of info. of people who become infected by this way.

I will put my story, on June I've had oral sex both ways with a transsexual unknow status, after that I stayed on panic beleving that I've became positive and afraid of contagious my wife. 8 weeks after I've made a rapid test, that brazilian govern offers for free, negative. I promised myself dont do this again. 9 weeks ago I was drunk and made the same thing, oral sex for about 2-3 minutes without cum, maybe a little of pre-cum with a unknow transsexual. Now I'm really afraid to test again. I dont know what to do. I founded the switzerland Aids department and Australian Victoria state says oral sex without cum is NO risk and is safe. (aids.ch/e - http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/HIV_and_gay_men_safe_sex). I dont know what to do I'm desperate, I'm freaking out.

I Know its really low risk when involves ejaculation, but still have a probability this is my fear, and what about without ejaculation still have a probability or is NO risk?

Can I continue make sex without condon with my wife withuot fear of HIV ?

Should I test again?

The test made 8 weeks after the first ocasion is 100% safe ?

And what is easier to became infected, by performing oral sex in a person who is on a high prevalence group but still unknow or having unprotected vaginal with a woman who is not in the group of high prevalence?

Thanks everybody.

Offline ddln

Re: Depression, extremely afraid of a possible exposure !
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 04:22:12 pm »
I didnt got ARS simpotons at all. I dont know if its a good sign. Please everybody I'm suffering a lot with this.

Offline ddln

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 04:24:55 pm »
I forgot to say, but when I did the test the nurse told me I was at a risk of infection from the oral sex. So this is the reason I'm worryed.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 04:28:37 pm »
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

Offline ddln

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 04:30:11 pm »
Can you answer the questions that I made, please?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 04:33:26 pm »
I did answer you, I told you how HIV is transmitted.

Offline ddln

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 04:35:52 pm »
I Know its really low risk when involves ejaculation, but still have a probability this is my fear, and what about without ejaculation still have a probability or is NO risk?

Can I continue make sex without condon with my wife withuot fear of HIV ?

Should I test again?

The test made 8 weeks after the first ocasion is 100% safe ?

And what is easier to became infected, by performing oral sex in a person who is on a high prevalence group but still unknow or having unprotected vaginal with a woman who is not in the group of high prevalence?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 04:41:56 pm »
Had you had a risk I would have told you that you had a risk.

Offline ddln

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 04:47:03 pm »
So why the nurse that who works for the public health care who makes the hiv tests said it was a risk?
And if have a theorical risk still a risk. I wanna know without ejaculation still a theorical risk or not?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 05:01:38 pm »
Basically you are worrying needlessly. We are not responsible for what a nurse tells you. Unfortunately many healthcare professionals are not as up-to-date about HIV prevention as they ought to be.

The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected anal and vaginal intercourse. As long as condoms are used for those activities you will be well protected.

Your saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent HIV transmission if you give oral sex to someone. And as far as risk from receiving oral, it's one of the most common of sexual activities. In the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a confirmed case of transmission in that manner.

You don't need to test any further for HIV unless you want the inevitable negative result just for your peace of mind. Otherwise I don't see any need for testing nor for further concern on your part about HIV.

Andy Velez

Offline ddln

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 05:06:44 pm »
Thanks Andy ! Its safe to continue unprotected sex with my wife withour fear of HIV ?
I didnt got ARS symptoms this is a good indicate ?
And the fact that wast ejaculation this still is 0 risk, even is a theorical risk?
Last one. What it is easier to became infected, by performing oral sex in a person who is on a high prevalence group but still unknow or having unprotected vaginal with a woman who is not in the group of high prevalence?

Thanks a lot

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 05:33:36 pm »
OK, now stop listening to your guilt over having strayed and listen to me. NO RISK means NO RISK. Period.

I've already told you what the only two for real risks are for sexual transmission of the virus. And you didn't do either of those things.

You have no cause for further concern. Yes, you can safely have sex with your wife.

Now let this go and get on with your life. You did what you did and you can't undo that. But fortunately none of what you did put you at risk for HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline ddln

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 05:37:31 pm »
Even if she/he was positive and with a high level of viral load? Thanks again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 06:59:19 pm »
Her viral load would only be an issue if you had been having unprotected intercourse. Stop making this situation more complicated than it really is. You were not at risk.
Andy Velez

Offline ddln

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 07:01:27 pm »
You guys really knows everything ! I was with fears and doubts about yours answers. Sorry for that everyone. So this is the story, today went to my personal doctors, she is one of the bests in south of brazil, with doctored in europa, university maestry, really good professional. I told my exposure then she said, I bet my diploma that you are not going to get aids this way. (oral sex).
She said you dont have to test, but I decided anyway, so tomorrow I'm going for test for my mind only. I hope you guys and her are correct. But anyway I stayed very relaxed about that. Course I'm still a little scared of testing about will be better for me to know the results.
Thank you guys and I will update here the results.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 07:09:34 pm »
She is as bad as the nurse. You do not contract AIDS if you have an exposure and would be infected, you contract HIV. AIDS is a progression of HIV. You did not have an exposure.

Offline ddln

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 07:15:21 pm »
I writed wrong. I mean HIV not aids.
Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 08:55:45 am »
You need to get on with your life. HIV is not your problem. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline ddln

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 06:37:47 pm »
I'm really happy I tested with a 4 generation teste NEGATIVE ! 70 days after the episode. How sure is this test on this time ?   
But one thing puted me on worry before the results.
The Dr, Sean answered my questions on MEDHELP.
Look what he said:
Hello

Please don't kill yourself - that would be very bad for everyone, especially your wife.

Yes, the nurse in the clinic is correct - there is a very small risk of picking up HIV through sucking an HIV positive male. But, the risk is tiny and we certainly don't know whether she was HIV negative or positive.

The nurse is right to say that you should not have unprotected sex with your wife until you have been tested for STD's - that is just good manners and basic safety.

I do NOT think you will turn out to be HIV positive from this event but you should test and make sure.

kind regards, Sean

Hello,

No, I don't agree with the statements made in your quote above.

Having oral sex performed on you carries no risk of HIV transfer.

Performing oral sex on an HIV positive person MAY expose a person to the risk of infection. The risk is very much reduced by not getting semen in the mouth. I have patients who maintain that their only risk was sucking - not many but some.

If an HIV positive person is on medication and their HIV control is optimal then I do not believe this poses a risk.

best wishes, Sean

The link:  http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---International/Extremely-desperate--I-putted-in-my-head-I-have-HIV-/show/1646506

So I stayed really worried when he said this.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 06:58:06 pm »
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia, MD, MBBS, LMS, MRCP(UK), MRCGP, PhD
in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA

■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:11:13 pm by RapidRod »

Offline ddln

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 12:08:23 am »
Hello again! I`m really anxious and fear for a possible exposure.
I don`t know if I`m having OCD, but I cant think in anything else.
29 days ago I engaged in a mutual martubation with a scort, was ok, but whats makes me feel worried, is because she spited saliva on her hand and then masturbated me. My fear is what if she had some blood in her saliva? Is that a risk?
Lets imagine the worst scene, she had blood on her saliva and I had a port of entry on my penis. Should I be worried? Should I test?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 01:09:30 am »
IN no way, shape. or form was this an HIV risk

Saliva contains over a dozen different elements that neutralize HIV. Spit on the hand for lubrication is NO RISK.

Your risks for HIV in a sexual environment are:

Unprotected vaginal and/or anal sex.

Period.

That's all there is.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline ddln

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 01:36:49 am »
But if have blood in her saliva?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 01:50:26 am »
But if have blood in her saliva?

Even is she used blood INSTEAD of saliva. HIV CAN NOT infect outside the host.

There is NO RISK.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline ddln

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 01:52:27 am »
Ok ! Thanks for the attention !

Offline ddln

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 10:14:57 pm »
But if was blood instead of saliva why would not be a risk?
I`m worried cause its been 4 weeks from the episode and I`m with a mild sore throat and a soft fever.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 11:55:05 pm »
But if was blood instead of saliva why would not be a risk?
I`m worried cause its been 4 weeks from the episode and I`m with a mild sore throat and a soft fever.

Because saliva contains over a dozen elements that neutralize HIV. HIV cannot survive in saliva.

Hell, she could have bled over your penis and used it to masturbate (which doesn't work as lube BTW) and you would have made history books had you been infected.

You do NOT get HIV in the way you described.

If you read the welcome thread at the top of this forum, you will note:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=220.0

Please consider yourself warned.

Welcome Thread

Offline ddln

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 02:04:03 pm »
Hello everybody ! I made the ELISA today, tomorrow I will have the result. I`m really afraid and scared of become positive from the masturbation with saliva.
Today is 6 weeks from the episode. What you guys think, 6 weeks in ELISA in 100% secure? I`m afraid of false positive to. I`m really scared.
I will apreciate your knowledge abou the assunt.
Thank you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 02:20:24 pm »
dd,

Your result will be conclusive because as you have been repeatedly told, you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

You will not be permitted to use this site to continue to wring your hands over this NO RISK situation. If you keep coming back with more, you WILL be given that time out Jonathan warned you about.

Please consider yourself warned for the last time!!!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ddln

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 10:18:14 pm »
Sorry, I`m really scared and paranoid with fears of been infected.
My mind keeps thinking about the routes and the odds that can heapen.
Like some blood in her saliva could enter my urethra and cause the infection.
I know its silly, but my mind cant think like that. I was all day just thinking about been exposed. I`ts hard, I`m a OCD person. It sucks.
I got the result today, came negative, p24 exam, 43 days after the situation.
This exam is definitive, or should repeat at 3 mounths to be 100% good?
Sorry guys, last question about this.
Thanks again and sorry to bother you, its just because I`m alone, you are the only one I can talk about it.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 10:30:42 pm »
Sorry, I`m really scared and paranoid with fears of been infected.
My mind keeps thinking about the routes and the odds that can heapen.
Like some blood in her saliva could enter my urethra and cause the infection.
I know its silly, but my mind cant think like that. I was all day just thinking about been exposed. I`ts hard, I`m a OCD person. It sucks.
I got the result today, came negative, p24 exam, 43 days after the situation.
This exam is definitive, or should repeat at 3 mounths to be 100% good?
Sorry guys, last question about this.
Thanks again and sorry to bother you, its just because I`m alone, you are the only one I can talk about it.
How many times do you have to be told you never had an exposure? Ann doesn't joke about the warnings.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 08:29:29 am »
dd,

Unless you're in the habit of repeatedly punching a person in the mouth before they blow you or use their saliva as lube to masturbate you, there could not possibly be enough blood present to cause concern.

You got a NO RISK handjob. Get over it already.

I suggest you get professional help for your OCD. We cannot help you with that here.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.