Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:41:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 210
Total: 210

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ~  (Read 56099 times)

Offline Eldon

~
« on: December 17, 2006, 05:33:51 am »
12.17.2006 --- 5:19AM EST

Another revelation for the AM group...

Title: "Revelations of Many - The Prelude"

In this life we all tend to get caught up with our own Dramas. Sometimes these Dramas are a direct cause for an occurrence, experience or it is a distraction that is evident which will temporarily detour or suspend your forward motion on the path that you are currently walking on in this life.

Many are still at the crossroads sorting through our emotions while taking the time out to make the best decision on which route they will take to continue to travel on during your journey. This is a good choice because it directs us towards the "right path" in the midst of it all.

While all of this is going on in your life, remember to take the time out to look around you and observe what is going on around you in this life. The reason you may want to do this is mainly because there could be something that you will miss, meaning there could be an answer to a question that you have been seeking an answer for, or a valuable suggestion that could assist you, or even a valuable message that can enrich your life with an added level of strength as you continue to walk on your journey in this life.

Stay Tuned to This Channel, there may be something contained within these messages (as well as other posters that are posting messages) that will not only fulfill and enrich the above but also help you plow through any barriers or roadblocks that you may be experiencing as a setback in this life. Do not fret, Do not worry, Do not let it consume you, as these minor setbacks shall pass as well.

There are other revelations that have been realized and these messages are under preparation in order to share them with you on your behalf.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this message. Take Care of YOU!

Don’t Give Up, Don’t Give in…Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!!!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:49:20 pm by Eldon »

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
Re: Revelations of Many --- The Prelude
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:59:29 am »
Eldon,

Are you, by any chance, channeling the late Rev. Norman Vincent Peale?  Dale Carnegie?  Aimee Semple McPherson?

Just asking for clarification.

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 09:44:37 am »
Here is my "Reader's Digest" summary (at the risk of oversimplifying):

• Don't get too distracted by life's setbacks.  They're inevitable, but they do not have to derail you.
  • Keep your mind and senses open -- you never know who or where the next big idea/revelation in your life will come from.

Of course, it is possible that the next big idea/revelation could come from a setback.  You know, the whole "when life gives you lemons, make lemondade" philosophy.

Regards,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline dad1216

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 10:40:05 am »
Many are still at the crossroads sorting through our emotions while taking the time out to make the best decision on which route they will take to continue to travel on during your journey. This is a good choice because it directs us towards the "right path" in the midst of it all.

How can you say this...we all have stood at some crossroad in our life and sorted out all the emotions and made a decision which according to you is the "right path"...how do you know this...everyone's life would be totally different if you took the "other" path. 

There is no "right path" as you will never know where that other path would have led you.   

I'm sure a lot of people have said "if I would have only made a different choice back then my life would be totally different".  We are who we are by our choices in life and the path we take, and no one has the "right path".  Sometimes we all get lucky and realize that we did make the right choice way back then....but you will never know...the other path would have made you a whole different person.

This is a very simple...simple....simple example...of a decision I made years ago after weighing out all the pros and cons...standing at that crossroad...with all the "drama" going on..

Am I going to have sex with him?

I said yes...I got HIV

Had I said no I would not be on this website today....

Dad

23 years HIV+ (Oct 88)
11 years AIDS (March 00)

CD4=83  VL=47,000  (May 2011)
CD4=63  VL=78,470  (Oct 2010)
Prezista..Norvir..Truvada

SFscruff

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 11:34:26 am »
Revelation or Reverend Eldon?  There's a schizophrenic who stands on the street corner by my apartment shouting the same diatribe until the police haul him away on a 51/50, coincidence or just another path?  This poor schizo actually says, 'Fret not, fret not, fret ye not, be ye not fretful.'  Wow, it all makes sense now, stay tuned to this channel, film at 11:00, scary.

Darin

Offline Eldon

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 06:18:21 pm »
Hey Boo…

None of the above that you have listed.

Hey Henry…

You are right on point with your feedback as it is not oversimplifying. It is the truth.

Hey Dad1216…

No pun intended. However, if you are out shopping for a certain item, you will make a few comparisons in order to find out which purchase would be your best option right? The same applies to sorting through our emotions. If we choose the best option, then it would be considered the “right path” because it was the better choice. We all make decisions in this life each day. Based on these decisions, it points us in either direction on the paths for us to walk on.

You are right when it comes to deciding on which would be the “right path” to be chosen. I’d suppose the better way of stating it would be the “better path” to walk on. No pun intended. It simply a decision, and based on that decision, there is no certainty as to how it will turn out until you walk down the path that you decided to walk on.

Hey SFscruff…

Its Revelation not Reverend. The message is simple, do not be discouraged, there is more that life has to offer to all of us. Even you were not discouraged and you remained positive through it all to get to where you are now. I admire that you chose to take that stance with your life and moved forward. As I write to you, I encourage you to keep that positive outlook that you have on your life.

In the midst of it all, sometimes we do need to have that breath of reassurance.

"Don't Give Up, Don't Give In... Cause it is ALL within you to WIN!"

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 08:18:18 pm »
Darin,

I am not sure how productive you contempt and derision of Eldon continues to be.  You critique him as schizophrenic (senseless, repetitive noise), however your derogatory comments are just noise on top of noise (sorry Eldon you can be long worded though)...   :)  No one is making you buy his book, however you act like a fascist ready attack and burn all his writings... 

It may be important to disagree with someone without telling them to shut-up or making them feel like an idiot.

There is a sense of democracy in the notion of a forum and I would not discourage you from participating, however your feelings toward Eldon are pretty transparent and only come across as mean spirited and contorted.  It may be important to move on from your grudge...

Eldon, I would be careful with the word truth.  It has a long problematic history...

To quote wikipedia's notion of Foucault's truth... "Truth, for Michel Foucault, is problematic when any attempt is made to see truth as an "objective" quality. He prefers not to use the term truth itself but "Regimes of Truth". In his historical investigations he found truth to be something that was itself a part of, or embedded within, a given power structure. Thus Foucault's view shares much in common with the concepts of Nietzsche. Truth for Foucault is also something that shifts through various episteme throughout history." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth

Truth is bound up in the subject in a context of power.

Incidentally, Foucault died of AIDS in 1984 after contracting HIV from having too much fun in San Franscico.

Drew

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 08:23:06 pm »
Has noticed that too but did not want to have to beat a dead horse and I don't really like to repeat myself.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 10:55:15 pm »
Eldon,

You should write however you want, sorry about that, however you might find this article helpful for writing on the web and usability...

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9710a.html

Bests,
Drew

Offline Eldon

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 11:55:57 pm »
Drew...

Thank You!

SFscruff

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 10:11:35 am »
Drew, you're right, I'm wrong.  My attacks are not productive.  I'm a fascist, ready to burn books -- now, wasn't that a productive criticism of me that you made.  My solution:  ignore.  You win and I'm officially tying myself to the stake so you may silence me.  And by the way, I didn't accuse Eldon of schizophrenia, please read my reply.  That was sweet of you to send him a link on how to write coherently and meaningfully on the internet.  Were you accusing him of something?  Rhetorical question there and I won't be viewing this thread again, so a response isn't necessary.

Darin   

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 10:19:06 am »
oh goodness. i thought the title said Revelations of MARY

i was prepared to read some fatima story straight out of portugal or something LOL

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 10:49:15 am »
According to many the only "revelations" anyone should be paying attention to are contained in the new testament in the Book of Revelations lightly entitled ' The Apocalypse of John.' Merry Christmas!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 10:57:32 am »
Eldon,

You know they say they talked about Jesus an awful lot too, take it as a compliment that there is always someone that has something to say about you.... ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 11:52:55 am »
According to many the only "revelations" anyone should be paying attention to are contained in the new testament in the Book of Revelations lightly entitled ' The Apocalypse of John.' Merry Christmas!

Fiction writing at its best!!!!

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 12:06:35 pm »
To many biblical truth has been treated lightly while social and emotional matters have demanded attention. This closing hour does not allow for such carelessness neither does it allow a light treatment of the spirit of discernment. Those who do not have a firm and concious hold on biblical values and biblical truth will not be able to survive.

p.s. Matthew 12:42

...the Queen of the South shall rise up in judgement of this generation, and shall condemn it; for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Soloman, and behold, something greater than Soloman is here.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 12:16:15 pm by Dachshund »

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 12:24:04 pm »
Ummmm YEAH! 

::)
RIDE!!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 12:24:26 pm »
Hmm, I do not understand what that means really, Dach. If we do not follow the biblical text, we are lost? I do not follow Christianity, I am Pagan. I do not feel any one religion has all the answers or is the true religion but we all tend to choose one that works for us.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 12:34:53 pm »
Hmm, I do not understand what that means really, Dach. If we do not follow the biblical text, we are lost? I do not follow Christianity, I am Pagan. I do not feel any one religion has all the answers or is the true religion but we all tend to choose one that works for us.

Wow we have more in common than I thought!!!

Although not a professed Pagan.  I cant seem to choose one.  I just know I dont like shit shoved in my head as truth when there is no proof for it. 

Sorry for the Thread Jack Eldon....

[attachment deleted by admin]
RIDE!!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 12:55:43 pm »

Bingo, my point exactly. Read each post with scrutiny and your questions will be answered...to hear the wisdom of Soloman.

I hope this is not a hijacking, but an illumination, with more to be revealed later.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 02:17:44 pm »
OK.  I confess that I am among the lost...clearly.  I am utterly confused by practically ALL of the above.  This thread is weaving itself into a straight jacket for me.  Sorry.

I got the part Henry said.  I'm gonna stick with that, and let you folks hash out the rest. 

Speaking of hash...          Hey, Queen!

~+
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 07:48:29 pm »

My dear fellow members, I feel that it is necessary to clarify a few points that have been given as feedback in this thread. With no malice towards none, let’s review together the meaning of a Revelation.

What is a Revelation?

There are (2) two types of Revelations. This is to include;

A Revelation is:

1:  An act of revealing to view or making known
2: Something that is revealed; especially: an enlightening or astonishing disclosure <shocking revelations>
3: A pleasant often enlightening surprise <her talent was a revelation>

A Self-Revelation is:

1: Revelation of one's own thoughts, feelings, and attitudes especially without deliberate intent.

Examples of Revelations:

Poetry (there are a number of posted threads with this, as well as Poets in the World; read them there are messages within them)

Music (there are a number of Music Artists in the World; Listen to their lyrics there is a message in them [Tori Amos, Celine Dion, Elton John, Journey, etc…])

Arts & Graphics (there are a number of these talented individuals in the World; take a trip to the museum and admire the beauty that is expressed in them. Thank you Teresa, Kelly and the others)

Movies (there are a number of talented directors in the World who have written awesome scripts [Gene Rodenberry, George Lucas, Stephen Spielberg, etc…])

With that said, when you look at the big picture in this life, these are gifts or talents that we all have which stems off of our creative energy of talent. In short, it is a form of an expression that can, may, or will assist an individual as they continue to walk on their own path in this life.

When these Revelations are realized and the individual has an awareness of them, these messages are attached with the burning desire to express and to share these Revelations with others. It goes right back to the reason that we are here and in each other’s lives. Thunter34 even dreamed it.

Hal…

The seven seals have not been open as of yet. This topic is not about religion, it is about an inner Revelation that was revealed in order to share this with the others as an EFFORT to possibly assist them as they continue to walk on their journey in this life.

In closing, Revelations can come to all of us in many different forms. These Revelations tend to reveal itself to us due to our inner person within which Asks, Seeks, and Knocks on Doors for he answers that are sought in this life. It all interacts with one another and the very answers are there for us to have.

Don’t Give Up, Don’t Give In…Cause It Is ALL Within You To WIN!!!”
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 08:17:49 pm by Eldon »

Offline Cliff

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 08:06:21 pm »
Music (there are a number of Music Artists in the World; Listen to their lyrics there is a message in them [Tori Amos, Celine Dion, Elton John, Journey, etc…])

eeeww, Celine Dion, Elton John, Journey..  LOL

So, now I come to you!!!!!  In open arms.  NOthing to hide.  Believe what I say.  So here I am....open arms!!!

There's gotta be a better list than that one.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 08:13:49 pm »
Hey Cliff...

I am OPEN to ALL kinds of music with the exception of Rap in which I am still trying to understand. Any suggestions, let me know. LOL!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2006, 08:20:44 pm »
Maybe I have to get stoned to get this thread. Kinda limping along here.

Be kind. To me. Please. It's the season to whatever......
Andy Velez

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2006, 08:21:26 pm »
Many believe that the seals have already been broken.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2006, 08:26:49 pm »
Hey Andy...

Clear mind, clear thoughts, no booze, no weed. Healthy thinklng. May I suggest that you put on your favorite Music track and listen to the lyrics of the song and you will see why you are so attached to the song, its sending you a message to your within.

Hal...That is some news.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2006, 08:34:01 pm »
Yes it is, and not to be found in pop culture or pop psychology.

If you know the self as the lord of the chariot and the body as the reins of the chariot, know the intellect as the charioteer and the mind as the reins. The senses are the horses; the objects of sense the paths; the self associated with the body, the sense and the mind-is the enjoyer. He who has no understanding, whose mind is always unrestrained, his senses are out of control, as wicked horses are for a charioteer. He however, who has understanding, whose mind is always restrained, his senses are under control, as good horses are for a charioteer.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 08:53:46 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Eldon

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2006, 08:41:02 pm »
Hey Hal...

I saw that you posted a Poem in the Off Topic forum. It was a good read. As a suggestion, you may want to start a seperate thread in order to elaborate on the above.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 08:47:26 pm »
Hey Hal...

I saw that you posted a Poem in the Off Topic forum. It was a good read. As a suggestion, you may want to start a seperate thread in order to elaborate on the above.

Thanks for the advice.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2006, 08:53:34 pm »
Hey Hal...

I like the above about understanding. Understanding also brings balance to the within. Very interesting that you brought that up. In fact, as we both know, understanding is very empowering to an individual.

Offline Amosboy

• Music is the panacea.
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2006, 11:48:29 pm »
There seem to be a lot of people on here that are intelligent, and I think they like to debate things that are clearly not based on any scientific facts.  These are matters of the heart, and from where I stand,  any discussion of "the right way" or "the wrong way" can only be divisive.  I am not comfortable speaking up for this cause or that cause.  I can only communicate about my experience with organized religions, in particular the one that involves my sister and her belief that I will burn in the eternal fires of Hell.  Her beliefs do not bother me as much as the distance it has created between us.  I'm not suggesting that we all bury our intellects in the sand and sing around the campfire, but I do think it is important to not be intentionally hurtful to other people.  I see wisdom in all spiritual endeavors that involve a "self-revelation", whether it be through Jesus, Buddha, The Great Spirit, Mother Earth...etc.  To me, it's more about getting to that place where you are safe in silence, not so much how you get there.  Quite frankly, I'm not sure about who or what to believe in.  When I'm lucky to find peace or exhilaration, I am thankful.  In my mind and my heart, I say "thank you".  Trying to figure it all out is like trying to guess how many grains of sand are on the beach at sunset.  In the end, I'm just glad to be there.

Footnote:  If someone wants to start a post about darkness (wounds of the spirit) and its effect on "my personal living experience", then I will gladly give my opinion on that as well, as my living experience is not always about light and positive "self-revelation".  However, I choose to spend more time there.

Brooks aka Amosboy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 11:50:11 pm by Amosboy »
"Love isn't love unless it's not painfully absurb."

-Charlotte Martin

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2006, 12:00:02 am »
Many believe that the seals have already been broken.

I think the eskimos are still clubbing them in Alaska ;)
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2006, 12:25:20 am »
Regarding post 15 (and a few others):  This Queen of the South is about ready to condemn this thread...cuz I am still confused by most of it.  And I thought I could hang with the best of 'em.  Phooey.

But since I'm here...I'll make a shameless plug for my latest additions to 'Cool Lyrics'!  They're both in a spiritual vein.  Maybe summa yunz might wanna check 'em out...see if they turn out to be revelatory in any way.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 12:43:14 am »
Regarding post 15 (and a few others):  This Queen of the South is about ready to condemn this thread...cuz I am still confused by most of it.  And I thought I could hang with the best of 'em.  Phooey.

But since I'm here...I'll make a shameless plug for my latest additions to 'Cool Lyrics'!  They're both in a spiritual vein.  Maybe summa yunz might wanna check 'em out...see if they turn out to be revelatory in any way.

I was just pointing out what I consider to be malarkey...and until you reach my age young lady...I will continue to reign as The Queen of the South. ;D

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2006, 12:55:09 am »
Gotcha!  And I didn't mean to highjack E's thread with my 'Lyrics' plug....just that he mentioned song lyrics and how it might be sending a message to my within.  So, if it seemed highjacked, I am officially handing it back.  Just thought it might be a tie-in.

~+

ps-  gads, that's one ghastly....ah, never mind.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2006, 12:57:39 am »
Hey Brooks...

You have pointed out some very valid aspects in this discussion. However, this discussion is of a sharing nature and it is not directed towards Religion. Each and every person has their right to choose which path they wish to travel on in order to get to their destination.

Thomas...LOL!

Thunter34...It will be come clearer to you in time.

Hal...There are a number of variables that exist today.

If there is something that can, may or will be beneficial to others, its simply sharing with others.

Let's try to keep this in its proper context please. Its Good Will towards others.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 01:00:29 am by Eldon »

Offline Eldon

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2006, 12:59:49 am »
Hey Thunter34...

You are spot on when it comes to the lyrics sending messages to the within. It does tie in together.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2006, 01:05:09 am »
Cool!  So that was not an offical highjack? Good!  I was going more for the tie-in.

Plus, I'm a lyrics freak and want people to see ones I think are cool.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2006, 01:07:47 am »
Hey Thunter34...

Indeed many lyrics that have been written are cool. For some reason now I am thinking of the group Chicago. Intense.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2006, 01:17:19 am »
Indulged too often...even sharing becomes overbearing.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2006, 01:19:47 am »
Auntie Doxie...

Shall we have dinner? You pick the place.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2006, 01:25:07 am »
I think I will take a rain check.

DACHSHUND

Offline Eldon

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2006, 03:56:47 am »
Hey Hal...

Alright.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2006, 09:32:01 am »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:32:48 pm by Iggy »

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2006, 10:14:23 am »
I dont know whether to jump off a bridge or go to church.... this is all so confusing!  Except for Hal being a Queen, THAT I get!!!!
RIDE!!!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2006, 10:23:38 am »
I'm with you, AC!  LOL.  The Hal/Queen part came through crystal clear!  LOL 

Maybe we should jump off a church...   ??
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2006, 10:38:22 am »
I dont know whether to jump off a bridge or go to church.... this is all so confusing!  Except for Hal being a Queen, THAT I get!!!!

It will all be revealed to you in the fuuuuuuuuuuture...now take a fish oil capsule and bite me. ;D

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2006, 10:47:44 am »
The fact of the matter is some of us are suffering, some in fact are suffering greatly, and that reality is consistently minimized as being just a state of mind.

Mea culpa somewhat. In terms of which camp I fall into, I am on the "cusp" and I hope you know that Iggy. Going forward I will remember your words before I post, adhering to tact/sensitivity as best as I can. Sending well-wishes, Alex

Offline dad1216

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2006, 11:34:24 am »
Finally a true revelation.......

I agree with this however I find that many who espouse the sort of new agey or positive thoughts ideology have absolutely no respect for any viewpoint that doesn't conform to their views.

If you doubt me, do some quick review of threads:

If someone writes a happy thoughts or simplistic approach to life thread and another disagrees with that view, the dissenter is usually accused of hijacking the author's thread or refusing to be happy or trying to take away from the meaning of the author's point.

While if someone writes a thread about depression, darkness or even just the non simplistic reality that sometimes life with this virus sucks, no one seems to blink an eye when people tell them that CAN'T feel that way, or that the author MUST change their viewpoint.

On this board I have witnessed time and again encouragement for those who minimize the reality of the darkness many on this board feel and a defensiveness when anyone dares to disagree that new age thoughts, practices and ideas that things will get better, or or you need to do is think a certain way - will change the course of a person's live.

The fact of the matter is some of us are suffering, some in fact are suffering greatly, and that reality is consistently minimized as being just a state of mind.

Great post Iggy!!

I hope that some of the posters that have been driven away by their opinions being minimized by this thinking come back to the forums, they are dearly missed.

23 years HIV+ (Oct 88)
11 years AIDS (March 00)

CD4=83  VL=47,000  (May 2011)
CD4=63  VL=78,470  (Oct 2010)
Prezista..Norvir..Truvada

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.